A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

The Deadly Forest

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

The Deadly Forest  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Deadly Forest

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/8/2013, 9:52 am

This was not Jadyn's first time being in an awkward situation. It had happened many times before. So to her, it wasn't as awkward as it was for Adam, the boy sitting across from her, acting as if he had drank 4 cups of sugared down coffee before he got here. She knew it wasn't fair to not say anything, to make this boy suffer in silence, so she broke it. "You said you liked horses," She recalled. "How long have you been riding?"
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/8/2013, 10:32 am

Adam's head shot up. He turned to Jadyn, smiling brightly. "As long as I could walk." He said, forcing his hands still. "Do you ride?" He asked, calming slightly. He really had no idea why he was acting like this. He was usually calm, I guess that's why it felt weird. His smile faded as he calmed himself. The sparkle in his grey eyes danced as the sun went down.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/8/2013, 10:49 am

Jadyn loved Adams enthusiastic grin over her question. "Once or twice. Most horses don't really like me, being a daughter of the queen of ghosts and all." She saw Adam trying to calm himself. "Seriously, what did you drink before you got here?"
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/8/2013, 11:10 am

"Ummm, water..." He said, knowing that was seriously all he drank. "I am one of the only kids in the Athena cabin with serious ADHD problems." Adam grinned slightly. He was still drumming on his scabbard, but not quite as vigorously. "Most horses would be a little skeptical of the Daughter of Melinoe. But I'd say, you've made quite the impression on me." Adam said, brushing the hair out of his eyes. He hadn't meant it in a flirty way, but he was afraid it had come across that way.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/8/2013, 11:23 am

Jadyn was ADHD as well, so she knew what it felt like. "And what kind of impression have I made on you?" She wasn't sure if it were a good thing or a bad thing. She usually didn't care what people thought of her. But for some reason, this shy, hyper horse rider made her hope that he liked her and that she wasn't too annoying. Or at least, not as much as usual.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/8/2013, 11:47 am

Adam smiled "The good kind." uh-oh. He was slightly afraid that this girl would think he was weird and creepy for saying that. He clenched his teeth and waited for her to run away, or hit him. If she did neither, then he was not sure what he would do. Be happy, I guess.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/8/2013, 11:57 am

Jadyn smiled widely on the inside, but only had a little grin on the outside. "Good," She nodded. "I worried for a minute that my awkwardness would give you the wrong impression." She didn't think that he was being creepy. She knew he was just being nice.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/8/2013, 12:06 pm

Adam laughed. "Your awkwardness? I think I'm the one being awkward." Adam smiled brightly. He looked around the forest as it got darker and darker, the sunlight fading over the trees. It cast a shadow over the creek. He knew they should be getting back to the cabins, but never really payed attention to the curfew.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/8/2013, 12:49 pm

Jadyn followed his gaze at the suddenly dark forest. She hadn't realized how dark it was. She didn't usually get in trouble skipping curfew, though. Probably because she can see ghosts, she assumed. She was used to staying up late in the forest. But Adam, on the other hand, she wasn't sure about. "You're not scared about getting in trouble, are you?" She asked, looking him in the eyes.

Last edited by Myka on 9/24/2013, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/8/2013, 7:39 pm

Adam resisted the urge to laugh. He would sneak out almost every night and smuggle food from the gift shop. Before he was claimed, they assumed he was a child of Hermes. "No, I'm used to it." He also had been caught in the forest once. That was when he was fairly new, and didn't really know about curfew. After a second he realized he was smiling kind of evilly. He turned that into a sort-of straight face.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/8/2013, 8:26 pm

"Good," She breathed. "For a second there, I was scared I had a goody-two shoes on my hands." Then she burst out laughing, half from out stupid that sounded, half because Adams not so straight face was hilarious.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/9/2013, 4:16 pm

"What?" He asked, trying to look serious. That may work for his siblings, but when he did it, he looked ridiculous. It only lasted a few seconds before he busted up laughing. It didn't take long before his side hurt and he had to hold it. He took a few shaky breaths before eventually calming hi uncontrollable laughing to a wide grin.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/9/2013, 4:50 pm

Finally when Jadyn calmed her laughter, she looked over at the dark woods behind Adam. That's when they came. The ghosts that only she could see, dancing in with their dead partners. They always did this, every single night. Just danced around. Jadyn had tried to ask so many times why, but she never could grab their attention, even for a moment. Mindlessly, she muttered her favorite quote in her first language. ""Heute Abend spielen die Geister."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/9/2013, 5:40 pm

Adam concentrated on the language she had spoken. He had read in many languages, including some that don't really exist. He knew general translations. He assumed it was German, duh. Not one of his better known languages. For all he knew, she could be cussing him out. Although that didn't seem likely. Also he recognized the word 'play'. He thought it must be a quote, but her talking in her first language made him want to speak in Latin, he knew it proabably too well for a Greek demi-god. Soon, he couldn't stand the silence. "Quod prorsus dixisti?" For a second he didn't realize he had spoken in a different language. Quickly he shook his head. "Sorry, What did you say?" He asked. "Um, when you started talking in German. Sometimes I get carried away." He smiled.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/9/2013, 5:56 pm

"Oh, yeah.. sorry." She hadnt met to start talking in German. "I said, uh.. 'Tonight the ghost play.' Its the last thing my dad ever said to me, before... you know." She hated to talk about her dad.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/9/2013, 8:04 pm

Adam cleared his throat. He was doing fine looking stupid trying to be serious. But really, if there was a way to make it more awkward than before, that was it. "oh... Um..." He had no idea what to say. His dad was still back in Ohio, probably getting ready to come and see weather or not he wanted to stay for camp this school year. Adam had decided a long time ago that it would be a good idea to stay, to help out for preparations for the war with Gaea. He imagined his face turning slightly red. He was really bad at talking about feelings... and parents, especially with girls. Seriously, this kid has no people skills.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/9/2013, 8:14 pm

Jadyn smiled faintly at Adam. "Sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up." The, noticing he spoke in Latin earlier, she decided to humor him. "Quot linguas loqueris?" Her Latin was a kind of off, but she still spoke a little.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/9/2013, 8:34 pm

Adam smiled at the random use of Latin. He decided to speak in English now, because he really didn't want to speak a language she didn't know too well. "I know Greek, Latin, some German and French, learned Spanish in grade school, a little Irish and Swedish, and yes, Irish is a language." Adam finished with a slight laugh. He didn't know as many languages as he wanted to, but saying them all seemed like a lot. "Oh and English, duh. So that's 8 in all..." Adam thought about that. Greek and Latin are strange for mortals, German and French are normal, but unlikely to learn, Spanish is normal, he didn't even know Irish was a language before he learned it, and Swedish is just strange. I am such a geek. He thought to himself.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/9/2013, 8:38 pm

"Holy crap." Jadyn burst out. The only other person she knew who knew as many languages as Adam did was... No one. Not a single person she knew could say they knew that many languages. "We'll you're gonna have to teach me a bit, so I can keep up." She laughed.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/9/2013, 8:44 pm

Adam laughed. "I'm not a very good teacher. I tried to teach my dog to sit and he bit me 7 times trying to get the treat. Although I am fairly sure you wont bite me, I dont want to take any chances." Adam smiled kindly, knowing he spoke the truth.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/9/2013, 8:49 pm

Jadyn laughed. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I won't bite you." She was amazed by how good she was getting along with Adam. Usually by now the person she was talking to either ran, got annoyed, or just didn't like her. But Adam was... Different. In the good way, of course. She wasn't sure if she should be nervous or super happy that this boy liked her enough to actually talk to her the way friends do. She smiled a little bigger.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/9/2013, 9:06 pm

Adam smiled. This was his first real friend other than those of his cabin, who usually just kept to their books or maps or computers or whatever. Some were awaiting word from Annabeth. Others just didn't like Adam. He shook his hair out of his eyes and looked up at Jadyn. "Good, I don't enjoy being bitten. Especially by humans." He laughed slightly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/9/2013, 9:14 pm

Jadyn laughed, and suddenly noticed once again that the ghosts were still dancing around them. She put out her foot, tripping one of them, and started to laugh. But the male partner of the couple got up and kicked her in the leg, hard.
    "Ow," she muttered, leaning over to rub her wounded leg.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/10/2013, 4:52 pm

"What?" Adam asked as she rubbed her leg. "Did something bite you?" He asked. Two seconds he said it, he realized that they had just been talking about being bit by things. "I mean..." Truthfully, he had no idea what he meant. He heard the barely audible noise of something hitting the ground. He expected it to be something deep in the forest.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/10/2013, 5:09 pm

Jadyn smiled with only half her mouth. "No," she said. "I tripped a couple of poltergeist. Lets just say, they didn't take it easily." She sat up. "I don't blame them, though. Neither would I."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 4:52 pm