A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan))

Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male
    Number of posts : 1923
    Registration date : 2010-11-19

When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan)) Empty When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan))

Post by Theseus12 9/20/2014, 9:28 am

Drizzt had a secret, and that was that he loved playing keyboards. As long as he could remember, he just loved it. There was so much variety that could be played with one. Walking into the amphitheater, he was rather thankful it was empty. It was embarrassing when he dealt with people. They usually couldn't get past his skin tone, and in situations like this, would swear it was painted and dyed. As he started playing the keyboard, the darkly lit amphitheater started to take on a more haunted tone, because the music he was playing had that tone. He was playing the graveyard symphony. A beautiful, though dark melody. He was dressed simply: Black pants, shirts, socks and shoes. A black leather belt kept his pants up, and he had on an ultra black cloak that was so black, the human eye could almost not see what it was looking at. With the hood up, he looked almost terrifying. But the hood was down, and his long, dark hair flowed on either side of his face. Then he stopped playing. He swore he heard someone coming. He was embarassed when he found it was just Victoria. "Well. I wasn't expecting you here. What is going on?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan)) Empty Re: When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan))

Post by Morgan Landry 9/20/2014, 12:37 pm

"Didn't expect you to be wearing a vantablack cloak," Victoria replied. Drizzt certainly had a dramatic streak, but at least it was perfect for night time camouflage. He had stopped playing the moment she had entered the skene, walking between the benches and costumes. She was wearing a light white top with an empire waist and olive shorts with her sneakers, her xiphos at her side. "I'm looking for Jason. Did you see him perchance?"
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan)) Empty Re: When the music ends... ((Private: Morgan))

Post by Theseus12 9/21/2014, 1:33 pm

Drizzt stepped down from the raised podium of the stage, walking towards her. "I'm glad to see the fittings are not causing your arms to swell to triple the original thickness." He remarked candidly. Then Victoria asked her question. Jason... "Jason? No, I don't know a Jason. I am sorry, you would have to look elsewhere." The name truly rang no bells to him. Last Jason he had heard about ran around with some Argonauts. And he was most certainly hanging with his mother. "If I could ask, how are you? The arms aren't giving you any trouble, are they?" As he walked closer, his vantablack cloak gently moved in the wind. Granted, after an incident patrolling through the woods, it had become slightly torn, and frayed around the edges, but it was still an effective cloak. Though it did nothing to hide the shrunken weapons he had clipped to his belt. At first glance, it would look like he was carrying a black colored spoon at his left hip, and a pair of sunglasses at his right (in fact, under the mist, that was usually exactly what they looked like, but were in actuality, his shovel and scythe, respectively. After he had encountered a pair of people in the forest, one trying to send the other to Mother, he kept his weapons on him at all times, partially to defend other people if the would be killer tried to strike again (Apparently he had quite the terrifying visage under torchlight), partially to defend himself if need be, and also, if he ever came across the little punk that tried killing people, he would be able to take him down. Permanently, if he had to. But now wasn't the time to think of such things. He was among friends (Or, rather, friend) here. Whatever happened, he could probably deal with it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 6:10 am

"Jason Duke, the son of Apollo," Victoria explained. Jason was her boyfriend, and despite the summer session having started a week ago, he still hadn't showed up. "As for my arms, they did swell for a day, but now they're perfectly fine. I just need to wait for my body to adjust to the grafts before starting the tests, it should last at least another week. How was your walk in the forest? Had some unpleasant meeting, I see," she added, nodding at the slight rips in his trousers and cloak, the mud on his shoes and the lonely pine needles lost in his clothing here and there.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 9/23/2014, 11:26 am

Drizzt shrugged. "I... bumped into an attempted homicide as it was happening. Whoever the punk was that did it was gone, and the girl who barely survived wouldn't tell me who they were, if they knew. I've taken to scouting the woods frequently, looking for them. I'm not usually bothered by monsters... My scent seems to scare them."

((Sorry it kinda sucks))
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 2:52 pm

"Lucky you," Victoria said, then a layer of her mind tried to understand what exactly made his scent so special so that perhaps she could synthesize the molecules and try to create a solution that, when sprayed, could scare monsters off. There was already a large number of Givenchy perfumes some monsters were allergic to, but you better have several backup plans. "Did you talk to Chiron about the attempted homicide?"
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 9/23/2014, 3:00 pm

"No, I didn't. Authority figures and I don't mix that well. I tend to attempt to bury them when they don't listen to me." Drizzt's hand fingered his shrunken and sheathed shovel. "So I've been doing vigilante hunting. Unsuccessfully, so far. But I try." He looked down, other hand at the scythe now. He was feeling nervous, for some reason. "So, what have you been up to?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 3:20 pm

She could relate to not trusting authorities, but Chiron was Chiron. There was just no way past him, he was so old, so full of experience. "Perhaps I should tell him? He's the Camp Director, he ought to know about it." She sat down on a bench next to a pirate costume and some Venetian masks, relaxing her sore muscles. She was just coming back from a climbing lesson with the Hunters, and by Hephaestus, these girls could climb. Despite most of the Campers hating the Hunters, Victoria actually liked them; if she hadn't met Jason, she would have considered joining them. But there again, she couldn't have pursued her dream of becoming an astrophysicist. "I've been designing respirocytes and working on my computer so that I can wrap it around my wrist when it's in phone mode. I'm also finished with my new designs for smart lenses."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 9/23/2014, 3:30 pm

"If you want to tell him, go ahead. The girl was a daughter of Aphrodite. I forget her name, though." He took a moment to think. "So, I heard the Hunters were in. Haven't really looked into it, myself. Kinda don't meet the qualifications to join." He smiled. A rare opportunity in his life. Also a rare one, he had made a joke. Bland, maybe, but a joke. He sat down on the raised podium for the stage, stuck for things to talk about. "Glad your arms are doing okay." he said.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 3:36 pm

Victoria shrugged. "I don't talk to them much. Apart from the lessons, I don't get out that much anyway, except at night to watch the stars." She put on a Venetian mask to see in how far it would limit her vision field. "Wow, this really narrows stuff down." She took it off and looked at Drizzt. "Where do you live?"
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 9/23/2014, 6:27 pm

Drizzt shrugged. "The Other Undeworld Gods cabin. Me and my sister are the only children of Makaria in it. Or in this camp, for that matter. We seem to be something of a rarity."

((Sucky. Sorry.))
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/24/2014, 6:10 am

"Oh." Victoria had expected he'd live year round at Camp Half-Blood, because of his skin tone and the probable fact people would intolerantly make fun of his name. "And.... where do you come from?"
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 9/24/2014, 1:09 pm

"Well, we used to live with our father, but then he died. After that, we kinda lived on the road for awhile. I live year round here because I just don't know where to go. This is the only home I have left for me..." He fell silent for awhile, then got up the courage to ask "So, where do you come from?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/3/2014, 4:38 pm

"I grew up in Geneva, but now I live in Bordeaux," she said, not really comfortable giving information about her out like that. She just didn't know Drizzt well enough. Her SPD commanded her to draw back and not say much. There were two people she was comfortable with: Jason and Benjamin. She liked Annabeth but they were a different and didn't talk all that much, though Vic definitely saw her as an older sister.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/3/2014, 8:12 pm

Drizzt nodded. "Well... I had to take care of my sister. She worries about me. Thinks I should have a proper childhood." Drizzt gave a small laugh, which sounded dry, even by regular standards. "But my childhood was buried with my dad. And it has just as good a chance of coming back as he does." Drizzt looked at the ground, idly kicking at the dust at his feet. "Can I ask about your family? Or would you rather the subject was left alone?"

Last edited by Theseus12 on 10/4/2014, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/4/2014, 2:54 am

Ooc: How exactly did he notice she wasn't comfortable giving out information about her? Victoria practically never shows her emotions facially. It's not like she cringed or frowned or physically drew back. She did nothing.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/4/2014, 5:06 pm

((Apologies. I presumed there was some kind of facial/physical clue. I'll edit that out now. Sorry again))

((Edited!))
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/4/2014, 5:48 pm

Ooc: Mm. I wrote that in my invite; just because you know what my character is thinking doesn't mean yours does too.

Bic: Victoria listened to him, noting the way he worded sentences, hinting at a person's death without going in depth as if he wanted her to ask about it. Seeing this was their second conversation, it seemed probable he gave a slice of his past to every person whom he felt like talking to. Self-pity or loneliness? She didn't have enough social contact to judge.

"My family?" She said, feeling he was starting to cross the line so she replied shortly. "I live with my father." She didn't really want to talk about her family to a guy she literally met the day before. She always felt like she had a protective bubble around her and people shouldn't get too close. And the only persons of her mortal family she liked talking to were her father and grandparents. Her cousins, Louise and Vianney, were idiots. She remembered how Louise had dared to flirt with Jason when he had come over to Bordeaux with Justin for a week. And that pretty much summed her family up.
    But Drizzt felt too inquisitive. The conversation topic had gone a bit too quickly from the grafts in her arms to her family and personal life. She felt the need to leave. "I have to go," she said. "Otherwise I'll never get to Jason. Bye." She turned on her heels and exited through the skene's door into the sun..
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/4/2014, 6:54 pm

Drizzt nodded in farewell as Victoria left. After practicing some more keyboard work, haunting dirges echoing throughout the amphitheater, he eventually left as well. Time to patrol in the forest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 11:58 pm