A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Jack Panpukin - Son of Hephaestus

Jack O'Lantern
    Jack O'Lantern

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2016-05-22

Jack Panpukin - Son of Hephaestus Empty Jack Panpukin - Son of Hephaestus

Post by Jack O'Lantern 5/22/2016, 10:55 am

Name: Jack Panpukin
    Mortal Parent: Mary Panpukin
    God Parent: Hephaestus
    Date of Birth: October 13
    Place of Birth: Hampton, Virginia
    Hometown/Last Residence: Houston, Texas
    Race/ethnicity: Caucasian/Japanese
    Accent: American (Northern)
    Skin Tone: Light, the complexion matches that of vanilla icecream with a few drops of yellow food dye to make an extremely light shade of
    Eye Color: Amber
    Hair Color: Black
    Hair Length: Medium
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 176 lbs.
    Body Type: Slim
    Appearance: Jack is a pretty skinny kid. His eyes are quite bright compared to his darker hair color which he likes to style with no more than three spikes covering his left eye, when asked why he always replies with "It just feels right you know? Like when choosing which knife I should gut "you" with if you don't go away.". He often wears a black shirt with many different designs along with many different cargo pants and always wearing a light hoodie. his shoes are black converses usually. he also wears shades of purple instead of black on some days when he feels less angry and on even rarer days he wears orange when he's genuinely happy.
    Weapon: Jack's weapon is mainly a small knife, it's celestial bronze and of Japanese design. If he had a secondary it would be a small "key" that resembles a virus cell, but this device has a twelve post cooling time. This key was crafted by Jack and was designed to have the ability to reprogram specific devices, never given proper trial and error he finds it design to at "most" hack into navigational tools of metal air and sea crafts. He found this out during a plane ride where he touched this device to a commercial airplane during his escape. Other known reprogrammings included security systems (rarely ever works out for him), vending machines and cars. Though for some reason it also doesn't work when he needs it most. kinda like 20% chance of it not working.
    Armor: None, he feels it'll slow him down though for capture the flag and in battles he's known to wear celestial bronze wrist and shin guards.
    Pet(s): a snapping turtle he named Duchess after a character on the show "Foster's home for imaginary friends"
    Skills/Talents: A good mechanic and a talented tinkerer like his siblings. His own personal "perk" is that he is great with picking locks
    Flaws: bad temper is his main flaw, it makes it hard for him to make a friend since he finds how much people make him angry. He's quite stubborn and hates being a team player. He's scared easily which causes him to dislike whoever frightened him. he's a bit twitchy, due to previously said paranoia and may attack what ever scared him. A small to see but vast flaw is his Bipolar mind. He'll be friendly one day but very dangerous the next. He's a poor fighter causing his to resort to cheap tricks which is why he prefers his gadgets. his next flaws are kinda genetic, he has dormant asthma, though hard to flare up it will be a while before he can do things after he has an asthma attack. He is also near sighted which forces him to wear glasses constantly. Finally his "curse" of being clumsy is always an annoyance to him
    Strengths: he can pick locks with general ease and works greatly with machines. He's loyal to his friends and will do all he can to stop someone from crying
    Weaknesses: he's an eternal flame, something he likes to use as explanation when someone asks something along the lines of "Why are you so angry all the time?". There's not much to say other than the fact that he might cut you... for something.
    Likes: Apples, berries, tinkering, the night, and lemonade with pulp
    Dislikes: people usually but has a specific hatred for snow and Chimeras
    Fears: The one thing that scares him is the ocean. He's terrified of drowning at sea somehow.
    Personality: Jack is a fiery little devil, as his teachers spitefully called him. With an inborn hatred for most things he generally chooses to seclude himself and trusts no one. Though given the rare chance he'll be like a loyal war dog that'll follow you into any battle without question. He often surprises people by being quite kind but also highly explosive. He's very touchy when it comes to talking about his past or anything about him. He's known to wear emotional masks that hide his thoughts from anyone and will often storm off when asked anything too personal. On happier days he's been known to sing happy upbeat songs and try to help others. He's a bit talented and is very shy about showing it but on those rare happy days he'll perform his talents for a few drachmas.
    Abilities: he can feel specific emotions through a computer. Jack could never explain it but when asked to he'll describe it as reading a script, using gut feeling to determine the emotion for the role. The better he knows the person the more he;s able to feel the emotion. Jack has also developed a strange adaptation of "sensing" Specific metals like a metal detector that he has tasted. If the metal has touched his tongue one day he can find a deposit of said metal somewhere else the next day.
    Powers: Jack has been known to "see" or at least sense the environment of specific devices. For instant if there was a metal robotic creature he could "see" through its eyes so long as it stays within ten yards. A downfall to this is that he cannot move while doing so and cannot ear from within his body so he's be vulnerable to attacks. Though the activation is about one post the cool down on this is pretty short, just three to four posts.
    .Jack's last resort is an automatic shut down of a machine for about 4 posts before it reboots. this secondary ability has a wait period of a topic. The largest machine he ever tried this on happened to be a 3,500 lb. bus. Overriding this ability can be done with a strong electrical current should it ever happen. much like a defibrillator jump starting a heart.
    Social Status: A loner by far.
    Summer or Year Rounder: Year Rounder
    Years at Camp: This'll be his third year at camp
    Life Before Camp: Jack's life was full of strife and it only got worse after his mother was killed in a car crash when he was eight years old. When his mother die he grew angrier and more volatile. He was given up by his step father to the state and was sent to the "House of St. Mary's Angels" where he was known as a devil child and was always punished. when the orphanage burned down he was quite alone and about a month later small black dogs kept chasing him. They reeked of brimstone and always seemed to know where he was. Then there were the larger one that actually caught on fire, slamming through walls to get him he had trouble sleeping as they seemed to always be in his dreams and infact, it was only the day when Jack got some rest from these dreaded beasts. He had fled all over the southern states for about half a year until he was led by a satyr, who had an afro, large horns and was named Sean, to the field of strawberries that belonged to Camp Half-blood. Sean found Jack when he was thirteen years old. He found him being chased by Various sizes of hell hounds in Wyoming. Sean explained that he was from a camp that would keep him safe as long as he followed the rules. Jack never had time to question it but didn't care as long as he didn't have fire smelling canines following him constantly. During the trip it was explained that he was a Greek demigod and that his mother knew about it. Sean then gave him the knife as a last request from Mary. The knife was a family heirloom that Jack remembered fondly, as it always had it's place on the living room mantle. It was finally Sean who told of it's true origin as a weapon made from celestial bronze and was created by a japanese blacksmith who found the rare ore. Ever since he recieve this small blade, Jack has kept it by his side ever since
    Role-playing Example: Jack looked up at the sky, a grey canvas that stretched on into the heavens. He yawned quietly and continue looking. It was Thursday, October twelfth and tomorrow was his birthday. He wondered if anyone would care enough to say happy birthday or just shirk past him as usual. He shrugged before getting up from the grass near the camp fire that was centered in the middle of all the great cabins that held the circles that each god controlled. He walked over to his cabin, a massive half forge that he called home.
    Notes: This kind of roleplay is new to me, I'm always open to new suggestions

Last edited by Jack O'Lantern on 5/27/2016, 6:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Jack Panpukin - Son of Hephaestus Empty Re: Jack Panpukin - Son of Hephaestus

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2016, 5:15 pm

Hi there!

- Please just a maximum of three main weapons.
    - I can't accept an automaton as a pet as you need an exotic pet slot for that.
    - Please add four more personality flaws.
    - What do you mean by, "he's an eternal flame"?
    - Add at least one fear
    - What do you mean, feel things through tech?
    - Be more specific about his abilities. List them all clearly.
    - What is the most complicated system he could reprogram? Is that an actual power or just something he invented?
    - Please give a post cool down for the explosive power.
    - Social status is like, popular, loner, jock, etc
    - People don't happen upon camp, not even demigod. Someone must have led him. (Generally a satyr.)

Rest looks good to me :)
    Jack O'Lantern
    Jack O'Lantern

Male

Post by Jack O'Lantern 5/22/2016, 9:38 pm

I fixed the form. I actually didn't think I had anything wrong, thank you for pointing it out Razz
    Jack O'Lantern
    Jack O'Lantern

Male

Post by Jack O'Lantern 5/23/2016, 6:22 pm

Okay when you get online I have two questions, One is my character accepted? And two I just now realized you said I was awesome, Thank you! But I saw you also put the godly gifts, character slots, and exotic pet thing. What do those mean for the site exactly? This is still pretty new to me.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 5/23/2016, 6:59 pm

[Please don't double-post; if you need to add something in, just edit your previous post if nobody has responded yet.]

To answer your questions:
    1) Your character will be accepted once an approver (purple or black username) posts "Approved" on your form and then moves it to the Approved section. For now, you still have changes to be made.
    2) Godly gifts mean gifts from the god parent -- these tend to have more variety in powers than regular magical weapons. To receive one, you must either win one in a contest/mystery box (purchasable in the site store for drachmas, our site currency), buy one directly from the site store, or get one during our Solstice Gifts application event, which tends to happen before the Winter or Summer Solstice Olympus visits.
    3) You receive 5 free character slots when you join the site. Each approved character of yours will take up 1 slot; when you hit the 5 character limit you can't get any more approved unless you get more slots. To get more slots, you must purchase them from the site store or win extra ones in mystery boxes or contests. 
    4) Exotic pets are basically restricted pets; these include pets illegal to own like all migratory birds, large pets that generally require licenses to own like tigers, wolves, and etc (still subject to approval by an approver/admin). To get an exotic pet, you must win a slot from a mystery box or a contest.  

As for your form:

Weapons:
    - Did he make the "virus" thing by himself?
    - Please convert the cooldown time to number of posts/topics -- for example, he can use it only once per topic (a topic = a day) or such.

He will need armor at some point, whether it be for Capture the Flag or some battle or such. 

Add some more to his personality.

Abilities:
    - How far can he be from a machine at most in order to "see" through it? (This sounds like it should be a power to me.)

Powers:
    - What's the largest machine he can blow up? 
    - How far at most could he be from said object?
    - Please convert all his limits (duration and cooldown time) to number of posts. For example, it takes 3 posts to blow up a 30 lb object and 10 to use this power again.
    - What's the most complicated thing he can shut down?
    - How far at most could he be from it to shut it down?

LBC:
    - How old was he when his mom died?
    - What kinds of monsters pursued him and how frequently, and how did he escape?
    - How old was he when the satyr found him?

Note: To receive a drachma reward for this form, both LBC and RP Example should be at least 10 sentences long.
    Jack O'Lantern
    Jack O'Lantern

Male

Post by Jack O'Lantern 5/23/2016, 7:48 pm

I fixed the form again. Thank you for letting me know what to fix and for clarifying what each of the topics I asked about meant. and I won't double post again, thanks for letting me know about that.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/27/2016, 6:09 pm

Weapons:
    - Mhm. What other things could he reprogram with the device? 

Abilities:
    - How does he feel emotions through a computer?

Powers:
    - For better organization/easier reading, please separate this into a list instead of smashing all the powers into one paragraph.
    - I'm gonna say no to the explosion power.
    - Reduce how long he can shut a machine down for.
    - Is there a way to override this power?

LBC:
    - So monsters burned down the orphanage? Or what happened?
    - How long was the period between the orphanage's destruction and his being found by Sean?
    - How often was he chased by monsters, and what kinds were they?
    - I think there's only one Chimera... and he'd definitely be dead if it tried to go after him at all. So choose another monster, like a small hellhound or such.
    - How did Mary get the knife? How did Sean know her? (If Hephaestus gave this to her to give to Jack, that would be a no.)
    Jack O'Lantern
    Jack O'Lantern

Male

Post by Jack O'Lantern 5/27/2016, 6:41 pm

I fixed the form again, hopefully I explained things better and even I see how the blowing up thing is too over powered
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/27/2016, 8:01 pm

Weapons:
    - How effective is this device at reprogramming something? Can he just look inside to see what's there for more complicated things, or can he completely override other devices and control them?

Abilities:
    - So... I'm not exactly understanding what this ability constitutes. Are you saying when he's interacting with someone through a computer, he can feel what they're feeling, does the computer somehow have feelings, or what?

Powers:
    - Reduce the maximum size of things he can shut down.
    - Add in other ways to override his shutdown, like distracting him from concentrating to keep it shut down.

LBC:
    - You haven't explained what happened to the orphanage and how it got destroyed.
    - You also should talk about why Jack hadn't been caught by authorities upon its destruction, since they're definitely going to launch an investigation and also gather up all the survivors and move them to other places.
    - How old was he when the orphanage burned down?
    - How many hellhounds chased him after the orphanage's destruction? How large was the largest one?
    - How did he escape them?
    - Did Hephaestus reveal his identity as a god to Mary before he left her?
    - I'm going to say no to the knife being a family heirloom. You can say Sean just had an extra in his possession, but having it be passed down for generations in a family of mortals seems highly unlikely -- especially since the Mist would either hide its true identity or someone would notice there's something supernatural about it. (And if the blacksmith were a mortal, he would probably not be able to use Celestial Bronze anyway since he wouldn't be able to touch it/the Mist would hide it.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:15 am