A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Keep holding on (fanfiction)

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female
    Number of posts : 593
    Registration date : 2013-09-06

Keep holding on (fanfiction) Empty Keep holding on (fanfiction)

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 9/29/2013, 12:37 am

Chapter One
                I couldn't help it. I didn't mean to and didn't want to, I just have bad luck. My bed was on fire and people were scurrying around trying to put it out. "You idiot" someone screamed and I blushed. "What's your name twerp?" another person asked "Winter" I mutter "well, Winter, you're in sooo much trouble, Leo's going to KILL you when he gets back" the girl said. "It was an accident, I was just trying to build and it exploded. I-I didn't know what to do and it was spreading" I stammered staring at my bed that was on fire. Whoops...
             My bed got saved but I was in the big house and in a load of trouble. "Winter Mason" Chiron walked inside. It felt like I was in the principal's office again. "Yeah, that's me" I mumble "well then, we need to talk" he says and herds me into his office. "Who's you're parent?" he asks "Hephestas" I keep it quiet and mumble "well the, Winter, how did you manage to set your bed on fire" he looks at me like I'm a kitten that just walked in his house and passed out. "Accidents happen" I sigh and he laughs "how did this accident happen?" "I was just building and my project exploded on my bed. I didn't know how to put it out so I jumped out of bed and watched everyone panic" to be honest it was funny. "Well, we don't know what to do with you. Your cabin mates say you set things on fire often and they are scared of you." Wow, rejected by my family, yay.
              For now I'll be sleeping in the big house. I'm nervous, I have no excuses, people will find out my secret. My secret which no one can know. This is bad. So so bad
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Keep holding on (fanfiction) Empty Re: Keep holding on (fanfiction)

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 10/23/2013, 8:11 pm

Chapter Two
    I'm looking around the small, cramped, dusty room and just wondering how the Hades did I end up her and holding back sobs. I was never wanted and totally alone. I have no friends and people just tend to hate me. I stand up and climb out the window. It's nice and safe out here. I climb on the roof and sigh. I start to get cold and decide to try something a little risky. I concentrate to light only my hand on fire. I don't see fire but I smell something burning. I look away from my hands and see my toes are on fire. "ACK" I scream. I successfully put out my flaming toes but unfortunately start sliding off the roof. why me I think harshly. I grab the roof but there was nothing to hold. Finally my sweaty palms are gripping the sill of my window. "Think" I grimace "what would Percy do" I repeat the phrase I've heard thousands of times in my short time at camp. "He would be awesome and probably call water to safely lower himself to the ground" I scold myself for hoping for a solution. "Hey" I hear a male voice call below "what are you doing"

I look down and just my luck, Percy Jackson is down below staring up at me with a playful smile on his face.
    "I have everything under control" I say
    " I noticed" He rolled his eyes at me and started waving his hands like waves and...
    " OH GODS" I scream and shut my eyes tight as a huge pipe of water grabs me and lowers me to the ground. I glare at Percy and he steps back. I'm soaked to the bone and freezing "I SAID I HAD IN UNDER CONTROL" I scream and smack him in the face. My finger tips start to smoke and then they turn into raging infernos. He looks scared but quickly recovers. Percy controls the water into small blobs and puts out the fire.
    "I'm so sorry" I start sobbing and making a complete fool of myself but Percy handles it well. He scoops me up and starts carrying me to who knows where. I don't know why but I feel as if Percy is my older brother or something. We just met and he was already being super nice. That would all change when he stays at camp a few days. We get to our destination soon and he carefully places me on the ground. I'm in sand so I guess we're on the beach. Percy Bends down and whispers in my ears.
    "I'll be right back" he sprints away and leaves me alone for a moment. I quickly panic and sit up immediately. That was the last thing my Mom said to me before the accident. My panic eases when I see two dark shapes heading towards me. One was obviously Percy and the other was a girl with blonde hair. Annabeth. I start to panic again. Their going to kick me out of camp. My home! The only place where I can stay.
    "This is the girl" Percy says.
    "Are you sure, she's a little young" Annabeth says questioningly but kneels next to me anyways "what's your name kid?"
    "Winter Mason" I say, expecting them to recoil or cringe at my name. They don't though. That makes me feel happier. I feel assured that they won't kick me out.
    "Well, Winter" Percy smiles "I want to say that you are a pretty amazing and bold demi-god" I freak out inside. This boy was already like family to me and Annabeth was growing on me.
    "Was the most amazing part when I punched you in the face" I challenge and tthey both laugh.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 10/23/2013, 9:45 pm

Chapter Three
    For days I've been accepted and no ones made fun of me for about an hour. A new record! I've been hanging out with Percy for a week. The first day a girl from my cabin came up and started screaming at me "Guess what I found today!" The girl, Mya, sneered "I found my project burnt to a crisp." I couldn't help but cower at her tone but Annabeth and Percy had my back "It wasn't her fault" Percy defended "She's just like every other demi-god here!" Annabeth backed him up. That was the last time anyone was ever rude to me. This takes a lot of work though. No one ever talked to me before Annabeth and Percy and now I have to think of words to say and when to say them. I have to laugh at funny things and frown on bad things. It's really confusing for a girl who's always been an outcast. Sometimes when I get lost in my thoughts Percy and Annabeth get worried and have to sort of wake me up. One day we were all sitting on the beach, laughing when Percy hit a sore subject.
    "So, are you a year rounder or do you go home to your mom after Summer is over?" he says it with so much innocence that I don't blame him but also don't answer.
    "Let's go swimming" I avoid his question and Percy tries to object but Annabeth smacks his shoulder and he finally seems to understand.
    "Yeah, let's jump in the water" she agrees. Then the lake broke open and a girl with pure white eyes walks out. She looks exactly like my Mom.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 10/25/2013, 5:27 pm

Chapter 3

I started freaking out. I pulled my dagger out if my bag and chucked it at the women but she deflected it easily. I pulled my sword and charged her. I was almost sobbing and felt enraged. She somehow stopped me in in mid-charge. I screamed and tried hard to keep going. It took all my will power. I finally gave up and sat on the ground with tears streaking down my face. I look back and see Percy trying to reach me but he looks like he's in a box. It's just me and my duplicate mom.

"Child" Dupli-mom said with a chilling voice "I'm here to help you"

"Go away" I spat "I don't need help"

"Winter" she scolded and I looked up at her to see if maybe this women was my mom. She wasn't. "You do need help. Your friends are in danger" this definitely got my attention.

"Percy and Annabeth?" I asked. I look at her but she was gone.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 10/29/2013, 10:28 pm

Chapter 4

I was exhausted and just wanted to disappear. It appears that somehow everyone was informed of my little incident at the lake. Percy and Annabeth have protected me every time someone said something about my mom. One day a girl named Ella Taylor came up to me and sneered "Did you see your mommy? Are you going to cry?" She snickered. "Back off, Olivia" Annabeth retorted. "Annabeth, it's okay." I sighed. She looked hurt and I felt bad but it wasn't all my fault. Olivia smirked and crossed her arms "aww! Is the little twerp going to runaway?" This was the last straw. I flung my self at her. We found ourselves on the ground with my dagger press against her neck. "Do I look so helpless now, Olivia" I seethed "Do I look like I need my mommy now, Olivia?" "Winter." Percy tried to pull me off but I had so much anger "Winter, your smoking, let's go." He said more harshly this time. I realized that my feet were starting to catch fire. I got off Olivia. "Freak!" She shrieked and ran away to gossip about how reckless and rude I was. I sighed. "Am I ever going to catch a break?" I look at Percy and he smiled. We walked off to dinner.

After dinner we sat at the campfire. Everyone avoided me and crowded around Olivia. "I swear, she completely attacked me. She was like a bear with rabies" she said in a shrill voice "and then she pulled out her dagger and began to threaten me! She's insane! She almost caught fire! I didn't do anything all I did was wave and ask if she missed her mom!" After that the fire was low and a dark yellow, like it was waiting for me to attack her. After that everyone started to skirt around me. Percy and Annabeth were hand in hand and making there way over here. Olivia was still going. "Percy and Annabeth had to drag her off me. They probably needed to, like, put her to sleep or something!" I rolled my eyes.

"Did you hear?" I ask, my voice cold and hard "I'm a crazy bear person with rabies" I laughed.

"Oh, that's not what I heard!" Annabeth smiled "Apparently you pushed us away and turned into a crazy flaming monkey!"

"That's not what she told me!" Percy had to paused because he was laughing so hard "You froze us with a 'death stare' and slowly attacked Olivia the started to set fire to camp. It only stopped when she tackled you and ran away" we wear all roaring with laughter. "Apparently all she did was say hello and smile" Percy added.

"Oh right. I just randomly attacked her!" I giggled "I spend all my free time planning to attack helpless girls with no idea how to fight." I laughed. Percy, Annabeth, and I were still laughing but apparently I had said that a little too loud. Olivia glared at me.

"I know how to fight!" She shrieked "I can fight way better than a jerk like you!" This made me laugh and she looked surprised. Percy and Annabeth were laughing too.

"Okay, okay. I'm a jerk, right?" I yelled "I'm the one who pushed everyone around, told them they were stupid, and then made fun of them because of something that happened to them? I was the one who mocked you and told you you weren't good enough? I was the one that spread fake rumors all around camp THEN tell everyone that I did nothing to provoke you? That's funny! I remeber all of that happening to me!" I was going insane. I jut knew it. Suddenly Chiron came out and looked at everyone avoiding me pointedly.

"Is this true?" He asked the campers "Then I am very disappointed." He had made his point. It had affected everyone. I knew it had made such an impact on everyone.

"So I'm the jerk" I said in a cold voice "after all that I told you, am I still the jerk here?" I turned and fled with Percy and Annabeth behind me. We left everyone speechless.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 10/30/2013, 5:19 pm

I was furious. Tears stained my pale cheeks. Percy and Annabeth were trailing behind sharing concerned looks once in a while.

"Winter, stop" Percy pleaded "Whinny, please." He has called me Whinny for the last couple days and I like it. It's what my mom used to call me. My body relaxes. Percy comes up and embraces me in his strong arms. Annabeth follows suit. I stand there. Silent and scared in the embrace of my best friends.

"I'm not a fragile doll" I snap "I don't need to be treated like one either." I feel angry again. I struggle out of their arms and sigh. "Why are you guys so nice to me? I'm an outcast and no one likes me!" I lash out. Annabeth looks at me with hard eyes.

"Because, Flame brain, you remind me of when I was young and lost, okay?" She said softly.

"I have never known what it was like to have someone younger than me have there eyes light up when they see me. It makes me feel good. You're like a little sister to me, Whinny." Percy said.

"Oh," I sighed "thanks guys." I breathe hard and sit down, sadly in a pile of mud. I laugh and Percy looks confused but Annabeth starts laughing too. I stand up and Percy understands what is going oon. "I have to change" I laugh "goodnight guys!"
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 10/31/2013, 10:18 pm

Chapter 5

When I get back into my cabin everyone stares at me. I stare back at everyone of them with stone cold eyes. They look away immediately.

"You're all idiots. You don't like me and I'm amazing, in fact, I'm fabulous!" I joke. My brothers and sisters seem to relax after that. "I'm serious guys. Why am I so strange to you? How is it that my every move can be a mistake? I really just want to know." I say a little more seriously.

"Well, you're young and a lot of us are older than you, so it's really easy. You also do make a lot of mistakes. I remember, when you first came to camp, you got stuck in an upside-down chariot. After that you set a lot of things on fire. I, personally, don't hate you." My cabin mate, Nyssa, said. I laughed.

"Thanks. But I still don't get why when that girl came out of the lake, you all made fun of me. My mom is dead and it really hurts when I see pictures of her. Do you know what it's like to see a living, breathing version of her? It also didn't help when you guys told a ton of "mommy" jokes" I say angrily "then you all believed Olivia! The most untrustworthy girl in camp." They all looked uncomfortable. I grabbed my pj's and went into the bathroom to change. Leaving them with the thoughts I just gave them.

When I come out of the bathroom everyone stops talking, making me angry. They were still not talking to me! After I just admitted everything. I smile a fake smile, leave the cabin, and run to Percy's cabin.

"Whinny? What are you doing here?" Percy said sleepily.

"I need your help, Percy! It's urgent. Your in trouble!" I say urgently. He becomes alert and on task. I breathe again and grab Percy's sleeve. "The girl from the lake told me" I say "she told me that you and Annabeth were in trouble." I push him back into his cabin and check every corner and under all the beds. "Your good, just be careful... okay?" Percy nods. I walk back to my cabin, knowing my friends will be safe tonight.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/2/2013, 11:46 am

Remember when I said something about a safe night? Well, it wasn't. I woke up to the sounds of screaming. I freaked out and flamed up. I was in flames and so was my bed, again. I heard shouts and sword clashing together. I snoon realized I wasn't the only thing burning. The Aphrodite and Diyonysis cabins were also burning. I jumped out of my bed and tried to calm down. The flames on me soon went away but the ones on my bed were raging. I looked around but for water but Percy rushed inside, sprayed everything in sight, including me, and puts out the fire on my bed. He looks at me with complete relief. He rushes over and swoops me into a hug.

"Don't you ever do that again!" He scolds. I like when he gets like that. I try to hide it though and squirm out of his arms.

"That's the second time you've done that to me, Fish Face." I say his annoying nickname and he laughs.

"Oh come on Flame Brain! You like me smothering you!" He smiled. I was having a pretty good time until I remembered the chaos outside my door. I get serious.

"What's going on out there?" I question.

"Somehow, couldn't have been you, but the camp caught on fire. I heard a scream but when I ran out they told me no one had screamed. I thought maybe it was you or Annabeth. I, uh, checked on her first" he blushed "but told her to go get help while I checked on you. I forgot you were immune to flames and got worried. I-" He was cut off short by a loud screech. We rushed out of the cabin. Annabeth was unconscious and a winged bat lady, I think she was a fury, was bomb diving her. The Apollo kids shot arrows at her and the Ares kids were fighting a drakon. I saw my cabin crowding over a kid, trying to protect her and the Athena cabin was freaking out and trying to do anything to save their half sister. I looked at my once peaceful camp. It was damaged and broken. Campers were wounded, some so close to death. I was baffled. This was my peace. I didn't feel agitated or scared. By instinct was fighting. I knew that. When I saw Annabeth I was in trouble I choked back a sob and lit up my hands.

"Get away from her!" Percy shouts. We share a small moment of complete unison. Charging into battle, ready to kill anything that touched our camp and our friends. I stabbed a gorgon in the back, set a wild hell hound on fire, and cut a empousi in half. I was fighting my way to Annabeth. I faltered and a skeleton like thing help a knife at my neck. I thought I was going to die. Percy was no where and I was dying.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/7/2013, 8:11 pm

Chapter 6

When I thought about dying, I thought I would do it courageously and proudly. I was wrong. I shouted, screamed, flailed, and cried. My sword was an inch away from my hand. As the knife in the skeleton warriors hand punged for my gut, a sword erupted from it's chest. I was grateful to see a handsome boy in front of me.

"Hey, my names Daniel, but you can call me Dan." His long, black hung over his electric blue eyes. I was about to introduce myself when I Stheno, the gorgon, attacked him from behind. I pushed him aside, grabbed my sword and cut off her head.

"Winter, you can call me Whinny, if you want. I have to go, see you around?" He nodded and I sprinted towards Annabeth. Percy knelt over her, checking to see if she had any horrible wounds. He looked up as soon as I got there.

"Whinny! Thank Zues your alive! I was worried!" As he said this, Annabeth stirred.

"Percy? Can I have a crayon?" She asked uncertainly "I need a crayon!"

"Uh, Annabeth, we're in a middle of a war, you sure you want to color right now?" Percy reminded gently.

"What?" Annabeth was alert now. She grabbed her new dagger and went into amazon mode. She slice with grace. Killing every monster with ease. I was a little jealous, I admit it. She was so beautiful and amazing. Suddenly all the grace was gone and he was stabbed. I screamed, sprinted over, and brought out my sword.

"Anyone lays another claw on her and I swear, you will die a slow and painful death!" I threatened. Monsters surrounded me and I fought like my life depended, which it did. I figured out soon that Percy and my new found friend Dan were fighting next to me. We were in total combat mode. Anger fueled my actions. At one point, I was completely ablaze.

When all the fighting ended, I passed out, exhausted. Last thing I saw was Percy stroking Annabeth's hair and crying over her pale face.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/7/2013, 9:30 pm

Chapter 7

I woke up to Danny looking at me with concern in his face. I wondered how long I've been out.

"How long-" I ask.

"It's been almost a week, we thought you were in a coma. Annabeth is alive so I so is Percy. Although they're both worried sick about you." He filled me in.

"A week? How did I-?"

"Apollo kid said you were dehydrated while fighting. To add on to that, you got a little bit of poison in your system. I was assigned to watch over you. I'll go inform Percy and Annabeth that your alive." He says it so firmly, I am speechless. He sprints out of the tent giving me time to think. Had I missed the shroud burning? Good thing Annabeth is alive, I don't know what I would do if she wasn't.

"Whinny!" Percy shouted. He tackled me, laughing.

"Hey Fish Face!" I said, then I saw Annabeth "and Owl Eyes! You're here too!" She laughed and hugged me. Dan just stood there awkwardly.

"We were so worried!" Annabeth scolded. I felt like I had done something wrong but all I did was a take a really long nap. "But that's okay, because you're okay. Time to eat!" She cheered.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/9/2013, 2:35 pm

Chapter 8

Dinner was good, I had a fruit salad and pizza, offering my chips and dip to the gods. I felt a little alone, considering there was a foot a space between me and every other person at my table. I wondered why they were avoiding me.

"Why are you guys sitting so far? You're pushing each other off the table?" I said behind a fake smile. Before they could respond, it was time for the camp fire. I was too tired for campfire though so I went to my cabin. When I got to my cabin, the lady from the lake was in there, waiting.

"Winter Mason" she spoke "You need my help. I will help you." I rolled my eyes.

"Amphitrite, I figured you out. You want Poseidon dead, don't you? Your going to try to get my help, capture Percy, and hold him for ransom. Well, your wrong, I'm not helping." I spat.

"Well, aren't you a smart one." She laughed "There is just one flaw to your plan. I'm the reason you're alive." Okay, so I wasn't expecting that.

"What?" I asked stupidly.

"Remember that 'coma' you were in, well, you were about to die from the little poison in your system. So I took it out. I can out it back in, if you don't do what I say." She laughed evilly.

"I'll tell Percy!" I threatened "he'll Iris message his dad. You'll be exiled!"

"You do that, you die." She smiled.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/10/2013, 2:55 pm

Chapter 9

I ran out of the cabin, suddenly filled with energy. As I was running Percy ran into me.

"Whinny, why weren't you at the campfire?" He asked, the noticed my expression "what's wrong? Are you alright?" He looked so worried. I thought about being heroic and telling him about her plan. But seeing Percy's worried face made me second guess myself. I was trying to decide what to do when Annabeth came up.

"Winter, what the hades!" She shouted. I was confused, all I did was skip campfire time, what's the big deal? "I heard rumors that you were in your cabin,
    glowing
    or something!" This comment made me decide.

"Amphitrite is planning on killing Poseidon! She wants to kidnap Percy and hold him for ransom. She was going to use me to get to you!" I was feeling sweaty, trying to cram all the information in one breath "and she saved my life, so by telling you this she's going to kill me. That was the deal. I help, and stay alive. I tell you or don't help, I die." At this last word, I blacked out.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/10/2013, 3:16 pm

Chapter 10 (Percy's POV)

I knelt over her pale body.

"Whinny? Whinny wake up, please!" I started shouting at her. She gave her life to save my dad. My eyes stung with tears, Annabeth knelled beside me. "Whinny!" I shouted again. I felt her pulse. Her heart was still beating, thank the gods, but it was unnatural. It seemed to fast, like it was working overtime to keep her alive. Sobs racked my body. She was like my little sister and she as just leaving.

"Percy, we have to get her to the infirmary. Come on, get up seaweed brain, help me!" She had tears in her eyes too. I realized that they must have been close too. I felt a little selfish for not thinking of her. I lifted Winter like she was a fragile doll and rushed over to the tent.

"Ohmigods! What's wrong with her!" Nyssa, who was volunteering tonight for the infirmary tonight, shrieked. SHe had come to like Winter and probably didn't appreciate what she looked like right now. Winter had slick, sweaty skin that looked feverish. She chest was moving up and down fast, like she just ran a marathon.

"Get her a cot, she's dying!" I shouted. Nyssa cringed and scurried to find an open cot.

"Percy, her breathing is becoming slower!" Annabeth said, panicking.

"Quickly! Over here!" Nyssa shouted from the back "what happened?"

"Long story, I think it might be poison." I explained.

"Okay, we need Necter and Ambrosia." She said "Argus! Get the Necter and Ambrosia!" Argus nodded and brought the supplies. I poured some Necter down her throat. She looked as if she would survive the night.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/10/2013, 10:23 pm

Chapter 10 (Annabeth's POV)

Percy was trying to be strong and brave but he couldn't. His eyes were teary and he was clutching Winters hand, occasionally rubbing sweat off her forehead. She mumbled in her sleep and I wondered if she was dreaming. I looked at Percy and wondered if he feels the same way as when I took the poison blade for him. To be honest, it wasn't that different. I was about to tell Percy to go to bed when Danny barged into the tent.

"I got here as fast as I could!" He heaved "Nyssa told me. She said Winter was poisoned."

"She told you right. Why didn't anyone in you cabin tell you? Wait, who is you godly parent anyways?" I interrogated.

"I'm the son of Thanotos. As for why no one told me, they didn't know." He sighed "I didn't want to tell you because I wanted to not scare you away."

"It doesn't matter!" Percy shouted "I have to tell my dad! She gave her life-" he choked up an couldn't finish his sentence. Whinny groaned in pain and we crowded around her. Her eyes flickered open.

"fairy dust doesn't exist" she moaned "you have to actually work for things, you know." With that she winced and fell asleep again. I choked back a sob. I forgot who said that, but someone famous did.

"She's right, let's go tell Poseidon and see if he can help her, he'll take pity on her." I said with fake enthusiasm. Percy's eyes lit up.

"Of coarse , it'll be fine. She'll be fine." He was getting desperate and wanted to something other than sit here..

"Percy, think about this. Are you sure you want to move her? She could get hurt or break or something." Danny said, concerned. I glared at him and he added "you know, about bringing her, not the plan, the plan is, like, great!" He looked like his life depended on these word.

"We're bringing her, okay?" He sighed "I need to keep her in my sights. I just have to." I looked at him with sympathy. I thought the plan through. We had to go into the water, where Amphitrite rules. Then we have to go into her palace, and for the grand finale, we tell her "husband" that she is trying to kill him. Meanwhile, were bring the irl she is trying to kill! Isighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"Seaweed brain, our plan has to many flaws. We need to do something out of the water." I told him gently. He shook with frustration and banged his fists against an mahogany support pole. Then, thankfully, Poseidon appeared right next us, looking down at Whinny.

"A shame this girl is dying. I wonder what happened." He said in a low gruff voice, then he turned on his heel "Why, in the name of hades, have you been call me for the past hour?" I looked at Percy, then to Danny. I nodded at both.

"Sir, it's Amphitrite, she's trying to kill you." I started cautiously.

"She want the sea to her self. She was going to hold me for ransom. She tried to get Winters help." Percy gestured to Whinny "She threatened her by saving her life and telling her if she didn't cooperate, she would die. She told us and, well, you know. Amphitrite held her to the deal."

"Thank you Percy. I needed that information. Now I'm guessing you want me to heal the girl?" Poseidon asked. Percy nodded. "You have done well, so has this girl. I will save her." He sighed. As soon as his hand touched her head, she gasped. I rushed over and bear hugged her. Percy came over and picked us both up. Surprisingly, Danny joined us. We laughed and cheered but Winter just stared, over out shoulders and out the window, her face turned pale.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/11/2013, 9:36 pm

Chapter 11 (Winters POV)

Amphitrite growled and smashed a nearby table.

"You stupid girl! You've ruined everything!" She seethed.

"That was the plan, why would you think I'd obey? Are you stupid?" I asked innocently.

"You brat! I hope you die a horrible death. The elder ones will kill you!" SHe screamed.

"Tsk, tsk." Poseidon said "You should not make fake promises my dear."

"Darling!" Amphitrite said, startled "I was just trying to-to... keep this girl from killing your on, lied to you to keep you away from me! So I couldn't tell you this information. Why would I want to hurt you?"

"Well your selfish, power hungry, devious, and evil. I think that sums it up, doesn't it?" Poseidon counted on is fingers. I laughed. She tried to protest but disappeared with the scent of salt water. Poseidon bowed his head and vanished as well.

"Well, that was fun, almost dying, and all that" I sighed "but I'm hungry and done with this, let's go."

"It's 12:00 am, how do you think you're going to get food?" Annabeth said.

"I know a guy from the hermes cabin. I have some spare drachmas. Let's go!" I jumped out of bed and tiptoed to the exit. The other stayed behind. "Come on, let's go, I'm starving." I groaned. Percy shrugged and followed. So did Annabeth and Dan.

The food was great. We had pizza, cola, potato chips, and ice cream. We each had our favorite flavor or type of each food.

"This is great, Whinny!" Percy said, his mouth full of blue ice cream.

"Yeah, who did you know to get you all this stuff?" Annabeth asked.

"Conner Stoll is scared of me. It's really fun to get stuff like food and milk shakes." I said happily. It went on for the rest of the night. We laughed an had fun. The the sun began to rise and we went to our cabins for a couple minutes of sleep.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/13/2013, 4:47 pm

Chapter 12

Someone shook me violently. I grumbled and opened my eyes. Standing above me was Olivia, the girl who turned half the camp against me.

"Hey Winter, I have to show you something" She looked like she was planning something but I followed her any way. "Come on, it's super important I show you." She said as we left my cabin.

"Come on out!" One of her goons yelled at me. I cautiously stepped out of my cabin. Two kids attacked me and tied my up with rope. Another one gagged me so I couldn't yell for help. Half of the Aphrodite cabin stood above me. The kids who attacked me were from the Ares cabin.

"Aww, hon don't take this personally. I just really don't like you." Olivia said "You also spoiled my mistress, all of our mistress. We hate when people spoil our plans." I finally understood that Olivia worked for Amphitrite. She tried to get everyone hating me, wore down my self esteem, and did everything she could to make me feel like an outcast. I grumbled through the gag. "Take it off!" She snapped at an Ares kid.

"What are you going to do?" I asked when the gag was removed "I mean, people will notice if I just disappear."

"We're going to kill you and make it look like a monster attack. We've done this before. Remember Brit?" She explained. I did remember Brit. She won Capture the Flag from the Aphrodite cabin by spreading boils all over their faces. She was killed by a hellhound that night.

"Oh. That was overreacting, don't you think?" I teased. Olivia fumed.

"It was a week before they came off!" She whined. Suddenly she got all bossy and ordered for me to be taken to the lake "and watch her at all times!" she added.

We were half way to the lake when I had a plan. I screamed. They forgot to put the gag back on and payed largely for it. They were distracted. I caught my whole body on fire. The people dropped me and the roped burned to a crisp. Then I controlled the fire to stop and ran away.

"Percy, Percy!" I banged on his door "help me. Percy, help!" An alarmed looking Percy opened his door and I barged inside. He slammed the door.

"What in the name of hades is happening!" He asked.

"Followers...Amphirite....Olivia..." I gasped for air. Percy grabbed a glass and filled it with fresh water. I looked at him gratefully. When I could talk, I told Percy what happened. "You're the only person I thought I could tell, other than Dan and Annabeth but there are other people in the cabin." I concluded.

"Holy Styx. " Percy said. I nodded. He was about to say more when there was a knock at the door and Olivia called.

"Hey Percy? Are you in here? I really need to talk." She sounde like she was crying. My eyes widened and Percy pressed his fingers to his lipes. He pointed toward the closet and I went over. Percy opened his door.

"Hey Olivia. 'Sup?" He said casually.

"It's Winter. Can you tell me where I would find her? We really need to talk." She pleaded. He shook his head.

"Sorry Liv, I don't know. Good bye" With that, he slammed the door in her face. I waited a few minutes before coming out. When I did, I heard another knock at the door.

"Percy, it's me" Annabeth called "it's about Olivia, she asked me about Winter. I sent her on a goose chase." Percy opened the door. Annabeth rushed inside and saw me. "Thank the gods. I'll tell Chiron." With that, she kissed a confused Percy and rushed out.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/15/2013, 10:24 pm

Chapter 13

I waited in the Big House, tapping my foot against the ground.

"What the hades is taking so long?" I groaned.

"Calm down Whinny." Annabeth soothed.

"I want to murder her. She should die a slow and painful death." I seethed.

"Calm down! You don't really want her dead. You want her punished, not dead." Percy told me.

It was true. I don't want any human being to die. Not even Olivia. I sighed deeply.

"I'm so sick of waiting." I spat. I barged into Chirons office.

"You will be punished by doing all the camp chores for the rest of your stay here. You will also apologize-" Chiron was saying.

"That's not enough! I can't believe she has to chores! If it were me, you'd lock me in a room until I learned my lesson!" I shouted.

"Calm down Mrs. Mason" Chiron said "just let me finish. "You'll also apologize to Winter. On top of all that, you'll also be forced to listen to an Ipod full of Apollo's poems on shuffle." I smiled. This punishment was amazing. I loved it. By time I was eating dinner, she would have wished she were dead.

"I'm so sorry Winter. Please don't let him do this to me. I need my life!" Olivia pleaded.

"Absolutely not! You tried to kill me!" I scoffed. I left the room, laughing.

"Did she have a good punishment?" Percy asked. I told them the punishment and we laughed. It was good to laugh. I've learned life is to short, especially if you were a demi-god, and once in a while you have to laugh at little things. Olivia came put of the office, and ipod in her pocket. She was trying to remove the earbuds from her ears, but they seemed to be stuck. She glared at me, which made us laugh harder.

The camp fire was fun. We laughed, sang, and roasted marshmallows. Percy told the worst jokes and Annabeth said the smartest things. I told them some funny stories I heard when I was little. It was a perfect ending to a horrible week.
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 11/15/2013, 10:34 pm

Epilogue

"Percy! Give me my shoe!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. Percy was standing on top of a huge water tower, laughing at me. Annabeth pulled out her dagger and threatened to chuck it at him. He came down and gave back my only pairs of shoes.

"Geez, Flame Brain! It was a joke." He grinned. I puched him in the shoulder. He laughed and we joined in. I was filled with joy. It has been tree week sense Olivia's punishment. It was hilarious. She sometimes wailed and slammed her head on the Aphrodite table.

"Did you guys see that?" Annabeth got all serious.

"What?" Percy asked

"It's a an eye." I said. We say a flash of red. Percy pulled out riptide.

"Percy!" A joyful, deep voice yelled. A cyclopes fell out of the wood, holding a harpy reading a book. She squawked and flew up, clutching her book.

"The rest are back!" Annabeth gasped. She grasped my hand and dragged me behind her.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment your thoughts if you want. There will be a second one coming soon. The title will be; A new family

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 7:03 pm