A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/19/2015, 5:43 pm

At this Emily shook her head. "No you did not." Em believed she did not want a romance, more she wanted to experience what a kiss felt like. In her heart, she knew her place was here and she would always be with the Hunters.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Let us go to Miami, hunt, swim, party and live. (Private)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 7:14 pm

"To be honest, I was rather expecting to be telling this story sitting in front of some fire at night, usual storytelling cliché, rather than here eating an ice cream," Aria admitted with a chuckle. "You see, before the Hunt I wasn't just some noble, I was the daughter of a count.. and marriages are often arranged for the daughters of counts. Now back then, I had always been rather enthusiastic at the idea of marrying a wealthy duke, after all, it was a ticket to a lifetime of balls, parties, and luxury. Oh yes, I was very superficial," she said. "All I cared about were silk dresses, hair trends and jewels. You should've seen me. I had my hair all powdered and pinned up in the latest styles, and put mouches, these fake taffeta beauty spots, on my face even though I was only twelve."

She licked the chocolate scoop, savoring the sweet taste. "But when the project of the marriage was getting concrete, I grew scared and ran away to Camp Half-Blood. My reasons? Well, once married, living with my half-divinity would be difficult. Do you imagine me fighting off monsters in my home? No, the risks were too important. Second, whilst probably neither me nor my future husband loved the other, I would have to bear him children." She briefly paused to eat more of her ice cream, Nymeria putting her head on her lap.

"Several of our maids died in childbirth.... I could hear them scream in pain all the way up in my room. When their bodies were delivered outside on stretchers, they were covered in so much blood their legs looked almost black. And the stench.... I didn't want that to happen to myself, more so since I knew that for me it would be even worse because Hera, the goddess of marriage herself, hated me. Still hates me -- but anyway. There was one last thing... I had what we call today a boyfriend, back at Camp Half-Blood. I loved him very much, and he loved me back. If I rode that night to camp, it was also for him." Aria paused again to stroke Nymeria's fur with affection, digging her fingers into the soft copper-brown of her neck.

"I never made it though. Halfway to it, a group of Laistrygonians chased me down. Oh, I had been attacked by monsters before -- Hera always loved sending monsters at us children of Zeus. But these? They were too many. I was only fourteen, and whilst I had done combat missions and even a quest, I was alone, I was hungry and my horse had collapsed under me. You must already guess what follows: the Hunters saved me. They struck the giants down one after the other like a firework of monster flames. I spent the night in their camp, and they of course asked me to join them. I refused. I didn't want to spend my life like that, away from balls and dances and pretty dresses. Away from fun. But then... I thought about it. The whole night. I weighed the pros and cons -- yes I wouldn't be able to stay with my boyfriend but there again, if I didn't join the Hunt I wouldn't be able to be with him either." She looked at Emily, straight into her eyes.

"I joined because no matter how much someone loves you and how much you love them, it doesn't grant you immortality, eternal youth, perfect health and a lifetime of adventures in the company of the goddess Artemis. We Hunters have impact, we have a weight in the scale of the world. Love? The love story with the most impact is Romeo and Juliet, and they didn't even exist." She paused to look at the pale horizon. "The Hunt outweighs romance a thousand times. I'm glad I realized that despite how stupid I was back then."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/20/2015, 9:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male
    Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2014-12-05

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/19/2015, 8:55 pm

Suddenly an iris message appeared in front of the two of them. "Emily! Shockypants! You guys gotta hurry, there's a monster attack at this outlet mall about three to four miles from the beach. You guys have to hur- OH GODS MY BACK" He fell forward and disrupted the iris message, ending the call.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 4:29 am

Emily listened quietly to Aria's story, eating her ice cream as she told her the tale. Eventually she finished, Em felt like she should say something yet for a while the words would not come. "That's a powerful story Aria... I..." She shook her head, there would be no point in saying she had a boyfriend before she became a Hunter where as Em didn't. Yes before she became a Hunter there had been a boy who might have become her boyfriend, they certainly spent a lot of time together but never kissed or even brought up the topic of going out. Such things were however, doomed to her memories rather than part of every day life. Em was a Hunter of Artemis now, love should have no place in it, especially not for a boy. A girl maybe, she didn't know, nor did she know any Hunter who happened to be interested in that sort of thing.
    Maybe the rule should have been no boys and no love regardless of what you like.

The iris call caught her off guard. "You gave him my number didn't you?" She joked nervously, often when nervous, stressed or tense Em made a bad joke or two. She stood up slowly still in a great deal of pain. "What's the plan Aria?" She suspected that if they went and rescued the boy, then they would be going against their mission. In the end, Em looked to her sister for orders. They needed to kill the monster they had been sent here to take out, but they could divert from their mission and rescue the boy. (Even if the other Hunters might mock them for it)
    However, doing so their target might take this time and either cause more havoc. Or worse, escape and evade the Hunters whilst they deviated from their task.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 11:00 am

"The plan is we kick the monster's behind to Tartarus, and I shock the hell out of this guy. Shockypants? He is dead."

Aria picked her backpack up and looked at Nymeria. Meet us there. The she-wolf twitched her ears and bounded off, disappearing the next second behind the street corner. Aria then looked at her ice cream; it was half-done and she wished she could finish it.

"Hold on," she told Emily, grabbing her waist.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 11:20 am

Once Em would have moved away from Aria but she knew better. "Okay Aria but whatever you do, please don't drop me." She chuckled but her eyes held a serious glimmer in them.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 11:39 am

"Do I look like I'd drop you?"

Leaving her discarded ice cream on the rock, she created an electromagnetic field right under the soles of their shoes, which pressed them upwards into the sky. They were soaring above the city now which grew tinier with every second, houses and buildings stretching out to their right, the sea at their left. Adrenaline rushed through her veins.
    She had made the Mist veil them but somewhere, she wished the mortals could see them, two silvery silhouettes in the middle of the intense blue sky. Holding Emily tight, Aria ordered the field to move forward fast, cold wind blowing against them. It was freezing up there but Aria could resist cold in high places, the same way she could breathe even when the air was too scarce up in the sky. Her shirt flickering around her bust, her short strands of hair flying behind her, Aria bent her knees, flying across the sky, so high up the mortal world looked like an ant hill. This is power, she thought with a grin.
    It took them a minute to cover the four miles to the mall. Aria let the platform drop down but catch them softly just at the entrance to the shopping center. People stared at them with open mouths but Aria snapped her fingers and a confused expression passed over their faces, as if they had just had a really really weird thought and were slowly discarding it.

"Let's go," Aria told Emily, her compound bow appearing in her hand.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 11:50 am

Several expletives later Em opened her eyes and found herself on solid ground once more. She looked around cautiously, drawing her own bow. "You know how to show a girl a good time." She looked almost papery white as if air travel disagreed with her. Well, dangerous air travel, which for Emily happened to be all forms of air travel. It took her a few moments to fully recover her composure.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 11:56 am

There were bones on the ground and lots of broken glass. A small trail of blood led to two Cyclops's surrounding Sebastian's body. He wasn't moving except for his eyes which were barely open. They suddenly closed when the hunters were in his line of sight.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 12:21 pm

Bones lay on the floor, remnants of Sebastian's attempt at stopping the monsters. Aria walked carefully on the deserted floor, broken glass crunching softly under the crampons of her combat boots. Her compound bow was ready, four arrows notched.

That was when she saw him; immobile on the ground, as if he had suddenly fallen asleep but Aria knew he was close to taking Charon's boat. Two Cyclopes were there too, one about to deliver the death blow with his ax. Aria didn't let him the time to. Her arrows lodged themselves into his throat and shoulder. He dropped the ax, staggered, and exploded in a column of flames.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 12:52 pm

As soon as the other Cyclops looked away, Seb rolled away from it towards the nearest wall and perched himself up, clutching his stomach as it was bleeding heavily. He watched the rest of the fight, struggling to keep his eyes open.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 2:14 pm

Emily took out the other Cyclops with a shot from her bow. "Clear." She called out to Aria scanning their environment in case any other monsters where lurking around. From the look of the boy he would need to be taken to Camp Half-blood or else the Hunters would need to sit guard whilst he healed.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 2:56 pm

Aria let her bow fade away though was ready to summon it back at the slightest suspicious movement. She scanned the ground for spoils, but these cyclopes left behind nothing but golden dust and the stench of an old fishmonger's garbage can. The daughter of Zeus looked up at Sebastian.

"This is why we don't need help from you," she said. "Now get down and let us tend to your wounds."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 2:58 pm

Em still held her bow tightly she kept watch.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 3:05 pm

"The cavalry's arrived. You wouldn't happen to have some ambrosia would you?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 3:11 pm

Aria replied nothing, just having him lay down on the floor and pouring nectar onto his wounds.

"We can't stay around too long. I don't know what you did here, but the damage's pretty impressive. The police will arrive in no time."
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 3:29 pm

"Well first I was just walking towards my motel room when all of a sudden people start screaming about bears, so I got curios and went to check it out. Turned out to be those Cyclops. That's when I called you two. After they hit me on the back, I went down onto the floor so I did some quick magic and made some bone creatures to help me. I just wish I had been focused and didn't make them a couple feet tall. They reopened a wound while dragging me around so I had to focus on keeping the damage to a minimum, and rolling away was a bad idea. I have enough magic to close the wound I think." He closed his eyes and his hands started to glow. The blood flow was decreasing but still trickling. "We'll have to close it manually. It's too big for me to close by myself. Some stitches and bandages and I'll be fine. My place is only a few blocks from here. We can do it there."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 3:56 pm

"No, it'd last too long. Here take this," she said, tossing him a clean scarf to bite on, "it might get painful."

Pushing his shirt up more, she placed her fingertips on the lips of the wound and started making very short electric currents pass through it. The blue flashes were short and stinging but slowly, the tissues started mending. Aria poured more droplets of golden nectar on the injury, placed a cotton pad on it and started passing the bandage cloth around his body, securing it with small pins.

"Looks like you're good to go, but take some rest when you can. You non-Hunters are so fragile," Aria said once she was done, starting to put her things back into the first aid kit. She took her scarf back with a disgusted expression and stuffed it into a plastic bag -- she'd wash it to the core at the next occasion.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 4:09 pm

"Fragile?" He asked standing up "Did you not hear about how after being knocked to the ground I could still fight. Sure I still need some more training but I can hold as much pain as you hunters can."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 4:26 pm

"Er... Aria..." Em's voice came as a whisper, from a voice tight with fear. "Aria... Could you guys hurry up please." Em had taken cover as best she could behind a bin as a Hydra scuttled into view, it's nine heads moving as one like some strange shoal of long bodied fish.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 4:33 pm

"Right," he began in a whisper "we can either run or fight, and seeing as how we can't let the cops who're getting here will be killed if we run, we should fight. Which one of us can prevent the cops from entering the longest while the other two get the hydra out so we can kill it where there won't be much trouble."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 4:43 pm

"I heard that, Sebastian, and I maintain: you are fragile compared to Hunters. I've had four hundred years of experience on that matter so your opinion doesn't weigh much."

She then heard the slithering  of a snake body on the ground -- she knew that slithering. Sleek scales against the floor, drawing raspy sounds from the broken glass pieces, she almost felt back in Los Angeles, where she had last encountered the creature, a year ago.

"Shut up," she clearly told the boy as he came up with his plan. "Emily, get out of here through the staff exit and take him with you on your way out. Nymeria and I can take care of the Hydra of Lerna. It's me she wants. I smell much more to monsters than you two combined. Now go!"

She wouldn't explain to Sebastian why she smelled more -- she wasn't even sure he knew she was a daughter of Zeus -- and nocked an explosive arrow, a red light blinking on the pointed head. The Hydra was in the story above them. She closed an eye for better aim then let the arrow go. It dug itself into the handrail and exploded, sending pieces of metal and concrete flying down, circled by flames.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 4:47 pm

Em knew better than to argue with Aria, she wanted to but she would just slow her down and that would get them both killed. She notched and fired a single arrow at the creature, it stuck in one of the necks till one of them pulled it out with it's jaws and snapped it in half.
    Without giving the boy time to object she stood up, grabbing hold of his hand and started to run as best she could pulling him along. "Run you fool." She hissed back to him.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/20/2015, 4:55 pm

He ran through the mall, ignoring the pain in his everywhere. He pulled her into a back entrance and luckily nobody was there. "She'll be fine right? You called her Aria so I'm guessing that's her name. Also, what the heck was that and why does it look like a freaking hydra its a freaking hydra I'm an idiot." he face palmed and sighed. "We should wait for her at my motel room. Unless you have a better idea?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/20/2015, 5:01 pm

Em flinched as he pulled into a back entrance. She noticed that he was still holding her hand and she shook him off her cheeks flushing with colour. "Yes." She answered simply. "You can't kill her." Emily doubted there would or could be a monster alive capable of besting Aria in a fight, even one as formidable as a Hydra. "Because boy it is a Hydra that's why." She snapped, hating that she left her friend behind. "No... I don't but we have to move..." She added silently, in case she loses. A injured boy demigod and a hunter with a limp would be chow to a Hydra.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 7:56 am