A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+8
Laxyak
honeybunsI
I<3MyBrit
Alfred F. Jones
Panda Coffee
annabeth13<3
Jennie
Haiden
12 posters

Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past)

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 25815
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past) Empty Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past)

Post by Haiden 3/30/2011, 6:28 pm

HEY GUYS. So if you read my other fanfic, Taken To The Past...lol, this will be a lot like this. It will be, THE SEQUEL. If you haven't read it, Read it :D
    http://www.camphalfblood.org/t5310-taken-to-the-past

Chapter 1
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King
    No ones gonna love you - Band of Horses

Running. Cold sweat ran down my neck as I sprinted through the woods. Pounding footsteps ran behind me. I could hear the monsters roar. "FOR GOD SAKE, SOMEONE HELP!" I screamed. I don't know why I screamed that, because no one was in the woods obviously, but I saw it in movies and Brad Pitt randomly came out and saved them. But this wasn't a movie.

Just then, a roar of thunder boomed in the sky and everything flashed white. I screamed, but kept on running as I closed my eyes from the brightening light. The light slowly faded and I opened my eyes carefully, just to find what looked like a portal right in front of me. A milky, swirly portal right in front of me. For some reason, it reminded me of cereal.
    "I'm so gonna regret this..." I muttered to myself as I got closer to the portal. I closed my eyes and threw myself into the portal.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I jolted up from my bed as I woke up from my nightmare. Sweat beaded down my forehead and I was breathing heavily. I glanced around, making sure I wasn't on Mars or whatever. It was just a dream...just a dream.
    Ironically, my brother Ryan turned up his stereo to the song "Just a Dream" by Nelly.
    I smiled a bit and crawled out of bed carefully.

I traveled back in time after I read my fathers journal about CHB in the year 2010. It was an odd experience, but it taught me a big lesson. Eventually I transferred myself back just from changing what happened.

Don't think thats odd? Listen to this: I'm a mortal. Not a halfblood.

Ever since my...experience with going back in time and visiting the wonders Camp of Halfbloods, I've been having...these dreams. It was weird, and sometimes I would be afraid to go to sleep.
    That experience changed my life. I was less sarcastic to my friends, and funny enough, I never had another drink in my life.

My name is Arden Greene. I'm 17 years old and I am a time traveler.

So what if I traveled through time...just once? Who says you have to travel in time more than once to call yourself a time traveler? This isn't Doctor Who guys.

Sometimes I've been dreading to go back to CHB, or at least go back in time one more time. It was such an adventure...

And oddly enough...I really missed Loren.

I missed the Loren in 2010....2041(this year) Loren is....older, married, and has a child. I remember looking through Dads old camp scrapbook and seeing a picture of him and "the guys" doing all these stupid muscle-tough guys poses. There was Loren right behind my Dad, laughing right behind him. He was a really good looking guy..and nice.....It always gave me a sick, sad feeling whenever I saw that picture.
    I wish he would remember me...but me in the past never even happened. It was just a misunderstanding in Time and Space..and maybe a little magic.

I would vent to my Dad about my experience and he would just listen and sometimes frown when I mentioned Mom. One time, I actually cried while talking about seeing my Dad hurt on the ground.

But that was all last year, and this year was my senior year. I would forget about the past and move on with my life.

I got dressed into some skinny jeans, Converse shoes, and a sweatshirt. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, then walked downstairs with my backpack slung on my shoulder. My Dad was in the kitchen reading the newspaper, as usual. He looked up as he saw me and smiled. "Hey hun, is Ryan still upstairs doing his hair?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah..He does that all the time, even when he is going to work." I muttered, then grabbed a piece of toast.

Dad laughed, then fell silent as if he remembered something. He pursed his lips.

I took a bite of my toast, then glanced over at my Dad. I raised an eyebrow. "Something wrong, Dad?"

Dad shook his head. "Oh no..nothings wrong...its just that, I remembered..theres this um, Camp reunion for us campers in 2010, in New York, and I wanted to know if you and Ryan want to come with me."

....My heart leaped when he said "Camp Reuinion."
    I didn't even know they would have a reunion! I tried to act cool about it, but I shook my head vigorously. "Of course Dad! I would love to go!" I exclaimed, then hugged my Dad tightly.

This was gonna be great....or at least I thought it was, until I met the Outsiders.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Jennie
    Jennie
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 15348
    Registration date : 2010-01-12

Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past) Empty Re: Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past)

Post by Jennie 3/30/2011, 10:24 pm

i enjoy this story very much
    it makes my heart beat five times faster
    make more pl0x
    annabeth13<3

Female
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2010-12-30

Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past) Empty Re: Outsiders (Sequel to Taken in the Past)

Post by annabeth13<3 3/30/2011, 11:28 pm

Its really goos and i read your other story there both super good!
    Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3209
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

Post by Panda Coffee 3/31/2011, 12:02 am

I <3 them both!!!!
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 3/31/2011, 7:56 am

^^ Aww thank you everyone xD I shall make more!

Chapter 2
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were." -Marcel Proust

The reunion was to take place this Friday. I was so excited, I was getting impatient throughout the days.

Why was I excited? I may get to see some certain people that I saw back in the past. I can see what there up too this day...and maybe get a glimpse of whats up with old Loren.

Ryan was all nonchalant about the reunion. He just wanted to go to New York.

Typical Ryan.

As I was walking home from school on Tuesday I saw some kids my age standing by a light pole, looking right at me. They had dirt on their clothes and some cuts were on their faces.
    I raised an eyebrow and stopped walking, staring right back at them.
    There were 5 of the kids. 3 boys and 2 girls.

I blinked and suddenly they weren't there anymore. It was as if they...disappeared...

".....Just keep walking...just keep walking.." I muttered to myself then continued walking home.

_________________________________________________________________________________

It was Thursday and I started to pack my clothes in my suitcase. I still couldn't stop thinking about those strange kids, staring at me when I was walking home.
    It kinda freaked me out honestly, and for a second I thought I could see dead people.
    But they didn't look dead..they looked alive.
    Very alive.

I decided to push that off my mind, and focus on tomorrow. The excitement rose over me again. Going to New York...seeing everyone..

I know that wouldn't remember me, but maybe if they look close enough...would they?

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Arden! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP WERE LEAVING!" a voice yelled, while pounding on my door.

Ryan.

I moaned and looked at the clock by my bed. 5:30 A.M.

Why the hell are we leaving at 5 in the morning!?

I crawled out of bed groggily, and pulled on some sweats and a sweatshirt. I yawned and grabbed my suitcase, then headed downstairs to find my brother and Dad all up and ready to go.

Ryan snickered. "You look terrible." He told me.

I glared at him. "You've always looked terrible." I mumbled.

Dad sighed and gestured towards the door. "Just...get in the car already, kids."

___________________________________________________________________________________

It was 9:30 A.M. and we were finally on the plane. It was a 4 hour flight and I got some sleep, but only for an hour.

Ryan was unfortunately next to me, listening to his stupid music on his freaking huge headphones.

Dad was in the aisle seat, drumming his fingers on the armrest as if he were nervous for something...

"Turn the music down.." I muttered.

Ryan took off his headphones and looked over at me. "Huh? Did you say something?"

"I said turn the music down."

Ryan paused..."No."

"Dad, tell Ryan to turn his music down, I can't sleep and I don't think anyone else on this plane can sleep either!"

"Arden is just being a brat, she wants to sleep so she can dream about LOREEENNNNN..."

Sadly, I told Ryan about my experience too.

"Thats it, GIVE ME YOUR IPOD!" I yelled, grabbing the music device.

"No! I'm older than you, why should I give it to you!?" He shot back, grabbing the iPod out of my hands.

"Because I'm smarter and I actually have a life!"

Dad groaned and facepalmed, not wanting to deal with our bickering.

This was what I most regretted. Fighting with my brother. I mean, we did it all the time, but this was the last time I talked to Ryan before he died.

I know its a little short, and not that good but I wrote it before I went to school xD Enjoy :3
    Jennie
    Jennie
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 15348
    Registration date : 2010-01-12

Post by Jennie 3/31/2011, 10:11 am

WHAT
    WHAT
    HE DIES
    y u torture me
    asdfghjkl; more
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11217
    Registration date : 2010-01-13

Post by Alfred F. Jones 3/31/2011, 11:08 am

o
    m
    g

more plz
    Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Panda Coffee 4/1/2011, 12:10 am

Oh my goodness!!!! More!!!!!!! Please!!!!!1
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 4/1/2011, 9:04 pm

Chapter 3
    ""A tragedy need not have blood and death; it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy." - Jean Racine

I didn't speak at all to Ryan after our petty argument on the plane. Instead, I stared out the window, watching the clouds fly by.

We arrived to New York at at 1:30 p.m. The reunion started at 2:00

I pushed past Ryan as we left the airplane, standing by my Dad as we were walking through the airport.

"Dad, you seem kinda nervous." I said, noticing how he was fumbling with his hands as we were walking to the car rental place.

Dad shook his head. "...Its nothing..." He said, obviously lying. I knew my Dad too well.

Dad rented us a Nissan SUV, drove to the reunion in silence.

"Jared! Its so good to see you!" A voice said as we arrived at the location. Me, Dad and Ryan turned around to find a man a little younger than my Dad.
    Dad smiled. "Hey Levi! Hows it going?"

Levi........Levi! He was the boy who was in the Infirmary with me...He was 12 years old when I met him.

Levi still had glasses, and a good looking guy...for his age. I just smiled at him while Ryan looked off into the distance.

I looked around to find familiar faces, leaving my Dad and Levi talking about memories and somewhat.

Then, I saw him. Loren.

That sick, sad feeling was in my stomach again.
    He still had that bronze hair color, and his eyes were those laughing blue eyes...
    I closed my eyes and memories flooded in my head.

"Woah, woah. Calm down, sweetheart." I heard a voice say, then immediately turn around, furiously.
    I hated people calling me sweetheart. It sounded so..wimpy.

"What do you want!?" I said, looking up at some guy about my age. He had bronze shaggy hair, and bright blue, laughing eyes. He was smirking down at me.
    "I want you, to calm the heck down." He replied calmly, his hands on my shoulders.
    "And I want you, to get your hands off of me." I replied, imitating his calmness, and threw his hands off my shoulders.
    He put his hands up in defense, chuckling. "Hey, just trying to help."

I glared at him, then looked around. "Wheres Chiron?" I demanded.
    The guy shrugged. "I don't know. Where is Chiron?"
    "Thats what I just asked, smart one!"
    "Fiesty huh? Whats your name?"
    I wanted to scream at him: I have no time for meeting and greeting just show me where the hell Chiron is! But I held in my anger and sighed.

"Arden..and you?" I muttered, flatly.
    He smirked. "Loren."
    I stifled a laughed, then burst out laughing. "Loren!? Isn't that a girls name!?"
    "And isn't Arden, a guys name?"
    I stopped laughing, and glared up at him. "Your point?"
    He chuckled. "Exactly."

I opened my eyes to find myself in tears. Arden! You can't be in love with a guy from the past! Hes moved on..He has a wife...and kid...

Loren. Son of Hestia.

Quickly, I wiped my tears away before anyone could see them and ask me what was wrong.

I glanced over at Loren again. A pretty woman was standing next to him while a little boy at the age of 5 was running around them. Loren was talking with another person, laughing. His arm was around the woman and he rubbed the head of the little boy.

Look away.....I turned around to find a boy my age standing in front of me.

He was wearing jeans and a T shirt with Hi-Top Converse. His hair was dirty blonde and a bit tousled but shaggy. He had a gold watch on his arm that shined in the sunlight.

"Nice party eh?" He asked.

He had a accent...a British accent, it sounded like.

"..Yeah, I guess. What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked oddly familiar...

"What do you mean?"

"..You must be from England. What are you doing in the U.S?"

"Ouch. Was that supposed to be an insult?"

"...No. It was actually a question."

He chuckled. "I know. Whats wrong with British people being in the U.S?"

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, fine. What are you doing here at this...party?"

"Lets just say..I know whats gonna happen." He muttered quietly. "So whats your name?"

"Arden. Arden Greene." I replied flatly. "And yours?"

"Roscoe. Roscoe Tyler. Nice to meet your Arden Greene." He said with a slight smile, his brown eyes glistening in the sunlight.

"Yeah....You too."

Roscoe looked around. "What are you doing here?"

"My Dad. Its my Dads reunion..for some camp..."

"..Why are you here if its your Dads?" He asked.

"...Well because I wanted to come with him..."

"Anyone special you wanted to see?" He nodded his head over to where Loren was standing.

.....Did he see me? Did he see me looking at Loren?

"No. I don't know anyone here." I lied.

Roscoe raised an eyebrow.

Suddenly there was a huge roar, like a monster was coming. The ground was shaking and I screamed a bit.

"..What was that!?" I said, looking around.

"Looks like thats my cue, Arden Greene." Roscoe said as he grabbed my hand and held it tightly. "I'm sorry, but your gonna have to follow me."

"What!? No! DAD! DAD WHERE ARE YOU!?" I started yelling, looking around for my Dad.

Just then, a creature, 10 feet tall, stomped towards Times Square.

"Oh my god...DAD!" I screamed, struggling against Roscoes grip.

"Well looks like you can see through the Mist." He muttered, tightening his grip on my arm.

All the pedestrians around New York stopped, as if there was nothing wrong...then went back to their regular business.

"We gotta get out of here." Roscoe said, pulling me away.

"No! I have to go back to my Dad!" I protested.

"If you want your Dad to live, then follow me!" He yelled, then pulled me towards the opposite way. I had no other choice..I wanted my Dad to live. I followed Roscoe as we both ran for our lives.

The last thing I could hear was screams and yelling from Times Square. Then the sight of Ryans body being thrown like a rag doll onto the streets, his headphones still around his neck. Motionless and pale.

I<3MyBrit
    I<3MyBrit
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3956
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by I<3MyBrit 4/1/2011, 9:36 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I HAVE TWO WORDS. waitt iss ittt 3? oh nvr mind. its 2. okay then... words: YOUR KILLING ME! oh thats 3 words. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Alfred F. Jones 4/1/2011, 9:52 pm

creys.gif
    honeybunsI

Female
    Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post by honeybunsI 4/4/2011, 6:03 pm

keep on making more there soooo good hmmm you should right a book !!!!!
    Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Panda Coffee 4/4/2011, 7:01 pm

But I wouldn't publish it 'cause there are a ton of laws against that...
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 4/5/2011, 9:21 pm

I'm not gonna publish this. Its just for fun :P

Chapter 4
    "Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden." - Phaedrus

I gasped and stopped, seeing my brother dead right in front of my eyes. "LET ME GO!" I screamed, wanting to run over to my brother.
    Roscoe sighed. "This is gonna hurt a bit...hold onto my wrist."
    "NO! I WANT MY BROTHER!" I screamed again, tears running down my face.
    He sighed again, then looked at his watch. He turned the knob on the side of his watch and pushed it in.

Everything shifted and I was suddenly not in NYC anymore. I fell down on the ground from the impact. My head aching.
    I didn't get up nor sit up.
    I laid on the ground, sobbing quietly.

"I'm sorry Arden..I really am. You have to follow me though...please." Roscoe pleaded.

Oh great. He was still here.

I looked up at him, wiping the tears from my eyes. "My brother just died right in front of me, and you expect me to come with you!?"

"....I told you I'm sorry for your loss. Now please, get up and follow me." He held out his hand.

I looked at his hand, then looked around my surroundings. We were in a forest..a familiar forest.

"Are we in-"

"No time for questions, now come on!"

I quickly got up and took his hand. We both ran into the darkness of the trees.

We arrived by a small camp in the deep dark of the forest. A small fire was in the middle and 4 tents surrounded it from a nice distance. There were wooden tables out in the front and fruits grew from the trees.

Roscoe looked over at me and smiled. "Welcome to Camp Half Blood."

"What?..But aren't you...wait....huh?" I asked, stumbling over my words.

"Yes...we are mortals. If that answered your question. Were just like you. Time Travelers. We've both experienced going back in time and ending up in Camp Half Blood at certain times. Our parents were all demigods."

"Wait...we? How many of their are you?" I asked, confused.

Roscoe chuckled. "Only 6. We call ourselves the Outsiders."

"Isn't that a book and a movie?"

"Well...yeah, but were cooler than them." He said with a smirk.

I shook my head. "..Your joking right? Are we in medieval time Camp Half Blood?"

Roscoe smiled. "Nope. Better. Camp Half blood, 2010."

Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Alfred F. Jones 4/5/2011, 10:14 pm

O:
    moreee.
    honeybunsI

Female

Post by honeybunsI 4/5/2011, 10:48 pm

MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE please :)
    Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Panda Coffee 4/5/2011, 10:56 pm

OhMyGoddeses!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it soooooo much!!!!!! :lol!:
    honeybunsI

Female

Post by honeybunsI 4/6/2011, 8:52 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii is amazing next chapter??????huh
    Laxyak
    Laxyak

Female
    Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Laxyak 4/7/2011, 2:16 pm

:DDDDDD
    I've been loving this. ^^
    I'm sorry I'm behind on posting my edits for you... I've been really busy with school and writing. Is it okay if I just read for now?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 4/7/2011, 10:22 pm

Thanks everyone! And that is perfectly fine Pickle :D Thanks for making edits on my story.

Chpater 5
    "When we were children, we used to think that when we grew up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability, to be alive is to be vulnerable." - Madeleine L'Engle[/size]

I stared at Roscoe with wide eyes. "...Can you repeat that?"

"Oh god, don't tell me you went deaf."

I grabbed Roscoe by the shoulders and shook him vigorously. "Where are we!?"

"Were in Camp Halfblood for god sake!" Another voice said, coming out of the first tent.

The voice came from a short, petite girl. She looked about 13 and had curly brown hair that went down to her shoulders. Her eyes were a hazel color and she had pale skin with a splotch of freckles on her face. I'd say she was pretty for a 13 year old girl.

"Who are you?" I asked, looking over at the girl.

Roscoe sighed. "This is Rosie. Shes one of us."

Rosie flashed a smile and flipped her hair back. "Rosie Martin. Youngest time traveler in the group." She said proudly.

I nodded slowly. "Right...What do you guys...usually do?"

"We protect what happens in time in Camp Halfblood." Another voice said, coming from another tent.

It was a boy, who was a bit taller than me. He had glasses and blondish, brownish hair. Dirt was smudged on his shirt as if he spent all day crawling on the ground. He smiled crookedly.

"But why? Does it really matter?" I asked.

The boy shifted. "It has to do with our parents most of the time. Cronus apparently likes to mess with us." He muttered the last part.

I raised an eyebrow and Roscoe clasped his hands together.

"Arden, this is Jensen. Hes the tech, genius guy."

Jensen chuckled. "I take that as a compliment."

"Hes just a nerd." Rosie interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"..Alright then. May I ask why you camp in the deepest of the deep in the forest?" I asked, looking around warily.

"Well why do you think, newbie? To keep away all the demigods and Chiron knowing mortals are camping out in their territory." Another voice said.

Its like they all rehearsed this.

I turned over to the source of the voice to find a tall girl, about the age of 17, leaning against the tent. Her blonde hair rested past her shoulders and her green eyes glimmered in the sunlight.
    Another guy, who looked her age and a bit taller, came by her and held her hand. The girl smiled up at him, and he smiled back down at her.

Rosie gagged. "Disgusting." She mumbled.

The girl glanced over at me and examined me for a bit as she squeezed the boys hand. "The names Misha by the way. And this here-" She glanced up at the boy with a smile. "is Owen."

He had black hair and dark brown hair, which kinda matched his olive toned skin. He had that fighter yet adventurous look.

Owen gave a little wave and I nodded slowly.

"So is there anyone else that is supposed to pop up and answer my question?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, and thats me." A familiar voice said.

No..it can't...

I slowly turned around and gasped a bit.

Loren.

He flashed that familiar, warm smile. "Hey, Arden."

Female

Post by annabeth13<3 4/7/2011, 11:51 pm

Oh my gosh. I didnt know writing could be so good:) your story is great!
    ML
    ML
    Role Playing Addict

Male
    Number of posts : 26561
    Registration date : 2009-12-19

Post by ML 4/8/2011, 12:17 am

HAIDEN, I JUST READ THIS ALL NOW BUT, I LOVE IT AND I NEED MORE.
    honeybunsI

Female

Post by honeybunsI 4/8/2011, 7:54 pm

MORE PLEASE I LOVE IT SO MUCH
    annabeth13<3

Female

Post by annabeth13<3 4/9/2011, 12:58 am

You need to write more as soon as u can. If you dont i will die! I need to know what happens next :)
    Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Panda Coffee 4/9/2011, 5:25 pm

You are a fantastic writer! I can't wait for more!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 1:46 pm