A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Boredom Made Me

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Boredom Made Me Empty Boredom Made Me

Post by Sammy 6/11/2014, 3:25 pm

Sofia glided into the courtyard, sketchpad in hand. Her brown hair was tied up in a loose messy bun. Strands hung over her birthmark, covering it pretty thoroughly. She would probably look strange to most people in her long-sleeved sweater and skinny jeans in the middle of summer, but Sofia always had been extremely cold-natured. She leaned up against a tree and reached into her small canvas tote, pulling out her favorite pencils and her collapsible easel.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Boredom Made Me Empty Re: Boredom Made Me

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/11/2014, 3:35 pm

Prince walked into the Courtyard mindlessly, as he was leaving his cabin. He totally forgot that there was this small spot in CHB which he rarely visited. Who needs a courtyard, anyway? It seemed like a good place if you wanted to isolate yourself from society. Soon he realized that a probably anti-social girl was also there, drawing quietly while sitting on a corner. As she was remarkably pretty, and Prince felt extremely bored, he decided to approach her, disturb her peace and start a random and awkward conversation. "Hi. What are you drawing?" He greeted her, even thought she hadn't raised her eyes at him yet. He hoped he wouldn't scare her.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/11/2014, 3:53 pm

Sofia shrieked softly and fell back. The sudden voice interrupting her quiet mind had startled her. Her sketch book lay sprawled out on the ground, flipped to a page depicting a large, wilting lily. "S-sorry," The girl stuttered, hoping her bright green eyes didn't display too much remaining fear. Sofia had been having some reoccurring dreams of her father lately, and recently even the smallest squeak would cause her to jump. She scooped her books back into her bag, leaving her sketchbook, pencils, and easel out. "Its nothing really, just a drawing," She brushed the question off. Honestly, the one thing that Sofia was most embarrassed about was her art. Even though she was extremely talented, she always saw the tiniest flaws in everything she did.

Last edited by The Landlord's Daughter on 6/26/2014, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/11/2014, 4:05 pm

Prince smirked, pretending to be embarassed. Actually, his sassy personality wouldn't allow that. He ran a hand through his curly chocolate brown hair while he was thinking about something kind to say.  "I'm sorry that I scared you. I shouldn't even be disturbing your peace. I'm Prince Ramirez." As a gentleman, he tried to help her to straighten back, but she was fine already. He quickly sat by her side and peeked furtively into her drawing before she could notice it. "You're really talented." He commented, honestly.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/11/2014, 4:21 pm

"Sofia Micas. Its fine. Its not like its my courtyard or anything," She replied, studying his features curiously...hopefully without getting caught. She was brought back into the conversation by his compliment. "Thanks," She quickly answered, before reaching towards the book and setting it back up on the easel. After a few awkward moments of just drawing, she began talking to herself, one of her worst habits when she was drawing. "Its supposed to be a cliff scene. I just can't seem to get her hair right," She began, erasing the stray marks of another failed attempt. So far, she had the cliff face and the girl sitting on the edge of it. She usually saved the background details for last.

Sofia absentmindedly began twirling her hair, exposing the dark birthmark on the left side of her pale face. Sofia realized too late what she was doing and quickly smoothed down her hair on the side of her cheek.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Post by calvin 6/11/2014, 6:48 pm

OOC: You guys could've waited for me xD

BIC: Nathan shadow-travelled into the courtyard wearing a red tee, his Fire Red Jordans, blue jeans, and his iPad in-hand, his hellhound Iggy at his side. He was running Microsoft Word, and typing up a story. "Hm... Needs work. Maybe I should-- Holy. Sh*t. She is beautiful. Like way beautiful. Should I go talk to her?" he asked his hellhound. Duh, he couldn't talk, but it couldn't hurt to try, could it? He decided to do it, and saw she was drawing. She likes to draw? I like to draw, too! If guys could fangirl, I'd be doing it. Wait... That's fanboying, isn't it?

Nathan approached the pretty lady, hands in his pockets, thumbs out. Iggy wasn't far behind. My palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's gonna be vomit on her sweater pretty soon, and it's sure as hell not mom's spaghetti. he thought. Stop being such a p*ssy, Nate. he imagined the dog saying. He heeded his "advice" and approached the girl. "Hi. I'm Nate. Mind if I sit? Oh... he said, noticing another guy with her. "Are you two... Together? If you are, I can just go." he said, hoping he could just shadow-travel away.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/11/2014, 9:52 pm

OOC: Sorry, but we've barely started the rp. Your charrie will make the plot way more interesting.

Prince kept watching enchanted while she corrected her drawing with perfectionism, and didn't notice when she stared at him for a few moments. And even if he had noticed, he wouldn't bother. "If the draft is this good, it will certainly be wonderful when it's finished." He said, without sparing on his compliments. Then he looked back at her. He noticed that she was trying desperately to hide a cute, charming birthmark, which even made her prettier. Those daughters of Aphrodite. Prince should be careful with them. He had some terribles experiences with those beautiful heartbreakers before. He was deep in his thoughts and didn't even realize it when another guy walked near them. Prince stared at the guy for a couple seconds, assenssing him, with cold antipathy  reflecting in his golden brown tiger eyes. Then he replied with a soft and calm voice tone, as usual. "...Not really. You can sit. Nice to meet you." He tried really hard not to kick that guy out. No, he wasn't "together" with Sofia, but he would really rather to be completely alone with her.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/12/2014, 11:55 am

Sofia was a bit less startled at another voice, but she still jumped a bit. She had barely even noticed the other boy's compliment. When she got into her work, it was a rude awakening when she was pulled back down onto Earth. She looked up at the new arrival. "Oh, no, its fine. You can sit," She replied, returning back to her work. To be honest, she couldn't remember the last time she'd been "together" with someone. Being a daughter of Aphrodite didn't usually mean that guys were pouring over you all the time. It usually meant that guys were pouring over your looks all the time. And Sofia obviously didn't have any of those.

She noticed that the guy had some type of tablet. She wanted to ask what he was doing, but she was afraid she would offend him in some way.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/12/2014, 12:19 pm

"...Not really. You can sit. Nice to meet you." the boy had said. "Oh, no, its fine. You can sit," said the girl.

"Great. I'm Nathan. But you can call me Luke, if you want." he said to them, extending his hand for the boy to shake.

He looked back to the drawing. "Nice drawing. It looks great. It looks like you keep messing up with her hair, however. Need some help?" he asked. He really wanted to help, he did, but he didn't want to piss the other guy off. Maybe he should've left when he had the chance.

Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/12/2014, 12:36 pm

"What?" The small girl was, once again, pulled out of her own mind. She blushed, the tips of her pale ears turning red. "Sorry," She realized what the boy--Luke--had said, handed him the pencil, and scooted away from the easel. "Sofia Micas. Pleasure to meet you," She replied, using one of the phrases her father insisted on when he had invited the huge dinner parties over to their house, so that people would believe that he finally had gone sober, and that everything was alright. After they left, he would leave to the local bar, and come back stumbling. The thought made Sofia shiver. She decided to think about something else.

"It was supposed to be a scene from this one book I read. I forget the name of it. Anyway, my mind got kind of carried away, and I started...this." She explained, not to anyone in particular. She leaned forward on her elbows and looked up at the first boy--Prince. "Do you do anything? Read, write, draw?" She asked, coming out of her shy shell for a moment, before remembering it once again. She backed back up, and looked down. "Sorry. You don't have to answer if you don't...you know."

Last edited by The Landlord's Daughter on 6/12/2014, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/12/2014, 12:52 pm

Nathan was handed the pencil and began drawing strands of hair, stroke by stroke. Then he started shading and adding detail. Erasing, shading more. He had a bit of a pattern going on. Soon enough, he was done. It was beautiful, in his opinion. "Well... Here you go. I hope you like it." he said, handing the pencil back. He picked his iPad back up and began writing again, Iggy crawling into his lap and falling asleep.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/12/2014, 9:31 pm

Prince sighed and shook his hand. "I'm Prince. Nice to meet you." Although it wasn't so nice to meet him, Prince thought he could just ignore his presence there. Then Nathan helped Sofia to finish her drawing. Prince sighed again and leaned his head against the tree in a slightly exasperated move. Was he trying to flirt with that giril who he had barely met? He started to judge that guy's actions, even thought they weren't much different from his own, and he knew that. Camly, still, he replied to Sofia's kinda random question. "I'm a reader, actually. Which book is this scene from?" As an authentic bad boy, you wouldn't expect Prince to be a reader, but he really were. Although his main tallents were playing the electric guitar and close fighting.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/12/2014, 9:49 pm

"Actually, its kind of from something I wrote. It wasn't that good. I'm not really an amazing author," She replied, a bit shocked as Prince revealed that he enjoyed reading. "Sorry, its just...I didn't expect...Nevermind," She looked away. Sofia never really was into social interaction.

"Wow...That's perfect! Its exactly how I imagined it!" She took the pencil and leaned back over the easel. The sudden movement sent a wave of dizziness over her--she hadn't eaten in three days. She bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the moment to pass.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/12/2014, 10:46 pm

Prince widened his eyes slightly as he realized that she wasn't feeling well, and held her shoulder quickly so she wouldn't faint or something. "Are you okay?" He realized what he was doing and pulled his hand back as if he had felt an electric shock. He refused to invade Sofia's personal space, mainly because a part of him was desiring ardently to touch her soft skin. Pretty girls in general had that effect over him. He repeated to himself, one more time, that his days as a heartbreaker and heartbroken were over.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/12/2014, 11:13 pm

"Yeah. Just..." The girl had no idea what to say. She couldn't mention her severe anorexia. The only ones who knew were a few of the Apollo kids from the infirmary, and the others who had often tried counseling her. In fact, the whole counseling thing was the reason she never told anyone. She wasn't crazy, and being treated like she was was one of the few things that seriously ticked her off. She knew she was hurting herself. She wasn't stupid.

Prince removed his hand from her shoulder. "Just tired. The girls in the Aphrodite cabin stay up all night talking make up tips... specifically to me. Its hard to sleep through all that, you know?" Sofia prayed to the gods that her terrible lying skills had abandoned her for this one situation, even though she knew they hadn't.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/13/2014, 6:31 pm

"Fine then. You should... have some sleep." Prince could sense that the girl was lying. There was something way more serious hiding behind that simple excuse. But he wouldn't pressure her with anymore questions, as she probably didn't want to talk about it, whatever it was. He examined her for a few seconds, only to check if she was really fine, then he leaned back on the tree's trunk, so he could watch her while she drew without her noticing. "So, you're a daughter of Aphrodite? I could have guessed it." He couldn't avoid smiling softly. "I'm a son of Phobus. My half-siblings are also hard to deal with, but for different reasons." He took a carefree look at Nate, as if he were daring him to make a comment.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/14/2014, 9:03 pm

Sofia laughed softly, a rare occurrence, and began packing up her supplies. While she was nothing like her sisters, she still had her mothers blood, and cabin gossip, though she often avoided it, sucked her in like a black hole. "Yours can't be as bad as mine. Do you know how many guys I've had to break up with on behalf of my sisters in the past week? Oh, and I'm not even mentioning the constant carb count in my cabin. I swear, if you make one mention of chocolate, every single girl would faint." Sofia stopped at the sound of her watch alarm. She had archery in five minutes, and she still hadn't changed clothes. She grabbed her bag and stood up, her shyness falling back over her as usual.

"I have to go. Hopefully, I'll see you guys some other time." She began to walk off towards her cabin. The lights were off, thankfully. No one else would be there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 7:40 pm