A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

It's Getting Cold Out

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

It's Getting Cold Out Empty It's Getting Cold Out

Post by QMeetsWorld 11/30/2013, 10:41 pm

It's Getting Cold Out Tumblr_me67agzVtI1rb1h8ko2_500

Allison walked past the lake all bundled up for the cold weather. She was playing the strings at the end of her scarf when she realized that the lake was frozen. Allison was prepping for her first winter camp, and it was weird seeing the trees bare and the water frozen. She walked up to the water and poked the ice with her foot. It was completely frozen through. Allison stepped on the ice and slid around on it in her shoes.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

It's Getting Cold Out Empty Re: It's Getting Cold Out

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/30/2013, 10:59 pm

Myka sat on the ground just beside the lake, with headphones in her ears and her eyes closed. She was softly humming the song she was listening to -- 'For Those Who Wait' by Fireflight. She had come here mostly from boredom, and the fact that after long hours of sword practice, she needed a break.
    She was still wearing the same exact outfit from before -- a black The Neighbourhood t-shirt with her leather jacket over it, black jeans, and her monster-stomping boots. Her curly black hair was pulled back into a bun, and she was wearing a thick grey scarf around her neck for two reasons: the more obvious one being it was really freakin' cold, and the second as an attempt to cover up the scars on her neck.
    Her blue-green eyes gazed out into the vast waters of the lake, and she came across a girl who looked as if she were trying to ice skate without any skates on. Taking one headphone out, Myka called to her "Careful! Don't want you to slip."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 11/30/2013, 11:13 pm

Allison was shocked when she heard a voice, that she did slip. Allison had taken plently of spills on ice before, though, since she was an ice skater. Allison got up and wiped the ice off her black tights, which she wore under a loose, mid thigh length, black skirt. She'd coupled the skirt with a ruffled white top, which could barely be seen under her gray North Face jacket, and a pale pink scarf. Allison had pulled her hair up into a high ponytail just before leaving her cabin, so the blonde tips on her brown hair were quite obvious. Allison slowly walked off the ice and smiled to the girl, her pink lipstick glowing. "It's okay. I'm used to falling. Y'know, skater probs."

Ooc: I'm on my phone now, so my posts won't be as pretty.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/30/2013, 11:27 pm

Myka winced when the girl fell, and she stood up, about to go help the girl up, but was too slow. She nodded, a look of confusion and concern on her face. "Um -- if you say so." she pulled out the remaining headphone from her other ear, which was still blasting music. Okay, maybe she had turned the volume up a little too much.
    Funny -- Myka didn't recognize the girl. Sure, the daughter of Ares wasn't all that popular, but she just kind of watched from the sidelines and got to know everyone. Annoyed with the fact that she was oblivious to this girl's identity, she asked: "Um, what's your name?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 11/30/2013, 11:47 pm

Allison smiled. "I'm Allison Ryder." She said, her British accent much more obvious than before. Allison inspected the girl. She had developed that skill pretty well since arriving in America. Allison could immediately tell that the girl didn't seem like the kind of person who would like Allison much. She was all dark and drab while Allison was bright and smiley. Even though Allison was the genius, like all Athena kids, she could be a bit ditzy at times, and was quite perky.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/30/2013, 11:58 pm

Myka studied Allison. She see like one of the girls who pissed Myka off the most -- always smiling, always happy. It wasn't that she didn't like them because they were all smiles, but because she knew the happy attitude was fake -- a mask, hiding them from the real world. Hmm. Well, maybe Allison was different. "Well, Allison, I'm Myka." Suddenly, her aunt and uncle's voice nagged at the back of her mind. Great, Myka; go tell everyone who you are. Better yet, go tell them what you are -- a disgrace. A worthless piece of -- Myka managed to tone down their insults for a little bit.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 12/1/2013, 10:05 am

Allison wasn't really too thrilled with the conversation that was going on, so she began to pace, looking at the frozen water. There was nothing she wanted more than to lace up her skates and get on the ice. Allison didn't want to be rude, so she tried to keep the conversation going. "Who's your god parent? Mine is Athena!" Allison turned around quickly after she said that. She wanted to see if Myka's reaction was the usual one. People always looked shocked that a girl that looked like her, and was able to use makeup like her, was the daughter of Athena, not Aphrodite.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 12/1/2013, 10:17 am

When Allison said who her god parent was, Myka was only a little surprised. Sure, maybe Mykie had expected Allison to be the offspring of Aphrodite, or maybe even some minor god that dealt with feelings or whatever, but Myka knew she shouldn't be too quick to judge. Here she is, a perfect example: a daughter of Ares who's world revolves around music. Weird, right? So instead of making a huge deal out of it, she simply shrugged. "Ares." Myka never really said much. Then she noticed the girl's attention seemed to be drawn to the glassy water. "You're a skater, right? If you came to the lake, why didn't you bring your skates?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 12/1/2013, 10:23 am

Allison laughed a little. "I'm from England, obviously, buy I've spent the past 3 years living in Pheonix. I kind of forgot how cold it can get in the north in November. I wasn't expecting it to be so frozen." Allison kicked at the frozen ground beneath her feet. She was itching to go grab her skates, that she was now glad she brought, and get on the ice, but it would be rude to leave. Allison sat down cross-legged on a tree stump across from Myka.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 12/1/2013, 11:26 am

Myka smiled a little. "It's alright. I'm from Alabama -- the southern part. I suppose I wasn't either." Sure, she was from Alabama, but she's been traveling the country sense she was fourteen, so she should've known it was going to be frozen. It's funny, though. It had never crossed her mind that it was getting so cold so fast. She was really bad at judging time.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 12/2/2013, 7:58 pm

It's Getting Cold Out Tumblr_mdadkaWM6w1rsarnf

Allison started picking at her nails, since the red nail polish was already coming off. It was beginning to look less and less likely that she would have anything in common with Myka. Allison kept looking at the ice every minute or so. It would most likely be frozen for the rest of the season, but Allison didn't really wanna wait too long to get on the ice. Allison felt her iPod in the coat of her North Face. She could do a routine and everything. Allison looked down.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 12/2/2013, 8:37 pm

It's Getting Cold Out Tumblr_murxs0lHGv1sfsuzso1_500

"Wow," Myka thought. "You can actually feel the awkward." She sighed and leaned back. Finally, when she didnt know what to do, she shrugged. "Do you listen to music?" she asked.

OOC: short post sorry!

Last edited by The Seelie Queen on 12/4/2013, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 12/4/2013, 3:16 pm

It's Getting Cold Out Tumblr_mhvb7aroyn1rzxb66o2_500

Allison laughed a little. "Are there people who don't listen to music?" Allison looked down and picked at the fur of her boots. Allison had a kind of strange favorite music type, though. She absolutely adored show tunes. Even though she liked all kinds of music, and listened to most of it frequently, but it was her favorite.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 12/4/2013, 5:46 pm

It's Getting Cold Out Tumblr_mc1xlkquz91qe7cqfo1_500

Myka laughed. Well, Allison was right. Myka didn't really know anyone who wasn't into some sort of music. Myka watched Allison as she picked at the fur on her boots. Myka looked down at her own boots, which were caked with mud and dust. She knew that throwing knives were hidden inside each one, as well as in her jacket and jeans. The daughter of Ares decided to put two and two together; besides she had nothing else to say. Myka was very.... antisocial. She was a shut in, a loner, the camp's own Macon Ravenwood. "Do you do routines to... well, music?" she asked, not surprised that she sounded stupid even to her own ears. "Like... shows and stuff?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 12/17/2013, 6:44 pm

Allison left.

ooc: I had to open up characters sorry
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 12/17/2013, 8:22 pm

Myka was confused for only a second, but quickly shook it off. After a few more minutes, she left the cold lake as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 10:30 pm