A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Perca
Zachary
Morgan Landry
7 posters

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Kendall 10/9/2013, 10:35 pm

Oh, dear, another bower. Athena was flattered -- although the feeling was dulled by centuries of being bowed to, anyway -- and nodded at Victoria to stand up. "Hello, my daughter; I see you've been taking care of yourself nicely. Please, stand -- this is not a formal occasion, just a friendly checkup visit."

She took a quick glance around the cabin, noting that she'd have to talk to Dionysus about maybe installing another window or two -- the lighting was very poor, but then again, that might have been because Athena had been laying in the dark pondering her strategies for the potential war in her Olympian home before coming to check on Victoria. Athena's hand drifted over to her notebook to pick up the pen, which she twirled between her fingers as she gazed at her daughter. "I suppose you've been having a good deal of fun lately?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Phrontistery (aka Victoria's bunk)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/10/2013, 9:43 am

Victoria rose as her mother ordered her to. The goddess sounded slightly annoyed... could it be because she had bowed?

"I have learnt to be respectful towards gods," she excused herself, "but I do beg your pardon."

The goddess glanced once around the cabin, but let no emotion show; Victoria wondered what she was thinking. With humans and/or most demigods, she had a fair capacity of reading expressions... something which was impossible with gods. Athena turned back to her daughter, and her question almost surprised Victoria; Athena was a loving mother, of course she had been watching over her, reason why she knew what Victoria had been up to lately.

"Oh yes, we really had some fun... in Bordeaux. Going to the beach, observing the stars with the telescope.... It was truly amazing."

Apart from my cousins and their down-syndrome-friend.

"And..er, how are you?" she asked, afraid of sounding impolite.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/12/2013, 11:31 pm

"Mhmm. Well, I would say I'm fine for the time being -- what with all the events with Gaea and the war that may or may not come, all of the gods are... stressed." Athena sighed, shaking her head sadly. They had just gotten out of the second Titan War, only to be forced to be on high alert in case of further war events. It was tiring that all the old gods were attempting to rise to power again -- almost cliche, to Athena's exasperated mind.

"But I'm not here to complain to you about Olympus," the goddess continued, clearing her throat. "I also have a bit of a present for you; it's a bit too early to consider it a Christmas present, but perhaps we can excuse it as a... birthday present? I don't know. I don't give presents often." And with that, the gray-eyed goddess waved her hand and, on Victoria's bunk, appeared what seemed to be only a giant lump wrapped in a blanket. Athena eyed the package cautiously and turned back to Victoria: "Open it carefully; it has a tendency to cause... panic. Almost."

ooc: Sorry this is a bit late.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/13/2013, 4:44 pm

OOC: It's absolutely alright =)

BIC:

Victoria listened to her mother with a smile; she was unsure of how to react to her immediate presence. Athena acted as if this were only a casual visit, like she was coming round once every week for a cup of tea - had she any idea of Victoria's astonishment and delight? The fourteen-years-old couldn't take her eyes off the goddess.
    She had inherited her blonde hair and piercing gray eyes as well as her athletic built, she noticed. However, Athena had much stronger features than her; her chin, cheekbones and swan neck just seemed to be carved out of marble, and she walked and moved with an assurance and majesty Victoria doubted she possessed - on the other hand, she wasn't a goddess.

However, as Athena announced she had a gift for her, Victoria couldn't restrain her eyes from widening. A gift from one's godly parent was a rare honor. In fact, she would be the only one of her cabin, along with Annabeth, to own something Athena had given her.
    Annabeth had a Yankees baseball cap that could make her invisible, what would Victoria get?

A piece of cloth appeared on her bunk bed, it was obviously wrapped around something. A bit unnerved by Athena's warning, Victoria stalked over to the bed and carefully pulled one corner of the cloth aside. It revealed something metallic, of matte color. Victoria identified it as celestial bronze - was she about to be given a weapon? Her hyperactivity took over and she pulled the whole cloth away.
    And let out an involuntary scream.
    She was so scared she had the impression that ice had been injected into her veins, even the capillary ones, freezing her blood. It was worse than when the spiders had found her at night, when she had been younger.
    But there was no mistaking to what it was.

"Aegis," she whispered, closed her eyes tightly in order to escape the frightful sight, turned around and opened them again to look at Athena. "This is Aegis... well, a replica of Aegis, your breast plate, isn't it?"

Victoria knew that Thalia, the daughter of Zeus, carried a shield named Aegis, where the head of the Gorgo Medusa was depicted; Victoria now owned the same, but the horrifying face of the monster was pictured on a breast plate instead of a shield. However, Victoria had already seen Thalia's Aegis, and hers was more frightening than Vic's. Well, she was the daughter of Zeus, so it was probably normal she had mightier weapons than a mere daughter of Athena.
    But Victoria was immensely pleased by the present and she addressed her mother a deeply grateful smile.

"Thank you, mother," she stated.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/23/2013, 3:31 pm

ooc: Aaannndd again, sorry for the delay; I've been swamped with school stuff lately.

bic:

Athena was leaning forward with her elbows on her knees, partly out of curiosity towards her daughter's reaction and partly because this posture was somewhat comfortable to her, as she watched her daughter open up her present -- and scream. Of course she would have, it was a replica of Aegis she was unveiling so rashly. The goddess was slightly amused, but she hid it by sighing and shaking her head slightly. Apparently, even the most intelligent people can make a -- dare she say it -- stupid mistake. "Yes, a replica of my breastplate; you don't know how many drachmas it took to get Hephaestus to make a copy of it. He isn't much of a fan of looking at the thing either, even though he is a god.... But you are welcome. Use it carefully."

The goddess proceeded to stand up and, in two long strides, had reached Victoria's bunk and was leaning over it. She picked up the covering and threw it back over the breastplate, shaking her head slightly as she glanced back at her daughter: "You must be more prudent. I understand you have ADHD, but when I warn you about its effects you shouldn't open it so suddenly like that. I have seen demigods have heart attacks when regarding something like an Aegis copy so suddenly, and I wouldn't like to lose more children of mine so soon."

Straightening herself, Athena found that she was basically looking down at the top of her daughter's head. Aah, yes -- the godly stature, when they choose to assume a mortal form. It was a wonderful tool for intimidation, but for now, the goddess wasn't looking to scare anybody, much less her own daughter.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/24/2013, 1:14 am

OOC: It's alright. But I need Victoria now, before the Halloween dance starts^^ Two people want to RP with her.

BIC: Victoria noticed her mother's sigh and head-shake; and she flushed. She knew she had made a mistake... she could've deduced it even before opening it! She had seen something metallic, like an armor, and Athena had said it might provoke panic. Of course it was Aegis!
    ... Or the Kuneion, but that was Hades's attribute, not Athena's.

Her cheeks still red with shame, she nodded.

"I understand, mother. I am sorry."

Sometimes, ADHD could be very tricky. Victoria had managed to get over her dyslexia for the most part, but it was outbalanced by a strong ADHD. It was nasty, since it often disturbed her when she was trying to concentrate.

Suddenly, the Aegis seemed to fade away under the cloth until it was a grey Harvard vest; Victoria's eyes widened, and she smiled at her mother, but the goddess had already disappeared.

The young girl sat down on her neat bed and took the cloth away, revealing the grey Harvard shirt. There wasn't only 'Harvard' written in wine red letters, but also a stylized Medusa head (which of course doesn't look scary) in the same color, just under the university's name. Victoria felt the urge to put it on, and slid it over her narrow shoulders; it was perfectly her size.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female
    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2012-03-29

Post by Maybeth 10/26/2013, 3:32 pm

I heard voices, but I slowly and quietly waited outside for a while, looking around. I saw a beautiful flower on a small bush, and decided it wouldn't be bad, since Vic wasn't a daughter of Demetra. I smirked and then, made my way inside. I saw her looking upon something and leaned to the door waiting for her to notice me.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/26/2013, 4:24 pm

As the door winced open, Victoria didn't look to see who it was, believing it was one of her siblings. She was fascinated by the gift Athena had given her, and she was stroking the linen fabric of the shirt with dainty fingers. She was so happy she even thought on only one level; normally, she thought on five or six levels at once, focusing on a wide range of different things.

Something drew her out of her thoughts.

There were no footsteps.
    Which meant whoever was there didn't get in and stayed on the threshold of the door.

Victoria turned around.
    Warmness spread into her heart as she saw it was Jason. With a wide smile, she walked over to him and passed her arms around his shoulders, hugging him lovingly.
    Unlike most couples, Jason and Victoria didn't spend their time kissing and cuddling. They didn't show their relationship much, with perfectly suited Victoria, since she was a very secretive girl. They would hold hands, kiss once or twice per day and hold each other in their arms, but it wasn't obvious that they were together; Victoria just liked that.
    She gave Jason a sweet kiss on the cheek, just next to the corner of his mouth, inhaling his delicious perfume.

"Hello Jason," she said.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 10/27/2013, 3:46 am

I looked over her shoulder, just a quick glimse to see what she was previously so focused on... Then back into her beautiful eyes. I smiled lively and kissed her back softly. I liked the fact that we weren't like those slug-couples [as I call them] kissing again and again and sticking to each other... Vic and I had a different kind of love. Perhaps, even more powerful than theirs!

-Good Day Vic! How are you? I said and with my arm around her, I petted her hair, placing them behind her ears, and gave her that little flower of her favorite colors.  
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/27/2013, 7:44 am

"Oh Jason, you'll never guess what just happened!" she excitedly said as he put a streak of her dry blonde hair behind her ear.

Then, he gave her the flower and Victoria smiled widely.

"Gods, Jason, thank you so much!" she smiled as she took the flower; it had a wonderful fragrance she inhaled with delight.

It was the first time somebody ever gave her a flower, so she didn't quite know what to do with it. Stick it in her hair? She tried, but it fell out almost immediately. She decided to put it in the glass of water that was always on her night table, and turned to Jason with a thankful smile.

Taking his hand, she led him to her bunk.

"My mother just visited me," she whispered, excited. "And she brought me a present."

Victoria pointed on the grey Harvard sweatshirt that was neatly folded on her bed.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 10/27/2013, 4:15 pm

I held Vic's hand as we walked to her bunk, and even if it wasn't of the first times doing it, I felt so lucky being the one she trusted and loved.
    -Your mother? I asked surprised.

My father Apollo had his children forgoten... I was so glad that Vic hadn't the same fate. Athena, godess of wisdom was honoring her with a present!

I stared the sweatshirt for a while without understanding. The ADHD, was so annoying and consisting sometimes. It was a grey sweatshirt from Harvard laying on her bed.
    wondered what special powers it possessed. Was it a secret armory? It couldn't be just a shirt! I have learnt through my years at Camp, that nothing is what it seems to be!

-Beautiful! I said though, cause even in this form, a Harvard sweatshirt was something I'd love to have, and mostly, an academy I'd like to go!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/27/2013, 4:39 pm

Victoria smirked.

"You haven't seen anything yet," she stated, and took the sweatshirt up.

She showed him the depiction of the Medusa head just under the word 'Harvard'.

"This turns into a Aegis, as a breast-plate, like my mother's breast plate," she explained. "It is chiseled with the face of Medusa and honestly.... it is really scary. Even more than spiders. I won't show it to you now because I don't want you to run away, but you'll see soon enough, when we play Capture the Flag on Friday."

She put it back down. To her, it was honestly more frightening than spiders, and being a child of Athena, that actually meant something.
    Victoria realized she was recovering from her surprise of seeing her mother because she started thinking on different levels at once again, as if they were TV-channels that she had cut off and that switched back on automatically.
    On one level, she was resuming her contemplation of the question whether one could be happy while being unjust (which was something Victoria had started reflecting on the day before), on a second one, she was thinking about oscillatory reactions, a topic she was working on in her private room, just under her bed, on a third level, she was dreamily inventing new molecular structures and in that way new molecules, assembling atoms together in her mind, and on a fourth level, she was solving a sangaku she had found in one of her books one hour before, the elements getting into her mind quickly, like she was playing chess.
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female
    Number of posts : 630
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Post by kayt smells 10/28/2013, 10:49 am

I knocked on the door, to see if anyone was there. When I didn't hear a response, I opened the door to see my half-sister Victora and her friend Jason sitting on the bed. Perfect timing, I wanted to go as a group to the Halloween dance. I wanted to get closer to my sister and wanted to make some more friends so why not invite Jason and Victoria? I mean I didn't have many friends so I was trying to socialize.

"Hey Victoria, Jason. I have a quick question, so the Halloween dance is coming up and I wanted to do a group thing so do you guys wanna go with me?" I said with my voice squeaking a little.

I relized that they were right in a conversation, and I interupted. I let the ADHD get the best of me, when I get to exited all the common sense leaves my brain and I just ramble. I saw a Harvard sweatshirt on the bed. My eyes widened for I wanted to get into Harvard someday.

"Whoa, is that a Harvard sweatshirt? That is really awesome! So did you get in?"

I was playing 20 questions, my sister was smart enough to get into Harvard early. Even though she was 14 she is a daughter of Athena and is very smart. I almost forgot about the Halloween dance, if they wanted to go with me to the dance I kinda had an idea for the coustume.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/28/2013, 11:11 am

As soon Victoria finished speaking, Lizzie burst into the cabin. She was wearing the regular orange Camp shirt and a pair of jeans. Her blonde hair was loosely hanging around her shoulders.

"Hey Elizabeth," Victoria stated. "Jason.. this is Elizabeth, my younger half-sister. Elizabeth, this is Jason, from the Apollo cabin."

Victoria didn't say Jason was her boyfriend. She didn't even know if Lizzy knew it... probably not.

She had mentored Elizabeth when she had come to Camp, a couple of years ago, and Lizzy had looked up to her ever since. She started talking about the Halloween dance, and Victoria's eyebrows rose.

"You know, Lizzy, I'm not much the party type. I don't even know how to dance," she said.

OOC: Yeah. Jason's gonna convince her XD

BIC: It was true; Victoria had never been invited to a party, let alone attended one. She had no experience of that kind of things, at all; the closes she had ever got to a party was when her father had taken her to a scientific meeting in a beautiful mansion in Geneva, when she was twelve, where the party guests had sat in various rooms, drinking expensive wine and eating petit fours and other snacks provided by caterers while discussing complex physical subjects.

Even though most people would find it boring, Victoria had had a lot of fun; she had impressed quite a lot of scientists by her knowledge and quick understanding. The party guests soon stopped condescending to her because of her young age.

Lizzy spotted Victoria's Harvard sweat-shirt and Vic smiled.

"I'm not going to Harvard yet, little sister," she smiled. "I'm only in eleventh grade."

Well, 'only'.
    She was in eleventh grade, and she was fourteen. She had skipped three grades at school, so saying she was 'only' in eleventh grade, scientific section, and being fourteen, was a bit ironical.

"However...."

Should she tell Elizabeth about Athena and the gift? It felt so personal.... She didn't know. She didn't want the whole Camp to know it, even if they eventually would. She wasn't the boasting type - even though she loved proving others wrong.
    Besides, she was very secretive, her relationship with Jason proved that.

She decided to tell it anyway.

"It's a gift from Mum," she says. "It turns into a breastplate, the Aegis breastplate, like Mum's. Basically, a breastplate with a chiseling of Medusa's face. It's pretty scary," she added, "even more than spiders in my opinion."
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female

Post by kayt smells 10/28/2013, 11:39 am

My eyes widened, did she just say the Aegis breastplate? I then saw the little button under the Havard symbol on the sweatshirt. Mom never visited me, but maybe just maybe she would visit me if I did better in training. I can imagine how scary that mus be, if it is even more scary then spiders. Im scared of spiders more than most Athena children, for once when I was 6 was walking home from the park and a gigantic spider appeared out of no were and tried to kill me. My dad said i probably just had a dream that was so scarry it was realistic. A couple years later it happened again, but that time my dad sent me to camp.

"D-did you say it turns into the Aegis breastplate? And that it is even more scarry then s-spiders?"

I was impressed by Victoria's gift, I can see why mom likes her so much. Well better than she likes me. I want to be like Victoria, but Im 12 and im in lame 8th grade. When I turn 14 im going to be in 10th grade not 11th like Victoria. I probably won't be as good as Victoria becuase I have focusing issues and really bad ADHD. I still can't hurt to try for she got a visit from mom.

"You should go Victoria. Please it will be fun, we don't have to dance, I can't dance for my life"

Once my dad took me to Christmas Dance and tried to get me to dance. I stepped on his toe and probably ever one else's toe in the room. He ended up dancing with a lady with no partner and I ended up reading the full works of Shakespeare which my dad brought with him so if I got bored I could do a bit of light reading.

"Also Victoria, being 14 in 11th grade is better than a 12 year old in 8th grade. When im 14 im going to be in 10th grade unless I skip another year." I said frowning a little.

I hoped it wasn't to oblivious that I looked up to Victoria that much. I was always comparing myself to Victoria, for she is always going to be better than me. After the halloween dance I want to invite her to watch the constilations with my dad and I. My dad is coming out to New York with his co-workers to study a un-heard of star constillation. He was working with some astronomers (who named them that? Who missed out on the chance to call them Skyintists XD) out in New York. He said I could invite 1 friend becuase this is very important and I think Victoria would like it.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 10/28/2013, 12:42 pm

I suggest you to wait, you interrupted three of my posts I was ready to post... I'm a little bit slow... :wink:
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/28/2013, 12:51 pm

OOC: I invited her to join.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 10/28/2013, 1:00 pm

I looked at the sweatshirt carefully.

-Whoa...Indeed! I said narrowing my eyes when I saw the medusa's head as a tiny graphic on the cloth. I wouldn't be so scarred, but don't appear in front of me wearing it out of the blue sweety! I said softly amazed by the godly gift.

-I didn't knew, we do have a capture the flag game this Friday... I said but then remembered why I was here!

-Ermmm...Vic, I came to ask you...uhh...I scratched the back of my neck nervously. I knew her so long and we were officially a couple, but I wasn't sure about this suddenly... I just...Umm...Thursday..you know, it's...

Before I get to finish my tangled words, a half-blood came in and interrupted me. I flet so awkward. I blushed. The half-blood, looking like a sibling of Vic, asked us exactly what I had in mind. My moment was ruined...

Vic indroduced me to that little girl called Elizabeth, a half-sister as I guessed.
    -Hey Elizabeth, I said trying to hide the irritation in my voice.

But then, I heard Vic saying she's not willing to go to the dance. What a disappointement...

-I could teach you to dance! I said smiling. Apollo, god of poetry and sun! I could handle it, even if I wasn't the best. I looked at the other girl a bit annoyed, as she was constantly interupting to make chatter coments. I didn't like chatter people. I had to be polite though, and don't judge her this way right from the start.

I watched them while talking for a while as Elizabeth was amazed from her mother's gift to Victoria as well as I was. I saw something else though. The way she spoke to her, and the way she looked at her...I caught a glimse of enviousness into her sparkling eyes. She wasn't jealous with the bad way, she just seemed to have Vic as her Idol. I felt glad that Vic was so important to her simblings, but I decided to watch Elizabeth more carefully from now on.

-Victoria, please! I know it's not your preferable way to celebrate, but I promise you it's gonna be fun! I'll be with you! I'm not good in this neither...I said and smirked. Of course I was, if the gods were judged by their party mood, first would be Mr. Dionysous, and right after, my father!

OCC: I know, sorry for being kinda rude, but I had to write an answer while studying, and everytime I was ready to post, I saw there were more for me to add! xd!
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female

Post by kayt smells 10/28/2013, 2:29 pm

I wasn't a pro at reading people's faces but I could tell Jason was slighty annoyed. I was 2 years younger than him so of course im going to be annoying, but I don't think he knows the reason Im happy. My father contacted me after 2 years, for he gets very caught up in his work. He told me he was coming to New York so I couldn't help to be excited. Normaly if you knew me I was the shy girl, the one who perfers books over people. My dad told me I could bring a friend to the star seeing but the problem was that I don't have any friends. I was already on the okay side with Victoria but her friend seems to not like me. It wasn't normal for me to ramble on and on like this.

"Im sorry Victoria, im just really excited thats all. My dad well called me today to say he was coming to New York to study a bunch of uncommon stars with some pretty well known Astronomers. He said I could invite a friend so I was also wondering if you wanted to come to that."

I asked it infront of her friend but by the way he is blushing and looking at her im guessing there more than 'friends.'
    I had trouble talking to people becuase I was always called a freak. I was bullied pretty badly becuase I skipped a grade and no one wanted to hang out with someone younger than them. I was called a freak of nature for being so smart but I usally just ignored them. Once they insulted my father, and that was the last straw for me. I got into a fight and most of the moves came naturally. No one talked to me after I beat up the strongest kid in school. Instead of going outside, I went to the library and I would read. Finally my father made me a year rounder at camp so I wouldn't have to deal with bullies. Sometimes I think it was becuase he didn't want me around ruining his studies. I haven't seen him or talked to him in 2 years so I am really happy to see him. My father never really believed that I could be so special he just thought I was a nerdy kid. Once the signs started that I was a demigod he sent me to camp, not wanting any monsters around to distract him from his work. He used to be a good person but his work is so important to him he is greedy. He may have changed, but I highly doubt that. I must not think like this, my father wants to see me so he must have changed. I am now frowning thinking like this. Maybe I will stop acting so hyper, now that Im not nearly as excited.

"So yes to both of them Victoria?" I asked hoping she would say yes.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2013, 11:19 am

Victoria hesitated.

She had listened to both and started to find the idea of going to a dance with them tempting. And even though Jason and her weren't very 'physical' in their love in the way they didn't spend their time sticking to each other, kissing endlessly, she didn't say no to an evening of dancing in his arms and spending time with him. Lizzy would probably be there too, but that didn't actually bother Victoria. Sure, Lizzy was often talkative in her presence, but she guessed she knew when to calm down.
    On the fourth level of her thinking, she figured out the result of the sangaku she had been reflecting on and stocked the memory of it in her mind, so she could write it down later. Her first level of thought was currently contemplating whether people labelled as 'sadistic' had a different definition of 'happiness' than persons who were not. One would immediately say 'yes'... But what if happiness meant the same thing to everybody? Was happiness a universal feeling or was it different for everybody else?

Victoria crossed her arms.

"Let's admit I accept to come to the dance," she started. "What would I dress up as? I have no Halloween clothes."

Besides, Halloween often featured spiderwebs.... figure out where that goes for Victoria.

Lizzy suddenly started talking to her about her father, who was going to observe 'a bunch of uncommon stars' (which Victoria might probably know since she spends her evening outside observing the sky) with 'some pretty well known astronomers'.
    Well, there again, it was probably she might know some of these astronomers, since her father had a lot of friends in that section of work, even though he was working on a particle accelerator.

"Really?" Victoria asked. "Uncommon stars, like... Beta Pictoris? Or are you going to watch comets too, like Ison?"

The started to tempt her too. She loved studying stars and she had all the necessary material in her private room.
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female

Post by kayt smells 10/29/2013, 11:40 am

"Plenty of rare stars is all I can really say. Im warning you now, my father is a strange man. He may be nice one moment and then a second later he explodes. He is usally nice for the most part. They have noticed strange sightings and stars in the sky so I thought you would like that."

I smiled and thought about our coustumes. We could probably go as 'nerds' for halloween. Like get nerdy glasses and put scotch tape around it and get suspenders and wear to small shorts. We could also have button up shirts with crazy bow ties and crazy socks. That would be fun, a group of nerds. We wouldn't really even have to act nerdy becuase we already are smart and carry around books and do 'light reading' of a 1,000 page book.

"Well I was thinking that we could..um..be nerds for halloween. Like the ones with the big glasses and that wear suspenders with to small shorts.....Only if you want to.....Um..Um"

Now I was back to being the shy, quite girl. I felt my face get hot, I wasn't really a social butterfly and I started to mumble when I got nervous and thats what happened. I would have been fine with just Victoria but Jason was here so I was a little shy now that the excitment left me. I looked at Victoria, hoping my coustume idea wasn't to stupid.

"Um..We can go as whatever you want....I just want to go to the dance as a group....Im trying to make friends and I would like to be friends with Jason too so I thought this would be the best way to make friends."

This time when I was rambling, it wasn't becuase I was excited. It was because I was shy and didn't like talking out loud.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2013, 12:05 pm

"Rare stars?" Victoria stated.

Since she observed the sky every day, she wondered what 'rare stars' might be. It wasn't like those were seldom stones you might find by luck... stars were there no matter what.

"And what observatory are you going to?" Victoria continued.

She remembered when her father had taken her to the Paranal Observatory in Chile, and to the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory in Spain. Victoria hadn't wanted to leave. She had wanted to stay there for all her life, and she smiled at the recollection.

Lizzy then talked about the dance, exposing her costume ideas. Victoria's eyebrows furrowed at the 'small shorts'. 'Small shorts' sounded like 'sexy' and now, that was not Victoria's style at all.

"You know... I'm not the type to wear too short shorts. And I don't think we need to dress up to come over as nerds," she added. "Everybody thinks Athena children are nerds... but most of the time, they are wrong," she finished with a sigh, thinking about all the sophists that shared her cabin.

She sat down on her bunk... and got an idea.
    Oh yes, that was a good idea. Such a good one that she stopped dreamily assembling atoms to molecules for a handful of seconds.

Victoria smirked.

"I think I know how I am to come," she said.
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female

Post by kayt smells 10/29/2013, 12:36 pm

"Well im not to sure yet, my dad says it is a suprise for not you know contacting me in 2 years. He said it was going to be a really rare thing, that only happens a couple times."

I thought to myself, it wasn't going to be short short just to small shorts. Like a size to small, they were going to be down the knees. Well Victoria seemed to have a better idea so I decided to let her speak. Her eyes sparkled and she smirked. I knew that it had to be a good idea.

"Oh yes I know we are all praticly nerds, but I thought we could just try to be the funny ones."

I went over to my side of the room and put down the book I had been carying. I saw one of my half-sister's makeup on my bed and picked it up with disgust. Why would people feel the need to cover up their natural beauty with artifical makeup that makes you look like a clown. I threw it in the trash, it was on my bed so I could throw it away if I wanted.

"Who feels the need to put on that stuff? It's so un-Athena like, we are not children of Aphrodite." I said in disgust.

Only a couple of my older sisters seemed to like make-up more than studying which I pittied them for that. I loved books and math, but most of all I liked Science. It was so amazing but I quickly pushed the thoughts out of my head when I remembered what Victoria said.

"So what are you going to be?" I asked quitely.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 10/29/2013, 12:38 pm

I smirked in a grimace. Nerds? Well being highly spiritual and having higher level knowledge than the others, shouldn't be called nerds!

I wasn't a son of Athenaa, here goes fate though, I had porbably more mature way of thinking than my classmates, perhaps than the upper grades as well.

I liked science, I lacked perfection in Maths, but I always thought in a way, the first humans ever, observing their surroundings, and afterwars called Physiocrats did! I had all the kinds of questions about everything! And I prefered solving them by reading heavy science tomes!

I looked up when Eliza mentioned that she wanted to be my freind. Exept Vic [she was many more] and Justin let me say, I had no other "friends". It felt awkward...

I smiled knowing deeply into me, that if daughter of wise Athena came up with an idea, then it would be maginficent!
    -Tell us! I said warmly happy that we convinced her in the end!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2013, 3:00 am

'A rare thing'? 'That happens only a couple of times'?
    Perhaps she was definitely talking about ISON. But ISON was not a star, it was a comet -- a sungrazer, more precisely. Victoria had been observing it every night since the beginning of October; at first it had been only a faint blur which what seemed to by a trail of light, but it had gotten more precise with the passing days. Victoria just couldn't wait for the 28th of November. She had already made three different hypotheses about what could happen then.

"Sounds interesting," Victoria agreed. "And your father told you you could bring one friend? I'm in."

She smiled at Lizzy.

"Thanks, sis. It seems we are going to have a bit of fun."

Even more for Victoria, whose goal was to become an astrophysicist.
    Lizzy spotted some make-up on her bunk and threw it into a bin, which made Victoria smile.

"You shouldn't have done that," she said. "Just let her put make-up on. At least she acknowledges herself that she is ugly."

As they looked at her with interrogative expressions, she sensed she had to explain.

"Look, if she considered herself beautiful, she'd hardly need any make-up, right?" Victoria stated. "Therefore, the fact she puts on make-up implies that she finds herself ugly."

She smiled at them; it was one thing she had never understood for the Campers of the Aphrodite cabin. And one of the things that definitely pushed her away from researching physical beauty.

As Lizzy and Jason urged her to tell what she'd go as, Victoria just shook her head.

"You'll see, you'll see," she mysteriously said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 3:03 pm