A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

The Edge of the Fields

Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female
    Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

The Edge of the Fields Empty The Edge of the Fields

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/7/2013, 9:25 pm

Mo rushes into the fields without looking back, tears streaming across her face. Gritting her teeth, she wanted to leave this camp. It reminded her too much of her mother, of that fairy tale past she lived as a small child. She ignore everything around her and kept running, trying to forget. It was too overwhelming. She kept her arms around herself.
    "Mo!" Cray called out following from ten yards behind her.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

The Edge of the Fields Empty Re: The Edge of the Fields

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/7/2013, 9:39 pm

"Mo! Cray! wait!" They can't leave, their mother told them this for a reason... I just need to find it!

Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/9/2013, 1:25 am

Cray looks around behind him to see Jason but keeps running. After a second, Cray realizes, Mo probably doesn't want Jason to be there. He felt pain for his sister but he kept running with his own tears starting to come down. "Stupid overemotional freak," he said to himself quietly. "Mo!"

OOC: I'm gonna be gone awhile cause of reasons. Probably not too long but that'll "explain" my absence if you're wondering.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/9/2013, 2:16 pm

"troubles?"
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/16/2013, 1:13 pm

Cray wipes the tears from his face and tries to summon a native plant to some how stop his sister, but he isn't sure what plants were native to the area so he tried to recall his mom's lessons on botany.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/16/2013, 6:30 pm

"Thats what it is!" I look at the plant. Oh gods, no way! I look at the cloudy sky. My dad is planning something.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/24/2013, 4:58 pm

Mo looks up, still sniffling. She pulled out the Gladius her mom had given her out of it's sheath. She wanted it to end. She wanted to see her mom again. But her brother would never let her do that. She wasn't thinking how it could effect her brother if she died.
    "MO!" Cray yells. He caught a glimpse of a gold blade. "DON'T!" He quickly abandoned his attempt to summon a plant. Unfaltering, Cray sprinted to his sister. His black glasses fell off his face and crunched beneath his feet, but Cray didn't care.
    He was a few feet from his sister when she suddenly pointed her sword at herself. "One more step and I'll do it." Mo threataned.
    "Mom sacrificed herself to keep us alive! Don't make the sacrifice in vain!" Cray explained. "Either way, if I step forward or not, you'll kill yourself." Cray was concentrating on using his power to summon digitalis, also known as foxglove. Mo was allergic to foxglove, Cray hoped it would stop her.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/25/2013, 9:10 pm

"Oh god!" My hand fell to my sword, but that would not work. "Mo, think of Cray! What will he do! Think of your mother! She would not want you to go this way! What if she were watching? Well, she is! She is still here! Suicides are not welcome in Hell! You would be..." I stopped. I have been on the verge of suicide. I don't know how I got out of it, but here I am. "Don't make Cray suffer again." I say calmly.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/26/2013, 10:00 pm

"How do you know?!" Mo cried out.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/27/2013, 6:16 pm

"How do I know what? any of that? It is hard to ignore"
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/29/2013, 9:13 pm

She plunged the sword into her chest and let it be over with. She staggered backwards and fell into her brother's arms, coughing up a little blood. She smiled slightly and somehow managed to whisper "I . . . see mom, she's . . . sad" before her face went slack and her breath slowed to a stop.

Cray set her down as it began to rain lightly. All this time, he had been holding back his tears for her. But now, it was for nothing. Quite loudly, he sobbed, tears falling onto his sister's dead face. When Cray managed to close his sister's gold green eyes, he abruptly stood, letting his sister's dark brown hair flutter to the ground. "What the hell did I do wrong?" He wanted to punch the world and all the monsters in the face. He wanted his mom back. He wanted his sister back. He wanted it to be normal. Quickly he resumed sobbing.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 3:38 pm

I dashed over to mo, resting my hand on the sword in her chest. "Cray, I need you to leave her. I need you to go find help. I will take her to the infirmary." I slide my arms under her limp body, holding her tight to my chest. I remove the sword. I start to walk back toward the city, feeling mo's dead blood seeping to my shirt.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 3:48 pm

OOC: Switching to first person.

I stood there, eyes wide in disbelief. Tears tickled down my eyes as the rain clumped together my hair. "There's nothing we can do. Even if we save her, she'll put me in this situation, again. I hate to say this . . . But it's useless." I say. Not daring to look at her again, y face is still turned. "I can't do this." Realizing I sounded like . . . her, I quickly said "It's my fault. Living through it is my punishment, my torture."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 4:37 pm

"There is no torture on earth, just people who think there is. You CAN live trough it, Your mother would not want both of you in Hell. I know there is no hope, but there is proper burial. How do you want to do this?" I look at the body in my hands.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 4:53 pm

"She's always loved plants, she takes after mom," I say, smiling as I thought of all those memories we played around the world, traveling together. "There has to be plants where she's buried. Just not fox glove, she was allergic. "Somewhere with plants. Ya, she'll like that." Not looking at Mo was all I could do to stop from feeling terrible. The rain seemed to let up from a shower into a sprinkle. The clouds were breaking so I could see the sky a tiny bit. "Heh, she always loved this kind of weather." I take one deep breath and turn to face Jason. "Okay, I think I'm ready. I'll carry Mo."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 6:44 pm

"You sure?" I ask, slowly walking closer to Cray. " Just be careful, and watch the wound. Don't let too much blood get to you. It may be infected." I let him take charge of the limp figure.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 7:13 pm

This felt right. I should be the one to carry her to her final resting place. I'm Mo's brother after all. I scooped up the, dare I say, corpse into my arms. But Mo still seemed like she would wake up any second from a terrible, nasty dream and ask me to comfort her and lull her back to sleep. Besides the giant wound in her chest, you could imagine her still breathing and laughing and smiling.

"I can do this," I say. "She's my sister." With that I began to carry Mo to a more wooded area. Being at the edge of the fields was a blessing. I don't think I could have carried her if we were still in the middle.

When I get to a spot where there is a few trees, I set down Mo's body. I begin to cry, again. This might be the last time I see her. I summon a local flower though the only flower I can remember that Mo liked was the Limnanthes vinculans. I concentrated, but it was difficult to hone in on the blossom. Either I was tired from using my powers or the flower wasn't as native as I assumed it was. When I summoned the Sebastopol meadow foam, I felt slightly dizzy and tired. I plucked up the flower to then kneel down. Pushing back Mo's hair gently, I placed the flower behind her ear. I smile. "We need something to place her body in." I turn back to Jason. "Got any shovels?"

Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 7:36 pm

"No, but I got the lightning..." I say, gesturing toward the sky. Thunder rolled in the distance. " Could hollow out a spot in the ground... We would have to fill it in ourselves though." I say that softly, I was not sure if he cared. I picked some of the flowers and made it into a bouquet. I rested her hands on the flowers on her chest, covering the wound. "You want me to use the lightning?" I ask.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 7:49 pm

"That could cause a fire . . ." I point out. I didn't exactly want my sister to be cremated by a forest fire. Fire always destroyed the plants and nature, which is why Mo never wanted to be cremated. It was so touching how much she loved life and nature. "I'm not even sure if it's possible to cause a giant gaping hole with lightning. If you think it will work and not cause a fire, please do try."

I sigh as I wait for Jason to attempt blasting a hole in the ground. But quickly, I remembered to move Mo's body first. "Now try."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 7:52 pm

"I am not sure either, but I am too lazy to dig the hole myself." I extend my hand in the air and feel a shock of energy rush through me. To my left there is a crater, and no fire. My head spun. "ta da"
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 8:10 pm

"Wow," I say amazed. "We have to put her in now, I guess." I scoop Mo up letting my tears fall onto her face. She's so cold now. I st her in the hole, laying out with the flowers still in hand. I stand in front of her grave. "Mo, you were the best sister I had. The only sister I had. But of all the sisters in the world, you were still the best. I regret many things when we were kids hoping that I could have stopped you from falling out of that tree or prevented you from breaking your leg. But, now I know, that pain made you stronger. And if you you only had more life experience, maybe you wouldn't have made this choice. Maybe you would have, we'll never know. So, I just hope I can remember your laugh and smile as time passes on. I hope you end up somewhere good."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 8:13 pm

"She will be." I assure him, resting my hand on his shoulder.
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 8:15 pm

"Honestly, I'm a bit doubtful, she didn't exactly die as a hero. he gods will probably think she died selfishly. To stop her pain." I say.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/30/2013, 8:28 pm

"She is" I clear my throat "was young. But that is what she did. I do not want to be mean when I say she deserves what she gets. Sorry. Do you want me to go ahead and bury her?"
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 3/30/2013, 8:30 pm

"Let's go and bury her," I say without enthusiasm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 12:34 am