A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Better Genius (private with Morgan)

Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

The Better Genius (private with Morgan)  Empty The Better Genius (private with Morgan)

Post by Rick Sanchez 8/11/2017, 4:32 pm

“Where are we, Rick?” she gasped, looking at their surroundings.

“You know, Reyna, remember when I said that we were time travelling back to the Trojan War, and I wasn't all surprised when we landed smoothly, wondering where we are? Use your brains already. If you have any.” her twin replied, closing the door behind him. The DeLorean was freezing, its outer layers covered in ice that was rapidly melting thanks to the Ancient Greece heat.

“I thought the DeLorean could only time travel, not positional displacement?”

He took out his flask and drank, shrugging his shoulders.

“That's Dr. Brown. I just installed some teleportation tech I bought from the future--yes, I have been there--which teleports everything in a vicinity of 300 meters. These people, Reyna, they use flying cars. There's nothing in the sky so it's perfectly designed. That's why I chose the forest, no one's there at 2 AM in the morning. Except when they're out stargazing.”

“Everything?”

“Yup.”

“Anything physical?”

“Yes, but they excluded dirt, rocks, anything artificial and so on. The future, you know, it's quite advanced, Reyna. So advanced the planet was literally dead, because they chopped down all the trees and sucked up all the oxygen. These people, Reyna, they've never seen a tree in their life.”

“Does that mean they didn't exclude trees in their list?”

He froze. “Oh sh!t.”

Right on cue, a shockwave suddenly bursted from the Flux Capacitor, as dozens of trees materialized out of nowhere, creating a patch of forest in the middle of a desert. Several fell over, but otherwise, they were okay.

“Oh, thank God, I almost thought it was gonna fall out of the sky or something. We'd be dead for sure. Oh, well.”

Last edited by Rick Sanchez on 4/9/2019, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Better Genius (private with Morgan)  Empty Re: The Better Genius (private with Morgan)

Post by Morgan Landry 8/23/2017, 12:58 pm

When she had overheard her siblings, the twins Rick and Reyna, about a time travel machine, Victoria had wanted in. She'd looked over the contraption several times, asked Rick detailed questions. It looked like....it could work.
    There was nothing more thrilling than testing something you've made for the first time. When it was a sibling it was a bit less thrilling but Victoria's heart still thundered in her ribcage when Rick activated the machine.
    As they stepped outside, a wave of heat hit her square in the face. Two minutes in and she was already sticky with sweat, even in her orange tee and shorts. However there were better things to do than change, namely spatial recognition. They had to find proof that the machine really had transported them back to the Trojan War.
    Victoria's smart lenses zoomed into the soil, scanning and analysing. Rock types and percentages lit up in her vision.

"We're on Mediterranean soil, that much is clear," she said. "Now, to evaluate the time period, our best bet is to go westward since most towns and colonies were located along the coastline back then."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

The Better Genius (private with Morgan)  Empty Re: The Better Genius (private with Morgan)

Post by Rick Sanchez 8/23/2017, 2:12 pm

Reyna nodded. "That sounds good." The demigod opened the hood of the car and picked up their belongings. "Should we hide the DeLorean? Rick?"

He opened his flask and drank. "Wha--? We're actually gonna go west to find some settlement? Nah, that'd be totally unnecessary."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I picked a spot a few dozen miles right outside of Troy, right near the Greek army, you see. Speaking of which--"

The ground began to rumble, the sound of hooves heard in the distance.

"Yep. You heard that right." he raised his index. "The Trojans and Greeks are coming to investigate a forest suddenly spawning in the middle of the desert. You can hear them coming right now."

"Rick!" his sister panicked. "Shouldn't we do something?"

"Nah. We're bound to be captured, anyway, and planning for failure is even worse than having no plans. And as the tactical genius I am, I'll get us out of Troy in no time. After all, we came here to tour around Troy, didn't we?"

"Can't we just get out of here? In the DeLorean?"

"If we had ten minutes, we could. But we don't."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/24/2017, 2:07 am

"Are you out of your mind?" Victoria's eyes flashed like iron. "We are in a war zone! How are you going to convince whoever is coming that we're not enemy spies?" The rumble of hooves was fast approaching. "May I remind you we've travelled back to a time where slavery and human sacrifices are still a thing?" She looked back to Reyna. "I'm getting out of here. If you want to follow your alcoholic brother and his mad plan, then do it. But I didn't come here to be a tourist in the city that's going to burn to the ground," she said those last words with an intense glare at Rick. Victoria tapped her bracelet, which jumped from her wrist and expanded into what looked like a shining smooth surfboard. "Your DeLorean maybe can't outlast horses in the desert, but my hoverboard can."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 8/24/2017, 6:59 am

"Mkay." he shrugged. "Just don't get shot down on the way."

"She's right, Rick! How are you gonna convince them?" Reyna panicked when Victoria quickly flew off.

"Geniuses always have their way. Just watch."

Rick inserted his flask back in his pocket, and moved to the DeLorean, opening its trunk to take out a small backpack. The sound of hooves were ever closer. Reyna drew her weapon.

The voices of the Trojans could be heard now. Being demigods, they could understand exactly what they meant. Something about "capture the spies alive". Rick, meanwhile, has taken out a megaphone, putting on a thick ear muffler that could cancel any sound.

"Take this." he offered Reyna a muffler, as the two armies were now directly on both their sides. She quickly put it over her ears.

|| The following conversations are actually in Ancient Greek

"GET THE SPIES!"

"Testing--1, 2, 3. Are we on? Good." Rick turned up the volume of the megaphone. "DO YOU SERIOUSLY F*CKING THINK THAT TWO SPIES WOULD MAGICALLY MAKE A FOREST APPEAR IN YOUR WARZONE? THIS IS WHY YOU TROJANS WILL LOSE THE WAR."

The megaphone was more than just loud. Its extreme amplifier modification helped create a sound wave that blew everyone off their feet and horses, abrupting into chaos. When he was done, the Trojans and Greeks rose back to their feet.

"They're gods!" one soldier exclaimed, and everyone else in the two armies decided to go with the theory.

"No, they're not." said one commander in the Greek army, who leapt down from his horse. He was masked, but when he pulled it off, it was rather easily predicted who the man was.

"Ah, the mighty Achilles. The nearly indestructible warrior."

"You will not have them as prisoners! They are mine." a commander in the Trojan army ran up, which both the twins speculated to be Paris.

OOC: I'm pretty sure the Trojans at this stage were kinda dumb, and so were the Greeks (after all, they went to war over a woman). A megaphone blasting them off their feet is something only a god could pull off in their eyes, right? Also, I'm setting this after Hector dies, and the two armies are led by Paris and Achilles.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/25/2017, 3:35 am

Ooc- you mean they went to war because of one man's wounded ego and his brother's greed.
    As for saying they're stupid -- just because they lived way before us doesn't make them gullible savages. For example Odysseus was smart as heck, so smart actually that he was Athena's champion. Lack of knowledge is not the same thing as stupidity (remember the Greeks massively contributed to philosophy and sciences).
    The most you could say is that their society was very different from ours, with archaic notions of honour and what's right for example. So, for our characters' better or worse, their actions and reactions would be hard to predict. :p

Bic- Victoria was making good progress on her board. She'd slung on one of the four survival backpacks she had prepared and slalomed away between the treetops before the troops arrived. (Yes she had prepared four backpacks. When you go off on an adventure like that you never know in which terrain you'll land -- desert, tropics, intense cold, sea? Better come prepared.)
    She was just about to leave the trees when a megaphone announcement rattled her ears. Rick's voice blared through the grove in perfect Bronze Age Greek and she skidded to a halt, listening.
    When the message was over she grabbed her head in silent despair. Children of Athena were known for hybris but this brother of hers boarded on madness. What did he think? A bunch of trees had appeared out of nowhere which was something they'd explain with a godly miracle. Demeter, for example, she was known for groves. But that was just one part of the issue. For the Trojans and the Greeks, whoever owned the sacred grove would get the god's favour, so of course they were gonna fight over it! And then, who'd be caught in the fire? Reyna and Rick's strategic genius, or lack thereof.
    Now if they had some sort of nature powers they could claim to be children of Demeter. But they didnt, so how would they explain their presence convincingly? Or rather, how exactly were they gonna convince either party not to kill them? They didn't exactly look like Bronze Age teens.
    Victoria grumbled under her breath, her smart lenses zooming in and out of her surroundings. Really Rick? Two strange kids in strange colourful clothes with strange objects hang out in a miracle forest. And you didn't think they'd be a little bit jittery about the whole thing? When mortals are scared, they attack, you sophist. Especially in times of war.
    But there was no point arguing with him in her head. If he was as smart as the other children of Athena, he'd --
    Suddenly a thought made her skin pale. What if Rick said they were children of Athena in front of the Trojans? Olympus help her, he couldn't be that crazy.
    Victoria clenched her fists and let out a long, frustrated sigh. Things were not going well for them at all. Her sister and delusional brother were trapped between two large armies with very meagre chances of survival. She was lucky to have left in time. Which also meant that, whether she liked it or not, she was the twins' last chance in case things truly went south.
    Victoria slid the backpack off her shoulder. Time to get changed.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 8/25/2017, 6:21 am

"Who are you two?" Achilles drew his sword.

"My name's Rick Sanchez, and this is my sister Reyna." he lied.

"And what is this place?" Paris demanded, drawing his sword as well. "It's obviously a grove of Demeter, the goddess of trees, isn't it? Otherwise, it wouldn't have grown here overnight!"

"Yup." he shrugged.

"And what about this iron machine?!" Achilles pointed at the DeLorean.

"It's a shrine for Hephaestus, you do not wanna destroy it. Trust me."

"Take them for questioning! Then we will see who gets this grove." Achilles commanded, and several Greek soldiers stepped forward. Paris gestured his soldiers.

"They are mine." Achilles pointed his sword at his adversary.

"We claim this grove first, they are ours." Paris grunted.

"DIE, THEN!" Paris ran back to his horse. Achilles followed suite, and the two armies raised their weapons.

"Oh, boy, we're screwed."

"Take them!" several soldiers ran forward, a Greek and a Trojan grabbing Rick and Reyna, respectively. Reyna elbowed the one holding her and sent a punch at the second soldier. Rick, however, grabbed her arm and spoke in English.

"Reyna! Listen, listen. These dumb f*cks are gonna kill us if we resist. Look, just let them take you. I'll see you when this is over."

"O-okay."

The two siblings parted, disappearing into the soldier lines. Their hands were bound, and they were put on a horse, back to Troy and the Greek camp. Behind them, they could hear the sound of the two armies clashing, fighting for the sacred grove of Demeter and the shrine of Hephaestus.

OOC: Also, can we have Athena visit later on? Since this is just AU RPing, so it doesn't really count? I imagine that Athena would be very curious about her "son" from the future and the DeLorean time machine.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/26/2017, 12:41 pm

Victoria may not have Annabeth's magic baseball cap but she had other means of appearing invisible. As she surfed back to the spot she had left the twins at, the scales of her bodysuit rippled, picking up background colours and textures to mimick her surroundings. She arrived just in time to witness the capture of her siblings, one by each army, and went through her entire cussing vocabulary in alphabetical order. How was she supposed to protect them both now? Usually the twins were clever and skilled enough to hold their ground, but right here they were both hopelessly outnumbered. They didn't even have armour on, and spears got thrown around quickly in the Trojan War.
    She decided to keep up with Reyna first. Ancient cultures like these were not very friendly towards women and didn't care about things like consent. Reyna had higher chances of being mistreated than Rick, so she tipped her board forward and flew above the Trojan army, keeping an eye on her sisters head in the crowd of spears and helmets.

OOC: Yup sounds good
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 8/26/2017, 2:07 pm

Soon, he found himself in the Greek camp. It was filled with thousands of soldiers, all of them brandishing their swords and armors. Rick was tossed into one of the jail cells, violently, by one of the guards.

"If I ever get out of here, you will die first."

"Heh." the guard sneered.

Hours passed. The camp was quiet now, the soldiers asleep. The sound of the commotion was over, meaning both armies probably took their prizes. He'd hoped the Greeks took the DeLorean, and put it in the hands of someone decent, like Odysseus.

When morning came, a man appeared at his cell door. He had a scholarly look to him, unlike everyone else. It took him several seconds to deduct his identity.

"Are you Rick Sanchez?"

"No, I'm Helen of Troy. Of course I'm Rick Sanchez, how many Rick Sanchezes do you see around here?"

"Allow me to introduce myself."

"La di dah, Odysseus, the greatest minds of Ancient Greece. Can we skip that already?"

"Well, Rick Sanchez, would you kindly come with us?"

"No."

"We were hoping you'd shed some light on the contraption that appeared with you yesterday, which you claim to be a shrine for Hephaestus. Otherwise, we'd demolish it ourselves for study, because it doesn't look like a shrine."

"Here's the deal: you, me, alone somewhere with the machine. Since you're a smart guy, there's high chances you'd understand what I'm saying, since my Mother is your patron goddess."

"The goddess Athena is your mother?"

"Yes. Let's keep it to ourselves, alright?"
    -------
    Reyna was brought into the secure city of Troy. She knew for sure she was going to be interrogated. Even worse, rape and sexual slavery were still legal, so she figured she'd try her best to avoid it.

"Oi, what's gonna happen to me?"

A guard turned to look at her. "The jail cell for you. If you behave, you can get out of there and act as one of Lady Helen's servants, assuming she finds you attractive enough, which I do. At any rate, we won't kill you until we have enough information."

She soon found herself in a cell, next to several other degenerates. Great, did they seriously have to put her with potential rapists?

"Hey there, beautiful." one of them stroke her arm, prompting her to grab his wrist, twist it and wrestle him to the floor. The other prisoners stepped back.

"You are to remain within 10 steps away from me, or you can join him on the cozy floor."

"Y-yes, Ma'am."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/27/2017, 3:12 pm

A couple of guards arrived in front of the cell. One of them opened the door and brought in cups of food before leaving them with a glare. As soon as the door slammed shut, one of the other prisoners fell to the floor. His eyes rolled up. The others exchanged glances then the second one fell. And the third. All knocked out cold.
    When all of them more motionlessly on the ground, the air parted and Victoria's face appeared floating at eye level. "Reyna. Are you okay?" she asked, pulling back the hood of her camo suit so that her whole head could be seen.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 8/27/2017, 3:43 pm

"I'm alright." she breathed a sigh of relief. "Let's get out of here, huh?"

They pushed open the door, but the moment she touched the bar, her hands passed through it like smoke.

"Oh no." she pulled out her phone, and looked at the picture attached to the back of the phone. It featured Rick and Reyna as happy 9-year-olds, except it was turning blurry.

"Victoria--we can't leave yet."

--------

"Listen carefully."

"Alright" Odysseus shrugged.

"I'm from the future. I came here in a time machine that I invented. And I have to go back to the year 2017, about 3000 years from now."

"You tampered with the laws of time?"

"Yes."

"This could potentially be disastrous. The first problem is that--"

"I know, we can potentially erase ourselves from existence. What's the second one?"

"It is just a possibility, but Kronos."

"What?"

"Kronos is the Titan of evil time. He feeds on tamperaments of time and paradoxes. Your arrival could allow him to rise again."

"If we don't alter the past, then there won't be any paradoxes. We'll be fine."

"Perhaps you're right. In the meantime, I've arranged for you to be my new assistant, so you don't have to sleep in a heavily guarded hut. Change that filthy clothes from the future of yours, Rick Sanchez."

Odysseus concluded their hour-long conversation. Rick had to admit the guy was way too smart for this era in history. At least now he knew he had some help.

He rushed to a largely untouched part of the beach, taking some time to clean himself up. The demigod put on some new clothes, and was just about to return to Camp, until he found himself face to face with a woman. She was undeniably beautiful, with brunette hair and stormy grey eyes.

"You do know how to fabricate a good story, Rick Sanchez."

"Hi, Mom." he said.

"Excuse me?"

"Stormy gray eyes. Knows about my private story with Odysseus even though it was told in heavy secrecy. Appeared out of nowhere. Greeks don't allow women in the military either. Who else can you be, but my own Mother, the goddess of wisdom, Athena?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/1/2017, 12:52 pm

Victoria growled. "You mean we're trapped in here?" Her eyes flashed like daggers. Great. Just great. She turned away from her sister and walked back and forth, trying to come up with solutions in her head. "How long?"

----------

The goddess narrowed her eyes. "I know all my children. And if I gave one of them a name as strange as Rick Sanchez, I would remember it," she said. "But you? I have never seen you. You appeared in the desert, with the trees and that machine that -- excuse me for saying -- doesn't look like it was crafted by Hephaestus. His designs aren't so sloppy."
    Athena shouldered her spear. "So where did you come from, Rick Sanchez?" she said his name with a slightly amused tone.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 9/1/2017, 4:21 pm

"Well, the first theory that I'm jumping to here is that at some point in the next few days, the Greeks will somehow lose the Trojan War. Aeneas will not be able to flee North, found the Roman Empire, and history will be changed drastically from that point on." she muttered, as they were sneaking towards their escape.

"On a previous occasion, Rick proved that the butterfly effect is wrong, because the space time continuum has a self-repair mechanism, and a small and insignificant event won't change the future one bit. It takes a large ripple to actually alter it." she continued her explanation.

--------
    He sighed, and looked directly at her in the eye, for a bit of a dramatic effect.

"Alright. I'm from the future. I came here in a time machine that I invented. Which is the sloppy machine you saw. Approximately 3000 years from now, you will give birth to me and my twin sister. Fifteen years after that, I would begin building the time machine, which is capable of going back and forth in the space time continuum. I finished it two years later, and here I am, with Reyna and another one of your children, named Jerry Smith."

Inside, he hoped that the joke will manage to take off.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/1/2017, 4:40 pm

Victoria looked at her. "So how do we stop this mess?" she asked, her face still floating in the air. One of the prisoners groaned and moved, but she punched him in the nape of the neck with an invisible fist, sending his head lolling forward.

----

Athena's eyes glowed dangerously. She didn't like mortals, or demigods, who looked so boldly at her. The first lesson all her children learned was: Mum is the best. "Show respect. Whether or not I am your mother, I am a goddess, and you are an Earth-dweller." She turned to look at the setting sun, the sky shimmering in shades of red and pink. "If you live 3000 years from now, why did you pick this time to travel back to?"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 9/1/2017, 4:51 pm

"Well, obviously, we have to investigate what went wrong. Then fix it." A guard went past, and she took the chance to sneak up behind him and used all her strength to choke him, until the man was unconscious.

Reyna dragged the guard back into her cell, threatening the other prisoners with a knife to ensure they don't say a word.

-------

"Oh, the Trojan War is quite exciting. You will be amazed what the world will be like 3000 years from now, but to us, this historical place is quite interesting."

He lowered his voice to a whisper.

"And, Mom, don't tell the gods advocating for the Trojans, but the Greeks win."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/8/2017, 3:40 pm

"You know they're gonna talk, right?" she whispered later on as they snuck through the corridors. "The guys you threatened. You should've knocked them out."

-----

"The Greeks?" Athena frowned, then a light smile came to her face. "Of course they do. They're backed by me, after all."
    She could sense he wasn't lying, and gazed at him with curiosity. Not a particularly friendly curiosity, more like a scientist who got her hands on an interesting test subject and couldn't wait to dissect it.
    "Come, away from the waters," she ordered. "The ears under the surface are not our friends. Let us walk, my... child. Explain to me in detail what you came here for."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 9/8/2017, 7:19 pm

"Oh, I know they will. But by then, we'll be gone, and the guards would find out about our escape no sooner anyway."

The duo trudged slowly behind a stone table, and Reyna held Victoria to a full stop when many footsteps could be heard coming.

"What is it?" she recognized it--it was Paris.

"My lord--the prisoner, she has escaped."

"Then look for her! Lock down the city, we don't want her leaving this place with any precious information, especially those regsrding our defenses."

"Yes, my lord."

The soldier rushed off, and Paris walked over to the table, sighing. The two sisters quickly ducked down out of sight, while the prince of Troy was greeted by a feminine voice.

"Helen." Reyna mouthed. She really had no idea, but she could tell from the way they talk to each other. Paris turned his back, leaving the entry door wide open for fleeing.

----

"Well--" he started. "I came here for absolutely no reason. Like I said, Mother, we're merely tourists, because the Trojan War was quite fascinating to us. That's it." he shrugged.

"Now, my only problem is reuniting with my two sisters. Then, we'll take the DeLorean and head back to the future as soon as possible. Staying too long could potentially damage the future."

Something in his backpack beeped. Loudly. He knew what it was. For the first time, he was actually fearful. The demigod pulled out his phone, quickly checked the alarm, and looked back up at the goddess.

"Well, the irony. The future is totally screwed. I'm staying a bit longer, assuming I have the time. Will you help me, Mom? This concerns all of the gods and all of humanity."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2017, 6:05 am

"Then why did you waste time threatening them? You are so..." she skidded to a halt with Reyna. Footsteps approaching. Quickly she threw mask of her suit over her face -- it rippled once and adopted the appearance of her background.
    Paris wasn't like she expected him to be. He was tall and muscular, with long black curls and a rich tunic. Nothing like the slender youth usually depicted in books and movies.

Camouflaged by her suit, she stalked forward. Nothing could be seen of her except a vague shimmer in the air when her body suit changed texture. She was about to steal out of the door when her eyes caught Helen. Her breath stopped in her throat. Her mind froze. She had heard about her beauty of course -- but no story, no written description could have prepared her for the splendor she saw right now. Helen had the most harmonious, delightful face she had ever seen. Her blonde hair, braided with a crown of gold, rippled down her back in gentle curls. And her lips... by the gods, her lips....
    ________

Athena gave the boy a frown. "Youre my son you say? No child of mine would be so stupid as to come to a war simply for the purpose of having a look." She sighed. "The question is, boy, will you help me? You are a demigod, you are designed to carry out the will of the gods. Serve me well, and I will grant you something you desire."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 9/9/2017, 8:57 am

"Hey! What's that?"

A guard pointed at exactly where Victoria was standing. He'd noticed a shimmer. Paris turned around, and his sharp eyes caught sight of the trespasser immediately.

The prince of Troy drew his sword. "Come out, spy. We know you're there."

-----

"Alright."

He raised his phone for her to see. It was the journal of an unknown demigod written in 1985, with the line KRONOS LIVES written all across the page.

"Here are the details. Chiron has confirmed it for us. Kronos, the evil Titan King, has taken the throne. Several days ago, us Greeks at Camp Half-Blood fought a bloody war on the streets of New York City, to hold them off from Mount Olympus. It was a loss. Kronos destroyed us with no effort, leaving almost no survivors behind. We've heard that he now has the Olympian Throne, and together with Hyperion, has destroyed the gods. We have never seen him with this much power, not even during the First Titan War thousands of years ago."

He slid to the next page. "Most of the Olympian gods are destroyed now. Athena, Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, and the other Olympians, Kronos has dissipated their essence and, in other words, killed them. Now, we can only wait for him to conquer the rest of the world and enslave all human beings."

He put his phone back in his pocket.

"Something will happen in the next few days. Something that will completely detour modern history as we know it. Kronos, being the god of evil time, feeds on paradoxes in the space time continuum. It's why he rose to power in 1985, 20 years early. It's why he was able to overthrow Zeus, and kill you, Mother. It's why I will cease to exist if I don't fix this, because you'd have never existed to give birth to me in the first place."

He shrugged.

"I will help you, Mother, and the only favor I ask from you is this." he pulled from his pocket an envelope, with the words DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 1985. Why 1985? Well, Rick loved that year, so why not?

"It's something really important that your future self will find out in the year 1985. It's actually the reason why I came, but it can only be opened then. Otherwise, it will jeopardize the whole thing."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/28/2017, 5:36 am

Victoria cursed under her breath. It was a quite scientific curse. She hadn't noticed, of course, that invisible Eros had just shot her with a golden arrow and caused in her heart a jumble of feelings for Helen.

Paris was coming towards her with his sword drawn. Her eyes narrowed and she threw back the hood of her suit, revealing only her face as she growled. "Come and get me then, young prince." And she darted off, hoping the diversion would be enough to allow Reyna to escape.

------------

Athena took the envelope from Rick and studied it. "I cannot open it, you say? Luckily I've got a bit more brains than Pandora." The letter shimmered silver in her hand, then disappeared. "What you're telling me is alarming. But thanks to your warning, we have 3000 years to plan for this. Why don't you stay with here for now? I'll fly up to Olympus and talk it out among gods." The way she said that was more of a, stay out of it, let the grown people talk.
    She waved her hand at the encampment and a new hut appeared out of nowhere. Rich curtains flowed over the doorway and the inside was equipped with top tier Bronze Age furniture. "Stay with the Greeks. They'll treat you well."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 9/28/2017, 2:03 pm

"Hey, hey!"

The guards followed Paris as Victoria darted out through the door, until the hallway was empty except for Helen. Taking the chance, Reyna leapt over the table and ran directly past the princess, knowing that there was nothing Helen could do but call for guards, which she did. As several soldiers began to pursue her, she found herself cornered on the edge of a wall.

"Perfect." she mumbled. The guards were getting ever closer. Looking down beneath her, she saw a building that may not kill her with landing impact.

F*ck it, she thought, and leapt over the ledge.

----

"Alright." As he was checking out the tent, his Mother disappeared without a trace, most likely to do what she said she would.

A while later, after looking through several articles of the future to determine the paradox, he found Odysseus at the doorway.

"Rick Sanchez, where did this tent come from?"

"I have magic. Anyway, what is it?"

"Achilles wants to see you. He was smarter than he looks, and he trusts your story. Now, he wants to know what we will use to defeat the Trojans."

He shrugged. "All right."

Half an hour later, Rick arrived at the commanders tent. It was surrounded by dozens of guards, and thy took any contraband on him, before letting him in. Seeing all the leaders of the Greeks in one place was a good reason to have the place completely barred off. Agamemnon, Achilles, and Odysseus.

Achilles looked at him, and went straight to business.

"Odysseus said you drew the plans. Give it to us."

"Nothing is free, amigo."

"Don't make us threaten you with your life. The plans."

From his pocket, he drew out a neatly folded schematic that had its contents hidden behind the folds.

"It has a catch to it."

"What?"

"It is written in invisible ink. Designed to be read only under the moon light. Which means, you can check it out 2 days from now."

"Don't play games with me, boy." Agamemnone interrupted.

"I'm not. Except I ran out of regular ink, so there's that."

Agamemnon grunted as he took the schematics. Immediately, a soldier rushed into the tent, breathing from exhaustion.

"What is it?"

"Sir, we--we found a girl. Golden hair. She claimed to have escaped from Troy, driven out of there by the Trojans. She had strange clothing on, which constantly flickered between colors, as if it was some broken magic. We have her in the prisoner tent, but she said she knows a person named Rick."

"Take me to her."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/2/2017, 4:46 am

OOC: You realize Helen is a child of Zeus, right? :P There's much more she can do apart from calling for guards

BIC:
    Victoria sat in a smelly tent, sandwiched between blood-covered Trojans, men and women alike. One of them had the garb of an Apollo priestess.
    Getting out of Troy had been a nightmare. She'd jumped out a window, called her hoverboard who caught her one meter from the ground, almost broke both legs and ankles, then had to ward off arrows as she flew away over the walls. Was she injured? Yes. At several places. But thanks to the ambrosia in her backpack, it was all getting better.
    Even her suit was recovering. An arrow to the display monitor had almost broken it but fortunately that wouldn't take too long to fix. Victoria was just about to get to it when the flaps of the tent opened wide. Two guards stepped in, then turned aside to reveal a muscular man in rich robes, whose curly hair and beard flowed down mid-chest. He wore golden bracelets and smelled of perfumed oils.
    Victoria's eyes narrowed. Was this Agamemnon?
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 10/2/2017, 6:48 am

OOC: Meh :P

BIC: Rick entered shortly after everyone else, his suspicion confirmed when he found Victoria in the tent.

"Rick Sanchez, is this the Jerry Smith you speak of?"

"Yes." he nodded, snickering. He looked around hopefully, but Reyna was not there. She must still be in Troy.

"Gentlemen, I need a minute with Jerry Smith here."

"Why?"

"Because it is crucial information that can screw you over if you listen."

Grunting, Agamemnon motioned his guards to follow him out. Rick turned his gaze back to Victoria, while sitting down next to her.

"I'm glad you're alive, otherwise Chiron will kick me out if we ever go back to the future. Assuming we still have a future to return to. Where's Reyna?"

----

She woke up in a dimly lit household. Reyna couldn't remember what had happened, other than falling from a high ground, breaking several bones in the process. Now, she was here: her bloodied outfit taken from her, and she was clothed in an Ancient Greece dress instead--maybe it was a chiton.

"Mom? Mom, is that you?" she couldn't see properly whoever that was sitting by a table.

"Just relax. You've been asleep for over 9 hours."

"Oh, Mom--I had a terrible nightmare--I went back in time with Rick, and injured myself."

"Well, that was no nightmare, but you're safe and sound now."

The sentence made her weary eyes shot open, and Reyna jumped up in her bed. She looked at the woman who sat by the bed: brunette, stormy gray eyes, and very much resembled herself.

"You're--you're--"

"Your brother was much faster at deducting who I was. He told the Greeks your name was Rey Skywalker, is it not? Or did he lie about it, like he lied about his own surname?"

"He lied about it. You're--my mother, Athena?"

"Correct, my child."

"Wh--why did you save me?"

"After I consulted with the gods about your situation, we decided that you'll be an important part of what's to come next. Of course, you will eventually have to repay this debt with servitude to me, but not now."

"Are Victoria and Rick alright?" Reyna asked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 8:33 am