A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private)

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private) Empty there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private)

Post by Kendall 11/21/2014, 7:05 pm

The sun was burning the back of Benji's neck, but she didn't really care.

It was a hot fall day that felt like summer in more ways than one: the temperature was still high, people were still wearing shorts and -- ugh -- t-shirts with the sleeves and part of the sides shaved off, and the damned mosquitoes were still out. She irritably scratched at a red spot on her arm, wondering when Mr. D would end the torture and finally make it winter in this stupid camp.

But she shouldn't be complaining, anyway. She had chosen to come outside and bask in the sunlight at her cousin Aidan's insistence -- but oh, how she longed for the cool darkness of the Egyptian Gods' cabin again.

Standing in the middle of the strawberry fields, the daughter of Kuk felt like she was baking in the sun in some demonic god's oven. Damn that Apollo and all he stood for, she was definitely outside of her element. Sniffling to herself, Benji flopped down miserably in the little paths between the plants, scratching at her arm as she heard a familiar hissing sound from some distance off from her. Barely batting an eye, she asked to what seemed like no one in particular: "Here to bask in my misery?"

Terron's little scaly head poked out from between two leaves, forked tongue flicking back and forth, in and out of his mouth. Oh no, I'm here for the micccce. They're delicioussss. Do you know how big they can get? Really big. But I didn't eat any, I just chasssed one around. Nicknamed him Jerry like that cartoon rat.

Benji scoffed, glancing down at her forearm; if she scratched it anymore, it would start bleeding and that would suck a lot. "Well, that's wonderful for you, you cold-blooded brat. Glad to know you're having fun while I'm dying."

Nonsense, you can't even see the pit stains in your t-shirt/
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private) Empty Re: there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/21/2014, 7:27 pm

Lindsey strolled casually through the strawberry fields, her mind filled with delightful thoughts of Falko. The weather was hot as usual, she wore jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. As well as her usual black leather boots. As normal, she was armed, carrying her sword with her. Lindsey never ever allowed herself to be unarmed.
    Her bright ginger hair for once hung around her neck, a rarity for her as usually it was tied up in a ponytail or in a bun.

She was hot, but with much less flesh exposed to the annoyance that was biting flies. She eventually became aware of someone else in the strawberry field and slowly, with some caution made her way over towards them. "Hey." Lindsey called out a friendly greeting, though her hand rested on the hilt of her sword. She was never sure how someone would react so she always prepared herself for the worst situation.
    Lindsey smiled kindly at the other Demigod, hoping that they would be friendly. At the moment, Lindsey would much rather be in the lake or some kind of pool where the crisp cooling water would indeed help keep her from feeling the heat. Yet, her wanderings took her to the strawberry fields, here it was surprisingly quiet so she could think to herself.
    The emotions and feelings she still felt, haunted her mind and filled her heart with an emotion she rarely displayed. Love.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private) Empty Re: there's a 30% chance it's already raining (private)

Post by Kendall 11/21/2014, 7:45 pm

[ooc: Annddd just a note, Terron's telepathy can be heard by anyone if you want to include him sassing everything.]

Raising her head slightly, Benji found herself staring at someone's legs and sat there, dumbfounded, unable to process this sight in such hot weather until Terron's voice resonated in her mind, laughing at her: Look up, dummy. Ssshe hassss eyesssss.

Automatically the daughter of Kuk raised her eyes, head pointing upwards at a very wide angle that was almost painful to maintain as she squinted up at this newcomer. It was a girl in a long-sleeved shirt and jeans, carrying a sword with her in the way that most of the other campers did -- honestly, Benji had no idea how she could survive in such hot weather, unless she were the child of some fire or ice god. What a hardcore person, willing to brave these high temperatures and potential heatstroke. Benji mentally saluted her as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.

Bracing herself with her hands planted firmly on the ground, she pushed off from the dirt and slowly rose to face the girl properly, exhaling deeply with the effort. Her head sort of hurt if she thought too hard; maybe she was a bit dehydrated, she hadn't had a decent glass of water in maybe a couple of hours. Benji's hands moved to brush some hair away from her eyes when she realized they had a bit of dark-colored dirt on them -- so she stopped them where they were and mechanically wiped them off on her orange camp t-shirt. "Well hi there. Are you not dying in this beautiful heat, too?"

I'm not, Terron replied happily, slithering out slowly to wrap himself around Benji's ankle and lounge on top of her shoe. You silly humans, always getting heat stroke. It's a sha--

"You shut your mouth," the daughter of Kuk hissed out of the corner of her mouth, not even bothering to look down.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/22/2014, 5:17 am

The heat did trouble Lindsey, yet what bothered her more was the new voice inside of her head. It clearly must of been reptilian in nature for it dragged out the s like a snake hiss. Lindsey tried to not let the heat torment her too much, if she needed to cool herself down, she could always grab a drink or swim. The biting insects caused her far more torment, better to be uncomfortable and possess some protection from them, rather than comfortable and be vulnerable to them.

"Yes and no." Lindsey replied with a thin smile. "If the heat gets too much I can always find somewhere to swim." At the moment she wished that she was a daughter of one of the Gods who was used to heat or high temperatures. It would save her so much bother, however she wasn't and so the heat would cause her some measure of suffering.
    She wouldn't burn however, as she put sunscreen on before, Lindsey generally burned rather easily, something which she greatly disliked so took measures to protect herself from the dangers of the sun.
    "Nice reptile." Lindsey began looking at Terron, not really sure what he was meant to be. Reptiles had never been the daughter of Nemesis' strong suit. Generally to her they all looked rather similar, scaly, generally four legs coupled with a tail.

(OOC: Sorry it was short)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/22/2014, 5:57 pm

[ooc: Oh no, it's perfectly fine. Post as little/as much as you want.]

I'm a ssssnake, Terron muttered sullenly, ducking his head in mock-resent -- and thus smacking his head against his friend's leg. Benji rolled her eyes, wondering briefly if this ssssnake would like to get kicked across the fields; he never lost the opportunity to make an ass of himself.

"Yeah, he's a real charmer -- his name is Terron. Rattlesnake. Likes to bother everyone and everything he can to make up for his lack of legs and thumbs; he's got a snake version of the Napoleon Complex." The Egyptian demigod looked down at her foot sourly as the snake chuckled -- hissed? -- and rubbed his head against her calf, almost affectionate in a rather creepy way. They'd known each other for several years and were usually never more than a few miles apart, but being in close proximity to each other for more than ten minutes at a time was probably one of the worst ideas ever. There was no way to muzzle Terron's telepathy, and no way for Benji to tune him out: she had the ability to talk to snakes and frogs anyway, so it was useless to try putting in ear plugs.

I'm still very beautiful. Much more so than you. And my food is a lot better, too; it's still pretty damned fresh when I get it. Slithering over her shoe, Terron curled up in the small space between Benji's feet, looking highly content with himself the way only he could. (She'd just known him for a long time, so she apparently knew all his little tics.)

"But yeah." Ignoring the rattlesnake sitting half on her shoes and half off, Benji rubbed the back of her neck, wondering if it were just her, oorrrr it had just gotten slightly darker. The sun wasn't beating down so heavily on her anymore, and she didn't feel like she was standing in the middle of a desert anymore. "I'm Benji, daughter of Kuk. And you are?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/23/2014, 1:23 am

Lindsey took a cautious step back, not meaning to it was more an instinctive reaction really. Rattlesnakes were deadly venomous she was concerned that if she got too close to it, Terron would bite her. Dying for some reason failed to appeal to Lindsey. "I see..." Lindsey replied watching the snake warily less it started to rattle it's tail, the only warning it delivered before striking.

She tore her gaze away from the snake, holding her ground. "I'm Lindsey daughter of Nemesis and at last count one of the oldest Nemesis kids here." Lindsey answered her, wishing that it would rain or that there were sprinklers on. It happened to be something new to Lindsey to hear the thoughts of a snake broadcast through her mind. Usually she could not talk to animals, well at least not with a perfect understanding of them like Terron with his telepathy. Lindsey usually assessed the body language as well as any vocalisations the animal made, it was not a perfect way to understand their communication but it would always be better than complete ignorance.

Ignorance would get you killed.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/23/2014, 2:27 pm

"Are there a lot of Nemesis kids?" Benji pondered aloud, scratching at her forearm absentmindedly. She guessed that since she had seen so few of them around camp that they were very few in number, but that was probably a mistake on her part: just because she didn't see them around didn't mean that they were nonexistent. There were lots of Egyptian and Norse kids in camp, which was a bit weird considering that this camp was mainly centered around Greeks -- but this was probably because all the Norse kids and all the Egyptian kids were shoved into two respective cabins, like the Unclaimed would be in the Hermes cabin.

Never ssseen that many myssself, Terron interjected, flicking his tail for no apparent reason. He might have been because of some flies buzzing around their vicinity, but she could hear none that seemed very close. I've been around that cabin lots of times for hunting purposes. Not that many bunks filled, far as I've seen.

The daughter of Kuk frowned down at the rattlesnake, shifting her foot to lightly poke him in the side with her toe. "Don't spy on people, that's rude."

It'sss not ssssspying if the rats go there by themselves. I wass merely giving chasssee asssss a ssssssnake who knowsss little of human etiquette. I didn't even look at the bunksss properly either. Don't be rude.

"Sort of weird, considering that you claim to know proper dating etiquette -- trying to give me dating advice last week."[/i]

Last edited by Kendall on 11/23/2014, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/23/2014, 4:39 pm

"No not really... There aren't very many of my brothers and sisters here a few months ago I represented my cabin in it's entirety." She smiled, it had been nice to have the entire place to herself, even if at times it became a bit lonely. Lindsey fell silent for a moment whilst the pair conversed.
    "I would not be one to go to for dating advice either." She decided to add fearing perhaps that she might inquire for some advice from Lindsey. Her tales in the field of romance were far from glorious, she had few real relationships and even then those never lasted long enough to be worth counting.

Her only real success would be in dating Falko, yet she could only know how successful it would be once they stood the test of time. Unfortunately, Lindsey still could not see into the future or predict what might happen.
    All she knew was that she'd tried her best to stay in a relationship with Falko, Lindsey possessed many trust issues as well as difficulties in getting people to trust her. The latter being because of her rather fickle nature and the delicate state of balance that in her eyes needed to be maintained in the world. A view common with some of the other Nemesis children. This had in the past led to some less than honourable moments but what they lacked in honour they made up in the drama.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/23/2014, 5:28 pm

"That's perfectly fine," Benji told her, shrugging nonchalantly. Dating wasn't her top priority and hadn't been at any point of her life; she'd first like to survive camp, thanks, and then maybe college to start a career before even thinking about dating another person. Life was so complicated. "I'm not really looking for any. Terron just likes to think that any boy I look at I want to date; he's sort of like Mrs. George from the Mean Girls movie... in a reptilian way."

The real Regina George is your cousin, Ms. Benji. And I don't have fake b--

"Inappropriate," she snapped quickly, interrupting the rattlesnake before he could go any further. He looked offended and slightly disconcerted for a brief moment, before slithering over her shoe and back into a clump of strawberry plants, head held high like an offended queen leaving the premises before she ordered everyone around her to be executed. Maybe that interjection had been a bit rude, but Terron knew little about human etiquette; he couldn't be trusted to speak for long periods of time to anyone but the daughter of Kuk herself. Who knew what else he would have said if she hadn't stopped him?

Watching the plants rustle for several seconds, she sighed and looked at Lindsey apologetically. "Sorry. He doesn't know when to stop talking." Clearing her throat, she paused for a moment, not sure where to steer the conversation now, before saying slowly: "Er, yeah. So. Are you the Nemesis cabin counselor?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 3:59 pm