A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Perca
Zachary
Morgan Landry
7 posters

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) Empty The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/31/2012, 3:06 pm

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) Tumblr_n1xodaNdkk1r4e5xxo1_1280
    credit: Sherlock

This is the lowest bunk of her bunk bed, and it's by far one of the neatest bunks of the whole cabin. Everything has its place, Victoria being a disciplined and extremely organized girl. There is a picture of her dad in front of ATLAS attached to the wall next to her bunk, and a picture of Jason on the beach at Bordeaux, when he was at Victoria's. There is also a sheet of paper on which she wrote 'Aut disce aut discede' which is a Latin saying meaning 'Either learn or leave'. Another one said 'Consilio et animis', 'wisdom and courage', another one of Victoria's leitmotiv, and of course, her favorite quote, 'Cogito, ergo sum'. There is even a small depiction of Descartes under it, her idol.
    There is a lever under her bed which lead to a secret room. Inside it, there are three shelves full of her private books, a lab bench, and a desk with two computers her father bought her and which she altered in order for them to have more capacity and more memory (a Zettabyte each, but she is constantly creating new programs and applications on them, so she might need to pass on to the Yottabyte one day).
    If you want to break into that room, good luck. The lever is equipped with a digital prints checker, an eye-scanner and a voice-recognizer, and there is also a code, which combination Victoria changes every week.

The laptop was open, but the screen was black.Victoria sat on the mattress and started her MacBook.
    She opened her page-document, called "pi" and scrolled the 62 pages she had already written.
    Pulling a strain of wild hair back, she took the most recent of the sheets and looked at the calculations she had been doing.
    Sucking on her pencil, she continued, trying to figure out pi's 134542nd position.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/5/2014, 3:32 am; edited 7 times in total
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male
    Number of posts : 747
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) Empty Re: The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Zachary 4/1/2012, 1:25 pm

Nigel had realized he had no brains in his group of body guards. This was a flaw; if he was the only one with a brain, how could he get anything done?

He knocked on the door twice, and walked in himself, leaving some sons of Ares to guard his place outside. As he entered, he leaned on his sea serpent cane.

"I'm here to hire any who wish to put their smarts to a greater use. Who wishes to join me?" He asked the whole cabin, smiling smugly.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) Empty Re: The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 1:36 pm

I walked to Athenas cabin.I saw the Ares kid outside.

-Can I come inside?I asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 1:44 pm

Victoria grunted, lost in her calculations. She wrote another page with numbers and entered two on her laptop.
    As soon she finished, she rolled on her back and eyed the two newcomers.

- Who are you? she asked. This is Athena cabin. You don't look like my siblings.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 1:53 pm

I hold in my hand the necklase with the red rock like fire inside a circle of gold.

-I am Areti,daughter of Hecate.I was searching for an Athena's child.My team leader told me that I have a lot of problems and I have to talk with this with someone.He suggested me a child of Athena.And here I am.

I tried to smile.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 4/1/2012, 2:06 pm

"I am Nigel Charles Roy Mollod the third. I am here on my own business." He looked at the laptop's sceen, to observe countless numbers. And not numbers that were too high to be counted, but so many numbers on there that there was countless numbers.

"You look like just the person I'm looking for," He told the girl lying on the bed. "I am need of someone who can think, other than me. You look like you can do that. I'm willing to pay you...well, since you actually think...$150 a month. And I have a 100 dollar initiative, just to get you interested. What do you say?" He asked her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 2:10 pm

Victoria looked at Areti suspiciously.

- And what are your problems about? she asked her. I'm afraid I can't help you if they're not about maths and physics.

Then she turned at Nigel.

- My intelligence is not for sale, she snapped, while trying to figure out the equation of his jaw's line.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 2:11 pm

I looked at the boy surprised.How this guy thought he was?

-Hey!I told him.Anger was boiling inside me.You don't even know her and you are offering her a job?How you think you are?The King of Camp Half Blood?

I listen Victoria answering far away.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 2:18 pm

- Cool yourself, girl, Victoria said. Even though I have to agree with you.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 2:20 pm

I heard Victoria,clearly this time.

-Sory,I said.This is one of my problems,I can be angry very easily.

I was still looking Nigel with anger.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 2:22 pm

- Hey...

She swung her legs out of her bed and got up.

- So your problems are emotional ones?
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 2:24 pm

-Not only.Sometimes,when I become too angry I lose the control of my powers.And you,I turned to Nigel,you must become more nice.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 2:32 pm

Victoria sighed. Why had problems to be always that complicated?
    If Areti had given her an equation, she could've solved it in five minutes!
    She sat back on her bed, preyed by a flash of inspiration and calculated in twenty seconds the next three positions of pi.

- Hurray! she cried out. I'm at the 134547st position!
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 2:47 pm

I looked Victoria with question.

-What?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 2:51 pm

OOC: I'll wait for Zack to post back.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 4/1/2012, 3:11 pm

"Not for sale? Please, everything is for sale with a certain price..." He smirked, taking out the wad of money that he always kept in his pocket. This was his wad of one hundreds, as he kept his was of fifties in his other coat pocket. He started counting them.

"One, two, three, four, five, six..." He counted, still smiling all the same.

"Oh, and Areti, nice is just a conception of fools. There is no such thing as good or bad deeds. And seeing that I could buy litterally everything here, yes, I guess I consider myself King of Camp half blood." He replied to her.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/1/2012, 3:16 pm

My hand went to the open window and smal rocks started going to it.
    -What?I asked him with anger in my voice.What you said?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 3:21 pm

- y=x+3, Victoria suddenly said. That's the equation of your jaw's line. Sorry, but the window ledge just made a perfect orthonormal coordinate system to calculate it.

She studied Nigel like he was a complicated equation.

- King of Camp, aye? Tell me, what is unreal but called often real, touchable and still untouchable, seeable but unseeable?
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 4/1/2012, 3:36 pm

Nigel ignored the other girl, as he hated repeating himself. If she had problems hearing, it was her problem.

Nigel pondered for a bit. He never cared for riddles, he was better making other people miserable. But this one, he think he could work around.

"I would say a shadow, as for the real part, what is a shadow other than an absence of light? People say it's there, but is it really? It's touchable as the outline of the shadow can be touched, but still it's an intangible thing, and it can be seen, but still unseen as there could be a blind person witnessing it." He told her. He knew he had the wrong answer, but he thought he worked around it fairly well.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 3:40 pm

Victoria shook her head in a deprecative manner.

- I'm not talking about life's mysteries. The answer was the Number. Right, now I understand better. The thing is, you're daft, so you seek someone who's intelligent, so you choose, in your dumbness, to put the bar high, too high, and asked me if I should be your "brain". But as I said, my intelligence is not for sale. I won't prostitute it to someone as under-intelligent as you.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 4/1/2012, 3:49 pm

"But, as you can see, I have made a valid answer without needing the real one. Answer this one," He said. He hadn't taken to memorizing riddles often, but he knew a couple.

"An eye in a blue face saw an eye in a green face. 'That eye is like this eye' said the first eye. 'But in a low place, not in high place." He had recited, still having his sinister smiled. He assumed with such a logistic mind she wouldn't guess it. Perhaps she would, but he could remember two or three more.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2012, 4:05 pm

- It's sun on daisies, of course, Victoria immediately answered. Hey, I'm daughter of Athena! Don't you have any more... mathematical ones? she snapped.

She looked at the banknotes and snatched one away.

- Are these... really... perfect right angles...? she whispered to herself, holding the bank note into a sun ray.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 4/1/2012, 4:11 pm

OOC: Answered immediately, ha. You crack me up.

"More mathematical ones, eh?" Nigel stroked his chin, and a wide smile appeared.

"This thing all things devours: Birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steel; Grinds hard stone to meal; Slays king, ruins town, and beats high mountain down." He looked at her with an intimidating eye.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2012, 5:33 am

OOC: I guess so XD

BIC:

- Either Death or Nothing. One of both, Victoria shrugged.

She was fed up with this guy. He was too arrogant for the little brain he had. She gave him the bank note back.

- So do you plan to stay here or what? she asked.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 4/2/2012, 3:22 pm

"You have most certainly missed that one, death does not bite steal, nor does nothing make hard stone to meal. The answer, of course, was time. I would have thought that a knowledgeable mind like yours could have seen that easily, but then again knowledgeable doesn't seem to describe you well." Nigel sneered.

"So, do you want money or what? I can pay you almost anything you want. I'm rich, if you can't tell." He gestured to his fancy 17th century clothing and made his cane come into more view.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 6:35 am