A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Fight at the creek

Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male
    Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2013-06-07

Fight at the creek Empty Fight at the creek

Post by Gimli00 7/1/2013, 11:29 pm

Woods weren't really my style, it was to hard and not fluid at all. The only water here was the small creek that was usually used as the boundary line for capture the flag. The place I usually guarded because of my control over the water. It was crisp and clean thanks to all the water spirits, oh those girls where hot.

I took a step into the water and was rushed with power. Not as much as when I'm in the ocean but just enough to make a difference. My blue Camp Half-Blood shirt started to move as the wind picked up. My shirt was blue from all the time it had been in the ocean and had one day just permanently stayed that way. Like usual the only armer I had on was my arm protecters. I was about to take them off when I heard something in the forest and in this place that's not a good thing. I draw my duel swords and yelled "Hello?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Fight at the creek Empty Re: Fight at the creek

Post by Ryger17 7/1/2013, 11:39 pm

I come walking through the trees taking random swings at vines and bushes. I decided to blow off some leftover steam in the forest after a extremely short trip to New Zealand. It was fun but all of the other demigods suddenly left and I hate being left alone with mortals. I got distracted and my Camp t-shirt got snagged on a tree branch. I stumbled into a bush then heard a voice ask, "Hello?"

I peek out and I see a boy wearing a blue Camp Half. He had black hair like mine and green eyes. I assumed he was the son of a sea god or goddess. I had two swords drawn, so I stepped out slowly; I held my Stygian iron sword in my right hand in case anything went downhill fast.

"Easy there," I said, "It just another camper. My name Christian Spencer and I don't want any trouble."
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/1/2013, 11:48 pm

"The forest is trouble dude. It's where we all go when we're pissed, depressed, or looking for some fun. The question is which you are." I don't lower my swords, something I learned quick when I lived on the street. You never ever expose yourself and hey maybe I can mess with this guy. He was obviously a son of Death himself with his black hair and the Stygian Iron sword in his hand. He did have a gesture of peace but what fun is that? "So why are you out here anyway?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/1/2013, 11:56 pm

"I just got back from a disappointing trip and decided I wanted to blow off some steam." I stab my sword into the ground and sit down on a stump. "I really can't stand being around a bunch of campers or people for that matter."

This guy seemed to have some sort of trust issues, I have the same problem. "So," I said trying to get him to talk, "Who is your godly parent? Mine in Thanatos, god of death."

I stared at him with my red eyes, hoping to maybe show him I'm not one to mess with. This kid looked like he knew how to handle those swords.
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/2/2013, 12:22 am

I stare at him for a second shocked that he let his guard down like that. I lowered my swords but don't put them away. I didn't notice his eyes before but now there were plain to see. They were red, maybe a little unnerving for normal people but I'm not normal. No one is this camp was normal and why? Our parents which braught me back to his question. " My dad's Aegaeus the god of sea storms." I say bitterly. Me and my dad did not get along sence I had desided to fight for the gods in the Titan War, against my dad. What did I get for doing this? I became a cast out because my dad faught for the Titans, to be not trusted, hated even. The wind started to blow harder and water started to lift out of the creek. I realized what I did and stopped the wind. The water dropped to the ground a little bit fell on Christian and I couldn't help but laugh and say sarcastically "  Sorry I guess the trees like to rain."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/2/2013, 11:43 am

I brushed the water off my sleeve, "It's just water."

This kid has some powers. Maybe he has some just like Percy. I decided it would probably be a good idea to not piss him off.

"So," I start, picking some bark off the stump, "What are you doing out here in the forest?" I kick a pine-cone into the river. "It is not the ideal place to hang around. Plenty of monsters and such that would love to make a meal out of you."
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/2/2013, 4:09 pm

I watched as he just brushed to water off his sleeve not even caring, something most people would have been upset about. I actually kind of hoped he would get mad so I could at least get some fun out of this. All of the people here at camp were either haters, morons, or both. All of them to afraid of me to actually confront me but would talk behind my back. This kid seemed deferent, he didn't fear me like the others but being a son of Thanatos kind of helped him out with that. 

He then asked what all people ask when I'm out here, what am I doing with all the "scary monsters" around? They could hurt you! Please maybe for someone else but not me. I turn and say.  "That's exactly why I'm out here. I'm waiting for some stupid monster to show up so I can blow him up!" I yell the last part out into the forest wishing some monster would just jump out and attack me but nothing does. I turn back to Christian and add " If you can't tell I'm here to blow off some steam too." 
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/2/2013, 4:42 pm

"You seem violent," I said showing a small smile, "You really can't blow them up with swords. You need dynamite or something like that."

He seemed like he was getting close to being someone I could hang out with. He just need a friend was my guess.

"There are some monsters here that I wouldn't recommend attracting." I held a hand up before he could interrupt. "Believe me, no demigod, no matter how strong, could face one off those."
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/2/2013, 5:03 pm

I could tell he knew what he was talking about but he didn't know me. He didn't know what I had to face when we fought the Titans. The monsters I killed in the hundreds. Let alone the one when I was just on my own, I shuddered at the thought.  "I've seen enough monsters in my life to know how to handle them and who's to say I don't have bombs with me?" as i say this i drop one of ny swords and pull out 3 pots of Greek fire; pretty cock of me I know but that's how I am. " If those monsters do beat me well they'll have to go through these first to kill me." I say smiling.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/2/2013, 6:00 pm

I raise an eyebrow, slightly impressed. This kid seemed to know what he was doing, I mean about monster protection. But it would take more than a couple of pots of Greek fire to kill a drakon. He was a little bit overconfident in his abilities. First rule you always learn, there is always something better than you.

"Good back-up plan, but very dangerous. That much Greek fire could possibly reach the camp and we won't be able to stop it." I picked some more bark of the stump. "Believe me those are quite dangerous."
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/2/2013, 6:21 pm

I shrug back him " Well that's the fun part isn't it?chances are we'll all die by age 20 so why not have some fun while we're alive? Christian was careful, understandable, but I've seen careful people be to careful and get themselves killed for taking to long. That's not how I roll, you get it over with quickly . You either die or live and I'm still alive for that.

" They only let things in here that are somewhat easy to kill. It's not like there going to bring in a Hydra or Hell Hound. At any rate are you going to help me kill a few monsters or walk away?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/2/2013, 6:27 pm

I smiled. This kid has guts, but no brains. At least he has the sense not to go fighting alone. I grab onto the hilt of my sword and, using it as a cane, stood up.

"If were going to die, let it be known we did it in style." I said pulling my sword out of the ground, "Which way?"
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/2/2013, 7:04 pm

I had learned as a child on the streets to watch your surroundings there was always some one or something watching you no matter were you go. I was a bit surprised that he had not heard the hissing behind him. I had also felt the water as the monsters had slid over the creek.

" No where they're right behind you." just as I say this two huge vipers crash into the clearing. They were a bit slow because of their size and I noticed the two snakes had made a huge circle around us so we couldn't escape. I put away the Greek Fire and picked up my other sword. It shined like it knew what was coming. " You ready to party?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/3/2013, 12:00 am

I nodded and turned to face one of the vipers. It hissed eyeballing me up. "Well bring it," I taunted. With that anger flashed in it's eyes and it lunged at me. I side-stepped and hit the viper in the back of the head with my hilt. It collapsed momentarily then got back up. It lunged again and I decided to finish it. With one quick strike, I decapitated the viper. It dissolved in the dust all monster dissolve into. All that were left were a pair of fangs, my spoils of war. I picked them up and pocketed them.
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/3/2013, 9:04 am

The other snake turned to me and seemed to hesitate for a second ,something I just got done making fun of, before it lunged at me. But in that time that it hesitated I pulled out one of my pots of Greek Fire and as I dodge the snake I tossed the pot into the snake mouth. It raised back up as if to strike at me again but did a double take as it started to burn on the inside out. After a few seconds it crumbled leaving my spoils of war for me to pick up the fangs. I turn back to Christian and say " Fun, right? You ready for round two?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/3/2013, 11:52 am

"You got lucky with that Greek fire," I dipped my sword into the river, rinsing it off monster dust. "That was a once in a life-time shot to get it down the viper's throat."

I stumbled over a tree root walking back to Zek. "I meant to do that," I said quickly, "Let's go find some monsters."
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/3/2013, 1:37 pm

" I could fight monsters all day. " I comment back to him. I realized I'd had a lot  "once in a lifetime shot" in my life. It was one of the oldest tricks in the book to do to monsters. They always worry about your sword, or dagger, or spear that your holding not something, like Greek Fire, that you just throw at them.

We walked up the stream a little bit more but couldn't find any monsters, so typically I sat down in the water. Hey when you're a demigod monsters come to you, especially two really powerful ones at that. I turn to Christian and ask " So you got any family?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/3/2013, 1:58 pm

I sat down on the sand next to the river, "I don't know any more. I ran away when I was six. I haven't seen my mom in 10 years. We really didn't get along that well. She would always yell hurtful things at me for ruining her life with all the monster attacks and other demigod issues."

I thought back on my life. I ran away at six and couple of weeks later accidentally killed another underworld demigod, thus getting my sword. Staying on the run for most of my life until a satyr dragged me to camp. I haven't left since. Not the kind of life someone would want to live.

I throw a rock into the river, "What about you? Got any family?"
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/3/2013, 3:20 pm

I sat and listen to him talk about his past and the problems he had. All of us demigods had a hard life between a few with our family dying, or getting hated by our own parents because they didn't want us. The gods fell in love with some mortal then all Hades breaks loose. They leave us and our family to survive by ourselves and like me your family gets killed for it." I don't have any family, my mom was murdered when I was 12, I've been living by myself since." I said as the memories spiraled around in my head. The thought of my mom made me want to go to the Underworld and just shred all the monsters apart down there. I leapt of the ground as I heard another snap of a branch. I turn to Christian and ask " Ready for round two?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/4/2013, 1:48 pm

When he mentioned the death of his mom, I actually felt sorry for him. He was a kid who seemed to have a normal life before she died. He almost didn't have to live like us, he had someone who cared for him. He sat there silently in his thoughts, no doubt on his past life.

A snap of a branch brought us to our feet. Zek asked, "Ready for round two?" I held my finger to my lips and pointed to some cover towards the sound and we slowly moved forward. I crouched behind a tree, Zek behind a bush. We exchanged a silent nod and jumped into the clearing.

A couple of startled Dryads yelped and poofed into green dust. I sighed and lowered my sword, "Just some tree nymphs."

I kicked the broken branch at my feet. Those stupid nymphs got us up for nothing. I turned to say something to Zek when the hellhound hit me.
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/4/2013, 2:21 pm

I thought back to when I said they didn't have hellhounds in the woods, well [CENSORED]. I sliced at the hellhound that was on Christian making it back up, I looked around knowing it wasn't alone, they never were. Another jumped out of the forest and tried to land on me, I rolled to the side and tried to slice at it but it jumped away into the forest again. I ran into the water and felt a surge of strength, show time. In a matter of seconds the wind picked up and started turning the water into a water tornado. The sky turned dark and started thundering as the wind picked up even more then it was. That's when the hellhound jumped at me again. I rolled again but this time I went forward and used the water to blast me skyward. Using the momentum I stabbed both of my swords into the belly of the huge dog then the water tore it apart into dust. I turned and watched Christian fight with the trees wiping around in the wind.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/4/2013, 7:41 pm

My first thought, What in Hades hit me? My second, Holy Hephaestus I'm going to die. I laid there awaiting death when the hellhound jump off of me. I scrambled to my feet and noticed the pain in my left arm. I looked at the three long gashes left by the claws. I looked back up, picked up my sword, and looked at one of the hellhound, who snarled at me.

I saw Zek destroy another hellhound in a matter of seconds. "Well," I said swinging my sword in a circle, "Looks like it's just you and me."

The hellhound growled and jumped at me, claws extended. I rolled off to the side and took a swipe at it's flank. It jumped out of the way and swung a paw at me. I got my sword up to block it, but it was more powerful than I assumed it would be. I flew away and smacked into the side of a tree. I slowly got up to my knees and see the hellhound flying through the air towards me. I fall backward and put my sword in front of me. The hellhound lands on it, yelps, and turns into dust.

I get back to my feet, "Well, that was troublesome." My left arm twinges with pain and I remember the gashes. I rip off the sleeves of my t-shirt and tie them around the wound. "That should do for now. Want to go find some more monsters?"
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/4/2013, 9:12 pm

I watched with interest as Christian handled the hellhound, I thought about helping him for a minute but hey I ain't no body's mommy. He stumbles back raising his sword and stabs the hellhound, well let's it fall on him. After he's taped up he asks for more monsters, I was really starting to like this guy a lot.His arm had a few claw marks but other then that he looked good. I felt I wouldn't be so lucky the next round but if that was my fate then I'd stab fate back in the face."Sure thing man, you ready for another one?" 
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/4/2013, 10:17 pm

Blood started to soak through my temporary bandage and my arm started to itch, but I ignored it. I stabbed my sword into the ground and tightened the bandage. I roll my shoulders and walk in a circle. Getting tackled by a hellhound does not do good for your body, it left me all stiff.

"Alright, Zek. Where to?" I picked up my sword and rested the blade on my shoulder. The sun was starting to descend below the treeline, it was getting colder too. "We might want to hurry."
    Gimli00
    Gimli00

Male

Post by Gimli00 7/4/2013, 11:21 pm

"Why? Night is the best time to fight monsters, it's when the fun ones come out." I replyed back to him. "Anyway I think it's time to move a little bit away from the creek." I didn't wait for a response I just started walking deeper into the forest. I knew from past experiences that we were close to the old Titan cabin but we were still close to the creek. Without looking back I call "So where you from?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 4:47 pm