A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Practice makes perfect

Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Practice makes perfect - Page 2 Empty Re: Practice makes perfect

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/5/2013, 8:01 pm

"Well, our cabins are different. My siblings think there is a war coming all the time. Remember when thse Hermes boys turned back the clock in the big house? My siblngs took that as 'Ahhhh, Kronos is coming back!!!!' And they say my siblings are smart." Adam laughed when thought about that time again. He also remembered the prank he panned to get back at them. Good times.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/5/2013, 9:23 pm

Jadyn laughed. This was one of the many times she wished she had siblings. She liked the look in Adam's eyes whenever he talked about them, like he was remembering something great. She guessed he was. Then something struck her. She didn't know why it bothered her so much- she didn't usually care about stuff like this so much. "Hey, Adam," she said. "Did you tell anyone in your cabin that your girlfriend is, um- the daughter of the queen of ghosts?" She knew of a lot of kids in the cabin she stayed in had broken up with their boyfriends or girlfriends because their siblings didn't agree.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/5/2013, 9:49 pm

Adam pursed his lips. The truth was, he hadn't told anyone. He said noting, but left the question hang. Then he thought about her cabin. About how much they disliked the Athena kids for unknown reasons. "What about your cabin-mates?" he asked, letting her hand go.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/5/2013, 10:06 pm

Jadyn took her freed hand and took her dog tags in it, rubbing them between two fingers. "They don't really care what I do, or who I see," She said, shrugging. It was the truth. She was an outsider; just another useless person taking up their ever-so valuable space. She looked up at Adam, even more worried. "Would your siblings be mad if they found out about me?" She hated rejection, even though she dealt with it every single day.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/5/2013, 10:11 pm

"It... it would depend on who I told. Annabeth wouldn't mind. And some of the other girls probably not. But... I'm just not ready to march into my cabin of sleep-deprived children of the war goddess and say 'Hey, I have a girlfriend!' It wouldn't matter who she was... they would all kill me, twice."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/5/2013, 10:29 pm

Jadyn laughed. "That wouldn't be significant of you." She shook her head. "Your cabin would be the second to last cabin who I'd want disturb before they've had their beauty rest." She smirked, and turned her head up to look at Adam. "The first one is the Ares cabin."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/6/2013, 12:18 am

"Ha, I would march right on in to that cabin yelling 'Man you all ugly!'" Adam laughed and thought for a moment, "If I were suffering from temporary mental issues... or drunk." he added.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/6/2013, 12:34 am

Jadyn laughed, and playfully rolled her eyes. "And then I would have to explain to my cabin-mates that I'm being haunted by my idiotic dead boyfriend who died because his urge to piss off the Ares kids was just too strong." She laughed again. That's when she realized there was another thing she liked about Adam- that he was one of the people on a very short list that was able to make her laugh.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/6/2013, 6:46 pm

"That's something you're gonna have to work out after it happens. I might just find you in the after life. But I dont think I would have the nerve to do that, even when drunk or suffering severe head trauma. For one thing, it would hurt, and for another, I wouldn't be able to do this." He pulled her closer and kissed her, just to make a point that he was not stupid enough to insult the Ares kids and take the blame for it.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/6/2013, 7:27 pm

Jadyn's laughter was cut off when Adam kissed her, but she certainly didn't mind. After a moment, she gently pulled away.
    "I think you're always going to be able to do that, book boy." She smirked.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/6/2013, 9:18 pm

"Not when I'm dead." Adam smiled "Book boy?" He asked, laughing. "Is that my new nick name? Some girlfriends would call their boyfriends sweetie, or maybe dear. But no, I get the wonderful privilege of being book boy. I like that. I prefer book boy anyway. "
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/7/2013, 4:15 am

Jadyn shrugged. "It fits you," she said. "And all those girls who call their boyfriends honey or sweetie or dear just aren't that creative." She smiled. "And you're right," she added. "It is a 'wonderful privilege'." Out of the corner of her eye she watched a short fight between two buff campers break out.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/10/2013, 3:55 pm

Adam chewed on his lip. He watched as a fight broke out between two burly campers. He snorted as the brown haired guy punched the other one in the face, then the blonde one tacked brown hair to the ground. "Interesting, that doesn't seem like a training fight..." Adam wondered why they were fighting.

((Sorry it took me so long to post :/ ))
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/10/2013, 4:43 pm

Jadyn laughed as the brunette flipped the blonde hair guy off of him. "They're just idiots." She watched as some of the kids who had circled around the fight tried to restrain both of the boys. She turned to Adam. "Do a lot of fights break out in your cabin?"
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/10/2013, 5:02 pm

"More like verbal fights. Tests of intelligence. Only occasinally do physical fights break out, and then mother gets mad at us because 'A house divided shall not stand'." Adam smiled over at her. The blonde kid drew his sword. "Oh, boy." Adam said, rising from the bench. "This cant end well." Adam walked over to the fight and the children watching. He was a good foot and a half taller than most of them, but still shorter than blondie and brunette. Adam stood there for a second, watching the two as they just stared at each other. Then a little kid stumbled into blondie. One of the kids in the front, probably the one that pushed him, snickered to themselves. Blondie raised his fist to hit the kid, but Adam acted fast. He pushed through the crowd and jumped over the last row of kids. He caught blondie's blow mid-punch and pulled down with all his strength. He somehow managed to bring blondie to the ground and push the kid into safety. Blondie rose, but Adam pulled out his ruled, hitting the end to his hip. His ruler grew to a full sized spear. "Now now, we dont hit children." Adam gave him an insane taunting smile that his enemy's really dont want to see before walked back through a parted crowd to his seat.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/10/2013, 5:31 pm

Jadyn raised her eyebrows. "Holy crap," she said in a sort of- kind of whisper. "You have been practicing." When the blond guy looked over at Adam, Jadyn gave her best glare, forcing the boy to look away. Then she changed her expression again, shifting in her seat to look directly at her boyfriend. "I've never seen you like that." When she first met Adam, it was at a creek, where he had been reading peacefully. Since then, she saw him as a peaceful kid. Well, used to. Of course, she didn't care if he was a little violent. They were demigods. 'Violent' was a one word summary for them.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/10/2013, 7:34 pm

Adam smiled. "That kid was from my cabin, the little one. He is about 6, one of the youngest. He has no defensive skills, but he his amazingly intelligent. There is still no way he could have stood up to Sir Blondie Pants in such a surprising note. I had to step in." Adam said it so casually, walked back so calmly, and smiled back at the kid so evilly that any smart enemy (to an extant) would have backed down in an instant. But usually they aren't the exact definition of 'smart'.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/10/2013, 7:55 pm

"Well," Jadyn said casually. "'Sir Blondie Pants' didn't see that coming." She smiled lopsidedly at him; she was grateful that he did something when nobody else did. She definitely didn't want to watch a little kid get beaten up by some punk. Jadyn leaned over and kissed him on his cheek, a silent 'thank you.'
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/11/2013, 10:00 pm

"Yeah, well. Most of the time when a scrawny kid like me walks up to someone like that, they are expected to do some amazing jokes and crap to make the guy feel inferior. Nope, not me. I just judo-flip the guy and be all awesome and such... lord, when did I get so cocky? Hit me next time I say something like that." He said, looking at his girlfriends eyes. They held silent thank-yous that did not want to be expressed out loud. His eyes sparkled no problem the thought calmly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/11/2013, 10:43 pm

Jadyn wore a thin smile, but held his gaze. "I wouldn't hit you," she said after a moment. "Even if you were being arrogant." She knew it was true; she wouldn't hurt anybody, especially not her boyfriend. Unless, of course, they were trying to hurt her; but that's a different point. And then she thought about what he said. Adam wasn't necessarily scrawny; his extra practice made sure of that. "Scrawny, huh?" She asked, shrugging. "Wasn't aware that you thought of yourself as 'scrawny'."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/12/2013, 12:23 am

Adam lookrd down. He had hard abbs and bicepts that could pass for 'runty ares kid', whis was a huge step up from just plain 'runty kid'. He thought back to the day he had first met Jadyn. He was not any scrawnier than he was now. "Not anymore... before the prophecy of the seven."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/12/2013, 11:21 am

Jadyn nodded. "I guess the prophecy effects everyone in several different ways. Hopefully during the war, though, we'll add another victory-" she stopped, noticing that when she said victory, it sounded like 'wick-toe-ry'. Sometimes she really hated her German accent. "I mean victory- gah!" She again made that simple word sound ridiculous.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/12/2013, 12:43 pm

Adam smiled. "Your accent is so freaking adorable." He muttered, catching her eyes. Adam never really had an accent, except when he first came here his voice was noticeably from New York. He had that country twang, his O's would stretch and have that 'ow' so is no's would sound like 'noiw'. He still had some of that, but usually kept away from the words ending in O.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 10/12/2013, 1:38 pm

Jadyn blushed, a light red tint very visible against her pale complexion. She had had her accent called many things, but never even close to adorable. She smiled lightly, holding Adam's gaze for a heartbeat, and then dropping it. She knew she was acting up over a little compliment, it's just- being an outsider, she never got compliments. "Thanks," she murmered, brushing some of her hair out of her face.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 10/12/2013, 1:50 pm

Adam saw the pinkish tint to her face. He put is forefinger under her chin and lifted her head so he could see her eyes. He leaned in and whispered in her ear, "You really are quite beautiful." His eyes sparkled playfully as he said it. As he leaned back to his seat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 9:51 pm