A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh]

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh] Empty A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 11/19/2014, 6:36 pm

A moving shadow ran across the fallen leaves on the forest's ground without making any noise. It looked like some wild feline. But actually, it was just a daughter of Bast who moved way better on all fours. Astrid jumped suddenly, taking pulse from the racing, and tried to grab a short tree branch with her quick arms. She managed to do it, but also knocked her head with all her strenght against the wood. She fell from a height of approximately two meters and lay sprawled on the dirt for a few moments. When her vision stabilized, she tried to sit down, and so she realized that her whole body ached, mostly her forehead, from which dropped a warm, viscous liquid. Due to her still dizzy mind, Astrid only realized that she was bleeding when she touched the open cut on her brow. Maybe her training for climbing trees like a cat wasn't going so well. She would try again after she fixed that minor problem. She ripped part of her flannel jacket to use as a makeshift tourniquet and calmly began to tie her boots. A thought crossed her mind: She was in a Forest said to be infested by monsters, right? Maybe the metalic smell of blood could attract some kind of creature towards her. She should leave that place as soon as possible, but she was still moving slowly after the awkward accident. It seemed like she always managed to get in trouble, no matter how stupid it was.

Last edited by Edgar Allan Poe on 11/19/2014, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh] Empty Re: A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh]

Post by Kendall 11/19/2014, 6:58 pm

The lonely, deadly forest -- oh how you've been missed.

Kendall was running, running, running -- through the leaves, ducking under branches, leaping over logs or fallen trees like a track sprinter would a hurdle. Her hair, tied back into a ponytail, flowed in the wind as she took her average day's exercise in the dreary monster-infested forest, where nobody would or could bother her. Her half-siblings in the Ares cabin liked to run together through the camp, the commons area and then down to the beach, back to the lake, and then end in the cabin courtyard, while along the way they liked to trip each other up or push and shove like muscular toddlers. It had become so annoying that she had left them to run by themselves almost five years ago, running alone except with maybe a friend or two through a path in the forest she had found and made for herself.

Huffing and puffing, she strained herself to go faster and farther; sweat rolled down her face and neck, beginning to seep into the collar of her black tank top. It was still so damned hot in camp, and what was it now? September? October?

At that question, Ken began to slow down, pondering the question. Her heart pounded in her chest and her breathing was harsh, erratic -- but slowly, she began to laugh out loud at herself, all alone (or so she thought) in the forest, with her sword Bloody War tied securely to her back for protection. She couldn't even remember what month it was -- hysterical, absolutely hysterical. She coughed slightly and wiped off the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand, deciding with a glance at her watch that it was high time to be getting back. Turning around in a circle, the daughter of Ares examined her surroundings: was it... this was, to go back? No, she had just come from that way, but it was such a long route.

Blowing some strands of hair out of her face, Kendall turned to her right and began to walk in that direction: she would most likely find a nymph or satyr to talk to, who could direct her out of the forest and back into camp. She liked most of them, they had some good sense to knock some idiotic younger campers' heads together when they decided to vandalize parts of the forest. As she walked, however, she heard a dull and rather crunch whump somewhere to her left, like something falling. She paused suddenly, hand slowly reaching for her sword's handle. "Who's there?" she called out suddenly, then almost smacked herself. Why would she lead whatever it was right to her?
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh] Empty Re: A very original way to get rid of boredom. [Private for me and Kennuh]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 11/19/2014, 7:11 pm

If it wasn't for the situation, and for the numbing pain that she felt, maybe Astrid would have mocked on the owner of the voice who asked, somewhere behind her, who was there. It was like in trash horror movies: The dumb character is already trembling in fear when he asks, "who's there?" And so the psychopath attacks, because he obviously wouldn't introduce himself first, and the person only revealed his localization. Astrid almost replied, "Oh hey! I'm a drachaena and I'm here to kill you!", but she had more urgent things to do, instead of ridicule whoever it was.  She looked back and quickly had a glimpse of gleaming Celestial Bronze. Some demigods were so... Unkind. Well, she couldn't blame the poor girl, because she would probably have done the same if she heard a mysterious noise in the forest. She took a deep breath before she decided to answer. "Um, could you please sheathe back your sword? I couldn't harm you even if I wanted to. My name is Astrid, I'm kind of wounded and I guess I need help." She would have easily solved that problem on her own, but people who refused help, even from agressive strangers, never got any better.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/19/2014, 7:27 pm

Well, the voice certainly did sound human enough. Keeping her hand by her sword handle, Kendall approached the voice cautiously, parting the branches of a tree with one hand -- only to get smacked in the face when she moved it a little too far to the left -- to see who this voice belonged to. It was definitely a girl and not a nymph; it smelled faintly iron-y here, like there had been blood spilled. Squinting slightly, she realized the girl had a rip in her jacket and some sort of cloth patch on her forehead; she couldn't exactly tell right now. Maybe she was just trying to be edgy.

"Well, that seems like quite the problem there," Ken ventured to call out, passing underneath the branch to step closer to her. The girl was sort of sitting on the ground, looking a bit grumpy judging by her facial expression. The whole ridiculousness of the situation hadn't dawned on her until now: she had gone running to be alone and away from the rest of camp, only to encounter... someone from camp. She supposed that it was a natural occurrence, considering its vicinity from the main areas of the entire place, but the forest was so large that rarely anybody stumbled upon anybody here; it had been safe for her to assume she'd be entirely alone besides the crickets and maybe a loose hellhound. "Did you fall or something? I don't have any ambrosia or nectar with me, but if you need to walk and can't, I can help with that."
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 11/19/2014, 7:55 pm

Astrid shrugged. She didn't want to tell exactly what happened to her. It was a really stupid and unworthy way to get hurt. "Yeah. In short, I could say that I fell." She realized that her hands were still bloody, and she couldn't give the unknown a polite handshake. She nervously wiped them on her jacket, that was already destroyed anyway. "Nevermind. I guess I brought some nectar with me." Astrid rommaged in her backpack that was leaning on a tree trunk in search of anything that could be useful, but all her supplies were over, precisely at one of the rare times when she actually needed them. She let out a frustrated sigh and looked back at the girl, trying to seem self-assured. The cut wasn't that deep. It wouldn't kill her. But it would be better if she could get to the Infirmary safe and sound. "Ok, I didn't bring anything neither, but it's not that bad. I can't walk very well because I guess I sprained something in the impact. But I don't want to bother you and make you carry me back to Camp." She should follow her own advices. Accepting help was still a big issue for her. She tried to change the subject so she wouldn't look like she was about to die. "Hey, I've just realized that I don't even know your name yet."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/21/2014, 3:26 pm

Watching the girl try and fail to find nectar in her bag, the demigod sighed and held out her hand to Astr-- what was her name? Aster? No, it was Astrid. Like that character from that movie about dragons or something. She noticed that Astrid's hands were bloody when she wiped them on her jacket, but for now, she decided to say nothing about it. "The name's Kendall, daughter of Ares. Here, take my hand and I'll help you up, you can lean on me on the way back -- I'll carry your backpack too, if you want." That is, of course, if Ken could remember the way back. Maybe the girl knew the way better than she did: the faster they got out, the more likely it was that they wouldn't be attacked by monsters -- and to be honest, she didn't feel like fighting for two today.

Ken was no healer of any sort, but she did know that if the girl couldn't walk then something was pretty damned wrong: a part of her leg could be broken or she could have a deep wound instead of the sprain, like she claimed, which would probably be exacerbated by them hobbling in sync back to the infirmary. Maybe they'd meet a nice nymph or satyr along the way who would go get help or tell them the way back; that strip of cloth over the injury didn't seem like it could hold up for a long hobble, even if they readjusted it a lot.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 11/24/2014, 12:08 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait. This was one of my rare busy weekends. Oh, and I swear this isn't where I got this name from. Maybe a little.

Astrid grinned. She wasn't used to kindness. "Thanks, my backpack isn't that heavy. I just need some help to stand." There was a moment of silence, because she was slightly embarassed by the situation and so she didn't want to talk. She ran her fingers through her short brown hair, that was permanently messed. It was calming. Until she felt another shooting pain on her wound. Maybe it was getting serious. There was no point in standing there and having an icebreaking conversation. But then she realized something. She had some fun on guessing people's godly parents, and as Kendall was really tough, she decided to ask her an unusual question. "You're a daughter of Ares, right?" She tightened the strip of fabric, which was already getting soaked in red, some more, and walked slowly towards Kendall. Astrid felt dizzy when her leg swung. She already had a problem with walking due to an old fracture, exactly on that leg, so the situation couldn't be worse. She leaned on Kendall, carefully, so she wouldn't knock both of them down.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/24/2014, 6:38 pm

"Oh, yeah, that's right," Ken replied steadily, trying to balance the girl and make sure she didn't put too much pressure on her injured leg. A cursory glance told her that the wound looked pretty bad, based on how bloody the makeshift bandage was, but it might stop soon if the bandage were tight enough and her blood did... that coangle thing. Coangle? Something like that. This daughter of Ares never paid any attention to those Apollo healers' ramblings about what the body did to defend itself against diseases and all that; she liked to tough any illnesses or injuries out until she figured out she had worsened it somehow, whether it be by taking the wrong medicines or not binding a wound correctly or what. Ken had almost done this when her shoulder was broken during the quest with Eric, but luckily an Apollo healer got to her in time on their return, before she'd really messed up her arm.

Clearing her throat slightly, she made a slight movement as if to move forward, but stopped before her foot could touch the ground. "Er, yeah. Well, anyway, we should get moving. Do you want to move first, or should I? I don't want you to strain yourself."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 8:52 am