A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Shiro Foxx: Ancestral Tour - On the Way to CHB

Laxyak
    Laxyak

Female
    Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Shiro Foxx: Ancestral Tour - On the Way to CHB Empty Shiro Foxx: Ancestral Tour - On the Way to CHB

Post by Laxyak 10/10/2011, 12:46 am

Temporary title. Heh. I couldn’t figure out something better.

This is a crossover fanfic, but there are no spoilers for any of the fandoms involved. Everything I explain in my story is either the basis of the fandom or my own idea.

The main character Shiro Foxx is the demigod (obviously).
    Shinichi Kudo is from Detective Conan (Jimmy Kudo in the English Case Closed). This takes place a few years before the “Big Shrink.”
    The Phantom Thief Kid is a mix of Kaito Kid from Magic Kaito (Japanese only) and (Phantom Thief) Dark Mousy from D.N.Angel. He’s/they’re also younger than the traditional 14 years they’re supposed to be. lol

If I add more characters/fandoms, I’ll let you know. ;P If you want your character to make an appearance, let me know. lol (Just send me the link to your character's application and any extra notes.)

The Japanese tour was my dad’s idea. Same with the name: Ancestral Tour. Just because his mom is Japanese doesn’t mean I am, but he thought it would be good marketing or whatever if I connected with my heritage. If he wants me connected with my heritage, why doesn’t he figure out who my mom is?

The name’s Shiro Foxx. I was born in California but raised in the homes of random rich people, famous or otherwise. I’m a child prodigy when it comes to the piano, so my dad has me perform to the high and mighty of the socialites. It’s not a bad life. I get the best food and nicest rooms, I can buy whatever the heck I want, and everyone thinks I’m the cutest thing in the world. (C’mon, guys. I’m twelve already! Enough with the cheek pinching.)

This fall/winter, I’m touring Japan. I’m pretty excited, but my dad keeps badgering me about practicing the language. I’m almost as fluent in Japanese as I am in English, just like him. He needn’t worry about me so much. I want to enjoy my trip and I’m going to. I’ll ditch him if I have to, but… not for long. He’s the one with the money after all.

The first show, unlike a lot of my performances, was to a large audience in the grand Tokyo Dome concert hall. I started off with a short play on a locally popular pop song, just to get some laughs going. Then I cooled it and played some Western classics like Beethoven and Bach. I played a couple little known songs, finally ending with a medley of traditional Japanese songs. I think the socialites liked that one.

That’s how most of my concerts went. Nothing fancy. To keep myself from getting bored, I threw in arrangements of some of my favorite American songs, making them sound all beautiful like so no one would notice. It occurred to me I should probably start composing my own stuff, but no one really seemed to care. At least, not during the performance itself.

Police attended my first private performance. Something about a threat to the host’s jewels or whatever got them riled up. I played three songs to get things going, and then played a bit of background music so the socialites could socialize. After a while a band picked up and I got to wander around with the adults. Unfortunately, no one let me have a taste of their wine.

To my surprise, I found another youth about my age. Feeling the need to hang out with someone my own age, I sidled up to him.

“Hey,” I greeted in Japanese. No way was I being formal with another kid. “I’m Shiro. What’re you doing here?”

The boy looked me up and down with his eyes, probably trying to be sneaky about his observation. “I’m Shinichi Kudo. I know who you are,” he added with a playful smile. “You’re kinda famous, you know.”

“Yes, I am, and for good reason,” I replied smugly.

“I’m here with my parents. My dad writes mystery novels,” he said with pride. It wasn’t real pride, not like I had. I had a real reason to be proud. He was just a fan.

“I see,” I said. “Not many other kids around here. Why did you get dragged along?”

The boy appeared excited. “I came here by choice. I want to help catch Phantom Thief Kid.”

I stared at him. “Um, what?”

“He’s the thief that brought the police here. He sends notes stating what he’s going to steal and when, right down to the exact minute. In fact, he should be here in about an hour.”

“He sends out warnings? Why hasn’t he been caught yet?”

Shinichi’s eyes glowed. “Some people think he uses magic, but I’m going to figure out how he does it. He’s really good at imitating police, and some say he flies away on black-feathered wings.”

Wings? I thought, interest finally perked. Maybe this thief is a harpy in disguise. “How long has he been around?”

“Ages,” Shinichi replied, “but those who have seen his face say he looks like a teenager. He sometimes disappears for ten or twenty years at a time.”

Definitely a monster. “When exactly is he supposed to arrive?”

“11:11,” he answered. “Like I said, he’s exact.”

“Down to the minute.”

Hai. The note said, ‘At 11:11 tonight, I will take the Jade Rabbit.’”

My stomach did a flip. “Did you say ‘Jade Rabbit’?”

“Yeah. Unoriginal, I know.”

The Jade Rabbit was the reason my dad chose this place. (Well, sort of.) Being a precious stone, Jade was perfect for holding a monster’s soul. Earlier that day during rehearsal, I snuck away to take care of it myself. It’s a tricky bit of magic that involves transferring the soul of a recently slain monster into the object from my hidden twin blades. Why would the thief want that particular object? More to the point, how did he pick the same object my dad had?

“Is there anything special to this Jade Rabbit?” I asked. “Anything to set it apart from other jewels?”

Shinichi looked confused but speculative. “Not that I know of. It’s probably big, though.”

Not really. “It uh… it must be expensive,” I said, trying to cover up my emotions. “That’s probably why the thief wants it.”

“Probably,” he said slowly.

“Well, I gotta go perform again,” I said quickly. “It was nice talking to you.” I turned away before he got in a reply.

“It was nice to meet you.”

Nice talking with you? Idiot! Now he thinks you’re after the Jade! I berated myself as I hurried over to the baby grand. I didn’t really have to be on stage for another fifteen minutes, but there was no way I was staying after that awkward line of conversation. I went into the room set aside for me and my dad. It was void of people, and a nice long table had been set up with food. I grabbed a few snacks, filled my glass with some sort of sparkling water, and relaxed on the couch to think.

Current date/time is 10/6/2024, 10:27 am