A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+4
beanie
Kendall
Rhyolo
Mason
8 posters

Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins Empty Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins

Post by Mason 9/8/2014, 5:36 pm

ooc: Hullo. Welcome to the Gravity Falls AU. If you didn't sign up here http://www.camphalfblood.org/t19902-gravity-falls-au-rp-uncanon-version-edit-as-of-9-7-14 , you cannot post here; don't worry though, it'll end up opening again eventually.

So, until I can get a subforum for this, this is how it will work;

Post here just to signify that your character is now in Gravity Falls, or they had been there, or whatever, etc. I'd like a fairly long post to describe how they got there, etc. No finding out stuff yet (if they currently live here, however, like my character, Bray, they can know of their power or whatever already, though). Try not to go past a few posts or so in this topic without starting another.

After this topic, you can branch off into different topics. PLEASE, UNTIL WE GET A SUBFORUM, SO WE KNOW, PUYT IN THE DESCRIPTION WHAT TOPIC NUMBER IT IS, SO I CAN KEEP TRACK OF CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

There is no posting order for this topic unless I find one necessary later.

bic:

Nick was in the one of the backseats of the car, with his brother. His dad was driving and his mom was in front of him, in shotgun. He and his family had lived all the way on the Eastern part of the U.S., but then his dad was offered a really good job here, so they moved. His dad stopped the car at a rest stop. They were but twenty minutes from their new house, but he had to go badly, and they needed gas. His dad left the car, and his mother and brother started conversation (his brother was a nine year old named Jake). Nick looked out the window, looking at all of the signs. He heard a whoosh, and quickly looked in the direction of his brother's window, as did the other two.

A bus zoomed by. It was defiantly going way too fast than a bus ever should. His mother said, "people could be killed!" Nick and his brother, Jake, commented with something like "idiot."  His dad soon came back, and they started driving towards their new house again, on the warm morning.
    -----
    Jason waited at the Mystery Shack, in his tangtop and shorts. He was required by his boss to help out at the Mystery Shack this weekend with tourists, much to everyone's dismay. He looked at the bus zooming toward him and the shack. The driver was "Crazy Bob," a jacked up dude that was half-crazy and wore an eyepatch because he was missing one eye. No one knew his real name or where he lived, so they just called him "Crazy Bob." Crazy Bob had no authority as a bus driver, but no one would fire him. When the bus stopped, shaking a bit, the doors busted open.

As people got out, Jason greeted them. When everyone was there, he put his hands together. "Hello everyone, welcome to the Mystery Shack!" and continued with a bit of information he read off of cue cards. He wondered if any girls were into him yet; that usually happened.
    ----
    Bray, deep in the dark forest, hid in a tree, hungry. He hated draining people and other living things, but he needed it to survive.

ooc: The name "Jake" was my actual brother's request, and the bus dude is a bit like Old Man McGucken (spelling?)
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins Empty Re: Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins

Post by Rhyolo 9/8/2014, 6:17 pm

Rhyolo was visiting gravity falls for the summer and decided to work at the mystery shack. Little did he know that this job can be hell half the time. The other half it was kinda fun. The boss was kind crazy. Rhy was working the register while Jason got the fun job. He has to deal with idiots who can't read the price tag that you can see from a mile away. He huffed as he watched Gabrielle come in. Gabrielle laughed as she saw rhy. "Ha you wish you were me don't you?" Rhy retorted, "why don't you go back to daddy and kiss his butt."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 9/8/2014, 6:23 pm

It had been years since Stella had come to Gravity Falls -- over twenty, if she could remember properly. She and her mother, Flying Spaghetti Monster let her soul rest, had moved into what would rapidly become the Mystery Shack of today's notoriety when she was only a baby -- or a fetus. Was there really a difference?

It had been only a few years since her mother's death and Stella's subsequent inheritance of the shack. She reveled in the entire operation; manipulating people was one of her best talents. Stupid tourists would, of course, be a cinch. They were here to spend money, not think, and Stella and her mother had perfected the art of creating exhibits and artifacts that those idiots would adore. But to be frank, it all was ridiculous: they were all ridiculous. Sascrotch? Rock with a Face? The woman was surprised at how terrible these were, but they worked and so she didn't bother to change them much. Her mother had been a strange, strange woman, and in her memory Stella left alone most of her inedible exhibits.

Of course, there were infinitely more interesting things about this town than the Mystery Shack -- yet few people at all could see that. Things that never quite added up often appeared, anomalies or strange occurrences that the residents brushed off or outright denied. Stella had noticed, of course: it was difficult for her not to, with a mind so dedicated to the supernatural, fake or not. She had spent her entire life here and might have grown to assimilate into such a mindset had it not been for the Shack; she could see the difference between a fake phenomenon and one that really did exist.

Her musings were interrupted by the drone of a bus engine pulling into the dirt parking lot. Opening one eye irritably, Stella stood and readjusted her suit jacket and pulled on her black eyepatch over her right eye -- just for dramatic effect. The tourists loved it -- she regaled them with a clearly-false tale of how she injured or lost it, but they ate it up and never questioned her. So much for human intelligence.

Parting the curtain of her window with a finger, she gazed outside at the bus of tourists and the back of one of her employees, Jack or something, talking to them, introducing them to the Shack.

Show time.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 9/9/2014, 3:31 pm

Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins I7G4WG8H9sykt

Eve had heard stories of Gravity Falls but she's never been. So when her parents asked her where she wanted to go for the summer, she automatically said Gravity Falls, much to her parents confusion.
    So there she was, on a bus going to a little town that practically no one heard of. Eve was partially excited, clinging onto her luggage while staring dreamily out the window, wondering at what she'd find in this mysterious town. Of course she'd get some souvanears, maybe something from the forest. Perhaps a feather to add to her scrapbook, which was in her backpack.

It was only half an hour before the bus stopped, everyone getting off the bus. This place was awesome! But it was cold, causing Eve to zip up her sweatshirt and shove her hands into her jean pockets. With her backpack slung on her shoulder, she went into this "Mystery Shack", fiddling with the money in her pocket.  

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/9/2014, 4:26 pm

Nick and his family soon arrived at their house. He heard of this attraction, the Mystery Shack, from his dad. He wanted to visit it, but it was too far away to go alone; and not only that, but he was in a group of all new people. He decided to wait; he sat outside on a step, leading up to his doorway. He looked at all the kids riding bikes and such. About half a mile away was a forest. It seemed dark and spooky, and Nick felt uneasy about it; however, he was anxious for adventure. He sighed, staring at it, as Jake came over and sat by him.
    -----
    Jason started telling the tourists about the Mystery Shack. Why was his boss, owner of the pool, making him work at the Mystery Shack? Community service? He sighed. He walked in with them, finally. A few girls tried to ask him out on the way. As people started going to look at the attractions and stuff to buy, he spotted Stella, the shack owner, Rhyolo, the little dude (actually, they were probably the same height or Rhy was like a head taller than him or something), and, oh boy, Gabrielle.

He had never actually talked to her. She'd probably seen him shirtless at least once or twice- most girls faked drowning just for him to save her; he was tan and had huge muscles (but not, like, jacked) and had a solid six pack. He thought she was rather hot, but he wanted to know her before asking her out. Jason walked over to Rhyolo.

"Hey, dude, what's up?" he asked; he hoped Gabrielle saw his presence now, despite in the huge crowd.
    ------
    Bray, in the forest, got on the ground, hiding under a tree. He was starving for blood now, but he didn't want to kill, and he didn't want to go out in daylight.

ooc: I assume since this is AU Jason's actual CHB RP girlfriend, well...."doesn't exist," so.
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female
    Number of posts : 620
    Registration date : 2011-01-02

Post by Watsky 9/9/2014, 5:06 pm

Aidan was growing restless with this town. He had taken a holiday to the town for a chance to meet new people, get some song inspiration, and have fun. He was fairly disappointed. And maybe he had hoped it would turn out like To Wong Foo, but that didn't work out either.
    So when he went to the store to stock up on snacks for the weekend, he wasn't feeling good. He had to stand behind an old lady who was unloading her groceries onto the check out table [i]so slowly,] and Aidan just wanted to get home. He ended up screaming "Hey fatass, go faster!" Which definitely wasn't the nicest thing to say, but he definitely regretted it. Because about an hour later, he grew a curly little tail. And then little ears. Then suddenly the rest of his body turned into a little piglet body.
    He swore and swore but all it came out as were oinks. From his apartment, he went to the Mystery Shack, hoping for answers (and grateful he left the door open.)
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/9/2014, 5:15 pm

"Hey Jason, have you met the she-devill gabrielle?"Rhy smirks when he says that comments. He hopes he pisses her off and gets to see an explosion. Rhy laughs in his head. "Shut up you miserable twerp, hey Jason." Gabrielle gets flirty and innocent on the second part.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/9/2014, 5:37 pm

"Sup, Gabby? Er, can I call you that?" he wanted to laugh at Rhy, but he didn't want Gabrielle to think he was blowing her off. He grinned, thinking of a tactic. "Ergh, that heavy vase doesn't belong there." He moved some random vase out of the way, pretending it was heavy. He flexed an arm. "Geez." A few girls looked in his direction, but he quickly stopped, mainly to tease Gabrielle.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/9/2014, 5:45 pm

"You can call me anything you want." She stares dreamily at Jason and his muscles. She wanted him so bad. Rhy laughs. "Dude you run the shop and while I'll get old man Stella to take this group." Rhy jumps over the counter and runs to Stella's room. "Yo showtime."
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/9/2014, 6:06 pm

Jason nodded at both.
    ----
    Nick was talking to Jake, when their mom came out.

"Dad said he's good for now- I'm going to take you two out to eat and we can visit the Mystery Shack!"

Nick was super excited about this. The three went.

"Wait, Mom, can we visit the Mystery Shack first? Please? Please? Please? Pl-"

"Alright!"

When they arrived, Nick hopped out of the car happily. He noticed first that it was very old, and that it read 'Mystery Hack;' the 'S' was on the ground, very dirty. He looked at his mom.

"Can I get a souvenir?"

"Nick, we just bought a very nice house, had to spend tons of gas, and I'm taking you out to eat. You can just look at the exhibits."

He sighed, a bit disappointed, but it was OKay. He was still very excited, but he was nervous about meeting new people, especially in about two months or three when he started school. He walked in with his mom and brother; his mother commented to stay together with the lot of people there.

Nick first noticed the lady with the eyepatch (Stella), the pretty teenage girl (Gabrielle), some dude leading the tourists (Jason), and the tall person- his body said about sixteen or seventeen, but his face said about his age (Rhy). Nick listened to the dude leading the tourists.

"-and lastly, no touching any of these souvenirs or instruments of such."

A guy raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Is mayonaise an instrument?"

A lot of people laughed, including Nick. "Haha, very funny, Patrick. Let's get on with the tour." Jason led them towards the first exhibit.

Nick, his mom, and Jake worked their way towards the first exhibit. Nick examinined it closely...the 'Goat Chicken.' This seemed like a ripoff.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 9/9/2014, 7:36 pm

"Get out, you brat, I know. I've got ears." Stella fixed Rhy with an icy stare with her one exposed eye before picking up her cane (for dramatic effect, just like with the eye patch) and stepping out of the room, shutting and locking the door behind her. She didn't want anybody prying too much, of course; aside from the obviously fake nature (obvious to her, anyway; the tourists were an entirely new class of stupid) of all her exhibits, she had committed a few other... a few other crimes. Like tax fraud or transporting illegal animals across state lines. But the police were too incompetent in Gravity Falls, so obviously, Stella had gotten away with it all through a series of bribes and other sorts of manipulation to keep out of jail. It worked, so she had no reason to regret any of that.

The tour group had gone into one of the exhibition rooms already, and guessing by who was present in the shop, it was probably Jack/John/whoever that pool guy was taking them around. Ugh. Why had she hired so many stupid teenagers? All they did was run around and do stupid things, like Jack (Seriously, what was his name?) trying to pick up every remotely attractive girl who came by the shack.

Turning on her heel, the woman burst through the doorway to the exhibition area with a flourish and looked at the tour group for a moment: a good amount of people, with a few kids mixed in. A good mix: she could expect a bit of a profit today.

Forcing a large smile, she gestured to the exhibits as she approached. "Welcome to the Mystery Shack, full of wonders and galores that'll boggle your mind! I'm your host, Ms. Mystery, and I'm sure you've met your tour guide... Jackson? No, wait, don't tell me." She paused and pinched the bridge of her nose, thinking: "Aah yes. Jason."

[ooc: This will be my last post here for a while, since not a lot of people have posted even once yet and it's rather... unfair to make them dig through all these posts to establish scenery and the plots and whatever.]
    ookamisan
    ookamisan

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2014-01-04

Post by ookamisan 9/9/2014, 10:49 pm

I get out of the bus and look around. I look up to see the sign. "Mystery hack? Oh shack. Mystery shack." I say seeing the S on the floor. I go inside the shack. I look at my watch. It may seem like a reagal watch but it's much more. Not only a time machine but also camouflage. They told to never be seen. Well I went full on bright colors and a nice ponytail. They outlawed colors a long time. They told me to grab the books because they hold unimaginly power. But i won't do a thing. I plan to make things right in the furge. Starting... now. I go into the tour. I look at all the exhibits. Sascrotch? Rock with a face on it? Sasquatches are real I caunt one. But all of this were fakes. At the end of the tour I rease my hand and say. "All of this is fake."

OoC Crystal still have dyslexia
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 9/10/2014, 4:32 am

OOC: Can I still post here?
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/10/2014, 6:20 am

Ooc Yes morgan

Post by Guest 9/10/2014, 4:15 pm

Sarah was sitting on the porch outside of the Mystery Shack. She had been in there, she had seen everything a million times, she thought some of the stuff was cool, but it was mainly a ripoff. She smirked and looked for games on her iPod, waiting for someone to come and talk to her. She was a smooth talker and she could easily force her way into someone's heart if she wanted, and she was manipulative like no one else. People always came to her for advice, of course. She was just the kind of person who made someone want to pour their heart out. So Sarah was kind of a bully, she would admit that. She could have what she wanted. She controlled the stream of gossip in Gravity Falls, and could be wherever she wanted to be. But for then, she was alright as she was.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/10/2014, 4:31 pm

Rhy laughs as he goes to the door of the shack. He sees a girl who looks familiar and he has to keep this job. "Sorry but no loitering." He leans up against the support beak with his shoulder and crosses his arms and smirks.

Post by Guest 9/10/2014, 4:54 pm

"Are you so sure?" Sarah asks, standing up. She blinked her brown eyes, as if confused, even though she knew and he knew she every well knew the rules, as she had been thrown out of the shack many times before. Her naturally charismatic personality had bought her friendships with most workers of the shack, however, so with a bit of sweet talking she could usually bend the rules a bit.
    Milocross
    Milocross
    3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
    Number of posts : 7772
    Registration date : 2010-01-08

Post by Milocross 9/10/2014, 4:57 pm

OOC: Sorry. I have to drop out of this.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/10/2014, 6:51 pm

"I'm sure I can.. Not let you get past the rules. Sorry but get off the premises or get in and buy stuff. " rhy showed all seriousness. Though he hadnt meant to come off so rude.

Post by Guest 9/10/2014, 6:53 pm

"Where do the premises end? Here? The parking lot? The town?" Sarah questioned, a sly smirk spreading across her face.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/10/2014, 7:04 pm

"The end of the parking lot." Rhy points to the end. He goes back to the register and deals with idiotic customers.

Post by Guest 9/10/2014, 7:12 pm

Sarah sighs loudly and walks to the side of the Mystery Shack, not leaving though.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 9/10/2014, 7:30 pm

Gravity Falls: The Mystery Begins I7G4WG8H9sykt

The Mystery Shack was packed. There was so many tourists and Eve found it hard to fit through the door. But the stuff in there was cool; little key chains, fake attractions. I mean, come on. She'd have to be a fool to believe that.
    The people around weren't soooooo bad. There was one snotty girl that she ended up launching a rubber band at to get her to stop talking. It must've hit hard and Wve had to suck so the girl wouldn't see her.

It was about 15 minutes until she found something cool; a little cyclops eye keychain. She could clip it to her backpack.

"How much is this?" She asked some lady with an eyepatch.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/10/2014, 7:36 pm

ookamisan wrote:I get out of the bus and look around. I look up to see the sign. "Mystery hack? Oh shack. Mystery shack." I say seeing the S on the floor. I go inside the shack. I look at my watch. It may seem like a reagal watch but it's much more. Not only a time machine but also camouflage. They told to never be seen. Well I went full on bright colors and a nice ponytail. They outlawed colors a long time. They told me to grab the books because they hold unimaginly power. But i won't do a thing. I plan to make things right in the furge. Starting... now. I go into the tour. I look at all the exhibits. Sascrotch? Rock with a face on it? Sasquatches are real I caunt one. But all of this were fakes. At the end of the tour I rease my hand and say. "All of this is fake."

OoC Crystal still have dyslexia

Jason smirked at her. "Uhm..well....it's quite amazing it's real, you could say." He leaned to Stella. "That was a good response, right?" he whispered to her, then said to the tourists, "That concludes our tour. Please buy the accessories and such! Have a nice day!" He held out a jar, which people put the money into.

Nick just watched, as did his brother and mother. That was pretty lame and uncool. He went to leave with his family, when his eyes went towards the window gain, towards the woods, which was even closer to here. He looked at it for a second, then looked back at a worker; Gabrielle. "Mom, I wouldn't usually do this, but I'm going to go ask her a few questions."

She nodded, as Jake complained he was hungry. "Just stay in my view."

Nick went over to Gabrielle. "Excuse me, do you know anything about the nearby woods-forest kind of thingy, fairly close to here?" he asked politely.

Jason's eyes went towards Nick and Gabrielle.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 9/10/2014, 8:45 pm

" like I would know. Well I better go." Gabrielle leaves and rides in her limo to her mansion. Rhy over hears the kid and jumps over the counter and talks to him. "Well I know a little about the woods. Also I'm Rhyolo." He extend his hand for him to shake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 1:43 am