A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Kendall
wiseowl411
Stuart35
7 posters

The Survivors

Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male
    Number of posts : 1852
    Registration date : 2010-01-12

The Survivors Empty The Survivors

Post by Stuart35 5/24/2011, 7:48 pm

Ok, so I've came up with an awesome idea with an book. This is a Percy Jackson fanfic, but, it's not any type of Percy Jackson fanfic, this one includes guns. That's right I've said it. Celestrial Bronze bullets, Things just got Serious Business. But, here's the catch. The year is 2020, and monsters have taken over the world. The gods are too busy fighting a war with almost ALL of the other titans that have been released. Almost everybody has died, except for a couple thousand demigods, and maybe a few mortals that have taken refugee, (Mortals that can see the monsters of course). But these aren't any monsters. These new monsters are faster, deadiler, sneakier, and smarter. They also can be weilding guns, but eh, too easy if they didn't. So yeah, this book is going to kick off June 5.
    So yeah, things just got serious.

Oh yeah, this book will last all summer. So like, the chapters will keep coming as summer keeps going by. Good idea eh? Something to keep people busy if their bored. So yeah, enjoy.

Last edited by Stuart35 on 12/19/2011, 9:27 am; edited 4 times in total
    wiseowl411

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2011-05-24

The Survivors Empty Re: The Survivors

Post by wiseowl411 5/24/2011, 8:41 pm

cool.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 5/24/2011, 8:49 pm

Percy Jackson. With guns.

Eh. I've seen a lot.

Is this a summary, though? Or is it just basically an ad about your story?
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 5/30/2011, 2:10 pm

Ok, I couldn't wait for June 5th because the wait was killing me. So I'm posting Chapter 1 now. *Fixed story some, added paragraphs.*

Chapter 1
    The Past

My name is Jonathon. The date is December 21, 2012. This was the date everything started, the day the world ended. It was just a normal day of camp. I was outside near the sword training. I was battling my best friend Jacob. I was a son of Ares, and he was a son of Apollo. I was winning of course; he was never really good with a sword. “Come on Jonathon, you actually got to try,” I said. “You know I can’t beat you John,” he said. That was my nickname, because most people thought it was too long to say my entire name. He brought the sword around towards my thigh. I parried the blow and my brought my sword around to his hip. It hit him and he grabbed his hip in pain. I then kicked him backwards in the chest. He tumbled backwards and fell on his back, hitting his head. I ran over to help him out. His mouth was bleeding, but he would be okay. I helped him up. “Gosh, you got to teach me how you became so good,” he said. I smiled, “Ares.” “Well duh, yeah, but you got to teach me those moves, how you are so fast.” something else but I wasn’t paying attention. What I was paying attention to was the huge ship in the sky, heading right towards us. “Uhh… Jacob,” I said starting to stumble backwards. “Yeah?” he asked. I pointed up to the sky. He turned around. A look of horror overcame his face. He turned back to me. “Let’s get Chiron!” “Good Idea!” We started running towards Chiron’s office.

We bust through the door and saw him sitting in his chair listening to 70’s music. He turned to us, “What are you boys doing?” he asked. “THERE’S A HUGE SPACESHIP OUTSIDE AND IT’S GOING TO KILL US!!!” Jacob told him. Chiron got up suddenly. He cursed in Greek. “I knew this would happen, the prophecy told of it.” He said. Suddenly, a huge explosion rocked the room. We looked out the window. The spaceship was shooting lasers down, destroying the Mess Hall and Infirmary. Chiron turned to us. “Listen, I want both you boys to go down into the basement, there will be a secret hatch under a box that has swords in it. Go down the stairway till you see a man, tell him it’s started. Also the password is Tilemat.” We both nodded and ran down into the basement. We could hear explosions up stairs, but we didn’t bother to look outside.

When we got down to the basement, we looked around. There were a few boxes stacked in a corner. We ran over to it and started looking at the labels of the boxes. “Knives, Utensils, Accessories, Ah ha! Here it is! Swords,” I said. I dropped my sword and tried to pick up the box but it wouldn’t budge. “Help me,” I said to Jacob. He ran over and together we picked up the box and moved it aside. There was nothing there, absolutely nothing. “There’s nothing here!” yelled Jacob. “Maybe it’s somewhere else.” He started wondering around. I stayed; I looked at the floor a little more closely. Suddenly, I saw it, an invisible handle. “Jacob, come back over here, the handle was invisible.” He ran back over and looked stunned. “How did you catch that!” he asked. “Something didn’t seem right.” We pulled up the handle and found a staircase leading down. Jacob looked at me. “After you,” he said. “Fine,” I muttered. I grabbed my sword and started down the staircase.

It was dark; luckily some torches lit the way. It took about 5 minutes to get to the bottom. We eventually came across an Iron Door. We looked at each other and I knocked on it. A patch on the door slid aside revealing a set of eyes. “What’s the password?” he asked. “Tilemat,” I said. “What do you want?” “It’s started.” I said. The patch on the door closed and the door slid open. A man about 36 came into view. He was shaggy with a black beard and torn clothes. “Come in,” he said. We walked in and looked around. The room was full of high-tech gadgets. A woman was working on some different types of guns and grenades, a man and woman were talking on a radio in another language, Italian or German, and a man was working with some other stuff I couldn’t tell what it was. He looked at me and Jacob. “Welcome to the 38th Division. My name is Sam, son of Hephaestus, I expect you guys are demigods, or else you couldn’t have come here.” “Yeah, you’re right,” Jacob said. “My name is Jacob, son of Apollo.” “And my name is Jonathon, son of Ares.” Great, I’ll get you guys ready and sign you up. Hold up, Hold up! I didn’t sign up for anything!” Jacob said. Sam chuckled, “You don’t have a choice little man, the world is ending right now, and we don’t have time to stall. Let me explain.

A few years ago, the mortal government picked up an asteroid heading towards Earth, well, they THOUGHT it was an asteroid. But it was really a spaceship loaded with monsters. But these monsters are advanced, laser guns, solar powered technology, and some objects that are small, but could make a big sonic boom.” He said. “Luckily, they won’t do that, they need this planet, there planet was destroyed and they need a new one. So they came here and they’re taking over.” He said sadly. “So it’s our job to stop the Invasion and save the planet?” I asked. “Yes, and we don’t have time to sit around here and talk, the more we talk, the less time we have to make things, so let’s get working.” He turned around and started walking towards a construction table. “Well, what do we do?” Jacob asked him. He turned around and smiled at him. “Help.”

Next chapter June 5.

Last edited by Stuart35 on 5/31/2011, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/30/2011, 8:26 pm

Here's a major tip that will help you: Start a new paragraph when new people talk.

Your sentences also seem sort of short. Add more words, detail, to them. That's all I can tell you now; the block of text hurts my eyes.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/5/2011, 9:37 am

Chapter 2
    The Present

We ran in the shadows, along side Teresa, another side of Ares. Me and her were assigned to take out a bunch of monsters have a meeting in the ruins of a Plaza on Broadway street. I was carrying a VS-11, which looked sort of like a Vector, and she was carrying a Ts-95, which sort of looked like a Tar-21. We ran over into a plaza and took cover behind a counter. Suddenly our radio broke in, “Bravo 1 and 2, you have 3 tangos on patrol on the other side of your wall, heading towards your position. Be expected for a firefight.” I tuned in, “Roger Command, Out.” I looked at her, “You ready?” “Pffft, I was born ready.” We checked our ammunition and loaded up. “They should be there any second,” I said. We waited and waited. Suddenly we heard a noise on the wall to our left. We leaned and listened. We heard a thump, like something being thrown on the wall, and some muffled talking. The hair on the back of my neck went up, “C4!” I yelled. I quickly turned around to run backwards but it was too late. The wall was thrown backwards and I was thrown behind a couch on the opposite wall. I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was still here. Maybe they didn’t see me get thrown back here. I looked around for Teresa. I looked under chairs, under sofas, she wasn’t here. I looked upstairs. She wasn’t there either. I ran downstairs and got my gun. I tuned into the radio, “Command, Teresa has been kidnapped and their location unknown, should I proceed with objective or fall back to base?” The radio tuned in automatically, “No Bravo 1, proceed with mission. You will be receiving cover fire from Delta 1.” On another line of the radio, I heard Jacob yell in excitement. “Forget Bows and Arrows John, I’ll be covering your back with an 80 Caliber Sniper Rifle!” I smiled, “Roger Command, Out.” I ran outside the building and took a left. No monsters here, but if there was monsters, I would take them out. I kept a steady jog along the side of the building. I had the hard task, Jacob was probably hiding up somewhere in a skyscraper with a ghille suit on, while I was down risking my life to save the world, of course, that’s the life of a demigod, save the world. When I got to the end I saw the plaza, it was 4 blocks from my position. It wasn’t that hard to miss since it was one of the tallest and biggest buildings. I looked both ways and took a sprint to the next building. My radio tuned in, “Hey John, it’s Jacob, you might want to get to cover, I see an enemy drop ship inbound.” “Thanks Jacob, out,” I looked up in the sky, I didn’t see any drop ship, but if he saw it, I should probably do what he says. I ran into a garage station across the street and hid behind the counter inside. I saw the drop ship land, and about 5 enemies got out. “Dangit,” I muttered. “I tuned into Command, “Command, a drop ship has landed outside my position, permission to engage.” “Roger, permission granted Bravo 1.” I cocked my gun, “You ready Jacob?” I asked him. “Yep, let’s light them up.”

Jacob managed to take the first shot. It sounded like a bomb went off when it hit him, he flew backwards like 5 feet lay dead on the sideway. The monsters started looking for their attacker. “OPEN FIRE!!!” I yelled but I don’t know why I did. I pulled the trigger and laid an array of bullets on them. The first 2 disintegrated, but the other 2 had body armor. They fired back, I managed to duck and hide. I reloaded my gun, and heard Jacob fire another bullet, of course hitting a target. I went up again and shot the other monster in the head; he was knocked back and fell on the ground, then disintegrated. Jacob tuned in to me, “Good job dude.” “Good job to you to, out.” I didn’t really feel like tuning in with Command, they’d tell me to continue with my mission, which I’d do anyway. I ran outside and sprint across the road. Roads aren’t really good, we’ve had a lot of our trainees die because they didn’t sprint across the road and no, it’s not about cars, it’s about monsters. I followed the side of the building and took a left. Now I only had about 3 blocks left. I continued along the side of this, sprint across the road, and jogged over the side of the building. I looked over the side, the Plaza was dead ahead, but was it a trap. Probably was, these guys are smart, it’s always a trap. I should probably use the back entrance, but what if they want me to use it? Arrrggh!! Forget about it, that’s how smart these guys are, they boggle your mind, make you go insane about decisions. Forget about it, I didn’t see any guards so I took off sprinting towards the Plaza. I slid towards the Plaza and got along the edge. There was a hole blown in the wall, probably by accident, not all of them are smart. I looked through the hole, nobody there.

I went through the hole, and there was a guard standing in front of the entrance. Of course, I got out my knife (For those who don’t want to read this part, I understand, just skip ahead till you find the first capital words). I went up the guard, and slit his throat, blood poured down his front. Then I went and stabbed him in the back. He coughed, which I didn’t think monsters could do, and fell down. He disintegrated. I PUT AWAY MY KNIFE. I stealthy walked over the stairs and looked up them. No guard, when I got to the top, I looked under the railing. I saw a couple of monsters talking, but I couldn’t shoot them or else I’d alert the rest of them. “I know what to do,” I said to myself. I grabbed my silencer from my secret pocket and stuck it on my gun. Luckily, these silencers have been modified and make very little sound. I took aimed and fired at both at them. They both dropped dead and disintegrated. I moved in, there were 2 doors and stairs. “Hmm, Breach and Clear,” I laughed. I got ready to breach when suddenly, the floor exploded beneath me. “No!” was all I was able to say before I blacked out.

Next chapter June 9
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2011, 11:46 am

Again,

Kendall wrote:Here's a major tip that will help you: Start a new paragraph when new people talk.

Your sentences also seem sort of short. Add more words, detail, to them. That's all I can tell you now; the block of text hurts my eyes.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/5/2011, 11:50 am

What do you mean by the block of text hurting your eyes?
    Kat The Reject
    Kat The Reject
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 7897
    Registration date : 2011-04-14

Post by Kat The Reject 6/5/2011, 12:45 pm

Interesting idea.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/5/2011, 2:19 pm

Block of text= oversized paragraph. For example, a paragraph waayyyy over 25 sentences long.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/5/2011, 4:05 pm

Oh, ok. I'll try to fix that next time.
    I<3MyBrit
    I<3MyBrit
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3956
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by I<3MyBrit 6/5/2011, 4:06 pm

I like the idea, and I agree with Kendall. Other then that, its really good!
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/9/2011, 9:02 am

Chapter 3
    Captured

I woke up in a chair, hands tied to the chair and feet stuck to the ground. A few monsters were talking on some sort of communication device. A few OTHER monsters walked in, 2 of them were snake women, unfortunately, we never got to learn the names of the monsters. We all thought the old monsters were extinct, apparently, they aren’t. They walked up to me.

“Hello Jonathon, It’s about time you got here, took you a while.” I looked confused; did they know I was coming to the Plaza? How did they know about the plan? Do they know where the base is? So many questions to be answered, except I was the questioner, they were, and they would ask me the exact same question. One of the high-tech monsters turned and talked to the snake women. They walked out and he turned back to me.

“So let’s start out with Introductions, shall we? My name is Kaalzor; I’m a Slikty, a type of high-tech monster with extreme intelligence, as you can tell.” He smiled, “and you are Jonathon, son of Ares, the Brave, the Bold, the Foolish.” I clenched my fists, which was hard with my hands tied. “Now that’s over, let’s start with the questionnaire. So eh boy, where is your So-called base? Or are you all a bunch of nomads living on the streets?” I didn’t answer, best not to answer then actually give them a sort of answer/lie. “Not going to talk eh? Now, what’s happens friends are brought into this questionnaire?”
    The snake women appeared once he said that.

They had Teresa, she was knocked out, and she didn’t look too good. I looked horrified considering Teresa was a pretty tough girl. “What did you do to her?!” He chuckled, “We only interrogated her, except she didn’t respond like you, so we beat her. Unfortunately, she was smart not to give the location of your base, Smart, but stupid.” He turned to me, “You will talk or you’ll end up like her.” He walked into another room. In a second, he walked out with a bat/stick that was pretty big compared to a regular baseball bat. He grinned at it, “Used purposely for this reason, now will you talk or not?”

I nodded, even though I was lying. ‘I’ll give them fake information’ I thought. “Very well,” he said. “Let’s begin, how many people are with you?” “12,” which was a total lie, considering we had like 30 people. “Mhmm, how high-tech is your equipment?” “Not really High tech, it’s from 2013,” which was a lie also. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Teresa shuffle a bit, but I don’t think they noticed. “Last question, where is your base?” I stalled for a second to come up with a location. “10 blocks from the Plaza, there’s an underground tunnel in the back of the Comfy Cushions Mattress store.” He turned and nodded at his friends. They got some guns off the wall and they walked out. He turned back to me, “You are a fool to give me this information, but I guess you didn’t want to be beaten, too bad.” He took the bat and swung it, hitting me in the chest. It knocked the air out of me and I was dazed for a minute. He grabbed some sort of electronic laser gun and walked out. All that was left in here with me and Teresa were the snake women.

They turned and talked to each other in a different language. I turned to Teresa, her eyes suddenly opened. ‘Good timing,’ I thought. She looked at me, head still down. “Shhh,” I whispered, the snake women didn’t seem to notice. “Commence plan 2 of captured assistance.” She nodded and we started trying to rub the knots against the chair, hoping it would do something, like unloosen the knot just a little. We learned different techniques we could use just incase we were captured. I felt my knot loosen a little, I then tried my fingers to undo the knot, it was working. Finally, after 1 minute, I was finally able to unknot it. I kept my hands behind my back though. I looked at Teresa and nodded, she nodded two. “I got the one on the left, 3…..2……1………GO.”

We quickly got up and ran over to them. Luckily, they had there backs to us, and had guns. I put him in a choke hold and with the other hand, grabbed the gun, and smacked him in the face. He/she fell down to the ground, and with the butt of the gun, smashed his face in. Teresa finished off the other guy, and we looked around. There were radios, laser guns, c4 explosives, TV’s, and other weird equipment. We didn’t touch anything though, because we knew it would be rigged with sirens that would alert everybody on the ship. I reached into my pocket to see if my silencer was there, it was. Teresa pulled hers out too; guess they weren’t that smart after all. We equipped the silencers onto the guns and checked our gear and ammo. It had about 60 bullets per gun, but we could probably share. These guns they had were not high-tech at all. I had a G36C and Teresa had a F2000 with a dot sight, she was lucky. The door in front was a double door with no window; probably so we can’t see through, probably full of enemies. I looked at her, “You ready?” “Heck yea!” ‘Breach and Clear, Part 2.’ I thought. We backed up and busted through the door.

Next chapter June 13.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/10/2011, 3:00 pm

Again, start a new paragraph when new people talk. It makes more sense, especially if your commas and periods can be off.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/14/2011, 8:20 am

HEY GUYS, sorry I wasn't able to post the next chapter yesterday because I got an Ipod touch! So mainily I've been playing on it. Anyway, back on topic, Next chapter.

Chapter 4
    Payback

The door went flying off its hinges, guess that’s what happens when 2 Ares kids meets door. All the monsters turned around in surprise, though they didn’t get a chance. We opened fire on every single monster there. They all disintegrated, cleared the room in less than 3 seconds.

“I think that’s a new record,” I told her.

She smiled, “Yea, I think so too.”

The room was more of a command room, there were computer screens everywhere, keyboards, radios, consoles, and other high-tech communication devices,

“Let’s destroy it all.”

I walked over to a console and destroyed it all. I shot every computer, every TV, every radio. Teresa did the same thing. I reloaded; I only had about 15 bullets left. We walked into another room, nobody was in it. The good thing was, it was an armory. We looked around in awe, guns, grenades, rockets, C4, laser guns, knives, laser designators, weapon attachments.

“Take as much as you can,” Teresa said. I agreed, we knew it wouldn’t be rigged because the other monsters probably took guns from this wall. I spotted my VS-11 on the wall and grabbed it. Teresa spotted hers and she grabbed it too. I threw down the gun and grabbed a laser gun. I stuffed some grenades, knives, and weapon attachments and stuffed them in my pocket. Last, I grabbed 4 sticks of C4 and stuffed them in my secret pocket.

“I’m going to go throw these around,” I told her.

“Yea,” she grabbed some too. I walked into the Command room and threw 2 down. I walked back to the armory

“You ready?” She nodded. We breached the next door, it was a hospital, and injured monsters were lying on some beds. Some nurses were there helping them. We shot the doctors/nurses first.

“Do you want to kill them?” Teresa asked.

“Not now,” I said. I got out the C4 and grinned. She grinned too and I put a stick on C4 under a bed, she did too. We walked into the next room. It was the deployment room. A nurse was their putting on a parachute.

“PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!” I yelled at her. She turned around in horror, but quickly dived out the ship. If she got back to the other monsters, she could tell them what has happened. Luckily, she deployed her parachute a little too early. We ran to the edge and shot down. It put a few holes in her parachute and she went flailing to the ground 100 meters below. We both grabbed a parachute, and I stuck my last stick of C4 on the wall. I brought out the trigger. “On the count of 3, 1… 2…. 3!”

We jumped out of the ship. Once we were about 50 meters to the ground, I deployed my parachute, and so did Teresa. We floated down to the ground and landed on the sidewalk. We turned around to look at the ship and I pulled the trigger. There was a deafening explosion and flames shot out of the ship. It started losing altitude, heading right towards us.

“S**T! RUN!!!” We started sprinting as fast as we could. After about 7 seconds of sprinting. We heard an explosion behind us, probably the ship hitting the skyscraper we were beside. We heard the skyscraper let out a loud groan and we heard it start falling.

QUICK, INTO THAT BANK!!!” We sprinted into the bank, opposite the side of the road the skyscraper was on, and Dolphin Dived through the entrance. We heard a HUGE crash behind us and it rippled through the ground, shaking our bones. We got up and turned around; the skyscraper totally would have crushed us if we didn’t run in here. It was collapsed on the ground, now the smoke started spreading.

“Quick, close the door!” Teresa said. I ran up to the door and closed it, just in time. The smoke barreled against the door and spread throughout the city. “Well, at least were not dead,” Teresa said confidently. I laughed, but the laugh died quick.

“Maybe there’s some money in this bank.” We started looking around the bank, under counters, in safes, upstairs, under couch cushions, none.

“Great, you still got that C4? We need a way out since there’s only one way out, and THAT’S blocked by the building.”

“Yea, I got 2 left.” We ran downstairs and placed it on the opposite wall, then ran upstairs. She pulled out the trigger,

“Clear!” then she blew it. We ran back downstairs, perfect escape plan. Luckily, the smoke didn’t come the other road parallel to it, it only stayed on that road. We jumped out of the bank and along the sidewalk.

“Great, how will we get back now?” I asked.

“I don’t know, we will have to figure it out.”

“Yea, I guess.” We started a steady jog down the sidewalk. We figured if we kept jogging, we’d run into a place we know, except we didn’t, this was a whole different part of the city.

“Great, were lost.”

“Yea,” Teresa said. “Let’s just keep going, don’t worry, we’ll find it.”

‘I just hope everyone is all right,’ I thought. Then, I remembered about Jacob, are they out looking for us? Or are they back at base? I didn’t know at this moment. Maybe we’ll figure it out later, if we ever get home.

Next chapter June 18
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/18/2011, 8:29 pm

Hey guys, sorry about posting this chapter so late. I've been gone almost all day and had no time to post it. Anyway, sorry about that. Chapter 5, here it is.

Chapter 5
    Carl’s Computers

We walked aimlessly through the streets, hoping to see something, or someone, instead, we saw nobody at all. Rubble piled the streets with buildings collapsed, windows broken, cars turned upside down, nobody was left. If there was somebody left, they were probably hiding in some underground bunker under there house. Won’t survive long though, they’ll probably either run out of food or the monsters will find them. We came to a 4-way intersection.

“Left, Straight, or Right?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “Right I guess.” We took a right and walked across the road. We walked over a traffic light that collapsed; they really tore this city apart. We walked over to a Burger King.

“Let’s see if there’s food inside.” Teresa insisted.

“Sure, why not.” We walked in, only to find more of a mess. We hopped behind the counter, grills, smoothie machines, and fryers. I grabbed a cup and walked over to the smoothie machine. I pulled down on the lever, nothing came out.

“Check the refill station,” I told Teresa. She walked over there and pulled down on the Water lever, nothing came out. “Great,” I said, “Nothing.” We walked out, disappointed. I continued down the block.

After about 5 minutes of walking, we thought we heard some talking in the building beside us, speaking English. We hit the ground, and crawled to the broken windows, we looked inside, nothing, like always.

“Shhh,” Teresa said, “I’m going in.” She silently opened the door, crouching, and walked in. Luckily, there was no bell at the top of the door. I observed the building; it was a computer story, 1 story tall. ‘Carl’s Computers,’ the sign said, even though it looked like a Best buy. I followed behind her.

We ran and hid behind a wall. We looked around, nothing. We continued around the wall, walking through the middle of the store. I looked around and followed her. Lights were flickering on and off above us, making it barely light enough to see. It was eerie quiet in here, too quiet. We brought out our guns, just incase.

We quickly looked around a corner, nothing. We kept walking down towards the end of the store. We quickly looked around another corner, nothing. The tension in the air was growing heavy. We kept walking, trying to make as little noise as possible. ‘A few more corners, then we’ll be done,’ I thought.

We quickly turned another corner, a man in a dark suit jumped out at Teresa. He tackled her and he brought out his knife. I threw my gun down, tackled him, and threw his knife across the floor. I punched him in the face, but he kicked me back. Teresa ran at him. She did an uppercut; he dodged, and dropkicked her. He then kicked her back into a wall where she hit her head against a shelf. She fell to the ground, and he ran over to her, only to be greeted by me. I grabbed him by the hair, and threw him across the room. He slammed into a computer, smashing the screen. I kicked him in the ribs, grabbed him and threw him into a wall with shelves on it. The wall shook and multiple objects fell down on top of him, covering him.

I ran back over to Teresa. She was bleeding, not that bad luckily. I helped her up.

“Thanks,” she said.

“No problem, you need anything for the bleeding?”

“Nah, I’m good.”

“Ok.” We walked over to the man piled under keyboards, computers, and video games. We uncovered him. Luckily, he was unconscious, so he wouldn’t be attacking us for a short amount of time. We studied him, short, brown hair, plaid shirt with shorts. ‘Mortal?’ I thought. ‘Probably not, everybody was probably dead.’ We checked his pockets; he had a knife, a few scraps of food, and a compass.

“Should we wait for him to get back conscious?” Teresa asked.

“Yea, find out who he is.” She nodded, we checked out his head wound. Some how, he wasn’t bleeding at all, just a bump on his head. We carried him over to a lighter area, near the broken window, and set him down there. Then, we waited, and waited, and waited. He yawned and stretched his arms. I looked at Teresa. We had a silent conversation.

‘Ready?’

‘Yea.’

He eyes opened, suddenly alert. He saw us then stood up, ready to attack. I spoke first. “Whoa, whoa, whoa! We are not your enemies here, we are your friends.”

“No, you are monsters in disguise! I know it!

I figured he was a demigod once he said the word monster. “No, we are your friends. My name is Jonathon, and my friend here is Teresa. What is your name?” He hesitated a few seconds, as if thinking.

“My name is Larry, son of Hermes.”

Next chapter June 21

OOC: Oh guys, I'm going to be gone next week, heading on vacation. Don't worry though, I'll bring my computer with me though. Just expect chapters a little late, probably won't happen though. Just informing you just incase is does happen. Ok, just wanted to tell you that. Bye.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/21/2011, 11:30 am

Chapter 6
    Larry’s Past

He told us about his past, how he got here. We knew he was a demigod, he told us that. He said he was an old member of Camp Half-blood. He left camp when the monsters came, ran into the forest with a few of his friends, they escaped through there. Somehow they made it to the outside world alive. Then they started living/hiding in New York City. Mortals in hiding were left to be found and killed by monsters, and more of the city was consumed by monster patrols. The monsters searched everywhere, forcing them to keep running.

They ran from state to state as the monsters took over states to the South and West. They moved down South, taking everything they could find. As they moved to each state, they came closer to capture. Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and they stopped at North Carolina. North Carolina is where they fought at their last stand, or so they though. Both his friends died, except him. Wanting revenge, he moved back up to New York City, where the capital of the monsters is, Mount Olympus.

As far as we know right now, Mount Olympus is very weak and could crumble any second. The gods grow weaker as thousands of monsters battle the gods. The monsters have even gone as far as to release the titans themselves. Now, as the epic battles of Monsters and Titans vs. Gods play out, we don’t have much time. Luckily, the Titans have no guns; they go by the old ways. So we will take them down much easier then we have before. Now the monsters on the other hand, will be much harder. We are outnumbered about 1000:1. There is almost no way we can win. The other countries/continents aren’t going to be able to help us also. They also have their own ‘Revolutionary War’ going on.

Anyway, back to the story. Larry then wanted revenge for the death of his friends. He made his way back up to New York, killing all monsters on sight, not carrying about the consequences. He made all the way to New York where he set up an outpost. He got back around 2017, living here ever since. He’s also been observing us, watching us fight monsters and take on missions. He also saw us take down that spaceship. “Pretty impressive,” he said.

Anyway, what’s important is we found a new ally, somebody to bring back to base. The only hard thing is getting back to base, so we explained to him we don’t know a way back.

“Don’t worry; I know this city in and out. I even know where your base is.” I frowned, if he knew, could it possible that monsters knew too? Probably not, they would have attacked already if they did know. We got up. “Well, pretty rough past you have there Larry.” I told him.

“Yeah,” Teresa agreed. “Lucky for us we found the other guys, you can meet them when we get back.”

“Good, I want to train and finally be able to have a home.” We smiled; it felt good to rescue people. We started out the door, “You know where you’re going, right?” I asked him.

“Yep, easy peasy,” we took a left out of ‘Carl’s Computers,’ walked down the street and crossed to the next avenue. Already, we were making some progress.

Next Chapter June 26/25, going on vacation, want to relax.

OOC: Feedback is appreciated since it helps make the story better. Plus, I haven't gotten feedback the last 2 chapters so I suspect my chapters are fine so I leave them that way. If something is wrong, tell me, I'll fix it.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/25/2011, 9:20 am

All right guys, while I've been gone, I managed to write Chapters 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17. Yeah, that's a lot. So guess what that means... Faster chapters!! :D Anyway story time, kinda long chapter, so yeah. Be happy.

Chapter 7
    The way back home

I noticed that Larry didn’t have a gun. “Hey Larry, did you have a gun?”

“I did, but I lost it, I was busy looting some snacks when it just disappeared. Don’t know what happened to it.” I brought out my G36C and gave it to him. He looked surprised, “Here you go kid, make it count, only about 10 shots left.”

He looked at me with thankfulness. “Thanks man.

“Now, by repaying us, you can lead us home.” I told him. He looked at me and nodded. We continued walking down the road, taking lefts and rights occasionally. We were having some pretty good luck, no monsters so far. We took a right on the next turn and headed down that road a few blocks, then took another left. We walked in silence. Teresa tried to spark up a conversation a few times, but it died pretty quickly, except this one conversation.

“So, uh, Larry, how have you known about us?” Teresa asked.

“Like I told you, I had a few friends back in the days; we roamed around, looking for shelter, spying on monsters. We encountered a few monsters, they had guns, and we had swords. We had to use stealth to take them out, and it worked too, but these were the dumb, old monsters. The smart monsters haven’t come out of their ‘hive’ yet.

“Yeah, so where did you find the find necessary for survival..? because me and Jonathon here roamed the streets and couldn’t find any food.”

“You’ve got to know New York well to find it. I knew all the big restaurants would have no food left. So you got to search those lower restaurants, the not-so-great restaurants. I won’t name any because that will offend them, even if the owners are dead,” he said. We kept walking, taking a left onto the next road, where we crossed into a familiar looking side of town.

“Hey, I recognize this place.” I spoke up.

“Me too,” Teresa agreed.

“Yes, this is the side of town closest to Camp Half-Blood, they must have taken you to the farthest side of town.

“Cheap,” I said.

Larry laughed. “They’re doing the smartest thing they can think of, pretty smart if ask me, leave you to die on the streets.”

“You think that’s funny?” Teresa said getting in Larry’s face.

Larry made a face, “No, I just said they were attempting to be, ju- just never mind.” He shook his head. “One attempt at a good joke, and I get rejected, thanks.”

“You should be thanking me if you’re laughing at my death.” Teresa noted.

“Fine, sorry, I just haven’t had a good laugh in a long time, all serious, all hide and kill monsters, no good ole times like back at camp. Pulling pranks on campers, stealing stuff, from the store and campers, and capture the flag, that was fun.

I nodded, “Yeah, those were the good old days, but now, if you fool around, you’re dead. So we joined this resistance group. Kind of like Terminator, you ever seen that movie.

“Yeah, I’ve seen it once, it was okay.”

We turned a street and I saw the base straight ahead. It was disguised as a Laundromat store, but really, in the back of the store, under a few loose boards, was a secret stairway down to our base, a huge place carrying at least 100 demigods.

“Let’s do this fast.” I said. We sprinted over to the Laundromat, about 150 meters away, sprinting full speed. I got there in about 25 seconds, Teresa got 27 seconds, and Larry got first with 18 seconds.

I wheezed like an old man. “Dang Larry, how are you so fast?!”

“You get that when you’re Hermes, need a quick getaway? Easy, you’re a son of Hermes, god of Messengers, you got to be fast. I also train on the streets, got to have a fast getaway from monsters.

I coughed, “Yeah, whatever, let’s just head in.” I opened the door. ‘Ding, ding,’ the little silver bells at the top of the door rang. I looked at Teresa with horror, as we just remembered.

“GET DOWN!” Teresa yelled. We got down as fast as we could as machine gun turrets popped up and sprayed everything from the waist up, you were only safe lying on the ground, of course monsters didn’t now this.

“Wow, you guys sure know how to build a security system.”

“Like I said, no time to fool around,” I said. We went to the back of the store, pulled up the floor boards, and walked down the stairs.

“Don’t worry, we’re not going to Hades,” I told him. We went down 10 stairs and found an Iron door. We knocked on the door, a slot of the door opened, and eyes appeared here. His eyes widened when he saw us, and opened the door. “Jonathon!!! Teresa!!! Welcome back guys!!” He gave me and Teresa a high five and then turned towards Larry. He studied him, “Who’s this?” he asked.

“This is Larry,” I responded. “He’s the reason we got here.” He studied him some more, then smiled.

“What’s up Larry?” He held out his hand for a high-five. Larry studied him for a second, then high-fived him back. “All right!” he said. “So, let’s get down to the crew and tell them you’re here.” We walked to a second door and opened it. Inside were our old friends, turning around to see who came in.

Next chapter June 27
    Crazy
    Crazy
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5403
    Registration date : 2011-04-16

Post by Crazy 6/25/2011, 12:16 pm

Wow that was a great story!
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/27/2011, 8:09 am

Thanks, this story is probably my most successful out of some other stories that I have been writing. Probably won't put those stories on here, they're kinda bad.

Chapter 8
    Back at base with New Weapons

Our friends were shocked to see, thought we were dead, they told us. They patted us on the back, giving us motivating words, except the people with the higher ranks weren’t like that. They basically interrogated us, it reminded me a little too much of the monsters interrogation, but it didn’t matter, I was helping our side. They asked us where they took us, what they asked, what they did, and where we were.

We told them everything, the capture, the interrogation, the escape, getting lost, finding Larry, his story, and getting home. They took it all in. “This will help us a lot,” The lead Commander said. “Now, we know the battle plans, it was smart of you to lead them to a fake place, but they’re smarter than that. They probably know it’s fake and looking for us right now. We need to be on alert. They might have had people spying on you. If they do, they know where we are. That’s not good.”

“But, we still made it home, so you got us AND Larry, and 3fer1 combo.

He smiled, “Yes, we got you back and a new ally, we are currently asking Larry some questions in the other room, but soon, we will have Larry into the battle. But right now, I think somebody outside wants to see you right now. I walked outside the door to see Jacob, my old buddy, standing there.

“Jonathon!” He gave me a high-five.

“Yo, waz up?” I asked him.

“I should be asking YOU that question man, where you been?!”

“Long story, we got captured, escaped, lost, and with the help of somebody else, made our way back here.”

“Cool, we were all freaked out man! We thought you were dead! We called command, we called our spies, we called everyone! Nobody knew where you were.

“They took us to the other side of town; WE didn’t know where we were!” I told him.

He chuckled, “Yeah, the other side of town can be confusing some times, I’ve been there a few times and even I still haven’t memorized it.”

“So, what you’ve been up to Jacob?” I asked him.

“Training, trying to make new snipers, reconnaissance missions, nothing new. You’ve got to see this new sniper we made. It’s even better than the 80 Caliber. We also made some new guns for you too. Well, not new, just improvements. Come on, come check them out.”

We ran down the metal hallway, and took a left. A few doors on the left and right of us, ‘Dorms,’ I thought. We took a right down that hallway, leading to double doors straight ahead. ‘Lunchroom,’ I thought. We took a left and came to the weapons door, first left. He held up a finger, and knocked on the door. A man opened the door, Sam, the Hephaestus kid we met the first day down here.

His beard had gotten more shaggy, clothes a little shaggy too. Torn sleeves, holes in jeans, hair not combed, he looked good. “Hey Jonathon, good to have you back.” He said.

“Good to see you Sam.” He turned around then quickly turned back around. “Oh, you guys want to see the new equipment?”

“Yeah Sam, I thought I could show Jonathon.”

“Oh, well that would be fine. Come over here, I’ll show you.” He motioned me over and me and Jacob walked over to a table. “First, I’ll show you the sniper.” He walked into a door, the armory, and walked out with this amazing sniper. He set it down on the table. He brought out a bullet. “It’s a 37x by 79 bullet, very large, very long. 100% chance of killing a target, even if you shoot its foot. Very expensive bullets, very valuable, so we will only use it on special occasions.

Now the scope,” he pointed out. “The scope has a 24 different Zooms, capable of zooming up to 24 miles. 24 zooms, 24 Miles, makes sense right?” We nodded. “Each zoom gives it more accuracy, so on the 24th zoom, it has the accuracy of a hawk, the only thing to watch out for is gravity, but Jacob knows all about it, don’t you?”

“Yep, all about drop, distance, altitude, wind speed, and bullet speed.”

He nodded, “Good, we can’t test this out a lot though, we don’t have a lot of bullets to spare. We might be able to test out 2 or 3 times, but the rest of bullets have Monsters names on them.” He nodded. “So, let’s bring out the other weapons.” He walked back through the door. Me and Jacob looked at each other, he looked excited.

He came out with another weapon; I think it’s a shotgun. He set it down on the table. “PAT-24, made it a month ago, right when you went missing. Everybody was so freaked out, they wanted to take action with this thing, but I told them it was tested. So,” he pointed at the top of the gun, “Red Dot Sight, more accuracy. The gun holds 8 bullets, semi-automatic. We made special ammo pouches that you can carry to hold ammo. Dual magazine for fast reloads, and a buckshot attachment for raw power.” He said smiling. “Cool,” I said. He picked it up and brought it back through the door. “Looks like monsters ain’t got anything on us.” I told Jacob. He laughed.

Sam brought out another weapon. He set it down on the table. “This is the MP7, improved version of the MP5, comes with a dot sight, and other attachments but we’ll say those later.” He pointed at the magazine, “30 bullets, this gun also comes with magazine pouches, 10 total, so 330 bullets total.” I nodded, all made since.
    “Now, the acceptable attachments are suppressors, grips, holographic sights, scopes, drum mags, and buttstocks, which turn it into an Assault Rifle. “Pretty sweet,” I told him.”

“Yea, we’re getting a shipment of them soon, we sent them to a factory to be mass produced. We should be receiving them in a couple days, along with the other guns. Then, we could ship them to other countries and start a weapon dealership.

I nodded, “Sounds like a good plan; it’s a win/win.”

“Yeah, I talked to the Commander about it and he said he might do it, but we’re still talking about it. He’s hooked on the idea, just no way to ship the weapons; we don’t have a way of getting the weapons to them.” He thought about something for a second, but then came out of his world. “Anyway, you guys should run along. I think Jolie wanted to see you.

I smiled, Jolie was our Target Practice overseer, and she probably wanted to congratulate me on surviving. “Ok, well see you later Sam.” He waved and we walked out the door.

Next Chapter June 29

Crazy
    Crazy
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5403
    Registration date : 2011-04-16

Post by Crazy 6/27/2011, 4:54 pm

No atchually they are realy good.
    Kat The Reject
    Kat The Reject
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 7897
    Registration date : 2011-04-14

Post by Kat The Reject 6/27/2011, 5:07 pm

Cwool.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/27/2011, 8:18 pm

to kflooc//: Im talking about some OTHER stories that I wrote about a year ago. They are really bad compared to this story, trust me.

to Kittycatjam25: thanks for the feedback.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 6/29/2011, 8:17 am

Chapter 9
    Jolie the TGP Overseer

“You still remember where everything is?” Jacob asked me.

“Yeah, how could I have forgotten?” I said taking a left to the next hall.

“Well, I don’t know, just you probably had a lot to focus on the past month while you were gone.”

“Nah, I still remember it. It’s like forgetting where everything was in your school over summer break. After seeing for a long time, it gets burnt into your brain.”

“Yea, I know what you mean, sort of.” We took a right onto the next hall.

“So, what has base been doing while I was gone?” I asked him.

“We thought you were a goner man, abducted by monsters, never to be seen again. We sent out missions to find you, all came up blank. But, something popped up that gave us a lead that you were still alive.”

“What was that?” I asked him.

“That was a huge skyscraper falling over and leaving a huge dust cloud, it stretched all the way over here, but it was just speckles of dust, the real action happened way over here. So, we checked it out and found the crashed spaceship and the destroyed building, we thought it could be other demigods or you and Teresa.”

“Well, you were right, it was us. What you thought we were dead?”

“I refused to believe it, I knew you were stronger then to just give up, but base of command said you’re good as dead.”

“They we’re wrong then,” I said taking a left then stopping on the second right. “Here it is, Target Practice. You ready?”

“Yep,” Jacob said as we walked in. The target practice field was about the size of a movie theater. The people in the back, and the targets in the front. The overseer would be up top in the balcony observing everybody’s aim, and of course, there was bulletproof, tinted windows, just incase. We walked along a little tunnel to the side that heads up to where people talk to the overseer. We head up some stairs and took a left to where Jolie was standing, observing everybody. She saw us out of the corner of her eye, she smiled.

“Hello Jonathon, long time no see, how did you do out there on the front lines by yourself?”

“I didn’t go by myself, I went with Teresa.”

“Oh, I forgot about her, yes, where is she?”

“I don’t know where she went, ran off by herself, maybe to talk to her other Ares friends.”

“Maybe, but I didn’t bring you here to chatter, I brought you here to practice. You survived for a reason, and that reason is you aiming, I want to see how much you have improved, and to do that you need a gun, hold on. She walked into a room opposite the stairway. She came out with a copy of my VS-11. These things are mass-produced so there are many of them, it’s just this is the standard Battle Rifle we carry. She gave it to me. “Go down and shoot a few targets, we’ll see how good your accuracy is.”

“Yes ma’am,” I said.

“Jacob, grab a sniper, I want you to head up for Wind Conditioning.”

“Awww, I hate Wind Conditioning,” he said. He walked over and picked up a sniper. He waved at me, and started climbing stairs to the surface.

Jolie turned towards me. “Now, you go down and let’s start.”

Next Chapter July 1

OOC: BTW, The next few chapters are going to be epic. Just saying, not gonna give anything away, you've got to read it yourself.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/1/2011, 9:53 am

Chapter 10
    Target Practice

If you think Target Practice is just standing in one position and shooting stationary targets, you’re dead wrong. Target Practice is like laser tag, except better. You’re with a group and you’ve got to eliminate other digital monsters, except you’re competing for ‘Who has the most headshots,’ or ‘Who got the most kills?’ If you get shot/killed by a digital monster, it sends a little vibration through you’re body letting you know you’re dead, and you got to head back to base to respawn.

There are 2 types of Target Practice, Elimination and Survival. I’ll explain Survival later if Jolie decides to play it, because the Overseer chooses what to play by Voice command, it auto recognizes her voice so no one else can start a game, only her, which is kind of cool. Anyway, back to the game.

A computerized voice came up and said, “Loading Elimination.” A closed-in arena popped up out of the ground. We we’re behind a wall so we didn’t fall through the floor when the floor opened up. The arena popped up, a huge arena the size of a football field, 2 stories high. Imagine a laser tag arena in your head, except 8 times larger with better obstacles. These guns didn’t fire actual bullets of course; they were loaded with realistic sounds that shot invisible lasers. The door opened automatically and we loaded out. It was 6 humans and 6 monsters. First one to 30 kills wins. A computerized voice spoke up, “Let the games begin.”

I took off sprinting to the left and ran up onto a platform. No monsters spotted yet. I checked my ammo, 200 bullets. If you ran out of ammo, you had to run back to base and resupply. I checked around the corner, no monsters. I quickly ran around the corner and slid to a wall. It was dark in the arena, not very lit. The monsters weren’t glowing or anything, they had normal skin color. I looked over the wall; I had a monster heading my way. I jumped around the corner and fired the gun. The monster fell over and disappeared, probably back at base respawning. I went down a ramp, down to the first floor. I spotted another monster and shot him dead. I heard more gunfire and heard somebody yell in frustration; probably the monster saw him first. I chuckled then kept walking on.

I slid to the next wall/object. I overheard some enemies on the other side and I thought I’d check it out. I looked over, 4 enemies! I hit the jackpot. I heard some movement over towards my right; I looked over, another friendly. We nodded at each other. He held up his hand, 3…2...1…0. We popped up from behind our walls and shot the 4 monsters, they all died. “Yes!” he yelled. We gave each other a high-five. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he was shot in the back. He fell on the ground. I looked behind him, an enemy. I quickly dove and rolled away.

I started sprinting away, gun with me. I didn’t dare look behind me, only sprinted. I slid behind a wall, jumped up, grabbed a hold of a platform, and forced myself up. I lied down, tired. I heard monster footsteps below me. They would find me if I stay here, I had to move. Trying to make as less noise as possible, I got up and started crouch-walking. Crouch-walking makes less noise than walking, good for stealth, too bad these weapons didn’t have silencers. I looked up at the wall where the scoreboard was. Our team and 10 kills and their team had 3 kills, we were totally winning.

The game got boring for the next 2 minutes. Their team started catching up as we got anxious and roamed out into the open looking for them. I stuck to the shadows, only killing 2 monsters. The score was 15-10, fortunately we were winning, and I had about 6 of those kills. I kept walking, heading for their side, where they respawn. If I could get in there, I could spawn-trap them. If you don’t know what spawn-trap is, it’s where you repeatedly kill someone/something every time they spawn. It only works if you’re good enough, and the spawns are bad enough.

I kept walking until I saw their spawn straight ahead, 50 feet. Suddenly, a monster appeared right there, I ducked behind a wall, he didn’t see me. I heard his footsteps coming towards me. When he walked past me, I hit him with the butt of the gun, knocking him down. I shot him and he disappeared. I ran over to their spawn, he appeared there in 2 seconds. I shot him again. He spawned again in about 5 seconds; I kept shooting him, over and over, every time he spawned. Hey, I know it’s cheap, but it works.

Finally, after about 9 kills, the entire room flashed blue. A computerized voice said,

“Humans win, 30 to 19. The most kills award goes to Jonathon with 16 kills! The least death award goes to Jonathon with 0 deaths! The highest kill/death ratio award goes to Jonathon! The longest life award goes to Jonathon! Everyone report back to spawn for instructions from Target Practice Overseer.” I ran back to spawn, where I was greeted by my teammates. We got back behind the wall, waiting for the next map to load. Jolie’s voice came on, “Congrats to everyone, especially Jonathon for winning all those awards. But, let’s see how good you do in Survival.”

Next chapter July 4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content