A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Practice makes perfect

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Practice makes perfect Empty Practice makes perfect

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/25/2013, 7:57 pm

Jadyn was sitting on a wooden bench, holding a slim book in her hands. She was facing the sword fighters, but had gotten uninterested quickly. She was reading her favorite short story- All Summer in a Day. She loved this story, mainly because of the emotions she got out of it every single time she read it.

She was wearing a grayish-blue tank top, and a blue plaid button down shirt that wasn't buttoned. She wore shorts that stopped a little higher than mid- thigh, and her red converse shoes that she loved so dearly. Her white hair was up in a messy ponytail, and her hipster- looking reading glasses were taking up most of her face, but she really didn't care because she was so absorbed in the story.

She kept reading her favorite paragraph over and over, loving the detail: "Margot stood alone. She was a very frail girl who looked as if she had been lost in the rain for years and the rain had washed out the blue from her eyes and the red from her mouth and the yellow from her hair. She was an old photograph dusted away from an album, whitened away, and if she spoke at all her voice would be a ghost. Now she stood, separate, staring at the rain and the loud wet world beyond the huge glass." Jadyn loved it so much, because she felt like she could relate to Ray Bradbury's character. She sighed, and read the beautiful paragraph over again.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Practice makes perfect Empty Re: Practice makes perfect

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/25/2013, 8:34 pm

Adam walked over to the arena. He took out his ruler, sorry, spear, and threw it at the nearest dummy. It made that terrifying whipping sound that you dont want to hear when something is heading toward you as it flew. He hit the dummy in the chest with perfect aim. He smiled in triumph, rather proud that he had hit it so perfectly.

Adam looked over at the other kids practicing. They were all wearing armor that fit perfectly. Adam wasn't even wearing armor. They wore Camp Half Blood tee-shirts that were not faded and jeans that fit. Adams tee shirt was barely decipherable and only slightly tattered. His jeans fit... pretty much like normal jeans would. His hair was sticking up in all directions, messy as usual.

He smiled to himself, then looked over at the usually vacant bench. His smile grew when he saw a very familiar girl reading on the bench. He walked over toward her. Adam saw her stare at the same page for about a minute, and remembered when they first met. He had read the last page of a children's book over and over. He smiled at the thought. "Good book?" He asked, sitting next to her.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/25/2013, 8:46 pm

Jadyn looked up in alarm, her eyes wide. She was so absorbed that she hadn't even heard the boy walk over; which was a first for Jadyn. She was usually very good at noticing people or hearing things from afar. When she saw who it was, she smiled and sighed, looking down at the book. The cover was a window with purple panels, except for one that was yellow and had a person's hand touching it. "Adam," she breathed. "You scared me." She nodded at his question, and held the book up so he could see it. "Yeah," she said. "My favorite, in fact. But don't expect to find me reading anything else, because it's not going to happen." She smiled, and took off her glasses, hanging them on her tank top.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/26/2013, 7:59 pm

Adam kind of frowned at the 'Not going to read anything else' thing, but he got over it. Not everyone could be a nerdy kid of Athena, Right? He smiled again when she did. Seeing other people happy tended to make him happy. Unless, of course, the happy person was trying to kill him. In which case Adam would have to make the happy person very unhappy... or dead. Sad thought really. "Good to see you." He said, nodding his head slightly to her. He turned his thoughts back to to book. He had, surprisingly, never read it. He would have to some day, but not right now. There was a war coming, after all. Stupid thought. A few weeks ago he was kissing girls and reading children's books by a creek, and now he was worried about an upcoming war? I really need to get my priorities straight..., he thought, tapping the butt of his spear on the ground. It shrank into a ruler once again.

((OOC: this post is kind of a lot of useless crap... so just bear with me here...))
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/26/2013, 8:15 pm

Jadyn nodded. "Good to see you, as well." A female ghost wearing a short white dress sat down on the other side of Jadyn, but she just pushed the spirit off without even looking at it. She got some weird looks; to people who couldn't see the supernatural world that she could see, it must've looked like she was shoving the air. Once she got told to stop talking to her 'imaginary friends' and grow up. Looking around, she realized something. Adam had just come from the training field in front of her... "You've been practicing more often, haven't you?" She said accusingly. "I mean, no ones head is on the ground..." She smirked at him.

OOC: don't worry about it :)
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/26/2013, 8:30 pm

Adam could feel himself getting hotter. "Yes, I've been practicing more. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but there have been signs of war all over the place." Adam had been practicing more. He practically lived at the arena now, his aim was near perfect, the only thing he needed to work on was close combat with swords or knives. "Does that bother you?" He asked, his head shot up from the but he was looking at on the ground. For some reason, he got defensive. Most likely the odd loss of sleep. He cleared his throat. "sorry" he muttered, returning his stare to the bug.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/26/2013, 8:40 pm

Jadyn could tell she crossed the line, but didn't want to show it. So instead, ignoring his apology, all she did was say "Nope," making a popping sound with the 'p'. She put her head down when she realized what he had said. "I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but there are signs of war all over the place." She had noticed. But for some people, this would only be the first or second one they've been in. But for her, it would be her thousandth. Spending time with spirits who had died in every war you could think of didn't exactly mean that she never heard about them. It was all she heard. She closed her eyes, and rubbed her Grandfather's dog tags that were always hanging around her neck. She did everything she could to try to not think about the gruesome stories the old ghosts told.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/29/2013, 4:28 pm

Adam knew most people in the camp knew there was a war coming a little too soon. He really didn't know what else to do. He had to train, he had to plan, he had to think. there was no time for going around with his girlfriend, although, he was fairly sure he could make it. "How about you, have you been practicing any?" he asked, tilting his head and ignoring the odd look she was giving to the ground like it had offended her.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/29/2013, 4:45 pm

Jadyn nodded, and turned her head to look up at Adam. "Of course," She said. "Aren't we all?" She wasn't lying; she had been spending hours training with her sword and knives. She was getting pretty good at it, too. Of course, a lot of her new wisdom came from the annoying ghosts surrounding her wherever she went. She never really understood why they did follow her, a parade of death trailing behind her.... she realized after her moment that not only were they invading her space, but the were invading her thoughts as well. She took her book, and set it on the open spot of the bench beside her.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 9/30/2013, 6:18 pm

Adam nodded. Everyone in the camp was training. He looked over at the arena. There were kids of all ages fighting each other. There was a small kid of either Demeter or Dionysus, because they were wrapping dummies at random in tangles of green vine. Adam made a mental note of that kids face so he could remember never to cross him when the kid got older. "I guess that's hod its gonna be now. Everyone training, not much time for fun." Adam smiled, he laughed a little. His eyes fell from the boy and rested on hers. Right now he wished they were alone and there was not a war coming. But wouldn't that be an abnormal life for a demigod.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/30/2013, 9:16 pm

Jadyn smiled lightly, and took Adam's hand into her lap. She began to trace the back of his hand with her fingertips; imaginary patterns penciling it. "Are you scared?" She asked, looking down at her fingers trailing across his skin.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/1/2013, 7:50 pm

Adam swallowed hard. "Who isn't?" He asked as she took his hand. He smiled a little, she was tracing the back of his hand and it tickled a little. He liked the feeling. "It would be inhuman if we weren't, although noting that we are up against is actually human." Adam thought aloud. He smiled over at her.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/1/2013, 8:35 pm

Jadyn smiled back at him. "Das einzige, was wir zu furchten haben, ist die Furcht selbst." She said it in her first language, quoting a famous line about fear from President Franklin Roosevelt's first inauguration speech. Then she thought for a minute, and asked: "Do you think that- that whoever we're going to be at war with is scared of us, too?" Her thumb moved over Adam's knuckles.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/1/2013, 10:26 pm

"Very true, my dear." He said, nodding his head. He smiled at her slip of language. He found it rather cute that she didn't speak English all the time. Although, that was probably only because he sort of knew German. He put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. He thought about her last question for a second. "Hell, I seriously doubt it. I bet they look at us and think 'oh, look, appetizers!' before marching up to Olympus for dinner." Adam was trying to put a humerus light on a very depressing topic, and hoping it would work.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/2/2013, 7:36 am

She rested her head on his shoulder, and smiled at his comment. "I'm pretty sure demigods wouldn't taste that good," Jadyn said. "Especially immature ones such as us." She referred to the entire camp, and smiled kind of wickedly at the thought of big, ugly monsters making a disgusted face after eating all of the Half-Bloods.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/2/2013, 3:15 pm

"Maybe that should be our battle cry 'WE ALL TASTE DISGUSTING!!!'" Adam smirked, then continued, "Then maybe the'll back off. But we would have to put all the Aphrodite girls and Ares kids in the front. The Ares kids never shower and the Aphrodite girls but on boatloads of perfume.... literally, I've seen the delivery." Adam paused. "Not all of the girls wear it, of course. But they live in that cabin and the smell kind of faded onto them..." He smiled.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/2/2013, 4:00 pm

Jadyn laughed, lifting her head off of his shoulder to look him in the eyes. "I don't know why the camp doesn't listen the Athena cabin more," She said, shaking her head. "You guys are brilliant. I mean, the smell of the Ares cabin mixing with the smell of the Aphrodite kids- the enemy will back right off." She smirked at him.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/2/2013, 4:27 pm

"Brilliant?" Adam said, sitting up a little straighter. "I like that." He smiled brightly at her. "I'm not sure why they listen to the Ares kids over us. Athena is a war deity too. And she has the 'brilliant' children that we are." Adam flipped his hair out of his eyes. He swore that when it got long enough to put in a pony tail he would cut it down. Since then, It hasn't grown past his eyes or ears. "Ah, well. Dont let my brilliance bother you." He said, leaning in a kissing her. "And I will try not to be so amazing." He smiled down at her. Joking around seemed like the best thing to do at the time.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/2/2013, 5:09 pm

Jadyn smiled. "Don't do that; I like it when you're amazing." She kissed the tip of his nose, and leaned back against his arm. "And I'm not quite sure how having Brillanz is going to bother me." She had accidentally dropped a German word into the sentence. Oh, well, she thought.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/2/2013, 10:46 pm

"I like it when I'm amazing as well. I also like it when other people think I am amazing. Especially when that person is my girlfriend." Adam crinkled his nose as she kssed it, just out of reflex. He didn't often get kissed by girls on a bench in the middle of a bunch of fighting demigods.Yup, livin the life.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/2/2013, 11:08 pm

Jadyn smiled when Adam crinkled his nose. She couldn't tell if it was because it was funny that he would do that, or because he looked super cute when he did it. "Well, I'm happy I could help and encourage you." She smirked at him.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/4/2013, 3:10 pm

"I'm glad you could too. Nothing else could do that so well." Adam smiled and took her hand. He stared tracing Greek letters on it. Ο φόβος ελπίδα αγάπη, fear hope, and love. Or at least, he hoped thats what that said.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/4/2013, 4:05 pm

Jadyn's smirk turned into a smile as he took her hand. Any other person, and she would've broken their arm. But she let Adam take her hand. She assumed she could trust her boyfriend. "So, are your siblings going completely mental trying to make enough war plans for the upcoming events?" She asked, while he traced what she guessed to be Greek words onto her hand.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/5/2013, 6:45 pm

"Assuming they were sane before... Then yes, they are going mental." Adam was so tired of listening to his sibling freak out about the upcoming war. They were all wondering why he was not committing to the war as much as they were. The truth, he didn't really care. He knew any amount of planning wouldn't help then much, but he let them maintain their fantasy's.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/5/2013, 7:02 pm

Jadyn shrugged. "I'd rather my cabin go mental than do nothing at all." Her cabin seemed completely oblivious to the fact that a war against an unknown enemy was coming. At first, she was glad that her cabin wasn't going crazy, but after a few weeks, she got mad because they weren't doing anything. She sighed. Jadyn wondered if Adam would understand what she met if she explained that to him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 10:43 pm