A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Kendall
wiseowl411
Stuart35
7 posters

The Survivors

Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male
    Number of posts : 1852
    Registration date : 2010-01-12

The Survivors - Page 2 Empty Re: The Survivors

Post by Stuart35 7/4/2011, 11:10 am

Okay guys, really long chapter. You guys up for it? Here it is. Plus, I know the main character might be Overpowered, but it doesn't matter. Percy Jackson was overpowered, so yeah.

Chapter 11
    Survival

We all gave each other nervous looks, Survival, the toughest game play. We didn’t like it, it was hard. Survival rules are simple. Endless rounds of monsters are thrown at you, and you see how you can survive. Once you ‘die,’ you’re out, no respawning. You head back behind the wall and cheer on your teammates. The good thing is you have unlimited ammo, but, it’s just so intense; it’s you versus LOTS of monsters. Jolie’s voice came on, “Load Survival game.” The floor opened up and out came a smaller map, on our side was a 3 story bunker where we could hide in, and wait it out, and on the monsters side was thousands of spawn points, for thousands of monsters. A computerized voice came on, “Let the games begin.”

I rushed up into the bunker, heading to the second floor. I don’t know what the other 5 people did, I was worrying about myself. I got on a minigun looking over where the monsters came on the second floor. This minigun had unlimited ‘ammo,’ which was good for ‘Spraying and Praying.’ Fog had settled in, making it look spooky, giving the monsters an edge. A horn blew and monsters came running out from the fog.

I pulled the trigger of the minigun. Monsters met their doom as it rained ‘bullets’ down on them. I heard a minigun above me too and gunfire below me. We kept firing until no more monsters remained. A computerized voice came on, “2,” it said. We waited for a few seconds, waiting for the monsters. Another conch horn blew, unleashing more monsters out of the fog. I pulled the trigger, unleashing more havoc. Monsters shot back at us, good thing the minigun was surrounded with bullet-proof windows. I kept holding the trigger until all monsters died. I smiled, ‘This is easy, right now.’

This continued on for another 7 rounds, minigun havoc. A teammate ‘died’ on the first floor, and I had to rush down there to push them back, so there was 5 of us left. On round 10 was when it started to get hard. There were lots of monsters, they got better weapons, grenades, attachments, dual wields. A teammate on the 3rd floor ‘died’ leaving 4 of us. On round 12, a boss monster came out. He was big and had laser eyes that could shoot through the bullet-proof glass, and he did. He had weak spots that we had to shoot and we lost another teammate killing him, leaving 3 of us.

On round 15, we were starting to get tired. We each had at least a million kills, thanks to this minigun; we wouldn’t have survived as long. We kept firing, the monsters tossed grenades, and sometimes I had to duck to avoid getting shot. The tension was building up, they would soon flood us.

Round 20 was when it happened. I saw thousands of monsters coming, literally thousands. “THIS IS IT!!!” I yelled to the other 2 guys. Me and the other guy let loose on the minigun. The guy downstairs fired his gun, too bad he would go down first. These higher rounds last a LONG time. We kept firing for about 2 minutes. Suddenly, the monsters made a push, there was too many of them to hold back. The guy downstairs screamed as he was overwhelmed with monsters. I cursed and ran upstairs to the 3rd floor. The other guy was there with his gun. We guarded the stairs, he guarded the front, I guarded the back.

We heard them moving around downstairs as they searched for us. They tossed over tables, tore up the walls. Me and him gave each other looks. It’s do or die now, this was our last stand. The monsters talked to each other in another language, and started moving towards the stairs. The other guy opened fire, the monsters started coming up the stairs. They died before they got a chance to fire. He kept firing until he had to reload, he gave me a panicked look, ‘Run,’ it meant. I ran to the other room as monsters piled up the stairs, killing the other dude. It was all on me.

I grabbed the ladder and made my way up. I knew I could head off into the arena, surviving a little longer, but no. This was it, it was a long fall and I didn’t want to risk it. I heard monsters coming, they started climbing the ladder. The first monster popped his head up, only to be greeted by the butt of my gun. The monsters yelled at each other and ran to the stairs leading to the roof. I cursed, I forgot about those. A few monsters came up, I shot them. I fell back and hid behind the chimney on the roof. More monsters poured in, I shot some more. I reloaded, which wasted deadly time. More monsters came on to the roof, I was trapped. I shot the monsters on the left side, but more would be on the left side. I heard monsters behind me, on the right side. I threw down my weapon and got out my knife.

I ran around the corner and shoved the knife threw the monsters face. I kicked the next monster in the chest. He tumbled into the next few monsters. I ducked a few bullets a monster shot and threw a knife at him. I grabbed one of their guns and used it against them. I armed the grenade launcher and killed the rest of the monsters on the roof, only to be greeted by more. I threw my other knife at the first monster, killing him. I quickly reloaded the gun, and fired at the rest of the monsters, I knew the round was almost over. Except, a monster surprised me, he was quick and, before I could get him, shot me in the leg.

I fell down onto one leg. Even though it wasn’t a real bullet, the invisible laser he shot sends vibrations through my leg, making it hurt like a real bullet. When you ‘die,’ the pain goes away though. I got into a ‘Last stand’ position, crawling backwards. I got out my pistol, a Desert Eagle. A few monsters came around the corner, I shot them. I reloaded, but the monsters came to quick. They ran over to me and shot me in a million places. Vibrations ran through my body, hurting like heck, telling me I was dead. All the monsters died, and my leg stopped hurting. I stood up, and ran back down the stairs to the first floor.

I was greeted by my teammates again, telling me what an awesome Last stand that was. We survived 20 rounds, a new record for me. My old record was 18, but that doesn’t really matter right now. Jolie called us up to her place. We walked up to her place.

“Good work everyone today, especially Jonathon for the amazing performance of killing monsters and Last stand perfection. I would like to congratulate Jonathon on another thing. Jonathon, you are being promoted in the REAL army. I would like to present you the Squad Leader award Jonathon.” I looked shocked, my own squad to lead into battle.

“I-I don’t know what to say, only Thank you for this amazing chance.”

“Jonathon, you have improved a lot, you deserved it. As for the rest of you, I hope you have taken notes on Jonathon and his courage today. We need people like him, and YOU can be like him too if you work. Practice dismissed people, practice tomorrow at-,” she was cut by sirens and red flashing lights. A lady came on over the speaker phones.

“WARNING, WARNING, MONSTERS INBOUND, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, ALL SOLDIERS REPORT TO BATTLE STATIONS, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, THERE IS A MONSTER INVASION, ALL SOLDIERS REPORT TO BATTLE STATIONS!!!!”

We all looked panicked; there has never been a monster invasion before. We all looked for Jolie for instructions.

“Since this is such short notice. Jonathon will be your Squad Leader. Jonathon, are you up for it?” Jolie asked me.

“Uh, yea, sure,” I told her.

“Good, everyone report to Sector B4, that’s where Jonathon will give you instructions, all right? Soldiers, dismissed.

Next Chapter July 8
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/8/2011, 12:18 pm

Chapter 12
    Attack

We rushed down the hall with our guns we picked up in the armory, (real guns, not TGP guns). I looked at the stairs, leading to different sectors, A1, A2, A3, B4, there. I motioned the other guys, we ran up the stairs leading to a building across the street from our base. Each sector is really a building across the street; B4 is a 2-story insurance company. We crouched behind the window and looked both ways on the streets; monsters in the streets, shooting at the humans inside. I told 2 of them to go to the roof with rockets and shoot down any aircraft. I told 2 more to man the chain guns up top. I would have someone else down here on the bottom floor. I dismissed them and the plan went into action.

I told the other guy to stay here in the front as I went to the back of the building. I kicked down the door; there were a few monsters in the back of the building. I took them by surprise and killed them. Behind the building was Central Park, there was a chain gun back here too, not with unlimited ammo unfortunately. I looked out over Central Park, swarms of monsters marched through the park heading towards the base.

“All right,” I said yanking the chain on the gun, “Let’s see what we can do.”

I opened fire on monsters, catching them by surprise by the sudden threat in the window. A few monsters fired back but I easily silenced them. An attack ship flew over head, but I heard an RPG fire and an explosion. More monsters headed my way and I fired at them. I looked at my ammo supply; I had 2 more clips of 1000 bullets, plenty of ammo. More monsters kept coming, I kept mowing them down. I heard my teammate in the front firing his gun, not sure if he had a chain gun though.

Somewhere around 10 minutes of the battle, the monsters started sending Elite troopers. These monsters were the big tough guys; they had huge body armor, and were almost unstoppable, almost. My chain gun kept firing, knocking them off balance, and then killing them. I was sure I heard Jacob fire his huge sniper rifle a couple times, and DANG, did that thing make a big bang. I think once he had an explosive tip, because when he fired at a large number of monsters, there was an explosion, killing them all. I thought it was pretty cool. But, something was wrong; this was too easy, way too easy.

Around 20 minutes, I started to figure something was wrong, there were starting to be less and less monsters. They all retreated, I heard my teammates yelling in victory, but I knew better. “HEY GUYS, BE READY FOR SOMETHING, THIS ISN’T RIGHT!!” I tell you, when this happens at 10:10 at night, and the alleyway next to you is pitch black, it’s scary.

“Hey,” I called to the guy in the front of the store, “come with me,” I told him. He said “Okay,” and we walked into the alleyway together.

It was dark back here, graffiti on the wall from gangs, all dead though. We continued walking through the alley, not far though, just guarding. At some point, we started hearing bird calls, which I couldn’t believe, birds didn’t make noises anymore. Suddenly, there were more, and more, and more. I looked nervously at my other teammate, Frank, I think his name is. “Hey Frank, I think we should fall back,” I told him. He nodded and we quickly ran as fast as we could back into the building.

We slept in the building, behind a wall. It was a secret place with about 10 bunks. Each sector had one of these for lookout points; they were all on the first floor, just pull out the wall under the stairs leading up to the second floor. We slept it there till we heard gunfire at about 5:25 in the morning. We all woke up, tired but alert. I grabbed my primary, VS-11, and my secondary, the fancy PAT-24, the awesome shotgun. It was tested, and worked like a charm. I threw the PAT-24 on my back and brought out my VS-11.

We opened the wall; a few monsters manned the chain gun. I told them to be quiet. I angrily went up to that monster on the chain gun and smacked him in the back of the skull. I threw him against the wall, and smashed his head. We ran upstairs and killed the monsters there. When we went to the roof, we saw monsters teaching a class up there!! Can you believe that, there was a teacher teaching a class how to use an RPG!!!! We killed them all, ‘pests,’ I thought. ‘Get your own equipment.’ I walked down stairs to the back of the store.

I got on the minigun, and then I realized the attack was still going on. Drop ships were dropping soldiers in the dark, an ambush, I thought. I spoke to the guys on the radio, “Light them up,” I told them. I fired the minigun at the guys, making an ambush on THEM. They fired at nothing, since it was dark and they had almost nothing to shoot at. The teammate in the front had his own trouble, he had monsters trying to get into the building, he said. I kept firing until the drop ships all went away. I cheered at our victory, all monsters defeated. I told the guys grab your stuff and let’s head back to base. We grabbed our guns and equipment and we hauled down the stairs back to base, closing the planks to the stairs behind me.

Next Chapter July 12

Hey guys, I'm going on vacation again, for a while. I'm NOT sure if they'll have internet. So, if I'm not able to upload a chapter on the day, sorry, no internet. If there's no internt, I'll upload the next chapter when I get back.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/12/2011, 2:54 pm

Hey guys, right now, I'm posting this in a Kristy Kreme restaurant since the place we're at has no internet. So yeah, sorry about the short chapter,the next few chapters might be a little short too, but it's because I'm trying to build it up. So, chapter time.

Chapter 13
    The War Room

There was a huge party back in base as we celebrated a huge victory over the monsters. We had Intel that we drove the monsters out of New York! That was some major news for us, no more monsters. We had a meeting in the war room to discuss future plans for the base, and the rest of the monsters in the states.

The big leaders and squad leaders, like me, Teresa, and others met in the War room. I walked down the hall with Teresa and we chatted together. She said she had to guard Sector A2, and she said it was HARD. Lots of Drop Ships, thousands of monsters, she said they would have died without miniguns. We found the War Room and opened the door; other squad leaders were in there, sitting down. We chose a seat and sat down. The Commander came in the door. He chose the seat in front and sat down, he cleared his throat.

“As you all may know, we had a terrific victory yesterday. Good teamwork on all of our parts.” We all clapped on that. “We also managed to push the monsters out of the New York area, and out of around the border. Now monsters will probably hesitant to attack us again, as we have proven us. But, we must not forget about the Titans they have unleashed.” We all got a grim attitude.

“Yes, I know, we can’t do much about right now,” The Commander said, “but, all we can do right now is battle the monsters. The gods will have to battle the Titans, hopefully they can hold out long enough, so we can defeat the monsters, then battle the Titans for Mount Olympus. Right now, we have plans for 3 squads of 20 people to head out and clear monsters out of states to the South, North, and East, and of right now, we have those squads, so let me read those names out for you. Once you hear your name, you are allowed to leave; we will send you off tomorrow at 7:30 directly, if you don’t arrive at time, you will be left behind. All squads will meet at the loading dock on the north side of base. The Commander brought out a clipboard, apparently with names on them.

“Okay, the Squad 1 Leader will be Jackson. Jackson, you will head North and will lead Trevor, Matthew, Dan, Connor, Onni, Phillip, Hank, Jennifer, Bobby, Toni, Ytaumi, Brandon, Bill, Daniel, Thomas, Duncan, Jack, Samantha, and McKenzie.” All those people stood up and left.

“The Squad 2 Leader will Justin. Justin, you will head South and will lead Torie, Caleb, Hannah, Sam, David, Ashley, JFG, Haniuo, George, Teresa, Jonathon, Bryan, Ian, Anthony, Fred, Vesper, Lauren, Ray, and Frank. Me and Teresa stood up and left. We looked at each other, looks like we were heading South tomorrow. It looked at the clock on the wall, 7:00 PM. “I’m going to sleep, see you tomorrow.”

“See you,” she said. I walked down the hall. I found the hall with bunks and opened a door. It had 4 bunks in it, one was mine, and there were 3 other buddies with me. I lied down on my bunk, tired. I felt my eyelids heavy and I fell asleep.

Next chapter July 15

Again, sorry for the short chapter.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/15/2011, 10:59 am

Hey guys, there's another short chapter. D: Yeah, I know. But while I was gone, I managed to finish writing the book!! So, faster chapters!! :D Anyway, story time.

Chapter 14
    Heading South

I woke up next morning. I rubbed my eyes; I checked the clock, 7:16. “On snap!” I got up and quickly changed, by the time I changed the clock had turned 7:18. I quickly grabbed my guns and ran out the door. I ran past some people and ran down to hall. The North side of base was about a 10 minute walk, I had to run. When I got there, it was 7:25. I saw 4 groups, obviously the 4 directions. I found my group and got in. The Squad Leader was talking about flanking tactics and how we need secret whistles to communicate to each other.

The Commander came up to greet us all. After the greeting, he gave us his big motivational speech.

“Today, all of you will do something heroic, you will push the monsters so far, and we won’t have to deal with them for a long time. There will be casualties; all we can say is try not to let it be you to go. We need every single one of you, and your death will be remembered. The North and East will have the easiest jobs as you can tell, but as for you, South and West, it will be harder. Your mission is to push them out as far as 2 states. 2 states, that’s not hard right?

You will have radios to keep in touch with me and each other. You will report back to me every 3 days, we cannot send backup for you because you are far outside the New York boundaries, but we will contact the nearest base. I hope all of you know, we are NOT the only people fighting this war, there are other bases through out the states, we are the most northern state, and it’s our job to get them out of the North East states. You’re all the best we got, good luck.

“Squad 2 over here,” Justin said. Me and Teresa walked over to him, along with the other 17 people. “All right,” he said. “Everyone move out!” He started into a steady jog, and we all followed. We crossed the street and headed down that alley way that we saw during the attack, only this time it was a little lighter.

I was glad we didn’t go exploring down this alley. There were many corners in the alley in which we could have been ambushed, and there was tons of graffiti. It was pretty creepy, but wasn’t that creepy since we had 20 people with us. We exited the alley way and crossed the road. I saw another group, probably the East group, heading through Central Park. We walked past that building and kept jogging past through there. I decided to start a conversation with Teresa since others were talking to each other.

“So, how do think this is going to go?” I asked Teresa.

“I don’t know,” she replied. “It could go good, could go bad. I think it would go good since we have 20 people. All the other times there’s been a small amount of people. Now we have a large group of people, meaning we have a better chance of succeeding.”

“Yeah, it’s always been us 2, but now, there are 18 others.”

“Yeah,” she said. The conversation was then lead by an Awkward silence as we jogged on. We though we heard other monsters talking a few times, but turns out it was something else. We hit the border of New York it about 2 hours. We had it going fine, we lost nobody, encountered no monsters. We thought it was going easy, until we hit Pennsylvania.

Next chapter July 17
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/17/2011, 12:40 pm

Chapter 15
    Pennsylvania Part 1

We walked for a while; the city was starting to turn into country. We couldn’t walk the entire state of Pennsylvania. We were going to need something faster, a vehicle. We stopped at a car dealership. The vehicles were something else, not high-tech since they were 2012 cars, just normal cars. I’m surprised they’re still here. We moved on over to the jeeps and humvees. The Squad Leader, Justin, turned around.

“All right, 2 to a vehicle,” he announced. I chose Teresa as a partner and we got in a Jeep. We busted the window and unlocked the door. A car alarm went off, along with every one else’s car alarm. We looked at each other, the car alarms rung in the air.

“Get in your vehicles, fast, and lay low!” The Squad Leader said. Me and Teresa hopped in the jeep and I got between the seats, lying down, Teresa got down in the trunk. We heard ships above us, and a spotlight, which I don’t know why they used it. They scanned the dealership, looking for anything moving. The drop ship landed and monsters came out.

“Steady,” the squad leader said on the radio. The monsters walked past the vehicles, they had guns at their sides, and one almost spotted me. “GO!” We all got up and ambushed the monsters; we sure took them by surprise. I fired, using the jeep’s door for cover. I shot the monsters to the left, then moved to the front. I broke the glass and fired out at the monsters. I then moved to the left and took out the monsters there.

“Let’s get out of here.” Justin said after all the monsters died. I started the car, and followed Justin onto the road. There were 10 vehicles, I was 4th in line. We drove along the urban roads, moving from neighborhood to neighborhood, flushing monsters out. We drove along the road, killing monsters on the side of the road as we went. Urban turned into country and we drove for miles with no monsters in sight. We had it easy, no monsters country side. Except, we had to figure out the hard way out in the open wasn’t good.

Monster drop ships flew overhead, and we had no way to hide, none of us had rockets launchers, we had bullets. The drop ship passed us then turned around. I forgot drop ships also have turrets, we were in for trouble. The drop ship fired at the 10th vehicle, containing Fred and Ashley. It fired its plasma bullets at them, which I didn’t think it had plasma bullets. It hit their vehicle and they started to lose control. They drifted, and then turned sideways. Their car started to flip, and to make it worse, the drop ship shot missiles at them. It hit their flipping jeep and the jeep exploded.

“DON’T JUST STAND AROUND, SHOOT IT!!!!” Justin screamed. We all let loose on the drop ship, bullets hitting metal. Justin pulled out a grenade launched and he shot at the turret, it hit directly on and it fell off. The drop ship fired more missiles and it missed the 9th vehicle, hitting the side of the road. The vehicle swerved and accidentally bumped the 8th vehicle in the back. The vehicle swerved out of control, but the driver was experienced enough to slow down and stop.

The drop ship came around for another pass; Justin fired another grenade launcher and hit a pipe under the front of the ship. The gates of the drop ship opened and monsters tumbled out, falling to their death. “Well, monsters are done,” I said to Teresa.

“Yeah,” she said.

“Hey, Justin, this is George in vehicle 7, I found an RPG.”

“Well don’t just say it! Use it!!” Justin said. We all looked back at vehicle 7 as he loaded the RPG then fired at the drop ship. It hit with a huge explosion at the ship. The engines stalled and the ship came crashing down. We noticed it was going to land on vehicle 9, where Frank and Lauren were.

“FRANK, LAUREN, DRIVE FASTER!!!” Justin screamed into the radio. The vehicle picked up speed, but not fast enough. Raining debris fell down on the jeep and crushed it. There was another explosion as it crushed the gas tank of the jeep. The mood turned sad, 4 people, lost in the hands of a drop ship. If we come in the hands of an army, how would we handle them?

Next Chapter July 19
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/19/2011, 12:55 pm

Hey guys, sorry about these real short chapters, but sometimes they will be short. The next few chapters after this one will be a longer, so that's good. Okay, that's all for now.

Chapter 16
    Pennsylvania Part 2

The rest of the drive was getting depressing. It was getting dark out, we were almost out of fuel, we were out in the country, no gas station for miles, and we all had a sad attitude. We drove in silence, past the country side. It was 11:13, me and Teresa kept turns driving, I had first shift, which would last until 4:13, and Teresa had second shift, which would last until 9:13, then we would be wide alert. That’s what Justin said we would do.

I kept a watch out while Teresa slept. I yawned, I was tired, and driving was boring. I was 19, old enough for driving, but I don’t have my drivers license. We took a left out of the country road, heading for the nearest city. That’s where all the monsters should be. We checked both directions, no drop ships, George said he had one more bullet in that RPG he found, so we would be safe for one more drop ship.

We hit the city at 11:58, we looked around for any sign of monsters, and there weren’t any since it was so dark. We headed to the nearest gas station and filled up on gas, taking turns, don’t know how there was still gas in the stations, there just was. We drove through the city, looking for monsters. We spotted a few, killing them on spot. We were angry over the deaths of our friends, but we also couldn’t find monsters in the night, we had to sleep.

We drove into a hotel, I woke up Teresa and we walked up to the hotel. We each got our own room, grabbing the keys from the front desk. I opened the door to my hotel room, 2 beds, 1 TV, 1 chair, 1 sofa, 1 desk with a chair, a bathroom, and a kitchen. I took off my shoes, nobody sleeps with shoes on. I lied down on the bed and fell asleep.

I woke up around 10 when I heard Justin talking into the radio, “OK, EVERYONE, WAKE UP AND REPORT OUTSIDE NEAR THE JEEPS FOR YOUR NEXT OBJECTIVE!!!!” I yawned, and heard another person saying they just want to sleep over the radio, and then Justin and him got in an argument. I grabbed my guns and got up. I put my shoes on, and walked out the door. Justin was there, annoyed because he had to argue to get that dude out of bed. 10 other people were already there, I didn’t see Teresa, which I guess was cool that I beat her.

We all rounded up in front of the jeeps. “Okay everyone, we’re going to split up, scout the city for monsters. We’ll report back here in 2 hours, if something is wrong, tell us on your radio and where you are. Everyone got it? Okay the groups are 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 5 and 7, and 6 and 8. You can go any direction, just don’t leave the city. If you’re going in to investigate a building, tell us so we don’t think that you’re dead in a vehicle on a sidewalk. Got it? Good, everyone is dismissed.

Next Chapter July 20, to make up for the short chapter.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 11772
    Registration date : 2010-10-15

Post by pilot 7/19/2011, 2:51 pm

sounds good so far.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/20/2011, 7:37 am

Chapter 17
    The City

We jumped in our jeeps and took off. I spoke to Vehicle 2, “Hey, this is Jonathon, you lead, okay?” He confirmed and he led us around. We heard distant gunfire, probably others finding monsters hiding in buildings. We took a left, finding more monsters around the corner and shot them dead. It was kind of hard driving around in the city, there was a lot of rubble on the road, especially glass in some situations, that’s why we chose jeeps, All-Terrain Vehicles.

We stopped near what looked like one of the main buildings in the city. We hopped in and went to the front.

“Tall building, 10 stories, must be crawling with monsters. Anybody got any C4?” said the guy from Vehicle 2.

“Uh,” I checked my pockets. “None,” I told him.

“Ok, we’re going to have to do this the hard way. Breach and Clear.” He told us. Me and Teresa ran to one side of the door, and the other 2 ran to the other side. He held up a hand, 3...2…1…0. We sprinted into the building, scanning all possible spots enemies could be, none. We rushed up stairs, 4 enemies talking to each other. We lit them up and kept moving upstairs.

On the third floor was even more, 8 enemies, out in the open and in the doorways. We strategically shot them, me taking 2, Teresa taking 2, and the other guys each taking 2. We kept moving up the stairs, only to be greeted by a guy camping up the stairs. He shot his gun and one of the guys from the 2nd vehicle. The shotgun blasted him backwards, and he fell through the wall, falling 3 stories into a pile of rubble, which probably didn’t feel good.

The main guy from the 2nd Vehicle shot him in the face, grabbed him, and threw him through the same hole the other guy fell out. He punched a wall in frustration then called in through his radio.

“Justin, this is Vesper from Vehicle 2, Bryan is dead. Should we continue our search of this building we’re doing?”

“Negative Vesper, get out of there now, Caleb will be over there shortly will C4 to blow the building, out.”

Vesper turned towards us, “Lets get out of here.” We ran back down the stairs and out to our jeeps. Caleb pulled up about 2 minutes later, C4 ready. He looked sort of like Apollo, great smile with sunglasses.

“You guys ready?” he asked smiling.

“Yeah, do it,” Vesper said.

“Okay, but it will be a few minutes,” he said. He ran in the building. We saw him place C4 on the walls, on the support beams, under stairs, and other areas. He ran out with the trigger, he gave it to Vesper.

“Let’s get out of here, don’t want that Dust Cloud swallowing you up.” We jumped in our Jeeps and drove a good half mile away.

“Ready when you are,” Caleb said. Vesper looked at the trigger, and then pulled it. A roaring rumble filled the ground, adding to the sound of an explosion. The groan of building support became loud as the building toppled over, hitting another building and making a good size dent in it. It came to the ground with a boom and it shook our bones. Smoke poured out of the explosion, heading in all ways. Debris rained down from the sky from little bits of the building that got blown sky high.

“Well, I’ll be off,” Caleb said and he drove away.

Vesper looked at us, and then turned away, sad over the death of his friend. He hopped in his Jeep and drove away. We quickly got in and followed him, to an unknown destination.

Next Chapter July 22

It's my birthday today :D
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/22/2011, 1:54 pm

Chapter 18
    Heading to New Jersey

After about 10 more minutes of exploring the city, we met back up at the hotel. I counted up everyone, 13 people, 2 others must have died along side with Bryan. I couldn’t tell who though, for I did not have everyone’s name memorized.

“All right,” Justin said. “The commander said after we cleared the main city to head on over to the next state, because the main city is where most of the monsters are. The monsters in the country/urban places will probably just die off, plus there are not enough of them for a large scale attack against us. So, we are going to head over to New Jersey, the next state over. Once we clear that, we are free to head home.” Everybody cheered, just the thought of being home with no monsters sounded pleasant, but how many people would make it home?

We all hopped in our vehicles and drove off, leaving the city. We borrowed some food from a couple a places because we hadn’t eaten for a day. We drove along the urban roads, passing neighborhoods and small towns. We met a few monsters walking along the side of the road a couple of times and eliminated them. I thought about all the people that died here in Pennsylvania. I thought about death, and the underworld. Would they go to Elysium, or the Fields of Asphodel? I would think Elysium because they died trying to rid the nation of monsters.

We came up upon a certain town that just didn’t feel right. Lights were turned on, music was playing throughout the town, and cars were turned on. We all looked at each other, nervously. Justin came on the radio,

“DON’T… TOUCH… ANYTHING.” I gulped; this reminded me of that scene from Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, the nuke town. We drove cautiously on the road, dodging all cars and other objects on the road. Some objects have fallen on the road, blocking them off from travel in that direction. We had to take a few turns up and down streets since roads were blocked off. We got to the end of the ‘maze’ and exited the city; we were lucky nobody touched anything. We drove off down a road, passing a couple of houses, not exactly on a country road, more like an urban road. We checked the houses and killed some monsters inside, so far so good.

We headed towards the border, about a couple more miles and we would be good, what we didn’t know was the monster patrol up near the border. We were driving through a country road and a bridge was up ahead, separating the 2 states, on the bridge was a monster patrol.

“Stop the cars!!” Justin’s voice whispered through the radio. We got off the road and stopped in the grass, behind some trees, we shut off the engines. Justin got out of his jeep and called a rendezvous at him. Me and Teresa got out of our vehicle and we ran over to him.

“All right everybody; we got a convoy ahead patrolling the bridge ahead. We’re not going to be able to pull this off stealthily so we’re going to have to go loud. Collapsing this bridge isn’t an option since there’s almost no other way to get across, and there isn’t another bridge for miles. So, we’re going to have to do this fast, because they might call for backup. So, everybody will get into position and on my cue, we’ll attack them together, so everyone get into position. Choose a spot somewhere safe, we don’t go much time.”

I ran to the other side of the bridge, sprinting as fast as I could. The monsters didn’t look over here, because they didn’t think anybody would be driving down the road at this time, since almost everybody was dead. I crouched on the other side of the bridge, looking over the guard rail at the monsters. I looked over at Teresa who was hiding in the forest across from me. Justin came on over the radio,

“On my go, 3…2…1… GO! GO! GO!!” We all opened fire at the monsters on the bridge. They stopped talking to each other and opened fire at us. I ducked down as a few bullets flew over my head. I blind-fired from cover and then got up and fired. I heard a groan as a teammate was hit on the side opposite from me. We finished firing as the last guy fell off the bridge and disintegrated.

“All right squad, good job, group up.” We all rushed over to Justin. We stared down at the dude that got shot, he wasn’t looking to good. “Okay, first things first, any medics?”

“I am,” a dude said stepping forward.

“Okay, try to help him then, when you’re finished, bring him to the main city and we’ll meet up.” He nodded then walked forward and knelt down near the dude, “and for the people still here, let’s move on.” We all got in our vehicles and drove off over the bridge, leaving the medic there with the dying dude.

Next Chapter July 24
    Kat The Reject
    Kat The Reject
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 7897
    Registration date : 2011-04-14

Post by Kat The Reject 7/22/2011, 1:57 pm

⭐
    *CLAPS*
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 7/22/2011, 9:23 pm

very good!!!!!! *claps along with kitty*
    Kat The Reject
    Kat The Reject
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 7897
    Registration date : 2011-04-14

Post by Kat The Reject 7/22/2011, 9:25 pm

LOL
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/23/2011, 2:28 pm

Thx, is there anything I need to change, or is it good right now?

Chapter:

Chapter 19
    New Jersey

We drove through the country road surrounded by a forest. The landscape was beautiful; at least the monsters weren’t able to mess up this side of the state. Tall trees with leaves blocked out the sun as we drove in quiet, staring out through the forest. We saw rabbits, deer, bears, and squirrels. It reminded of that one scene from CARS when they’re driving through the forest, and that’s exactly what this looked like.

We exited the forest road about 5 minutes later, and we were sad, you can’t stand to leave a place that amazing, that beautiful while the world is in peril. We just drove out in the open for the rest of the time; it reminded me too much with what happened with the drop ship. We saw a city in the distance, tall buildings and look like dark clouds, a storm maybe. Yeah right, nothing is normal in the life of a demigod. Everything has a reason, whether that be good or bad, and most of the time, it’s bad, really bad.

When we entered the city, it turned dark as storm clouds loomed overhead. The sun was hidden behind the clouds, so we couldn’t tell what time it was. I imagined the number of people we had, 11. That wasn’t a lot, that wasn’t enough; we needed more if we’re going to clear this city. I can see it now, thousands of monsters, hiding out in the buildings, watching us right now. I told Teresa about the monsters hiding in the building and she said,

“If you’re trying to freak me out, it worked, so thanks.” I laughed and we drove through the city, looking for a place where we could stay. We stopped at a motel, a better one than the other one. 4 stories, at least 27 rooms per story. ‘Lorren Motel’s’ It said, it seemed decent to Justin, so we decided to use this place as our rendezvous spot.

Justin rounded everybody up outside the motel for another speech, which we didn’t mind, they were keeping us alive.

“Okay everyone; this is the last state we have to kick the monsters out of. Once we’re done, we’re free to go home.” We all cheered, we wanted to get home. It was scary out here with no protection and just a small squad of people to protect you.

“Anyway,” Justin said. “What we need to do is split up, again, because this city is larger. Our plan is to meet back here in 2 hours. That may seem like a short time, but you guys will have to do it, because if you want to get out of here as soon as possible, that’s the minimum time that we we’re allowed to investigate a city, that’s what the Commander said.” He nodded at all of us. “You guys are the best because you’ve survived this long, all you need to do is survive for 2 more hours, and then we can leave. Can you guys do that?” We all cheered “Yeah!” and then he sent us off.

We didn’t get to pair up with anyone, because there we’re only 6 vehicles left, 3 pairs would not be helpful. So me and Teresa went off by ourselves, which was fine, me and Teresa learned to work together. We we’re assigned to a specific side of the city, the outside. I felt bad for the people who got the inside, they would probably both die. We explored a few small buildings that we’re 1 story tall. A few monsters we’re in them, we took them all out. We kept using that strategy, which worked on almost every building, except one tall building.

We hopped out of the jeep and walked up to the building. 10 stories, it was probably full of surprises on every level, who knows how long it would take to explore all the levels.

“Well, we got to go in,” I told Teresa.

“I know,” she said. “Are you ready?”

“I’m always ready,” I said cocking my shotgun. We took both sides of the doors, and when we we’re ready, breached the door. No monsters on the first floor, we checked the side doors, and found a few monsters, killed them. We ran up the stairs and found some monsters talking in the lobby on the 2nd floor. We shot them, and they disintegrated. We kept moving up, using the same tactic, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. It took us roughly 30 minutes to clear the entire building and check every room. We headed back down the stairs, and out the door. We hopped into the jeep, “Well, that was a little hard.” I told Teresa.

“Yeah,” she agreed. “Well, what do we do now?” Suddenly, Justin came on over the radio.

“EVERYONE BACK TO THE MOTEL, NOW!! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!! MONSTER PATROLS INBOUND!!!!”

Next Chapter July 26
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/26/2011, 10:45 pm

Hey guys, sorry I uploaded this chapter so late. I've been taking Marching band this summer and right now, I'm in Band Camp. Band camp lasts all this week from Noon to 10 P.m, so it takes up A LOT of time. But don't worry, I'll keep the chapters coming. Also, speaking of chapters, there's only about 6 chapters left!!

Chapter 20
    Defensive Actions

We hurried back to the motel to see monsters surrounding the motel. We saw 4 jeeps already there, meaning us and 1 other jeep wasn’t here. We stopped the car in the front and shot the monsters that we’re trying to get in. We jumped out of the jeep and ran to our motel room.

“Jonathon, Teresa, glad you could make it. One of you guard the door and one of you take the window in the back.” Teresa said that she would take the window in the back and I would have the door. We sprinted up to our room and barely avoided some bullets that wized over our head. We ran into our room, closing the door behind Teresa as a few bullets broke the glass on the door. I looked out the window on the door and saw the monsters approaching the motel.

There we’re at least 100 monsters heading this way, who knows how many coming from the back. I started running out of ammo, with only about 600 bullets left. I remember I packed with 1500 bullets, which was overkill, but they come in handy. I fired at more monsters that came down from a drop ship. I heard an RPG bullet being shot as a nearby drop ship exploded. I reloaded and fired more bullets in the directions. I heard bullets fly by and heard some yell in the other room, probably got shot.

‘Great,” I thought. ‘There goes another person.’ I wondered how many people we had left. 10? 9? 8?? Not many, I knew that. How much longer could we keep this up, we couldn’t waste guys like this. A few monsters carrying RPG’s came out of drop ships and we had to eliminate them quickly, because if they blew down the doors, we would have no cover. Once, I had to reload and saw monsters aiming my way. I quickly got out of the way and the monsters shot holes through the door. I quickly returned fire, telling them I’m not going down that easily.

At one point of the battle, I heard Justin come on the radio, “Everybody, the monsters have stopped coming from the front, head to the back of the hotel” I ran over to where Teresa was and noticed how many there we’re coming from her way. I saw at least 5 drop ships and hundreds of more troops. I pulled out a stack of grenades, and handed some to Teresa.

“Time to get some Multi-kills,” I told Teresa. She smiled and took some. When the monsters got close, we started throwing them. The monsters ran in fear as they heard the infamous sound of a grenade hitting the pavement below their feet. One grenade got me at least 10 kills.

“Dang, Grenade City!!” Justin exclaimed. I heard a few people laugh over the radio as we kept tossing grenades their way. I ran out of grenades and pulled out my Assault Rifle. I shot a convoy of monsters hiding in the bushes, then saw Teresa toss a grenade at a few monsters hiding behind a sign. Another RPG rocket from somewhere blew up another Drop Ship coming in to drop off monsters. We started winning, and for once, I thought we had a chance at this battle.

The monsters started retreating after 3 more minutes. We saw them running for their lives as we destroyed their last drop ship. We all cheered over the radio, and Justin told us to meet outside.

6 people walked out, only 6. I was stunned. ‘Only 6 people made it,’ I thought. I wonder how the other squads did. Justin looked tired, worn out. I noticed his partner didn’t make it, which stunk, he was a good fighter.

“All right everyone; there are not a lot of us left, as you can tell. But the good thing is, for the rest of us, we survived.” Nobody cheered, almost everybody was dead. 20 of us came out here to fight, and 6 of us are coming out. “So, before anymore monsters show up, let’s get out of here.” Justin said. We got into our jeeps and drove out. I stared at the city behind us, its city stained with blood from the 3-5 deaths of demigods. I turned my head, turning my attention on the road ahead. I hope I never have to look at the city again… ever.

Next Chapter July 28
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/28/2011, 10:04 pm

Hey guys, guess what? LONG chapter, :D

Chapter 21
    Heading back home… again.

Nobody talked on the ride home, no radio communication. What was the point? The conversation would die in a few seconds. We felt defeated, 14 of us gone; it felt like Mission Failure, even though we succeeded in our mission. We headed North-West, taking every road we saw. Me and Teresa exchanged few conversations, but it always ended quickly. So basically, the ride home was boring.

We crossed the bridge and a sign on the right side said “Welcome to New York City!” I was surprised they didn’t tear down that sign and make it say “Welcome to Monster City!” We drove through the country in silence, because New York isn’t all city, that’s just the main part.

The country was kind of cool if you thought about it. Hills, trees, grass, I guess the monsters thought it was cool too so they didn’t destroy it, which was weird. What was even weirder was we saw monsters on the sides of roads.

“Something’s not right here,” Justin said over the radio. We shot the monsters then kept driving. We noticed more monsters as we kept driving closer to the city. We noticed some monsters walking on the road. We sped up and ran over them, while they screamed and tried to get off the road. We laughed, that was probably the funniest thing this trip so far.

We drove into the city, noticing a monster patrol driving around. “Let’s ditch the vehicles,” Justin said. We parked our vehicles in a bush outside the city. We got out and rendezvoused with Justin. We looked at the 6 of us.

“All right everyone, looks like the monsters came back to New York City when we left. There’s a 50% chance they took over the base because the base isn’t responding to my call.” We looked at each other, worried that everybody at base could be dead.

“Well, we need to get there, just to be sure,” somebody said.

“Yeah, so we’ll have to battle through without alerting another entire army,” Justin told him. “So, let’s just try to get back to base, who knows where the other teams are.” We took off sprinting across the roads and went into a back alleyway of a building. We continued down the alleyway, checking our corners for monsters waiting to ambush us.

“Stay sharp,” Justin said. The buildings loomed over head, blocking out the sun with the help of the clouds. The sun behind the clouds and buildings provided very little light, making it feel like night time, even though it wasn’t. We stopped at the end of the alleyway and looked both ways. There was a monster patrol on the left and nothing on the right.

“Wait for them to pass,” Justin said. We watched as the walked out of view behind the building. “Let’s go,” we took off sprinting across the road. We ran into the other alleyway across the street and saw a monster patrol ahead of us, coming out of another alleyway to the left. We hid behind whatever was possible, phone booths, trash cans, open doors leading into restaurants, stairs, anything. The monster patrol turned and started walking this way.

“On my go, we reveal ourselves and fire, okay?” Everything was silent and I heard my own heartbeat. Then I heard Justin, “Fire.” We quickly came from our hiding spots and ambushed the monsters. They only had a second to act surprised, and then got disintegrated. “Let’s move,” Justin said.

We moved onto the next alleyway, I recognized this part and knew that we we’re 5 blocks away. I wanted to start up a conversation, so I tried to.

“So, Justin, what would we do if we get back to base and realize it’s been taken over?” I asked him.

“Well, we’ve got to take it back, there’s no other option. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though, that would be bad.”

“Do you think the other squads have finished by now?” I asked him. He thought about this question for a while.

“I would think the Eastern squad finished, but not the North squad, they got a long way to travel.”

“Do you think the base is all right?” I asked him.

He looked down sadly, “I don’t think so, if these monsters are roaming around the streets, nothing can go good.” I finished the conversation after that, because we we’re here. We came out of the last alleyway and looked out on the Laundromat where are base was hidden below. Its roof was blown off and the walls we’re destroyed, it was inaccessible.

“I knew it,” Justin said sadly. He put his head down and we all looked at it sadly. It’s gone, destroyed, the monsters took over while we we’re gone. I suddenly came up with an idea.

“Hey, we can use the buildings to get in through the sectors!” I told everybody.

Justin looked up at me, “You’re a genius.” We ran over to the closest sector, B4, the sector I covered. We ran into the building then removed the boards hiding the entrance. We ran down the stairs and found the door, still intact. Justin motioned to be quiet and he silently opened the door and looked around. The lights were flickering, making it difficult to see. Imagine a long barely lit hallway underground, except you have to explore it and you don’t know what’s down there, and there’s a bunch of corners and hallways, THAT’S scary.

We slowly stepped into the hallway, trying to be as quiet as we can. We saw doors lying on the ground, ripped off their hinges. Justin turned towards us, “All right, I don’t think anyone is still here, explore the base and gather up whatever you can while it’s still here. This place feels like the roof will collapse any second, so meet back here in 30 minutes, then we’ll get out of here.

Me and Teresa automatically silently ran towards the armory. We remembered we had flashlight attachments we could put on our gun so we attached them. We flicked them on and continued on. Things really looked messed up down here. What use to be a bunch of demigods became an empty base, it’s creepy. Just the thought of ghosts, monsters, and other stuff makes this supernatural. Even if you’re not scared of the dark, you’ll be scared anyway.

We quickly ran into the armory, wanting to ambush any monsters there, none. We looked around, no weapons. We walked over to the where we store the weapons and opened the big metal doors, nothing also! I cursed in Greek and looked around. I remembered Sam had a box of weapons hidden in a secret vault in the wall. I walked up to the wall and hit it. A keypad popped up and I typed in a code. The keypad disappeared and out came a vault. I turned the lock and unlocked the safe, inside was some laser guns, high-tech equipment, and high-tech guns. Me and Teresa grabbed as much stuff as we could and ran out, excited with our save.

We ran around the base, but didn’t find much, only some leftover food, some stuff in people’s bunks, and other stuff. We hurried back to Justin, and when everyone came back, Justin had some important info.

“All right guys, listen to this. I checked the Commander’s office, looking for important clues he could have left. I found a note that the East squad left. They said they witnessed the fight of the base but wanted to stay hidden in the shadows. They saw that everybody got captured and a drop ship took them away. They said the drop ship took them to the other side of New York City, and they said anyone reading this note was told to help them, which we are going to do. So, pack your bags, we’re gonna go rescue everybody.

Next Chapter July 30
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 7/30/2011, 6:06 pm

Chapter 22
    Heading Across Town

Justin handed us all a grappling hook. “If the drop ship won’t come to us, we got to go to it. So if it won’t land, we’ll have to use these, to get up there.” We rushed up the stairs and left Sector B4. Justin looked at me and Teresa. “You guys have been captured before, right? Where did they take you?”

“They took us across the city, to the other side of town. If we get up high enough, we should be able to see the drop ship in the sky. It probably just sits up there, roaming around with the prisoners in there, but with all those prisoners, maybe 20 to 40, who knows what could happen.” He nodded, he knew some would die, with big groups like that; at least 1 person is bound to die.

We took off across the street, wanting to get to the other side of the city as fast as we could, before everybody dies. We knew they we’re taken hostage, why would they clean the bodies up, they don’t care about them. We went through another alleyway, not sure how far we need to travel, only we need to travel far.

We decided traveling blind was probably not the best idea, so we moved towards the beach, which wasn’t that far. In about 10 minutes of running, we reached the beach. We looked out over towards the other side of town. We saw the drop ship hovering above the ocean, slowing heading towards the city. Justin immediately came up with a plan.

“All right, you all see the drop ship moving right? It has to be moving at, at least, 2-5 miles per hour. If you look over there in the city, there’s a tall building, we could easily hook up from the top of the building. Also, that building is right in the drop ship’s travel path. So, at its travel speed and the distance from here, which is about 2 miles, we’d have to get there in 45 minutes. So, let’s not waste any time and let’s go.

We took off jogging out of the beach and heading up onto the road. We cut across the road and ran through some backyards, cutting through a quick forest, and making our way into the city in 10 minutes, but we still had a way to go. We could tell the drop ship was getting closer, but we would definitely make it in time. We sprint across the road then hopped a fence blocking the way to a shortcut. We were making good time, or were we?

I looked up in the sky while we we’re still jogging to the building, about 200 meters away. I saw the drop ship closing in on the building. I told Justin.

“Uhh, Justin, is the drop ship suppose to be that close to the building in that short of time??” I asked him. He looked up and realized how close it was.

“Wow, we got to move, NOW!!” We took off in a full sprint towards the building 200 meters away. That may seem like a sort of far distance, but we got there in 30 seconds. I examined the building, 15 stories, and we had about 8 minutes to find the stairs and get to the top.

We rushed into the building and looked around. I saw a sign that said “STAIRS” and an arrow pointing ahead. We ran down the hall, and quickly opened the door. We got on the stairs and started jogging up them as fast as we could. Stories flew by, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th. We hit the 12th story with about 3 minutes left; I guess you could call that plenty of time. We kept jogging up the stairs 13th, 14th, 15th. We burst open the door to the roof, the drop ship was right above us, slowly driving forward.

“Everybody get out your Grappling Hooks!” Justin told everybody. I pulled out my grappling hook. “Aim for the back of the ship!” I aimed my grappling hook at the rear part of the ship.

“Fire!!!” Justin yelled as the ship came right over us.

I shot my grappling hook and it latched onto a ledge on the drop zone of the ship. I pressed a button on the drop ship and it shoved me up and towards the drop ship.

“Woaaaaahhhhhhh!!” I yelled as I flew through the air. I landed on the bottom of the ship and held onto the grappling hook tight. The others landed beside me.

“All right everybody, now we need to open this drop zone door up. Anyone know anyway how we can do this?” Justin asked us. I thought about a few sticks of C4 I recovered from the box in the armory.

“Yeah, I got an idea.”

Next Chapter August 1

Not many chapters left. ;)
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 8/1/2011, 11:41 pm

Chapter 23
    Breach and Clear

I stuck the stick of C4 onto the door leading to the drop zone.

“We need to get away,” Justin said. “Let’s attach to the side of the ship. I retracted the grappling hook, leaving me falling through the air. I quickly fired my grappling hook again, attaching to the side of the ship. I pressed a button on the grappling hook and it threw me forward through the air and I held onto the side of the ship. I tossed the C4 trigger to Justin so he could blow it.

“Everybody listen up, when I blow the door, we’re going to storm in there, guns blazing. They should be in the front of the ship, so we need to get to them before they get them out of the ship. So don’t stop, keep moving, and try to stay out of the line of fire. Everybody ready?” he asked us. We looked around, nobody said anything. “Good,” he said pulling the trigger.

A hole blew open in the drop zone and we swung around to the back of the ship and got in. I pressed the wire on the grappling hook, bringing it back in. Justin came in and busted through the door, leading to an armory. There were a few monsters there, we quickly shot them then moved on. When we rescue our friends, they can have the guns.

We busted through the next door, command room, it’s where they took to other monsters. We quickly lit up everybody in the room as they turned around. A siren came on, alerting the ship. We shot all the computers and control panels, disabling the siren, then we moved out.

The next room was the medical hospital. This drop ship was like the drop ship that me and Teresa were held on, except with a few changes. We shot the nurses, doctors, and the patients. A few guards came out of the door and shot one of our friends. We shot back at them, killing all of them. We looked down at the dude who got shot and we knelt to help him.

“I’ll be fine, go on without me! Continue the mission.” He told us.

“Ok, we’ll be back for you when we finish clearing the ship,” Justin said. More guards came in behind him. We quickly turned around and shot them. They fell down on the floor and disintegrated.

“Let’s keep moving!!” Justin yelled as we busted through the next door.

We bust through the door and came upon our teammates. They were tired up and bound in chairs. Some were lying on the floor dead. I looked around. I saw Sam, the Commander, and a few others I recognized, luckily they weren’t dead. A few guards with torture devices turned around, one of them being Kaalzor, the big tough guy that interrogated me.

“We got this,” Teresa told Justin and the others. Me and Teresa stepped forward, guns aimed at them.

Kaalzor smiled at us, “We meet again, hello there Teresa and Jonathon.”

“Give us our friends back,” I told him.

“Oh, I’m afraid I can’t do that, you know I can’t. You know what I can do though; I’m going to have to kill you.”

“We won’t allow that to happen, and you know that.” I said and shot his guards. The guards disintegrated and he looked around him and smiled.

“Well, looks like you got me,” he said putting his hands up. Suddenly, I heard gun clicks behind me and heard somebody say something behind me.

“Throw you guns down and put your hands up,” a monster said. I threw my gun down and put my hands up. My squad mates did the same and the monsters came around, checking to see if we had any other equipment. A monster removed my Desert Eagle and threw it on the ground. Kaalzor laughed,

“You thought you won, didn’t you? Well too bad, we knew you would come looking for your friends. We waited for you to leave, and then we made a huge attack against the base. Of course, with like 60 of you gone, it was easy. We took it in 1 minute. We took everyone hostage and took them here, and you came here and now we’re here, and we’ll win.”

I scowled, we walked right into a trap, and they were waiting for us. Kaalzor held up a gun to my face, “Goodbye Jonathon.”

A gunshot sound rippled threw the air, but it wasn’t Kaalzor’s gunshot. It was Sam’s, lying on the ground. He managed to cut his wrist ropes, pick up the gun, and shoot Kaalzor in the back. Kaalzor felt his back, dust came out. He collapsed on the ground and disintegrated.

Time seemed to slow down as Sam tossed my Desert Eagle towards me. I grabbed it in mid-air. ‘5 shots’ I told myself, ‘5 shots.’ I turned around and saw 4 monsters holding my friends hostage. I shot 1, aimed to the next one, 2, aimed to the next one, 3, aimed to the last one, 4. They all dropped dead and disintegrated. Time sped back to normal speed and my friends looked around at the dead monsters.

“Nice!” Justin said and he high-fived me. All of us grabbed our guns on the ground and helped untie everyone. I counted everyone, there we’re 30 overall, 9 dead and 21 alive and able to work a gun. We helped them up then led them over to the armory that we passed. There were at least 30 weapons in the armory, plenty of weapons. Everybody grabbed a weapon, Snipers, SMG’s, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, everything. The Commander stood in the front and started giving a speech.

“First of all, we all need to thank Justin and his squad of 6, for if not for them, we would still be hostages.” Everybody clapped and patted us on the back. “Next, the base may be destroyed, well the outside at least, but that doesn’t mean we can’t create a new base. We’ll have to scout the city, and search the city for a good base. So far now, we’re going to hav…” He wasn’t able to finish his sentence when suddenly; an RPG rocket hit the drop ship and we started spinning wildly out of control.

Next Chapter August 3
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 8/4/2011, 8:12 am

Hey guys, SORRY I was not able to upload a chapter yesterday. I lost track of time and forgot. D: Also, these next 2 chapters may be very repetitive, sorry for that. I couldn't think of anything else to do, but I put some surprises in. Anyway, Chapter time.

Chapter 24
    The Battle for New York

“WE’RE GOING DOWN!!!!!” Some screamed as the drop ship swirled to the ground out of control. I had 1 last though before we hit the ground, live. We smashed into the ground and everything blacked out.

I came to and looked around. People lied around, either knocked out, unconscious, or dead. I saw Teresa, knocked out too. A few people were coming to and I looked at them, confused on what just happened. I looked around for my gun and saw it lying on a wall. I reached for it and grabbed it and then I looked outside. I saw monsters, heading this direction, slowly. I looked around, panicked.

“Guys, we got to go! There’s monsters coming! We need to go!!” A few people looked out and we desperately tried to wake everybody up. I woke up The Commander and he looked around, dazed. I handed him a gun, “We got to move Commander, now.” I woke up Teresa and Sam and we got up. We looked around for a place to run. I saw a building in one direction where the door was open.

“Hey guys, we can go over there,” I said pointing towards a building.

“Good idea,” Sam said.

“Wait!” Teresa said. She pulled out a few sticks of C4 and placed them around the small room of the drop ship. The other rooms we’re tore off and flew somewhere else.

We looked to see if the monsters were looking, they’re coming from the other way. We sprinted across the road, using the cover of the drop ship to protect us. A few others went to other buildings, but still running. Overall, about 7 people died, this would be a tough battle to win. We got our guns ready and Teresa pulled out the trigger for her C4. We waited for the monsters to walk in. It took about 10 seconds for them to get there, but the wait was worth it.

We saw them through the windows of the ship, rummaging through the ship, looking at the dead body. Sam looked at Teresa, and gave her a nod. She pulled the trigger and a huge explosion rumbled through the ground. Fire spread everywhere and we had to get back to avoid the heat of the explosion, especially with how close we were to the drop ship. Smoke filled the air and pieces of ship started falling from the sky. I cocked my gun, time to win.

We fired blankly into the smoke; we knew there would still be monsters in the road, so we took the advantage of surprise. Bullets flied as the monsters fired back through the smoke, not sure what to shoot at. Things came to a standstill as the smoke stayed for a few seconds, giving us enough seconds to reload.

When the smoke cleared, we saw them hiding in buildings too. I pulled out a grenade and tossed it at a few monsters hiding in a building. The grenade went through the door and it exploded. I pulled out a grenade launcher, not sure if they were really dead or not. I fired at the wall, blowing it up, revealing a few monsters. The explosion threw them backward and killed them. I looked around the corner of this building, an alleyway. I told Sam and Teresa about the alleyway and they agreed we should head that way.

We told everyone else to give us covering fire and we ran around the corner, entering the alleyway. We looked around the corner, there were 6 monsters heading this way. We shot them and kept moving on, for every second could end this war quicker. We moved down the alleyway and reached a road separating our side from their side. We still hoped they’re using covering fire, and ran across the road.

We sprinted into the other alleyway to find monsters coming out of the back of a building. We shot them and they disintegrated, not getting a chance to shoot back. We rushed up to the building they came out of and went in; not knowing how many monsters could be in there.

We immediately came to the first floor, where 10 monsters were firing back at our squad mates. We picked our targets before firing. I would take the 3 on the left, Teresa would take the 3 of the right, and Sam would take the 4 in the middle. We aimed and fired. I shot the 3 on the back, 3 bullets per guy. I reloaded my gun and we moved upstairs.

There were 5 monsters covering upstairs. We shot them, and alerted the monsters on the 3rd floor. They started running down the stairs. We shot and they fell down the stairs and disintegrated. We looked out the window of the building. We saw more monsters coming from the streets, at least 100 more.

“We’re going to need more firepower,” Sam said as a few drop ships flew over.

“Yeah,” Teresa agreed. We moved on up to the 3rd floor, the last floor. We looked over the edge. We saw monsters hiding in buildings across the street and beside us. We radioed in to our teammates where the locations of the monsters were and moved out.

We rushed back down to the first floor to ambush more enemies that were hiding across the street. I pulled out my grenade launched and fired at the 2nd floor where monsters were hiding. The wall exploded and they all disintegrated. We fired at the monsters hiding in the building across the street. I heard Justin come on the radio.

“Commander, can I have permission to lead a squad to flank the enemies from behind?”

“Yes, you have permission,” the Commander said.

“Yes sir,” and in the background, you could hear them say, “Come on guys, we’re moving out!”

“Let’s go too,” Sam said. We jogged out of the house and ran through the alleyway. We sprinted across the road and got on both sides of the entrance to the first house. We counted down and breached the door.

Next Chapter/Part 2 August 5
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 8/5/2011, 9:34 am

Chapter 25
    The Battle for New York Part 2

We breached the door and saw 8 monsters on the first floor. We shot them as they turned around and we ran over to the window to look for more monsters. We saw monsters hiding behind boxes, in houses, and heading through alleyways. We gave their locations to the other people and moved on to the second floor. There were a few monsters, only about 3. We shot them, and I checked my ammo, 60 bullets.

“I’m running out of ammo,” I told Sam and Teresa.

“Pick up one of their guns,” Sam said. I ran over to an enemy and picked up his gun, a G59D, an improved version of the 636C, including 210 bullets with a 40 bullet magazine.

“Awesome,” I said and we moved upstairs. 5 monsters with RPG’s on the second floor. We couldn’t shoot these guys; they could fire an RPG bullet into the building, killing all of us.

“Knife,” Sam whispered to us. I got out my knife and we slowly walked forward. I would take the 2 on the left. I stabbed the dude on the left and then stabbed the other dude. Sam and Teresa finished off their guy and we picked up and RPG.

I fired one into a drop ship that was getting ready to drop enemies. It exploded and swirled out of control and exploded into a building across the street, killing all of the monsters. We kept shooting the drop ships that came in, until we saw no more drop ships coming. We threw down the RPG’s and ran down to the 1st floor. We saw monsters coming in the door, probably coming to stop us. We shot them and they fired back. We saw at least 14 of them. We had to retreat upstairs because there were too many of them.

We waited on the stairs for them to come up. They started piling up the stairs, coming one at a time. Sam was waiting on the stairs for them. He opened fire and I ran over to help him. We both fired and the monsters stopped coming.

“Stay here,” Sam said. He walked down stairs, gun ready. When he checked the room, he motioned for us to come on down. We went downstairs and radioed in to the Commander.

“Commander, we have pushed the monsters back 2 blocks on the left, you are clear to move up.”

“We pushed the monsters back 2 blocks on the right also,” Justin said.

“Good job guys, keep pushing the monsters back, we almost got them.” The Commander said. We moved out of the building, and headed along the alleyway. A few monsters headed this way, though they could ambush us. They fired first, I took cover behind a trash can as Sam and Teresa slid behind a building on the other side of the alleyway. The monsters moved forward and I blind-fired at the monsters, apparently hitting a few with their screams. They turned their attention to me and Sam and Teresa eliminated the rest of them.

“Let’s move,” Sam said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone jumping from rooftop to rooftop. “Hey guys, I think someone is above us,” I said pointing up. They looked up and we saw someone, too fast to identify, jump from one building to the one we were outside. I heard gunfire come from that building and monsters screaming. “Let’s go investigate,” I told them.

I ran into the building, guns lying on the floor from dead monsters. We moved upstairs to the 2nd floor, more guns. We moved upstairs to the roof. When we looked on the opposite building, we saw someone entering a door to the 2nd floor.

“We need to find out who that is,” Teresa said, we agreed.

“Can we jump this?” I asked. I looked at the jump, 3 feet.

“I think so,” Sam said. We backed up to the edge of the building and we sprinted full speed. I jumped and landed on the other side rolling. Teresa and Sam landed beside me. “Let’s wait for him to come back up,” Teresa said.

“Good idea,” Sam agreed and we stayed on the roof. In a couple of seconds, a guy in black came through the door on the roof.

“Freeze!!” Sam said and we stopped where he was, facing the next building for his next jump. “Turn around.” He slowly turned around and he had a familiar face.

“Larry!!” Me and Teresa said at the same time.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” he asked us.

“Nothing, killing monsters, we saw someone jumping on the roof tops so we went to see who it was.” I told him.

“Hehe, yeah, The Commander learned I was a son of Hermes, and since we were fast, I could be a recon soldier. Getting behind enemy lines, and if anything bad were to happen, I could get out of there fast.”

“Cool, well anyway, nice meeting you,” Teresa said.

“Bye,” he said and jumped to the next rooftop. He opened the door and moved into the building.

“Well, good we got a friendly looking over us, let’s move on by ground,” Sam said.

“Good idea,” I agreed. We went back down the stairs and started moving through the alleyway. We knew Larry would have the buildings so we moved out onto the streets. We shot monster hiding behind trash cans, and in doorways. We used grenade launchers to flush monsters out we couldn’t hit with bullets. Everything was turning out good on our side, the battle would soon be won.

LAST CHAPTER August 7
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 8/6/2011, 2:11 pm

sounds good.
    Stuart35
    Stuart35

Male

Post by Stuart35 8/7/2011, 9:45 am

Guys, you know what time it is... it's time for the last chapter of this story. The story has been long and it's finally coming to an end. Also, for those of you that have read this far and enjoyed this story a lot, there's a special surprise for you at the end. So, please enjoy the last chapter of "The Survivors"

Chapter 26
    The End

I saw monsters falling back on the streets, getting ready to set up on another block. I shot them as they retreated. This was like the 8th time they did this; they lost about 15 guys every time. Me, Sam, and Teresa ran up the road, using the time to move up. I hid behind the side of a building.

I fired a grenade launcher at monsters that dug into the side of a building. The wall exploded as debris flew everywhere. I moved up the street a little and took a back alley. I told Sam and Teresa to come with me; we would blow up the buildings of the next block. I saw a few monsters heading our way, desperately trying to flank us. We shot them and kept running.

We moved past the block the monsters were on. We had 10 sticks of C4, supplied by the Commander and other soldiers. We ran into one house. We planted a stick on the stairs and on the roof. We moved out and headed to the next building, it was almost over.

We entered a 3-story building. We placed a stick of C4 on a wall, the stairs, and the roof of the 1st floor. Just safety precautions, we told Larry not to move on to the next block because of C4.

We ran over to the other side of the road, where 2 more buildings were waiting. We ran into a 2-story house, placed C4 on the stairs and roof, then left. We moved onto a 3-Story house, and placed C4 in the same spots, a wall, stairs and the roof of the 1st floor. I radioed in to everyone.

“All right everyone, the C4 is set, all we need to do is make the monsters fall back to this block, and then we’ll blow it, and we’ll win.”

“Good job all of you,” The Commander said. “Everybody, give them all you got.”

I turned towards Teresa and Sam. “Come on, we need to get out of here before they fall back.” We ran out of the door and sprint across the road into an alleyway the monsters were in. We ran past the buildings knowing another squad would take care of them. We came upon the end of the alleyway and sprinted across the road, into a safe zone.

I ran over to the side of a building and returned fire. I saw a monster peek their head out of a window and shot it off. I ran out of grenades so I couldn’t launch anymore, all I could do was shoot. I saw Larry hop from a cleared building into an enemy building, we almost had them. In a few seconds, Larry came out of that building, and went to the next one, then, it happened.

I saw the monsters fall back; they started retreating to the next block. We all cheered, they didn’t know what was coming. We shot the runners heading for the buildings. When we saw the monsters firing back at us in the buildings, and confirmed they were all in there, the commander gave me the word.

“Do it, Jonathon,” he said, I pulled the trigger. A ground-rumbling noise could be heard and an explosion ripped through the air. The buildings exploded and the flames shot high into the sky. The heat could be felt back here, we had to cover our face. Debris flew through the air as the flames from the building killed all the monsters inside, it was pure awesomeness.

We all cheered of our victory, victory over the monsters of New York City. It was safe to walk among the city as monsters feared us and never returned. The Commander called a meeting down near the first block. We walked down the road and we saw Larry hopping from roof to roof to the left of us. We saw the Commander waiting for everyone at the end of the road as people ran down there to him.

We walked up to the Commander with many others, waiting for his victory speech, that’s what the Commander was famous for, his encouraging victory speeches. When everyone got there, he started.

“Congratulations, to all of you, for if not for all of us, we would not have won. This victory was great for us, for it successfully pushed the monsters out of New York City. We have made ourselves known to other demigod bases. We’ll need as many friends as we can, because there’s not many of us left, only about 30. We’ve fought hard and long, and in the end, we’ve successfully came out on top, but… the war is not over yet.

Even though the monsters have been defeated, doesn’t mean there are not monsters in other states, even though we did send you on missions to other states to clear them out, and you succeeded, pushing most monsters out. But that’s still not the main reason the war is not over. The Titans are still battling with the gods and we are loosing, sadly. The Gods need our help, fast. They can’t hold back the Titans.

Right now, the Gods are in San Francisco. They have been receiving help from the OTHER major base in California. There are 3 major bases, 1 here, 1 in Washington, and 1 in California. We hold the country together and are the major bases to keep the Titans from defeating the Gods and taking over Olympus. We know we can win, with effort we will win.

Our goal right now is to convince the Washington base and any closer bases to join forces with us, and fly across the country to battle the Titans with the gods and the LA camp. We will win, you want to know why? We push ourselves past the limits, to overcome obstacles and defeat anything in our way. That defines us Demigods and we will use anything in our grasp… even things that may kill us.”

THE END

Spoiler:

Also, listen to the theme song of this story here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyAZQZ-F7j4
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 8/7/2011, 12:46 pm

cool :D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content