A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+7
Oli_Paxton
Break
Doug The Turtle
Morgan Landry
Komaeda
Bucky Barnes
Jules
11 posters

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN] - Page 4 Empty Re: Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Post by Guest 6/4/2013, 2:08 am

Chase squinted in the low, flickering light and into the darkness. Half of him was hoping to see if he could catch a glimpse of whatever it was. The other half of him wanted to run away, screaming at a high pitch like an Aphrodite girl. But he stood his ground and stared intently into the bushes. He held out the make-shift torch in his hand to possibly make it easier to see.

As Chase squinted again, suddenly something shuffled around again. It made a low noise, like something the annoying kid in your science class would make: something weird and eerie and completely, utterly odd.

It shuffled again, and stepped out. It blinked again.

A griffin.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN] - Page 4 Empty Re: Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Post by Nemesis 6/4/2013, 9:31 am

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili gasped lightly when she saw the lion/eagle hybrid step into view, a deadly combination if put together. The lion would be for land melee attacks no doubt, and the eagle parts would be for aerial combat and escapes. Kaili had never seen an actual griffon, but she would not let it be her predator, but her prey like any other animal. Kail set her torch down on a big patch of dirt so the fire wouldn't spread and create a forest fire, she had enough bad publicity as it was, she doesn't need to be known as the girl who set the forest on fire. Kaili drew her bow in an eye slowed fluid motion, her instincts kicking in as time slowed. she knocked and arrow as fast as she drew the boy and took aim, wanting to pierce the thing through the throat so it could die choking on its own blood, since it wouldn't explode because her weapons weren't celestial bronze.

Kaili looked to chase , pondering if she would have to protect her newly considered friend from this deadly hybrid of a beast. It wasn't very difficult to tell he wouldn't be joining in on the fight as effectively, not with that wound to what Kaili guessed was his good hand. Kaili felt bad that her instincts had told her to attack the boy whom she thought was game now. Kaili decided instantly that she would stand in front of chase, so she shifted to where he was behind her.

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2969
    Registration date : 2011-07-25

Post by BlackHawk 6/4/2013, 3:56 pm

The little dryad points behind me, partly in shock, partly in fear. I slowly turn around and see a huge, dark shadow. My eyes widen and realize it's a hydra. I see one of it's head go back into a striking pose. I jump and roll out of the way as it's poison hits the ground where I was once standing. I lean my back against the tree and breathe as quietly as possible. I hear a symphony of hisses as the hydra gets ready to strike again. I run to the next nearest tree as half of the tree I was just standing behind dissolves. "crap! think Jackson, think!" I whisper, quite loudly. "Hey guys, a little help over here." I yell, hoping the boy and girl could hear me and would come running.

Post by Guest 6/6/2013, 2:28 am

Ooc: Jackson ran a half a mile away. It would still be hard to hear him if he screamed at the top of his lungs. It wouldnt be unnoticeable, maybe, but it'd be not quite so clear. If he merely called out loudly, that just wont happen. O.o Better get your char out of there becuase if you don't he'll most likely die in a one on one with a hydra.

Bic: Chase watched the majestic animal in fear. It was beautiful, but deadly. Not to mention the fact that he felt handicapped. Well, he basically was handicapped. Without his good hand, he was basically useless. Suddenly he felt like a complete fool for never practicing fighting with his non-dominant hand.

He glanced at Kaili. He didn't want her to be the hero. Not that he did, either, but he'd prefer to not be a mere stand-by. If they fought together that'd be great, because neither one nor the other would be forced to be heroes. Though technically they would, becuase they both would. As a team it'd be more on exual standards, was what he was trying to think. He shook his head. Stupid ADHD was acting up. Probably because of the adrenaline from the griffin.

Chase met her gaze when she looked back at him, and then suddenly, as she stepped in front of him as if protecting him, he opened his mouth to argue. But after a moment he closed it again with a disgruntled expression. Its not as if he had the ability to protect himself anyway.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/6/2013, 4:25 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili waited for the right moment for the beast to lunge, which would increase the damage of the arrows if it pierced the beast. she released the arrow and watched it fly at the beast with even greater speed, it could most likely catch the beast if it ran away. Kaili watched the arrow fly past the beast with a look of disbelief, the beast had flown out of the direction of the arrow at the last moment and tackle Kaili, her bow clattering to the ground as she was tackled by the beast, it's talons gripping her arms as it pinned her to the ground and was ready to start ripping her to shreds.

Kaili struggled under the strength of the beast, she had failed and had a deep burn of embarrassment in her chest, that was the first time she had seen a monster, let alone man eating hybrid dodge her arrows as quick as that. She should have known these things weren't just fast, but instinctive with demigods as well. Kaili grunted as the hybrid's claws started to sink into the flesh of her arms as its beak neared her neck, ready to take its kill and meal. Kaili closed her eyes and turned her head, no longer struggling under the strength of the beast anymore, hoping the death would be quick and painless.

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Post by Oli_Paxton 6/7/2013, 1:25 am

Oli leaves
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 6/7/2013, 9:50 pm

With a sudden realization that no one would help me, fear spreads through my body like a wildfire in a dry forest. I wait for the exact moment when the hydra spits it's poison towards me again and take off running. I hear the hydra spit twice more and one lands right next to me. I turn around and immediately regret it. The Hydra had started moving towards me and was less than 100 yards away.

I trip and fall and close my eyes. I feel the hydra coming closer. "I can't die today" I say as adrenaline pumps through me. I stand up and sprint back towards the camp of the girl. I hear something and turn a little to the left and burst into the camp. I stop dead in my tracks as I saw the griffin. I noticed it was on top of the girl, ready for the kill. 'They probably don't want another monster to deal with' I think. Soon after that thought I hear a twig snap and turn around. The Hydra is standing less than a stone's throw away "SON OF A BISCUIT!!" I yell as loud as possible "Leave me alone for pete sake!" I take off away from the camp, hoping to draw the hydra away from them. Unfortunately, the hydra has more appealing tastes in the others. I turn back and run towards the hydra. I jump and attempt to stab it through it's back. At the last minute, the hydra snaps one of it's heads towards me and flings me ten feet in the air and twenty feet away. I land against the trunk of a tree and pass out

Post by Guest 6/8/2013, 10:10 pm

Chase tensed when he saw that Kaili had been pinned by the griffin. Normally he would've lunged in with his sword ready, but this time.... This time he hesitated. He stood there, all muscles tensed, yet frozen. He didn't know what to do. For the first time in years, he was rendered immobile by fear. He was afraid that he'd mess up, because of his hand. In all selfish modesty, he was afraid that the monster would turn on him. And probably succeed in killing him. He couldn't hold his sword. His hand was basically useless, and therefore so was he.

This moment was, in a sense, much like his nightmares— much like his past. And it scared him.

Ooc: my mom called when i was in the middle of writing this. And this is very bad and kept frying my brain because it was hard putting this into words. For some reason.

Last edited by luckistarz on 6/12/2013, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Post by Break 6/12/2013, 12:19 pm

I left

OCC: not much to say
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/12/2013, 10:01 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili started to sob quietly under the cruel mercy of this beast, she was going to die and the boy couldn't save her and she wasn't strong enough physically to save herself. A tear had managed to escape Kaili's eye as the beast dug it's talons into her arms and legs and it inched its head down slowly, opening its beak and ready to take the first bite out of its meal. Kaili watched pitifully as the beast was about to rip her throat out but then it stopped, staring up at the boy as if the boy was going to do something. It could tell the boy was fear struck as it had probably claimed many lives of demigods in this forest. The griffon then looked down at its meal and then it slowly opened its beak rather wide and leaned its head so it could take the first bite that would most likely end it all.

Kaili gulped and closed her eyes, humming something under her breathe. It was a soft melody she used to calm herself down at times, the lullaby her father use to sing to her every night before she went to bed. The humming became a low voiced singing, barely audible to make out as the tear that escaped her eye made its way down her cheek. When the griffon was less than an inch away from her neck, she stopped singing and prepared for death to set in as the griffon ate her alive as Chase would watch, the only thought coursing through her mind was that she would see her father again, the only thing that cheered her mood about knowing she wast about to die. It wouldn't be entirely bad as long as she had her father, the only person she truly loved and trusted out of all.

Post by Guest 6/12/2013, 10:32 pm

Ooc: now its getting cheesy lol

Chase watched, horrified. He was such an idiot. He couldn't move. This random girl was going to die, and it was going to be his fault.

The stupid ugly Griffin had her captive and she seemed to not have the ability to move a muscle. It was as if he was under its claws as well.

Suddenly realization dawned on him. See, unlike Kaili, he wasn't held captive. He as still able to do something about something, even if the odds were slim, or if his hand was bitten. There was something he remembered someone had said. About how a demigod is able to fight, or attack anything, so long as they were brave enough. Was he?

Chase narrowed his eyes at the beast. At this point, if he did absolutely nothing, they would both die, but if he at least tried, he could have some chance of winning.

Chase, in a rush of adrenaline, yelled as loud as he could and ran straight at the Griffin, hitting it hard in the side with his shoulder/head. He felt it be pushed sideways quite roughly, and could hear a loud sickening crack!

The beast snarled at him, losing its balance and tripping over its own feet.

Chase glanced at Kaili still laying on the ground, his eyes large and wild. He noticed her tear-streaked, fearful face and asked quickly(and almost harshly,) "are you okay?"
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/12/2013, 10:45 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili opened her eyes slowly feeling the talons had retracted from her arms and leg, and the beast was pushed off of her. She gasped as she realized she wasn't dead, still trying to register what had happened just now. She looked up to Chase and nodded her head yes. She couldn't stay down for long, the beast would stand up in a second for round 2. This time, Chase probably wouldn't be able to help and Kaili and him would become food. Kaili  slowly started to try and stand, loosing balance as she leaned against a tree, she noticed there where three puncture marks below her knee cap, from when the griffon had pinned her to the ground. That Hybrid was a deadly combination, from the king of the jungle to the American symbol, two predators combined into a fatal hunter.

Kaili winced at the unease she felt, it was an alien feeling to her, being off her game as she was now, too pained to think straight. Kaili reached for her bow but by the time she grasped it, the griffon had recovered from its previous attack and pounced at Chase to retaliate. Kaili grabbed an arrow from her quiver and tried to notch it to her bow string, struggling as her eye sight and instincts where blurred and impaired. She would be the one to save Chase this time, she couldn't let there be a debt between them or else she would have to chew on her pride to repay it. She didn't even know Chase all that well yet, so that would make it that much more unpleasant and objectionable, for her that is.

Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Post by Jules 6/14/2013, 4:06 pm

Socks shook his head, coming out of his reverie only to see complete pandemonium. Shaking his head in disgust, he straightened his shirt and looked around for Cheshire. "Theres really no point in staying here anymore", he muttered to himself disgruntledly as his cat walked up and cosied up to his leg. Socks spared the gathered crowd one last look of disgust before leaving the scene, thinking about how he'd have to find a new spot where he could be alone with his thoughts.
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 6/15/2013, 8:47 pm

I suddenly wake up and hop up. I take off through the woods trying to get as much distance between me and the damned hydra. I begin to heavily breath after about 35 minutes. I take a break and decide that I had run far enough. I take a break and put my hands behind my head. I take off again and head for the beach.

Last edited by Master George on 7/27/2013, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/15/2013, 8:50 pm

ooc: question, how do you expect them to kill the hydra?, they aren't prepared.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 6/18/2013, 1:16 pm

Yawning to herself, Meagan walked through the slightly dark, almost cheery forest, whistling softly to herself in the semi-quiet environment. It was a pleasant day, as always in camp, and she felt for the first time a bit interested in what was happening in it -- she guessed it was because she was going to befriend somebody for the first time in this mess of a camp without forcing herself headfirst into the situation. Rai seemed like a decent enough guy, although Meagan had a sneaking suspicion he had glanced at her chest once or twice during their conversation. She dismissed it as her imagination, however, glancing around the forest as she continued on her leisurely stroll -- no need for negative thinking now.

After a few more minutes of walking, however, she heard something extremely out of place: odd, loud, almost screechy breathing, that sounded almost familiar -- a monster's. She stopped suddenly and glanced around her, trying to figure out where it was coming from -- right, left, behind, forward.... She decided it was forward and thus hurried forth in that direction, getting a sudden feeling of foreboding as she went forward and approached the scene.

Annddd... there it was. She burst through a clump of bushes and found herself staring at a scene of utter chaos: a griffin attacking two or three beaten up campers, with one girl trying to notch an arrow to fire at it. Meagan stood there just watching for a moment, wondering what to do; the last time she'd been confronted with a griffin, she'd gotten a bit beat up herself.

Deciding to leave the kids be and maybe call for help somewhere else, Meagan ran off.

ooc: Since Eric asked me to post here, I did... and is the hydra scene away from the griffin scene, or are they just all together in one place?

Edit (7/19/13): She's leaving now, this is taking a long time.

Last edited by Kendall on 7/19/2013, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 10/19/2013, 11:44 am

ooc: Epilogue- Kaili and chase had defeated the griffin that had attacked them, found the logs to make the fire grow stronger, and forged a new friendship that night. Kaili was happy to find a new friend and Chase understood Kaili because she explained her back story to him at the campsite. When the night was over they parted ways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:30 am