A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

The Deadly Forest

Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

The Deadly Forest  Empty The Deadly Forest

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 7:59 pm

Adam walked along the creek. He kicked the water at his feet, studying the way it moved. The rocks scattered across could not have been naturally placed, they were placed so the water would seem more rapid, the more rocks the faster it seemed. Adam bent down to run his hand through the cold water. He brought his hand to his mouth., tasting the natural fresh water. He had walked so far to get there, he really did not want to go back. Adam sat on a nearby stump, pulling out his book and reading silently. The sound of the water was soothing. It calmed him, helped him concentrate.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

The Deadly Forest  Empty Re: The Deadly Forest

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 8:11 pm

Jadyn absolutely loved the forest. Full of natural beauty, it was her favorite place to draw. She came here almost everyday, lost in her art. Her favorite place was the creek. it was a good 30 minute walk, but it was most definitely worth it. Her best drawings were here. The turquoise and ripples of the water, the trees reflected in it- she loved it. She was so caught up in her thoughts about what she would draw next, she jumped when she found a boy there, reading a book. She stared at him for a minute, twisting her naturally white hair in her fingers. The boy couldn't have been much older then her. Finally, she shouted to him, "Whatchya readin'?" Her thin German accent making the slang sound dumb.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 8:36 pm

Adam didn't jump when the German spoke to him. He looked up from his book, turning his head toward the girl who had spoken. "Just... 'The greatest children's stories'" he said, smiling at how weird that sounded. The girl looked around his age. "I'm Adam Keirson. Son of Athena." He said, offering his hand. He was never really great at making friends, but he might as well try, right? He sort of hoped she would shake it, even though he was a random teenage boy in battle armor with a sword on his waist reading a book by a creek... totally normal.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 8:49 pm

Jadyn looked at his outstretched hand, shrugged, and shook it. "Jadyn Christine, Daughter of Melinoe." Jadyn half- expected him to jump at her mothers name. The daughter of the queen of ghosts..... not exactly someone you would mingle with. At that, she plopped down at on a rock across from him, and put her sketchbook in her lap.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 9:10 pm

Adam was slightly surprised at her mothers name, but shook it off quickly. He was used to the odd parents of the demigods around here. He saw that she had a sketchbook. He thought about saying something, but just went back to his book. He was not one to pry. Soon, he finished his book and was left staring at the last page in silence, not knowing what to do or say next
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 9:15 pm

Jadyn laughed silently at his obvious discomfort. She watched as he finished the book, and stare down at the last page. "Gods, that book has to be very interesting, with you rereading that page over and over." Then she flipped open her sketchbook with one graceful move, and started to draw her shoes- the only thing that she could see if she kept her head down, trying to stay clear of eye contact.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 9:25 pm

Adam let a clear laugh out. "Yeah, I was just never good at talking to people." He said, closing the book getting to his feet. If he were alone he would practice sword-play on the nearest tree. But, sadly, he was afraid he would hack her head off if he even drew his sword. Even though he was a son of Athena, he was always better with knives. He looked down at her picture. "Nice." He half-muttered.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 9:30 pm

Jadyn looked up at him and grinned. "You like it?" She asked, holding up a photograph-looking picture of her converse shoes. When she saw his hand on his sword, she looked up at him. "Do you need help?" She asked. He didn't even need to say; all of the spirits surrounding him spoke it out clearly. Of course, he couldn't see them. If he could, he probably be dazed by the sight of the blood from the battle wounds and missing parts everywhere. Another thing she hated about being the daughter of a ghost queen: the ghosts.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 9:41 pm

"No no." He said, placing his hand in his pocket. "Sorry, I didn't really mean to... look like I am about to attack you.. I guess." He looked back at the ground. Adam played with the dirt at his feet. He would much rather be shoving his nose in some battle plans right now in his well lit cabin. Ah well, Jadyn seemed nice, and it would just be rood to dash off.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 9:53 pm

Jadyn studied Adam for a minute. Through out that minute, her smile grew wider and wider. "First of all, you didn't look like you were going to attack me. Second of all, if you did, I could totally kick your butt." She watched as he played with the dirt. She smiled up at him. "Dear Lord, you really aren't good at talking at people, are you?" Jadyn looked away. "Its alright I think this is the longest convo I've had with a living person, anyway." After she said it, she froze. 'Really, Jadyn? She thought. 'why in the name of Zeus would you say that? Its not like everyone talks to the dead.' Jadyn silently counted the seconds until he ran off.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 10:08 pm

He tilted his head to the side. "No, never was good at talking to people." He waved aside the 'I could kick your butt part...' because he knew getting into a fight with a daughter of the Ghost Queen was probably not the best idea at the moment. A smile grew on his face until his bright grey eyes sparkled. "Never this long of a conversation with a living person?" he said, tilting his head to the right. "Well, now you have, but I could hardly call this a conversation..." He said, knowing she was doing most of the talking.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 10:38 pm

Jadyn nodded with relief. "Well, if you want me to add this to my records.... you talk." She made a 'go on' gesture and smiled politely at him, waiting for him to start.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/4/2013, 10:56 pm

Oh crap., Adam thought, hanging his head. "Okay, lets see. I am best fighting with spears or knives. The sword at my waist is really a ruler..." He said, pulling the ruler out of the scabbard. "That turns into a spear..." He said, tapping the end of the ruler on the log. It transformed into a 5 foot spear that felt perfect in his hand. He felt more powerful instantly when holding the weapon. He smiled brightly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 11:03 pm

Jadyn was so fascinated by the weapon, she nearly fell over. Ten she realized she was getting off topic. "Wow," she said soundlessly. Then she looked at Adam's face. "Ok, what else?"

Last edited by Myka on 9/24/2013, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/5/2013, 3:42 pm

"Um, I was born in Ohio. I used to have a country accent... and I like horses." Adam really didn't know what else to say. What was he supposed to say? Nothing, he would just like to say nothing. He was being forced to say stuff, and he just wanted to shut his own mouth. He tapped the butt of the spear on the log, it returned to a 12 inch ruler. Adam put it back into the scabbard. He sat back down, looking at his hands like they were interesting.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/5/2013, 5:01 pm

Jadyn stared at him sideways. His discomfort was so thick, she was sure she could cut it with her knife. "Well, I suppose its time to introduce myself. I'm from Germany, as if that isn't obvious enough. I grew up with my good-for-nothing dad in a town of 250 people." She started to play with the hidden dog tags around her neck. "I've lived here since I was 8, and I can see ghost- including the one playing with your hair."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/5/2013, 5:58 pm

Adam shook his had self-consciously, sadly when he did that it did not help its un-fixable messy style at all. Sometimes he cant even keep it out of his eyes. "Stop it" He said, half muttering to the ghost that was supposedly behind him playing with his hair.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/5/2013, 6:31 pm

Jadyn wasn't lying about the ghost, so she didn't laugh when he told it to stop. She did laugh, however, when Adam shook his head, and the ghost- a young women who suffered a knife to the throat- got annoyed. "So, Adam," Stretching the 'M" out in his name, "why did you decide to stop in at the dark side of the woods on this very fine day?"
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/5/2013, 6:46 pm

"Easier to think by the creek. I like the water." Now that Adam was aware of the woman behind him, he could no shake the feeling they were being watched. That was an extremely annoying feeling. He looked over at Jadyn to see what she was doing.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/5/2013, 7:26 pm

"I like to come here and draw," Jadyn said, sweeping her hand around. She then got up, her back facing Adam, and sat at the very edge of the water, dipping her already cold hand into the freezing water.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/5/2013, 8:00 pm

"Your a good artist." He said, glancing at the photo-like drawing of her shoes. The best thing he had ever drawn was a cartoon of his mom that kind of looked like a sideways alien dog monkey thing... In other words, he was not an artist. And he liked it that way.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/5/2013, 8:09 pm

"Thanks." Jadyn didn't want to tell him that she began to draw like that when she was four.... after she saw her first ghost. An ugly, bloody thing, with ruby red blood pouring from a cut on its stomach. She drew it out, and has been making art ever since. She spun around, cross legged, facing him. She stared at him, and then started to see the angles of his face, and the way his gray eyes sparkled in harmony with his golden armour and... damn it. She hated to do this, to get lost staring at someone or something, thinking about how she would draw them. She tore her eyes away from him, staring at the ground, and hoped he hadn't noticed.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/5/2013, 8:24 pm

Adam noticed the few seconds when Jadyn stared at him. He hoped, not really hoped but expected, it to be an artist thing, and not her checking him out... Which he hated to admit he would be perfectly fine with. Crap, Why was he such a boy? What a weird thing to think. He should stop thinking like that.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/5/2013, 9:39 pm

Jadyn could tell he was having an argument inside his own head. It was as if he was saying something, hoping it to be true... but ending up different. After years of living on the sidelines, Jadyn had gotten good at reading faces. She had to admit, he was cute- in the messy hair, shy kind of way. She really wanted to draw him.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/6/2013, 3:48 pm

Adam looked down at his feet, waiting for the the opportunity to flee. He knew it would be rood, but it was starting to get awkward. He started tapping on his scabbard, the ADHD-ness was kicking in. Usually he could sit still and keep calm, but for some reason he was hyper today. He usually only drank water, so it couldn't be caffeine. I guess I just have problems, he thought, making his face expressionless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 10:16 pm