A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

You're ganna wish you had taken our advice

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

You're ganna wish you had taken our advice Empty You're ganna wish you had taken our advice

Post by Marceline 9/12/2014, 5:35 am

Many cars passed by as Matthew held his thumb out. He stood so he was facing towards the passing cars and he took slow steps back. The sun hid amongst clouds and the air was cool. Matt dropped his bag on the ground and put his thumb down as he rummaged through his bag. He was hoping to find his phone but failed. He cursed out loud and closed the bag again. He stood up and put the bag strap over his shoulder.
    He needed - well, wanted - to get to NYC but so far no vehicles had stopped. He tried to think of how they could get there. He looked at the girl who had decided to tag along with him and an idea struck him. She seems like the kind of girl I would pick up if she was hitch hiking... he thought.
    "Oi, what's your name?" He asked her. He decided that if he wanted her to co-operate with him then he should probably be a little nice to her.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

You're ganna wish you had taken our advice Empty Re: You're ganna wish you had taken our advice

Post by beanie 9/12/2014, 3:26 pm

gonna let it live and burn

When Matt said her out've camp, I was thinking that we'd be heading to nice peaceful place.
    I was soooooo wrong.
    We're heading to New York. I have nothing against coming here but it was so busy and whenever I go there all the people are rude to me. Not fun. But I said nothing, just enjoying the fact I'm here with a mysterious boy that doesn't even knew my name. But he wanted to know.

"It's Jia Li but you could call me Jaylee if it's easier." I explained, standing at the edge of the curve. There was dozens of taxis but none had stopped for us. It was annoying. Putting my fingers to my mouth, I let out a high-pitched whistle, causing one of the taxis to stop for us.

"You can thank me later." I told him with a smirk.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

You're ganna wish you had taken our advice Empty Re: You're ganna wish you had taken our advice

Post by Marceline 9/12/2014, 5:31 pm

Matt looked at the girl, Jaylee, and raised an eyebrow very slightly. She didn't act like he thought she would to be honest and it seemed as if Matthew may have been a little judgemental. He remembered to keep that in mind as he hopped into the back seat of the cab. He placed his bag on the floor cautiously, he didn't want to break his bottle of alcohol.
    He told the driver where to go and within a second they were driving along the busy streets of New York. There was the classic radio playing gently through the speakers. Matthew wished he could turn off the radio, though it was only a minor problem.

It wasn't long until the taxi finally pulled over to the side of the kerb. He dug his hand through his pocket and thankfully had just enough. He dragged himself out of the vehicle.
    "So, that's all our money gone." He said aloud. He thanked the driver before waiting until he knew Jaylee was out as well. When he heard the door shut he turned to face their location.
    In front of them was an average apartment building, tall and grey. He walked in and headed straight to the elevator. Sure, he could have took the stairs to make Jaylee walk more but nah, he didn't want too.
    His finger pushed 6 and he watched as the doors closed. While waiting a small thought struck him.
    "You ever been to New York?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/12/2014, 8:23 pm

I plopped next to Matt in the back, the car taking off as soon as I closed the door. I hadn't brought anything with me, it was all so sudden to be whisked away somewhere with a boy I had just met but that's my life. The only thing I regretted was not bringing an IPod, the classical music was killing my ears.
    As soon as we left the car, the guy drive off, leaving us in the dust. How sweet.

I had followed to Matt to this regular old apartment building, a little suspicious. Normally if be asking a billion questions but I'll wait until later. Matt seems like the guy not to mess with.
    By the time we were in the elevator, I was all fidgety. Stupid ADHD.

"Huh? Oh, I've been to New York before. "Why are we here though?"

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/12/2014, 9:45 pm

Matt put his hand on the small rail in the elevator. What the rail was for, he had no idea. He began to tap his hand on it, creating small noises. He listened to what she said and shrugged his shoulders.
    "Well, I'm just ganna visit a friend, drop off some stuff then leave." He said simply. The elevator was on the 3rd floor now. He leaned against the wall of the elevator. He took off his ring from his marriage finger and put it on his middle finger instead. He didn't want his mates to be thinking he was in a commitment, because he wasn't.
    He thought about what they might think of Jaylee.
    "You should wait outside... if you want too." He suggested to her. His dark blue eyes were plastered on which floor they were on.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/13/2014, 2:32 am

I nodded my head as the elevator kept going up. It was a quiet ride and I was mostly watching Matt. He had a ring, it looked like a wedding ring. Weird.
    The elevator had chimed, reaching the 6th floor and I stepped out.

"I'll wait outside while you do whatever you gonna do." I said.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/13/2014, 4:20 am

Matt walked out of the elevator.
    "Okay, you can come in if they aren't home... though there isn't much too look at anyways..." He told her. He made his way down the hall and he could hear the punk rock music from down the hall. A small smirk appeared on his lips as he heard bulls in the Bronx by Pierce The Veil come on. He hummed the tune before turning the door knob on the door. He signaled for Jaylee to stay outside.

He had stayed for a drink with his mates and even a quick smoke. Another song came on and he just remembered about Jaylee. He cursed under his breath after taken another drink. His friend, Justin, wouldn't shut up about this chick he met the other night and he needed to leave.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/13/2014, 7:49 am

By the time we got to thre apartment Matt was looking for, punk music was blasted into my ears. Matt seemed to like it but me, not so much. Good thing I'm staying out here though I could defiantly hear it. Question is: how long will I be out here?
    Well, it turns out not that very long. I had actually thought he had ditched me, I was in the middle of singing Because We Can by Bon Jovi when he came out.

"How'd it go?" I asked, a little curious.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/13/2014, 8:05 am

Matt shut the apartment door behind him. Luckily Jaylee was still outside waiting for him. He would have been worried if she wasn't, in case there were monsters.
    "Fine." He answered, trying to air out his clothes. The smoke felt as if it was clinging to his clothes. He quickly gave up though and continued to make his way back to the elevator.
    "So, since we don't have anything better to do, what do you wanna do to kill time?" He asked as he pressed the elevator button. As he waited for her reply he placed his ring back on the original finger. He tried his best so she couldn't see this.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/13/2014, 11:54 am

Matt had the smallest scent if smile on him but I could smell it. It wasn't pleasant but I was used to smoke, spending time in the forge helped, especially when I have a bunch of half-siblings that I mess around with. A lot.
    As soon as we got to the elevator, Matt was interested in doing something else. I haven't been in New York in forever. Perhaps Central Park.

"Do you know the way to Central Park?" I asked as Matt did something with his hands.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/13/2014, 8:54 pm

Matt had been to central park once. Once. Finding his way there may be a little difficult but that's the adventure right? He just replied with a simple, "Sure.". The elevator doors opened. He made his way in and pushed the button. He stuffed his hands in his pocket, wishing he had one more drink. Oh well, the sooner we're out the sooner I can get a drink, Matthew thought. Even if I don't have any money... He added to his thoughts. A sudden jolt from the elevator shook him back into reality. He steadied himself. A few seconds passed and it occurred to him that the elevator must have stopped.
    "Oh how f**king convenient. Matthew muttered under his breath.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/13/2014, 9:09 pm

I should be glad to be going to Central Park. I should be gad that I'm going with Matt. I should be glad that I'm outta camp.
    But I wasn't.
    Because the elevator broke down. I was just playing with the zipper of my leather jacket when it shook and stopped in between the 4th and 3rd floor. I wasn't claustrophobic but I wasn't happy and neither was Matt. In fact, he seemed pissed.

"Thats great. Now what?" I asked, groaning while stcratching behind my neck. Getting trapped in an elevator with a semi-hot guy was not really what I had in mind.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/13/2014, 9:24 pm

Matthew leaned back against the wall of the elevator and spread his arms out on the rails. He took a big breath in and sighed. "Well... I don't know." He admitted. He slowly slid down and sat on the ground. He looked around the small space. He ran a hand through his hair and thought about what they could do to kill time. After a while he began to hum a love like war by all time low.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/14/2014, 7:09 am

"Well... I don't know." That scared me a bit. Sighing, I slid down next to Matt, my head in my hands. I've actually never been stuck in an elevator before and this was actually scary, just a little. Not to mention, we'll be in here for a long time until someone realizes that the elevator's not working and gets it fixed.
    I glanced over at Matt. He seemed so calm, I haven't seen him freak out yet. Thats pretty cool actually.

"Do you wanna play 20 questions to pass the time?" I had said after a while.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/19/2014, 10:48 pm

Matt tensed very slightly but after a few seconds he relaxed. "Do you wanna play 20 questions to pass the time?" She asked. Matt thought about it.
    "Depends on the questions. Sure though." He said to her.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/21/2014, 7:31 pm

"Depends on the questions. Sure though." Matthew had answered and I started to ponder on a question. What do you ask a boy you just met? Well he was a demigod and I don't know his god parent but thats always asked. Maybe-
    Huh? I had just notice the shiny ring and his finger. It looked like the wedding ring that grandpa wears on his finger. Was he taken? Cause that'd be weird to be spending the day with him. Oh, why am I thinking about this?

"Why is there a ring on your finger?" I asked.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/26/2014, 2:47 am

Why is there a ring on your finger?" She had asked. That hit him hard in the heart. He should have known that question was going to be asked sooner or later. His eyes looked at the name he had etched on the surface. "Well that's where you place rings right?" He answered a bit annoyed. He regretted it a few seconds later though which rarely ever happened. He took a deep breath and quietly sighed. "It's a sword as well as a ring." He explained. He twisted the ring and within a few seconds it had changed into a black Stygian iron sword. His thumb caressed the etching on his sword. He quickly turned it back into a ring before she could see what it had said.
    Matthew turned slightly to face her and tried to think of a question he could ask. There were the usual questions such as 'Where you from?' 'Who's your god parent?' and whatnot. He decided to keep it simple so he decided to ask probably the most commonly asked question.
    "You got your answer. So who's your god parent?" He was beating she was either a child of Aphrodite, though she wasn't the stereotypical child of the love goddess.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/26/2014, 7:37 am

I could tell I had hit a nerve with Matt when he gave me that irritated and annoyed voice. I was just curious but this ring didn't seem like a big deal. At least, that big of a deal. It did turn into this pretty cool sword but it had this engraving on it. I tried to take a look see but Matt had covered it up by the time I tried.

"You got your answer. So who's your god parent?" Seriously, isn't it obvious?

"Hephaestus, if it isn't obvious." I explained, twiddling my thumbs around.
    "What about you? God Parent?"

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/26/2014, 8:19 am

Matt was actually surprised. Hephaestus? wow, that took him by surprise to be honest. He looked at her to see if there was any sign of joking about. There wasn't.
    "Well, I didn't know Hephaestus had any good looking children." He said. It was just a small thought and he hasn't meant to say that aloud, though he acted calm about it.
    She had given him the same question and he wasn't that surprised.
    "Thanatos, if it isn't obvious." He said, slightly mocking her reply to his question.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/26/2014, 8:28 am

"Well, I didn't know Hephaestus had any good looking children." Wait what, was he calling me pretty? I stared at him shocked, trying to find any trance of sarcasm but I soon found out that he was being completely serious. Wow, no one other than my family has ever called me pretty. Its actually pretty flattering but I knew I wasn't pretty. Probably saying that to make me feel better.

"Your joking, aren't you? I'm not the closest to good-looking." I actually wasn't surprised that he was a Thanatos kid. That guy has been celebrating his freedom a little too much lately.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/26/2014, 8:47 am

Matt noticed that she was staring at him. Her gave her look of slight confusion and uh.. what?.
    "What?" He said, only the slightest bit irritated. Either he said something offencive or she wasn't used to getting compliments. Even that wasn't really s compliment... was it?
    "Your joking, aren't you? I'm not the closest to good looking." She had said. Matthew was sort of taken aback by this. He hasn't ever joked about a girls looks since he dated Danielle. She had changed him and even though she was gone now there were still habits he had.
    Matthew shook his head and looked her straight in the eyes. "No, I'm not. Not everyone says lies y'know." He told her. He then leaned his head back against the wall so he faced the elevator door again.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/26/2014, 9:22 am

"No, I'm not. Not everyone says lies y'know." Wow, he was actually being serious. Just the way he was looking at me proved that. It actually gave me butterflies. Wait, I never get butterflies. But he does seem like the guy who lies a lot, he should know that.

"But you seem like the person who'd lie a lot." I said truthfully, leaning my head against the wall while humming Thunderstruck by ADCD.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/26/2014, 3:07 pm

Matt smirked at her response. Did he lie a lot? Eh, sometimes. Though there were times where the only way out of a situation was to lie. Honestly, Matthew didn't really like to lie. What was the point? Sooner or later it was going to come back and kick him in the a*s.
    "Do I? And tell me dear the other kind of people I look like." He said with a small smirk still on his face.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/26/2014, 4:26 pm

I could see the smirk on his face after I spoke. Ooh, made him smile. Extra points for me. Thats kind've an accomplishment since he seems sooooo.....mysterious.
    "Do I? And tell me dear the other kind of people I look like." I laughed a little, turning to face him. Oh theres a huge list.

"Well, you look like the rebel type and that was already proven earlier. " I pointed out. "And the sarcastic type as well."

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 9/26/2014, 4:38 pm

Matt's smirk grew into a small smile and he laughed a bit. It was sort of weird to be told what someone else thought of him. He put his hands together.
    "Okay, so i guess i don't have a bad personality, right?" He joked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 7:49 am