A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13}

Laxyak
    Laxyak

Female
    Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13} Empty The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13}

Post by Laxyak 4/23/2011, 6:15 am

DISCLAIMER: I love my parents, and they are NOT abusive. Don't freak out and think this is a reflection of my real life.

Note 1: It's a short story-sumfin, I have decided. I don't plan on doing much with this in the long run, but I want to write it. It moves fast because of this. It's kinda interesting, and I may end up using it in the future. You never know. Let me know if you want me to separate out the parts instead of having it on one post.

Note 2: Possibly subconsciously inspired by annabeth13<3 and Haiden's fanfics. ^^;

Note 3: The came from a name generator website (seventhsanctum.com), so it's kinda random and might not stay. heh Suggestions welcomed, though it might be kinda hard since you don't have the whole thing. Character names came from the same site, and I kinda like the randomness and ultra-fantasy they have. XD

Note 4: Begin.

Arcane Witchguard was a brown-haired boy of four when he first learned of magic. It happened at the playground, with lots of other kids running around. Cane looked through a tunnel at just the same moment a little girl his age made some sparkles appear. They formed shapes of different animals, like rabbits and dogs.

Then his mother, Eden, snatched him away. It was time to go home, and his parents didn't like to wait. He told her of what he saw, but she called him a liar. Magic wasn't allowed in Tulzael, everyone knew that, because magic brought about evil things. The girl probably had a bottle of bubbles, and he was seeing things. That was all.

Cane understood as the years went by. His teachers would explain why magic was the reason for every great war. Magic was not something to be used or desired. Anyone with magic was evil, and would become imprisoned for citizens' sake. Even with all this hurled at him with each history lesson, Cane still thought about the girl with the sparkly animals.

Usually, though, there were a lot more important things on his mind. Like now.

“I love you, baby. You don't have to hide from me. But if you do, it will hurt.”

Cane huddled under his bed, behind the box of broken toys. Did he trust Mother this time? Was it safe to come out? The threat of pain made his decision. He crawled out to find her standing in the hall.

“I can't believe you would hide from me like this,” Eden Witchguard said, hands on her hips. “You know it's time to clean up for your father.”

Cane shuffled down the hall without looking up. “Yes, mother,” he said quietly. If he didn't clean up, he knew what the consequences would be. Complaining about it would make things worse. As it was, Eden didn't let him off as easy as he had hoped.

She stopped him. He braced himself.

“Don't make me search for you like that again,” she said. The side of her hand came down upon his shoulder blade and her foot connected with his knee. He almost fell but stayed standing, head still down.

“Now get this place cleaned,” she said, and walked off.

Well, it wasn't that bad, he thought. It was my fault anyway.

At dinner, there was a conversation. Band and Eden Witchguard gave each other small smiles for a time before they spoke openly with Cane. Bane put down his fork, took a drink, and then began.

"You have come to a critical age, son. Turning fifteen is not something that happens every day. It just so happens that, in our family, fifteen is more important to your mother and I than it is to you." Cane's parents shared another smile.

Bane continued, "Let's drop all pretenses. We're going to kill you."

The smiles of his parents suddenly appeared malicious and hungry. A cold, mushy lump rose from Cane's stomach to his throat. What did he do this time? What merited death?

His father's grin grew at the sight of his pale face. "Don't even think about running away. We put special locks on all the windows and doors, and if you did get away, we'd follow you until you were dead."

Eden said, "Remember all those times you were told that magic is evil? It's because of people like us. We stole you from your real parents to get a better appearance in society. Now that you're old enough, we can use you to gain infinite power." She giggled.

"We have it all planned out," Bane said. "We reported you to the police for using magic and running away. Tomorrow we'll go down to the docks and make you drown. But first we will cast a spell, one that will give us the power we deserve upon your death. We will go about our lives, pretending to mourn your loss, as we climb the bureaucratic ladders. Eventually someone might find your body, and no one could possibly blame it on us!"

Arcane was sent to bed. The door was locked behind him. A board was nailed over the window. Cane looked at his desk. He had heard about people writing wills. Maybe he should write one. But what did he have to give?

He sat at his desk, pulled out a notebook, and picked up a pen. He started with the date, then wrote his full name. What next? he thought and leaned back in his chair.

I, Arcane James Witchguard, bequeath all my belongings to Bane and Eden Witchguard, my parents, upon my death. They also gain whatever power they deserve, due to the spell they cast. May it be known that they killed their only son for power. I love them enough to let them do it.

Do I really? he thought. Everything inside him was turmoil. What was love? Did they love him? Did he love them? They weren't even his real parents. He crossed out the last line. He was already giving away their plans. Should he say more?

Bane and Eden aren't my real parents. They stole me when I was a baby to gain public standing. Now that I'm fifteen, they plan to kill me for power. Did they love me? How could they raise me if they didn't love me? Was it wrong for them to hit me all those times? Is it wrong for them to kill me now? Should I fight back? But there's no escape. They put extra locks on the doors and windows. They told the police I performed magic and ran away. Who would believe me if I somehow got away? Should I just get it over with and do it myself? Would they love me after I'm dead if I gave them my last sacrifice?

He stopped. His head hurt. He didn't know what was right or wrong any more. He didn't know if he ever understood right and wrong. He didn't know the point of right and wrong. Things just were. He was going to die.

What did death mean? Would he feel it? Would it be a relief, maybe like sleeping? Was there anything after death? Maybe it would be better to die. It wouldn't hurt once he was dead. He thought.

Cane fell asleep at his desk. He woke to the click of the lock in his door. He instinctively ripped the page out and crumpled it in his hand before slipping it into his pocket. He stood in front of the door as it opened.

"Good, your up," Bane said. "Come on." He grabbed Cane's wrist and pulled him out of the room. There was no preamble of breakfast. he could smell ham and eggs and oranges. He would never know such things again.

He was shoved into the trunk of the car. His father tied ropes around his wrists and ankles, as well as duct-taped his mouth. He slammed the trunk lid shut.

The space wasn't all that cramped. It wasn't even pitch black. A little light shined until the car turned on. Then it was dark. Cane closed his eyes. What was the point if it was so dark?

I'm going to die anyway, he thought. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. He felt a tear slide down his nose. He didn't know he was crying. He wasn't used to crying. He had learned to not cry a long time ago. The same questions from last night crept upon him again. There wasn't much he could do now. He knew his fate, and tried not to think about it.

The car stopped. Cane tried to keep the tears from falling. It would be no good if his parents saw that. They wouldn't stop. The trunk was opened. Cane blinked because of the flashlight in his face. Eden pulled him out. She cut through the bonds and ripped the tape off his mouth. He didn't even flinch. She brought him to the shore where Bane threw a fishing net into the calm river. Cane gathered himself to ask the one most important question.

"Do you love me?"

Eden answered with an evil voice Cane had never known.

"We never loved you."

She shoved him into the water, right over the net. The net instantly wrapped around him, preventing any possible escape. Survival instincts kicked in, but he couldn't even move. He fought the net desperately, but to no avail. His lungs were failing him.

I could say that Cane died here, and the story would be over. His parents would become magically powerful, and they would go undetected for quite a while. Until Cane's body would be found, they would be under no suspicion. However, the note he wrote would spur an investigation. The police would notice the bruises and cuts, the marks from the rope and tape, and even find traces of biological evidence. It wouldn't be long then for the Witchguards to be arrested and sent to death row.

But all of that would be a lie. Just as Cane gave in and took a final watery breath, a girl grabbed him and pulled him to shore. She cut through the net and pumped his chest. Cane coughed up water and breathed air again.

"Hey kid, are you okay?" the girl asked. "Can you hear me? What's your name?"

He coughed out, "Arc=cane."

The girl smiled in relief. "I'm Raven. What happened to you?"

"Am... am I dead?"

"No," Raven said. "I saved you. You should thank me for it."

He sat up. The reality of the situation started sinking in. He was shivering, but he was alive. His parents failed. He got away. He didn't die.

"I'm n-not dead."

"No, you're not. What happened?"

"It d-didn't work. Th-they diddn't kkill me."

"Who didn't? Are you okay? You look pale."

"M-my p-- but they're nnot my... my..."

"Who?" Raven asked, getting freaked out."

A bullet just missed Cane's neck. Neither of them had heard a gunshot, but they heard it hit the stone wall further up the bank. They ducked instinctively. Raven pulled Cane behind a bush.

"What the heck?" she whispered urgently.

Cane was stiff. "Ththey ssaid they would kkill me."

"Who?" she asked again."

"They... they..."

"Oh never mind. We need to get out of here. We should be able to lose whoever it is in that building over there," she said, pointing. "On my mark, we make a run for it."

At this point, Cane was hardly even aware of Raven beside him. The whole ordeal was too much. Shock, fear, and confusion clouded his mind. If Raven hadn't grabbed his hand and pulled him along, he would still be in that bush when his parents caught up.

Last edited by The 22nd Pickle on 4/27/2011, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13} Empty Re: The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13}

Post by Kendall 4/27/2011, 11:40 pm

I like this very much.
    annabeth13<3

Female
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2010-12-30

The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13} Empty Re: The Gods of the Apocalypse (Yay Seventh Sanctum!) {PG-13}

Post by annabeth13<3 4/28/2011, 12:39 am

Its really good. I love it:)
    Laxyak
    Laxyak

Female
    Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Laxyak 4/28/2011, 11:29 pm

Okay, since you guys replied, I guess I need to make a new post for the next bit. lol

They ran. They ran without looking back. Raven never let go of Cane's hand. Something inside her knew she couldn't, shouldn't. Something inside her knew she needed her just as much as he needed her.

At last she felt it was safe, or maybe she was just tired. The sky was markedly lighter. When they came to a faltering stop at a street corner, they both bent double, trying to get their breath back. Cane fell back into the grass and closed his eyes. Now he had to find a way to explain everything to Raven and still keep her on his side. He had never told anyone about his parents. They made it clear he shouldn't.

But now that they were chasing him to death, did their consequences matter any more?

“I think... I think we lost 'em,” Raven said between breaths. “Man, I'm thirsty! Let's see if I have any cash left...” She checked her pockets, which reminded Cane of his will. He reached into his own pocket to feel a soggy mush. Carefully, he pulled it out and sat up. He gingerly flattened it on the sidewalk. The words had run, and the paper was stained from his pants, but it was somewhat legible.

“Watcha got there?” Raven asked, sitting beside him.

“It's a will I wrote last night,” Cane said, “when I thought I was going to die this morning.”

Raven gave him a confused look, but he kept his head down. He was reconsidering giving it to her. It felt like a violation. He wasn't allowed to tell anyone about his parents.

But his parents weren't around to know if he broke the rule.

“You wrote a will?” Raven finally asked when he didn't say anything more. “You've got some serious baggage. Worse than mine, by the sound of it. Here, let me read it.”

Before Cane could protest, she angled herself so she could see it better. He didn't know if he should stop her. He probably couldn't stop her if he tried, not just because he was weak, but because she was strong. As she read the note, her face became scrunched.

“Of course it's wrong!” Raven said, throwing her hands in the air. “Kids are not punching bags! How long had they been hitting you? When did they say they were going to kill you? What kind of idiot parents are they?”

Cane backed away. She was practically yelling. He was used to yelling, but not like this. Was she right? Were his parents wrong? It was those blasted words again.

Raven dropped her hands. “Oh, I'm sorry,” she said in a gentle voice. “I didn't mean to scare you. I-I'm not going to, um, hurt you. Can you... explain things to me?”

She seemed so unsure of herself all of a sudden. Cane relaxed a bit, considering her words.

“I... believe you,” she said. “And, I want to help you.”

Was it real? He wasn't used to anything about her, her body language, her tone of voice, her sympathy.

“You want to... help me?” The concept was so bizarre. He frowned as he tried out the words himself.

“Yeah.”

“You won't... hit me, if I do something wrong?”

“Of course not!” Raven said compassionately, feeling he was opening up just a bit.

Cane still didn't understand. He sighed, letting his shoulders drop. For now he would tell her... some things.

“My mom hit me since I can remember,” he began, surprised at how easy it was. “My dad, too, but I hardly saw him outside of dinner. He always worked. I never told anyone, and no one found out. Until now. They only said they were going to kill me last night. That's why I wrote the will. I don't know what to think any more...”

He trailed off, since he had answered her questions. He didn't know how to answer the third one, though, and he figured it didn't require an answer.

“When did you find out they weren't your real parents?”

“Last night. They told me when they, well, gave me my death sentence.”

A breeze blew over the teens, making them shiver. They were still soaking wet.

“Oh!” Raven said. “I forgot! We need to get us out of these clothes! Are you hungry? You're probably hungry too. I'm hungry.”

She started moving so fast, not waiting for an answer. She stood up and then pulled Cane after her. He didn't know how to stop her. They had left the note.

Raven jabbered endlessly as they walked through the city. Cane had absolutely no idea what she was saying. She was talking and walking way too fast, and his thoughts were trailing behind with the note.

What if someone found it? What if his parents found it? Then they would know he betrayed them. What did that really matter now? There were just too many questions!

“Alright, we're here,” Raven said as they stepped into a clothing store. “Pick whatever you want.”

“Anything?”

Raven nodded. “As long as it's not outrageously priced. I'm going to pick some things out myself.” Then she wandered over to the girls' section.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 11:36 pm