A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan) Empty A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan)

Post by redline2400 9/1/2015, 1:39 pm

It didn't take long for Ryan to arrive at the range, but it sure as sh!t was taking awhile for his crippled sister Chiara to show up. He had decided to get into a sort of duel with Chiara, thinking it would be a good idea. Now he was wondering that IF (and that's a big, BIG if) he wound up winning how long it would take her stab him in the neck with one of those arrows. Sh!t, she'd probably just use that crutch to get the job done. But despite his internal fears, he just leaned against a tree, holding his carbon fiber bow while sporting a pair of Oakley Frogskins sunglasses, trying to look as nonchalant as possible.

Last edited by redline2400 on 9/2/2015, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to change a word so it actually makes sense.)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan) Empty Re: A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan)

Post by Morgan Landry 9/2/2015, 3:04 am

Chiara arrived about five minutes after Ryan, hopping on one leg with her crutch. The archery range was crowded with Demeter and Nike kids but they still managed to find a free target.

"Okay punk. Each one of us has ten shots. Try not to be too pathetic," she said, taking her first arrow out and nocking it. She didn't know if he had already been to the archery range, as some of the targets were trick targets. They moved, they changed shape, and sometimes fired back. Chiara had been here enough to know the target they were currently on was such a tricky one, but she didn't say a thing. Why? Cause she's an @sshole, that's why.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/2/2015, 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan) Empty Re: A Duel, Kind Of (Private between me and Morgan)

Post by redline2400 9/2/2015, 10:52 am

"Ten shots... Alright." Taking an arrow and nocking it, Ryan stepped up to where he was supposed to shoot from. But before he let the arrow fly, he lowered his bow and stepped back. "Oh Ryan, where are your manners." He motioned towards the same spot with his arm and got out of the way. "Ladies first."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/2/2015, 2:59 pm

Chiara scoffed at him. "Take your chivalry and shove it up your butthole. I'm not here to be patronized by some pretentious w*nker who literally just got here five minutes ago." She pointed at the target. "Now shut your mouth and shoot."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/16/2015, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/2/2015, 3:07 pm

What a b!*ch. "What pissed you off?" Not waiting for a reply, Ryan stepped back up and let the arrow fly downrange. "Happy now?" The arrow landed right in between the second and third circles away from the bulls-eye*.

(OOC: If we're using the normal "white-black-blue-red-yellow" target design.)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/2/2015, 5:58 pm

Chiara's angry scowl turned into a smug smile. Def a noob, she thought to herself, though then the target responded with a blast of fire, which she immediately side-stepped thanks to her good leg.

"Whoopsie daisy."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/2/2015, 11:27 pm

"WHAT THE F***!?!" Ryan had almost no time to react. But, thankfully, he was jumpy enough that he only managed to singe off a few hairs on his right arm. And getting a first degree burn there as well. Could've been worse. Much, much worse. "Well, that was...interesting. My turn still or will you have a crack at it now?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/3/2015, 4:18 pm

Chiara kept her smug smile on. Sliding her bow off her shoulder, she notched an arrow and drew the string back to her jaw before letting go. The target gave a rumble and started rolling to the side, causing her arrow to hit black. Chiara immediately grabbed three more arrows and fired them until she hit the innermost circle, and inch or two from the bull's eye.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/3/2015, 6:23 pm

OOC: So we know that one shot hit the black circle and the other hit the yellow one. What about the other two she fired? Where'd those ones land?

IC: Yeah...he had no chance. But who knew, maybe he could pull off a victory. A slim, one point (and were they even keeping score? Ryan didn't really know) victory, but a victory.
    He stepped back up to where he fired before without comment, taking an extra four arrows with him. He notched back an arrow, firing it. Lucky for Ryan, the target didn't do any tricky crap, but the arrow sill hit 6 inches away from the center. Oh well...
    Shot 2/4 was less lucky, as the target decided that it wanted to be a triangle,  the arrow hitting the very edge of the target.
    Shots 3/4 hit 2 and 4 inches out from the center, respectively, with the target deciding to fire back at him after 4. Ryan avoided it this time, but it was still a poor reaction time.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/5/2015, 5:57 pm

OOC: I said she fired till she hit yellow, so the others went outside of yellow ^^

BIC:

"You sure you wanna continue?" Chiara taunted. "I met shrimps with better accuracy."

She was leaning on her crutch with her hip pushed to the side, her abs showing from under her shirt while a crooked grin smugly stretched her lips.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/5/2015, 6:21 pm

Comparing him to a shrimp. How cute. With a smug grin, Ryan replied "Nobody has ever won anything by quitting. Of course I'm still in this."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/8/2015, 12:11 pm

"Nobody has ever won anything by getting massacred either, but knock yourself out I guess," Chiara sneered.

She stood back and folded her freckled arms, her copper-colored hair casting light shadows on her face as her smirk deepened.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/8/2015, 6:52 pm

"You know, you really talk a big game for someone who take four shots and then decides that they've won. Here," Ryan backed up. "Take your final five. I clearly am in the presence of a master, so why don't you just back your claims up." The sarcasm was apparent in his voice.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2015, 9:12 am

"Oh you wanna make it like that?" Chiara raised her eyebrows. "Fine. I'll back 'em up."

She crouched down and unlaced her combat boots before kicking them off, pulling her sports socks off in the same motion. Then she went up to the line without her crutch, which sent stinging bolts of pain up her knee but she gritted her teeth and kept her smug face on. The small teen got on her hands and pushed her body upwards into a handstand, her legs curving above her head to her bow. She squeezed the handle between her toes, then did the same with an arrow from her quiver and managed to notch it. Chiara then drew back, biting hard on the inside of her mouth not to hiss in pain. Blood seeped onto her tongue. The target must've sensed she was about to shoot because it sent a series of blinding flashes; Chiara batted her eyelids, locked her gaze on the bull's eye as fast as she could, and let go.

Yellow, right on the middle circle.

"Suck on that, b!tch," she said as she got back up. One further second in that posture would've been too much for her recovering leg but she would never admit it.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/16/2015, 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/12/2015, 7:31 am

Ryan, was impressed. She was probably stupid for doing that with a messed up...something, but she did it anyway. Feeling the need to congratulate Chiara but certainly not about to shower her in applause, he began to slowly clap. "Good job; you hit the bullseye while doing a lot more work than you needed to by performing a useless trickshot. Good for you."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/14/2015, 5:05 am

Chiara pointed at the target, "I hit the bull's eye. You wanna get out there again, cause you were doing a pretty good job of showing me what useless actually is." The pain and this runt's smugass attitude were making her angry (well, angrier), and she felt ready to beat him up -- being a child of Ares, the smallest of things were an excuse to pick a fight.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/16/2015, 9:44 am

Stepping back up to the firing line, Ryan shot out one last quip before firing: "And if you keep pulling off stunts like that with a messed up leg, you just might end up useless yourself."

(OOC: Will add more soon.)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/16/2015, 2:13 pm

Chiara cocked an eyebrow, her pupils contracting. She came forward and grabbed Ryan by the front of his shirt, pulling him down to her eye-level.

"I fought when the monsters invaded camp through the Labyrinth. I defended Olympus in Manhattan last summer." She wasn't shouting like she usually did, instead hissing through clenched jawmuscles. "I've done countless combat and rescue missions. I have never been useless, and never will be, and if you open that c*m dumpster of a mouth one more time, I will kill you, like the kids I killed in Manhattan. Like the kids I killed last month in Maine."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/16/2015, 3:22 pm

Wow. So Angry Cripple B***h actually did something with her life. Somethings, actually. Useful, intresting things. Not useless training and sitting around. For the past 3 months, that's all Ryan had done; train and sit. He wanted action. He wanted purpose. He wanted use. And this, what Chiara had said...THAT sounded interesting. With as serious of a tone as he could put out, Ryan had only one thing to ask: "How many corpses did you leave in Maine?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/16/2015, 5:50 pm

"You think I bothered to count?" She scoffed, tightly holding his shirt in her fist. "It's not like there was much of them left anyway."

She wasn't like others here who valued the lives of their fellow demigods. In Manhattan, Percy would only knock them out, put them on the side of the street, keep them safe. Kill only the monsters. Chiara wasn't like that, and what those kids had done in Maine only confirmed her action choices. Everyone she met could go eat a d!ck.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/16/2015, 9:49 pm

That was all Ryan needed to hear.  "How about we just forget the last 30 minutes of d!cksh!tery ever happened and re-introduce ourselves." Ryan held out his hand, and without changing his tone said "Ryan Michaels, son of Ares. I'm looking to be useful around here, and I hear you're the person to talk to. I've spent the past three months training for a war that may never come and am looking for anything that will free me from my usual cycle of redundant uselessness while putting said training to good use."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/17/2015, 1:56 pm

That was unusual. She frowned then let finally let go of his shirt to grab his hand and shake it. His grip was strong and so was hers, her fingers callused from years of holding weapons.

"Don't worry, the war will come, and quicker than you'd expect. First thing you gotta decide is if you want to fight with honor, or if you want to win."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/17/2015, 5:42 pm

(OOC: Wasn't expecting that kind of reply, although I wasn't expecting aggression.)

Upon releasing Chiara's hand, Ryan got back up to his normal height. "I'm more of an honor kind of guy, but that won't save some fool who decides they want to take on CHB, let alone me."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/19/2015, 6:16 am

"Honor's an empty word. If you think you're here to get some kinda glory, you're in the wrong place. Here we're surviving, there's no time for respect and fair hits."

Chiara had never been much of a "fair" person: eye-gouging, groin-kicking, throat-punching, joint-breaking, that was her style. She'd strike people already on the ground without a second thought.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/19/2015, 9:06 am

"I'll be the judge of that. Who are we usually up against, besides the monsters?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 5:41 am