A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

It's Cold

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

It's Cold Empty It's Cold

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/28/2013, 11:10 pm

Maeve Miller walked upon the cold hard ground, breathing in and just plain enjoying the time that she got to herself. It was moments like these that she wished time would slow down, so she could live forever in this chillingly beautiful moment. The only thing she would change? The weather. Frost climbed up the trees, and she could see the sky looking up- something she used to be unable to do because all of the leaves were in the way, but now that they were on the ground beneath her feet, the white sky was dying for attention.

The shy daughter of Morpheus was wearing a black sweatshirt that was too big and covered her black-nailed fingers, and legs down to inner thigh. Across her just, in white read 'Mundane'. (Yes, she has read The Mortal Instruments.) Her light brown hair was covered by a light blue beanie, and her tattered blue jeans were tucked into her tan Uggs. She would have looked like a normal 15 year-old girl... if not for the 3-foot long celestial bronze sword in its scabbard at her hip. Her minty-green eyes were wide with wonder as she studied her surroundings.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female
    Number of posts : 344
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

It's Cold Empty Re: It's Cold

Post by J.D. 11/28/2013, 11:19 pm

I felt the need to get away, take a walk. I paced along the leave-covered ground. A crunch for every little step I took. My breath condesated in the air in front me. I heard footsteps ahead of me, but still kept my eyes glued the cold ground.
    I pulled on the sleeves of my navy sweatshirt I had brought from home. It still had that sweet scent I missed so much. I pulled my gray beanie down on the back of my head and adjusted my glasses. I finally looked up to see a girl standing in the middle of the forest just looking up at the trees. He smiled and for the first time in a while looked up too.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/28/2013, 11:30 pm

Maeve heard heard something behind her, given away by the crunches of the leaves. Expecting it to be either a predator or an enemy, (not that she really had any) she pulled the sword out and spun around, expecting the thing to be either a monster or someone from the Ares cabin that she had somehow pissed off. And the thing trying to attack her was... a boy who looked her age wearing glasses and a sweatshirt. "Oh, um..." she put the sword away, slightly embarrassed. A light pink tinted in her cheeks. "Sorry."
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/28/2013, 11:40 pm

I jumped back hearing the sheath of the sword. "Whoah... hey. I can... um go if you.." She put her sword back down, but my heart was still beating like crazy. "Okay... thank you. Sorry if I scared you I just needed to uhh." My words began to mumble together when she was staring right into me with her minty eyes. "Ryan," was all I could get out correctly.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/28/2013, 11:55 pm

Maeve bit her lip as she watched the boy struggle with his words. Ryan, he had said his name was. "Maeve," was all she replied with. Since she was practically selectively mute, she never said much. She shook her head, a few stands of hair coming out from the high bun that was hidden under her beanie. "And- don't be sorry. There are so many more things in the world to be sorry for. All you did was scare me a little." she smiled half-halfheartedly at him.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 11:55 am

"N-nice to meet you, Maeve." I tried to smile despite my shaking from the cold and scare. I stepped closer to her a little and continued looking up at the icy trees. I just closed my eyes and breathed it all in. I glanced over at her.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 12:36 pm

Maeve froze when the boy moved closer to her. She was very shy and didn't do good around people. Not like she used to, before the... accident. She shook her head, ridding the memories.
    Slowly, she put her sword back into the case at her hip, and she balled up the sleeves of her sweatshirt into her fists.
    "Likewise, Ryan." she said softly. Suddenly, she got curious. "What are you doing?" she asked.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 12:46 pm

I glanced over at her and smiled, "I don't know. I truly don't." The wind blew from the south and I took a deep breath in. "It's nice to just escape sometimes. I just love how I can feel the south winds here and the tree are so beautiful the way they're iced over." I circled around her almost in a dance like motion, never taking my eyes off the sky.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 12:52 pm

Maeve didn't turn when Ryan went around her - she just watched him by looking over her shoulder. She agreed with him - the trees were gorgeous, and she was happy that there was wind, because at Camp Half-Blood, there usually wasn't. Speaking of wind, a cold breeze blew past Mae, and she shivered, crossing her arms over her chest in an attempt to keep warm.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 1:02 pm

I noticed her cross her arms in attempt to keep warm. "Oh sorry. Am I making you cold?" The wind stopped suddenly. I smiled slyly and looked over at her. I made eye contact again. I pulled on the back of my beanie, like I always do when I'm nervous. "I like your beanie." Gosh, Ryan, why so awkward.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 1:20 pm

Maeve gave a small smile and nodded. "Yeah, kind of." she smiled wider when he complimented      her. "Thanks. I like yours, too." Oh, gods. This was turning into one of those tiny little coversations that she avoided... or tried to. Wait... did he say that he was making the wind? "Who's your god parent?" she asked, suddenly curious.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 1:34 pm

"Notus, south winds." I faced her and looked her up and down. I pulled on my complimented beanie and then stuck my hands into my hoodie pocket. "You?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 1:44 pm

"Morpheus." Maeve answered. When Ryan looked her up and down, Mae got self-conscious.  "The god of dreams gone down the drain." she muttered, looking away.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 2:06 pm

"Oh." I noticed her self-conscious and dejected tone. I looked back up again. For some reason I could think and talk better that way. "How long have you been here, at camp?" I thought back to when I first arrived, all alone. I tried not to freak out in front of Maeve, but I felt it coming on. I felt like everything was my fault. I sat down against an icy tree trunk.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 2:14 pm

Maeve had to think about that. "About... seven months." she thought back to the days after the accident. The foster homes, her stepfather.... once again, she shook away the memories. "What about you?"
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 2:24 pm

"Eight months." I flahsed back to that week. The monsters. My mom screaming at me to leave. Kaiden laying limp in her arms. It was hard knowing I ruined them. "I tried to stay as long as I could before my family was threatened, but I was just a little too late..." My voice faded out to keep me from choking up.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 2:31 pm

Maeve noticed that Ryan was choking up, and decided that she had to do something. Sure, she might not know him that well, and she might be shy, but that doesn't mean she could just stand there uncomfortably and watch him tear up. She moved to where he was sitting, and knelt before him, looking up at him. She put her hand under his chin and bought his face up, so he was looking at her. "Are you alright?" she asked quietly.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 2:50 pm

I heard her coming towards me and tried my hardest not to start crying. She knelt down in front of me and lifted my chin. I looked straight into her eyes. I nodded. "My younger brother was hurt because I refused to leave him." I pulled a picture out of my wallet of a little toddler with messy brown hair just like mine smiling next to me. "He lived, but my mom won't forgive me or let me come back and see him. I took care of him his whole life because my mom was always out gambling or sleeping around. She didn't care about us." I stuck it back in my wallet and patted the ground next to me for her to sit down. "Do you have any siblings?" I said looking straight ahead, trying to change the subject some what.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 2:58 pm

Maeve kept quiet as Ryan told her what had happened. She shook her head at his question. "Only half siblings from my dad's side." she looked down. "I'm really sorry that happened to you."
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 3:39 pm

I nodded slowly. "It's my fault so I can't be mad at anyone else." I shook it out of me and looked over at Maeve. I stood up and gave her my hand. "Do you want to talk a walk?" It was such a nice, cold day to just sit around and mope. Maybe we could just walk around the forest and not say anything, but still be in each other's presence. Be interesting people, like we are.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 3:49 pm

Maeve didn't entirely agree with Ryan. It wasn't his fault. Seeing his hand, she froze for a minute, unsure of what to do, but she accepted it and stood up.

OOC: sorry, my laptops being weird. Its kind of hard to make long posts.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 4:02 pm

After helping her up, Ryan began to roam away. He glanced back at her and waved her on. He smiled and wiped his eyes for the last time today. He adjusted his glasses and beanie. He put out his arm for accompaniment, hoping she would hook onto his arm as they walked.

OOC: It's no problem. I can fill between the lines :P
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 4:05 pm

Maeve smiled and hooked her arm with his, and they began to walk. She couldn't help but think he was somewhat... adorable. With the glasses and the beanie, he was her definition of cute.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 11/29/2013, 4:35 pm

He noticed her smile at him and he smiled back, just the same. Her eyes were so beautiful as was her smile. They were almost matching with their hoodies and beanies walking through the icy forest. It was nice to finally have someone who gets him.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/29/2013, 4:39 pm

Maeve loved the crunching sound of the leaves beneath her feet, and with every crunchy-looking leaf there was, Maeve went out of her way to step on it. She kept looking up at the beautiful white sky, and enjoyed Ryan's company. She felt at ease around him... hmmm, that's strange. She almost never had that feeling. Oh well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:29 am