A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Phoebe Arquera's characters

Phoebe Arquera
    Phoebe Arquera

Female
    Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2012-06-24

Phoebe Arquera's characters Empty Phoebe Arquera's characters

Post by Phoebe Arquera 6/24/2012, 6:16 pm

Name: Phoebe Arquera

Eyes: Extremely dark brown which turn burgundy in the sunlight

Hair: Brown, curly

Height: 5'10''

Body Type: Lean

Skin Color: Olive

God Parent: Apollo

Mortal Parent: Judith Arquera

Country of Origin: United States of America, specifically Puerto Rico

Pets: Oro the Griffin is her pet. He is gold and the size of a Clydesdale horse. In Greek mythology, the griffin was a half-eagle, half-lion that was sacred to Apollo and could be seen pulling the sun chariot.

Talents: Singing, writing poetry and stories, playing instruments, shooting

Weapon**: Candor, a Celestial Bronze weapon that doubles as a bow/arrows/quiver set and a xiphos (the double-edged, leaf-shaped sword of the ancient Greeks). Whenever Candor is not being used, it is a necklace with two charms on it: one of a bow and arrow, and one of a xiphos. To choose which aspect Phoebe wishes to use at the moment, she pulls that charm off the necklace.

Flaws: As a daughter of the God of Truth, she's honest all of the time. In fact, she's physically unable to lie. This presents a problem because people find this trait to be off-putting at times, usually when they don't want to hear the truth. On top of that, if she were to, say, be captured by an enemy, she would reveal valuable secrets if asked directly because, well, she can't lie. She hopes to keep this a secret as it can be used against her. She is also terrified of the dark.

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Her first power is healing. She can't heal extreme terminal diseases such as cancer. The best she can do for those cases is alleviate pain. She is able to heal rather large wounds but nothing too extreme. Attempting to do so could drain her of too much energy which could be fatal. She can heal cuts, scrapes, and bruises easily, but large gashes and wounds to vital organs can't be attempted without the risk of her dying. It'd be better to stick to nectar and ambrosia for those. Her second ability is photokinesis. As a daughter of the God of Light, Phoebe has the exceedingly rare ability to produce light. This includes full-body radiation, emission from the hands as a glow or light wave, shooting as beams, and the creation of fist-sized light bulbs. The most impressive thing she can do with her photokinesis is create a blast of light like a mini-supernova, but doing so is her final and strongest attack which will cause her to pass out for a good amount of time. She can use both powers several times a day in moderation. The amount she can use them depends on how big the attempts at power are. She can make her hands glow and heal small cuts numerous times throughout the day, but if she shoots beams of light from her hands in a fight, she will probably be unable to do much more for the rest of the day. She also has the ability to know when somebody is lying.

Life Before CHB*: Like most demigods, Phoebe had a pretty hectic childhood. Her mother Judith knew that Phoebe's father was Apollo. When he warned her that the older Phoebe got, the more danger she would be in, Judith heeded his warning and decided that they could never stay in one place for too long. She quit her job, bought an RV, and took up a career as an online business consultant. From then on, Judith home-schooled Phoebe and the two of them traveled incessantly. This saved Phoebe for years from being caught by numerous monsters. On the day of her thirteenth birthday, her mother revealed to her that her father was Apollo. Coincidentally (or maybe the Fates just planned it like this for their own personal amusement), Phoebe was attacked by a monster for the first time that day while she was alone. By chance, she discovered that the necklace her mother had given to her on her tenth birthday was a weapon which saved her life. While running away, she was located by a satyr who took her to the demigod safe haven of Camp Half-Blood.

RP Example*: My hands stung. Taking a fall to the pavement while running away from a bloodthirsty vampire chick does that to you. Behind me, i heard a screech. "You will not escape me, daughter of Apollo!" shrieked a voice behind me. I scrambled up to my feet, scraping my knees in the process. Great, I thought. As if it wasn't bad enough that my hands were already cut. I glanced down at my hands which seemed to have stopped aching. I blinked. There were no scrapes on either of my hands. Another screech broke me out of my confused daze. I looked up and saw that the freakish vampire lady with mismatched legs was only twenty feet away. She grinned maliciously as if to say, You're mine. Instinctively, my hand flew to my necklace. Whenever I'm nervous or worried, I finger the charms on my necklace. I guess at the moment, in the face of death, I was pretty nervous and worried. Something snapped between my fingers. I opened my palm and saw that I'd broken off the little sword charm. The crazed vampire chick lunged at me, fangs glinting in the sunlight in an evil grimace. This is the end, I told myself. Without warning, the sword charm enlarged in my hand until I was holding a life-sized version. Without thinking, I raised the sword to protect myself. There was a jarring thud and sudden silence. Protruding from the evil vampire lady's torso was my sword. Shocked, I looked up into her face. Her clawed hands were inches from ripping apart my neck and her eyes were wide. I don't know who was more stunned that I'd stabbed her: me or her. With an airy poof, the crazy vampire lady dissolved into gold powder. I stared astonished at the sword in my right hand. Wide-eyed, I experimentally lifted it to my necklace and it shrunk and reattached itself to the chain. I backed away from the pile of golden dust and without looking back, I turned and fled the scene.

Any notes about your characters: She speaks Spanish because her mother is Puerto Rican. As is to be expected, she has ADHD. However, because Phoebe lived her entire life in a traveling RV, the only things she could really do were read and learn. This resulted in the surmounting of her dyslexia, the learning of six instruments, and the acquiring of French as a tertiary language.

Last edited by Phoebe Arquera on 6/24/2012, 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Phoebe Arquera's characters Empty Re: Phoebe Arquera's characters

Post by Kendall 6/24/2012, 6:18 pm

Worst wound she can heal? Most powerful thing she can do with light? How many times a day can she use either power?

How large is her griffin?

Add another flaw.
    Phoebe Arquera
    Phoebe Arquera

Female

Post by Phoebe Arquera 6/24/2012, 6:44 pm

I edited the post. I answered the questions about the extents of her powers and also tacked on another rather minor one. I also added another flaw and referenced a Clydesdale horse to indicate Oro's size. If there's anything else, I'd be happy to make more edits. :)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/24/2012, 6:56 pm

You need specific sizes for the largest cuts and gashes she can heal, as well as a specific number of times per day for both powers. I don't think we'd allow the blast of light, either, but it depends on how much damage it can cause. How long can she make herself glow, and how long do the light bulbs last at most?
    Phoebe Arquera
    Phoebe Arquera

Female

Post by Phoebe Arquera 6/24/2012, 7:14 pm

The largest wound she can heal is a cut the length of a pencil and the width of a quarter. Nothing larger than that should be attempted. She can only heal something that's her limit once a day whereas she can heal five small cuts, scrapes, or bruises three times a day at rather wide intervals. Her own small cuts, scrapes, and bruises heal automatically but they deduce from her five shots three times a day. The blast of light actually doesn't cause any damage. It is just a very large blast that can temporarily cause enemies blindness because it's so bright. The best it can do is destroy enemies made of darkness or evil. It wouldn't physically hurt people or monsters made of flesh. She can make her entire body glow for three minutes, although going on that long will cause her to pass out. She can make just one hand glow for ten minutes but this will also severely drain her of energy. The light bulbs last as long as Phoebe is in a thirty-foot radius of them. After she moves farther away, they disappear.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/24/2012, 7:35 pm

When you mean pencil, I presume you mean an unsharpened one straight from the box? Up to how far can her blast of light reach, and how far do her beams of light go? Her light bulbs still need a time limit, and you still haven't given me a number of times she can use the light power per day.
    Phoebe Arquera
    Phoebe Arquera

Female

Post by Phoebe Arquera 6/24/2012, 7:41 pm

Scratch the pencil thing. I'll say eight inches. The blast of light will reach a radius of thirty feet and her bulbs can only last for five minutes. She can use her photokinesis powers four times a day.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/24/2012, 7:43 pm

8 inches long is a lot longer than we usually let people heal... Our limit's normally 5 inches long.

Kendall wrote: how far do her beams of light go?
    Phoebe Arquera
    Phoebe Arquera

Female

Post by Phoebe Arquera 6/24/2012, 7:46 pm

All right, five inches sounds just fine. Her beams of light can only reach up to five feet.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/24/2012, 9:11 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content