A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+36
Crazy
SkyWarriorDragon
hunterofartemis726
SilverMoon
Nero
proxyboy
BlackJack123
GwrachSeren
Not Matt Smith
Snuffleasaurus
GavinP
Ness99
Blaze
nix
honey
Amy Pond
Nemesis
ellinechase
ML
Haiden
Kendall
Dorkette
Edgar Allan Poe
Tyrannic
Arcas
Mason
Belle Mclean
Steve Rogers
Onestar11
Bradley
Dangeresque
magnetonrobo
Aisling Blaise
w3zmeriz3
Kasi
Demivamp
40 posters

Wandering around the Library

Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2766
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Wandering around the Library - Page 27 Empty Re: Wandering around the Library

Post by Snuffleasaurus 8/12/2012, 3:28 pm

I nodded. "See you later then," I limped out
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

Post by Blaze 8/12/2012, 3:29 pm

Zex waved and left after her.
    Crazy
    Crazy
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5403
    Registration date : 2011-04-16

Post by Crazy 8/14/2012, 5:36 pm

I walk in and go to the way back where no one hardly ever goes. I move the dust around looking for a certen book. I find it and pull it out. I flip open the cover and find a folded pecie of paper. I read it then place it in my bag. I look around and find the other book. I repete the process and end up with two pecies of paper. I look around and leave.

Post by Guest 9/3/2012, 11:49 am

I walk in. I loved the smell of old books. I looked in the tiny purse i just bought. There were still three drachma, a little toy pegasus, and wait, whats that? Library card?WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My plan:Take a many books as I can carry and check them out! The Phantom tollbooth,Hunger Games, Secrets of droon, Warriors,and Wednesday tales until i couldn't carry anymore! I checked out and left.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 9/11/2012, 10:22 pm

Benjamin strolled briskly out of the library, his long, dark grey coat swirling around his legs and his aristocratic nose in a book. He impatiently pushed the dark curls from his eyes, trying to read even faster. His eyes, sea foam green today, darted across one page, then the next, then the next in a matter of seconds. He most certainly was not paying any attention at all to where he was going. He really didn't care as long as at some point he got back to his bunk. Benjamin would have liked to block out the rest of the world, but he really couldn't. He noticed everything.
    It was, in a way, his figurative curse.
    As he walked, though his eyes were focused on the thick, heavy book in his long hands, he noticed how the leaves were already beginning to turn gold and red and brown. They would start falling in approximately three weeks. He noticed the smudge of a shoe and the tiny speck of blood on the ground; someone had fallen and scraped their knee.
    Yet what he somehow, inexplicably failed to notice was the girl heading right his way.

Post by Guest 9/12/2012, 5:12 pm

ooc: roleplay w/ stella?
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/12/2012, 5:27 pm

ooc; Sorry, I'm waiting for someone to post :/
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5164
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Post by WolfGirl 9/12/2012, 7:28 pm

Erin's face was set in a frown of contemplation as she hurried along the well-worn trek to the library. There was no real path or walkway that lead up to the doors, but there was a pretty traditional route that the campers took to get there. Where hundreds of campers before here had walked, the grass was worn away and the dark earth beneath it smooth and packed. What leaves came to rest there usually either blew away, or became part of the ground within a few days.

Her long, warm brown hair fell slightly into her face and she made no move to brush it away. She felt safer when she was protected behind her hair, though why she would never be able to explain. Dark eyes fixed on the ground and hands deep in her tattered jean's pockets, she walked with the hesitant gait of one who had no real goal in mind. Wandering just for the sake of it, she mentally blocked out all but the sight of her own feet moving steadily forward.

She was dressed in worn light blue sneakers with white laces that were tied in a single knot, though a double would have been more effective in keeping them knotted, seeing as her left shoe was slightly lose. The jeans she was dressed in were a size to big and had several grass stains and a slight rip around the right knee that she had gotten one time when she lost her balance while crossing the creep. The frayed threads hung limply, dejectedly. On top, she wore a black t-shirt with a purple penguin sitting on the words 'The Downtown Fiction' printed on it in large lettering. The penguin was wearing geeky glasses. She felt extremely insecure without her brother's jacket, but though she looked slightly anxious, nothing else gave that away.

There wasn't any reason that could be justified, but she was simply caught up in her thoughts and tuning things out as she walked along that she didn't see the boy walking towards her. If she had, she probably would have run in the opposite direction. She and guys did not mix well... and she had Pothos to blame for that. Stupid aura of attraction... It was killing her life. Anyway, she didn't see him until too late to avoid him.

At the last minute, she heard the approaching footsteps and looked up, letting out a soft exclamation of shock, before running smack into him.

Erin's amazing t-shirt that I envy with a passion:

ooc: And here I am! Sorry that took so long! :D
    >Cue the dramatic drum roll!
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/12/2012, 7:49 pm

Benjamin simply looked down at the girl, who bounced right off him. His eyes held the slightest bit of annoyance; he'd been reading and she'd interrupted him. He sighed silently, in his mind. A cursory glance--she was insecure, at least right now. Had a brother, regretted not tying her shoe laces right, walking with no real purpose. Smile now, ordinary people smile, he thought, so the muscles in his face obeyed and he smiled. "I apologise," His deep, low voice rumbled from his chest. "I should have seen you."
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/12/2012, 8:24 pm

The first thing that Erin noticed was that he had a truly enormous book in his hands that he had clearly been reading as he walked down from the library. The second thing she noticed was his appearance. His hair was a dark shade of brown and curly, which she usually didn't find appealing, but it went well with his well chiseled features and aristocratic face. His smile looked forced, but she didn't comment. What caught her were his eyes. She couldn't tell if they were an icy blue, pearly gray, or pale gray. What really struck her was that they were calm and calculating, as if they were trying to analyze her. His voice was a low, deep rumble and seem to come from deep inside his chest.

"My fault," Erin murmured, as her mental defenses kicked in and a wary glint lit her dark eyes. "I should have watched were I was going."

ooc: Sorry if that seemed like power play when she ran into him, but I figured that the limitations of humans would prevent either of them from avoiding it... :D
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/13/2012, 9:08 am

Benjamin allowed her apology, nodding. It'd be tedious to argue. As he swiftly analysed her, he realised there was something unsettling about her, but he couldn't find out what it was, and that irritated and interested him at the same time. It must be something about her godly parentage; it was impossible to make anything more than a guess at that. Mark had been right. Tucking his book under his arm, he offered the girl his hand. If he were to find anything out, introductions were the best way to go about it.
    "Benjamin Holmes, son of Athena." He told her, putting on that friendly-ish smile he always gave ordinary people.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/13/2012, 4:42 pm

Erin automatically shook his hand, but there was a hesitant quality nevertheless. She was afraid to touch him, afraid that he would be affected like all the others, afraid that he would grow to hate her for her uncontrollable power. She didn't want to make him hate her, but she also was wearily of her voluntary solitude. After several years, she had gotten used to it, but humans weren't wired to be continually alone. Stupid social genes. Maybe he would be different... but could she take that risk?

"Name's Erin Elizabeth," she said, not telling him her last name. She hated the way that it tied her to the mother that had abandoned her. After a brief hesitation, she told him her father's name. It was better to just say it and get it over with. Hiding what she was wouldn't do the slightest good; just the opposite. "Daughter of Pothos." Well, at least most people didn't know who that god was or what he stood for.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/13/2012, 4:54 pm

"God of sexual desire." He said simply. Ah, that explained it. "You don't like it." He deduced, not even trying to verify. He was always right. "Don't worry; I'm usually said to be an asexual idiot monster, by the Aphrodite cabin." He shrugged, uncaring. That wasn't exactly true, but for the stupidity of those girls, he was glad to let the rumour circulate. Laura, the Aphrodite child in question, had been clever, but she cared, and caring was not an advantage. In any case, he most certainly did not return the interest.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/13/2012, 5:06 pm

No, she didn't like it and that was a severe understatement. It got under her skin, the way it warped the way other people saw her and even responded to her presence. She wasn't like the Aphrodite girls, who would probably do anything for a little 'fun'. If Erin ever found someone, she wanted someone who wouldn't want her for her body or who wasn't attracted to her because of her stupid dad. She wanted mutual understanding and respect in a relationship, not the reverse.

"How did you become an 'asexual idiot monster'?" Erin asked him with faint amusement. "I knew Aphrodite was low on brains, but that's an all time low."

She had made a band reference, but didn't expect him to understand it. Benjamin didn't exactly look like a guy who could be found listening to alternative bands. Reading was more like it, judging from the enormity of the volume in his hands.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/13/2012, 5:23 pm

The corners of Benjamin's pulled up into a smirk, and this one wasn't false. "I suppose they're all like that." He sensed she wanted to know how Laura had come to that conclusion. "There was a girl, Laura. I helped her get out of a... situation she was in, and she was under the impression that I was attracted to her. She very nearly got me into a mess involving the whole camp, but then I realised she was attracted to me, though why, I can't begin to imagine. Laura was not pleased when I explained to her that her romance was completely delusional and I did not feel anything for her." He chuckled slightly at the memory. He had spoken far too much about himself.
    "How is your brother? Did he take the jacket back?" He asked her, shrugging out of his own coat. The sun had come out and it had gotten too warm. He wore an aubergine button up dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up. His dark jeans were clean and new-looking, which they were. But he'd noticed that one article of Erin's clothing was missing, and that was a jacket.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/14/2012, 6:53 am

Erin had been about to smile at his explanation of being an asexual idiot monster, but then he asked about her brother and she suddenly grew wary. How had he known she had a brother? And not quite as important, how did he know that she was missing his blue windbreaker? It meant the world to her, but she hadn't mentioned anything about it or William yet. In fact, she had never even intended to. So who was this guy who seemed to know her without having to ask? Some sort of teenage Sherlock? Well, at least his last name fit the bill.

"William is serving overseas in Iraq," Erin murmured, meeting Benjamin's eyes with a brief flash of pride.

She was proud of her brother for even daring to enlist, but privately, she was always worried that she was going to receive a letter sooner or later telling of his death. And what then? Will was just about the only person in the world to genuinely care about her and they still tried to get messages to each other, despite the oceans between them.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/14/2012, 8:27 pm

Benjamin nodded. "And yes, I have been compared many times to Sherlock Holmes." He murmured, almost absently. This girl was proving to be interesting. He would have thought that she'd be much more scared for her brother's well-being than she proved to be. He had anticipated and expected the pride in her tone, however. Interesting.
    "Walk with me, please." He added the 'please' as an afterthought, and swooped off, hands in his pockets, the book still snugly tucked in between his arm and his body.
    Erin was interesting, at least mildly, and Benjamin intended to know the whys and hows.

ooc; Sorry for the long wait, darling.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/14/2012, 10:38 pm

Erin was starting to get used to the way that he seemed to be able to read her mind... though his methods reminded her largely of Vezzini from the book The Princess Bride. The way Vezzini seemed to almost be able to read minds was through a simple process of logic and deduction, and since Ben's mother was Athena, she guessed that he was using similar tactics to guess her thoughts. Well, at least she felt a little bit safer, having figured that part out.

Walk with him? To where? Eh, it didn't matter and he had aroused her interest by this point. At at least he had said 'please', which was more than most teenagers she knew would bother to do. However, it wasn't like she knew many teenagers; she just tended to observe them from the shadows, out of sight and out of mind. With a quick nod, she changed course to walk next to him, matching her pace to his. His legs were longer than hers, but she had no difficulty keeping up with his longer stride. She was naturally fast, despite her relatively short height.

"Do you like Sherlock Holmes any?" Erin asked him curiously. For one who had to be constantly compared to the famous detective, she was interested to see what his answer would be. Would he admire him and be proud to be in association with the fictional character, or would he resent the constant comparison?

ooc: No worries!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

Post by sienna 9/16/2012, 5:12 pm

I walked up and down the long rows of book shelves. not really looking for anything but more thinking. About my friends, Seattle, My dad, whom i haven't seen in years. I wasn't paying attention to where i was going and walked strait into a bookcase "OW!" i exclaimed rubbing my nose it wasn't broken but it still hurt. "stupid clumsiness" I muttered
    Frustrated i leave.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/17/2012, 9:23 pm

Benjamin allowed himself a small smile, though genuine. "His methods are much like mine, yes. I suppose I admire him, in a sense." He thought of the first time someone had called him that, meant as an insult. He'd mulled it over for less than two seconds and decided he didn't mind, rather he liked it. Sherlock Holmes was a genius.

They reached the Athena cabin, and he darted in, threw his book down on his bed, and darted out. "Right," He flashed a grin at Erin, "How about we get out of camp for an hour or so, for coffee?" He suggested. He actually found the matter of going for coffee with someone-who-wasn't-Mark tolerable. Besides, he wanted to know more about Erin.

ooc; Oh my god darling, I am soooooo sorry for not posting for that whole long time! I promise to post as often as I can, but I'm kind of up to my neck in bloody homework.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/18/2012, 5:01 pm

Erin wondered if she should be suspicious and withdraw from the situation while she still could, or just go with the flow. After a moment of anxious deliberation, she decided to heck with caution. Ben seemed nice so far, and he didn't act like the type to do anything horrible. Of course, he was an unfamiliar demigod and there was no real guarantee that she could trust him, but she'd go nowhere in life if she constantly hid from her problems. It just wasn't a good solution.

Instead of making up a hasty excuse, she smiled at him. "Sounds like a plan," she said. Her smile was the uncertain, shy smile of one who didn't smile much and had trouble really remembering how. But it was natural, and her first real smile of a long time.

"Head out now or later?" she asked him. She kinda wanted to leave sooner rather than later, because delay would give her time to really think this through and get herself worked up into a state of nerves, which was not generally a good thing.

ooc: Ugh, you too? No worries! I totally understand and I wouldn't have been able to reply anyway.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/18/2012, 6:10 pm

ooc; I'll start a new thread in New York.

bic; "Brilliant!" He grinned, when she smiled and said it sounded like a plan. "We should most definitely go now. I'm so bored." He said, with the slightest trace of whinging. He also suspected she'd chicken out if they waited.

"I've got some dollars," He told her, the word sounding strange in his mouth since it was not English, it was very American, "in my pocket. I'll pay; don't try to protest, it won't work." He said rapidly, an excited sort of glint in his eyes. Finally, he didn't have to be bored anymore. Then he was swooshing off, somehow knowing Erin would follow.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/18/2012, 6:54 pm

Erin's tentative smile widened at the faint whine to his voice. He looked to old to still have that childish whine, but guys rarely seemed to really grow up. And anyway, she still had some old kiddy habits. Age didn't really matter in the situation; personality did.

When he took off from the cabin circle, she followed him with a faint: "Hey!" of surprise. Was he going to leave her? Had he just been mocking her or something? But no... Ben wasn't like that. She could easily have caught up to him, running being her strength, but made herself stay just behind him so as not to damage his little masculine ego.

ooc: Got it.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 9/18/2012, 6:58 pm

ooc; Oh snap: 'Little masculine ego.'
    Benjamin doesn't have a 'little masculine ego,' he's got a massive genius's ego.
    Do your research. <3
    Posted in the cafe, just in case you didn't see it.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 9/18/2012, 7:06 pm

ooc: I'll remember that. :D
    I saw it, no worries. I was almost done posting when my danged computer screen froze. Talk about frustration. Anywhop, just finishing it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 6:29 am