A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

New Character: Robin Goodfellow

Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1355
    Registration date : 2011-12-11

New Character: Robin Goodfellow Empty New Character: Robin Goodfellow

Post by Catos 12/9/2013, 6:19 pm

Name: Robin Goodfellow

Eyes: Green

Hair: White

Height: 6 foot

Body Type: Average

Skin Color: Pale white

God Parent: Loki

Mortal Parent: Titania Goodfellow

Country of Origin: Britain

Pets: None

Talents: EXTREMELY good at pranks and playing tricks on people and is very talented at strategy games that require thought and tactical planning. This is because his mind is well adapted to figuring out his opponents strategies through their playstyle and adapting his own accordingly, although he finds this much easier when playing a game against someone he has got to know.

Weapon**: His main weapon is his talent at playing games. His very agile mind is capable of improvising items from everyday objects to help him in conundrums, however these are next to useless in combat. When he desires to take down a particular enemy, he uses his knowledge of games to improvise contests with dire and potentially lethal consequences to the loser. He doesnt like to use weapons, but when he does, he uses a Celestial Bronze dagger, blade length about 12".

Personality: He is very playful and happy go lucky, enjoying very much playing pranks on others and causing mischief and mayhem. He doesn't like taking things seriously and groans and complains when subjected to boring tasks. However, he has a serious side when provoked, and uses his talent at games to punish his foes.

Flaws: His pranks often transcend the limits of what would be considered socially acceptable, and shows the occasional sociopathic tendencies. His is also non very loyal and is very prone to backstabbing his allies, unless they have proved themselves to him as a worthy friend. He is also not the bravest of people in a conflict and is not opposed to running away when danger rears its ugly head.

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): He has the ability to conjure any number of small items from a fanny-pack pocket on his belt. However, all these items can ONLY be used in a game or contests of some sorts and must be small enough to be withdrawn from a decently sized trouser pocket. These items are decently flexible in range, and can be composed of only wood, plastic or metal (usually pewter, the most common metal in gaming pieces), allowing for games to be either harmless or potentially lethal. Whenever an opponent accepts a game challenge he has issued, all players cannot use physical force or other to cancel the game or attack another player. Cheating or defying any of these rules results in an instant loss. In addition, an invisible dome will surround the game and its participants to prevent outsiders from interfering. Normally the games arent much bigger than a room, but the largest that would likely occur is about the area of a football pitch, and thats only in exceptional circumstances. The dome is otherwise as big as is needed, but the likelihood is that they arent much bigger than the room that the game takes place in. The loser of the game suffers a brief psychic assault that can be resisted, but is very difficult. The effects of this attack result in a brief incapacitation and consists of a mental barrage consisting of a large amount of random thoughts and useless information that overwhelms and confuses the brain until the opponents mind can work out the messages, which usually happens in about 30 seconds. These games can only be played a maximum of once a day and last until a winner is decided.

Life Before CHB*: Robin's mother worked as an acrobat in a world renowned travelling circus where Robin acted as a clown's assistant. His life went on like this for many long and happy years until his mother was unexpectedly killed in an accident, and Robin was left without a guardian. He ran away from the circus, which was currently touring in America, and survived on petty thieving and using his talent for games to swindle people out of their money. He used the money won this way to buy himself across the country, trying to find his purpose in life. Eventually he arrived in New York, and came across some other half bloods fleeing from an attacking Laistragonian Giant. He accompanied those half bloods and helped the group reach safety in Camp Half Blood, where he decided to stay. he was then claimed by his father, Loki, in the form of an incredibly elaborate and awesome prank that would take a doctoral thesis to describe and to do the jape justice.

RP Example*: Robin grinned as he watched his opponent growl and shake with anger, the cards in his hand having been revealed to be nothing but a High Card of 5, while he himself had drawn into a Royal Flush.

"Grrr... YOU CHEATED!" Lurch shouted, as Robin raked in the last of his opponents chips, winning the game.

"Hey, no need to be a sore loser! I beat you fair and square," Robin snarked, his cocky grin burrowing into his opponents vision. Lurch roared in anger and leapt towards Robin, his fists extended. Robin just smirked and raised his finger to Lurch's forehead.

"Just as I thought, you couldnt follow the rules," he mused, as a psychic shock assaulted Lurch, leaving him prostrate on the floor. Robin grinned and stood up,

"Later loser," he finished.

Any notes about your characters: Summary of his powers: He can challenge people to a game in which he can create any challenge he wishes, as long as the game has an equal chance of both players winning and that all of the items needed in the game can be withdrawn from a pocket. The players cannot hurt each other and cannot surrender or leave the game or they instantly lose. The loser of the game suffers an psychic assault that leaves the user vulnerable for 30 seconds.

Last edited by Catos on 12/23/2013, 11:10 am; edited 6 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

New Character: Robin Goodfellow Empty Re: New Character: Robin Goodfellow

Post by Kendall 12/10/2013, 5:39 pm

Did you buy an extra Norse/Egyptian slot?

Add another flaw.

Can you elaborate more on the psychic assault from his power? Is there a time limit for how long a game can last?

For his last talent, do you mean he's skilled at games or very lucky? ("Very rarely" is a bit much to me.)

Add two more sentences to Life Before CHB, and you'll need a more solid way for your character to have found camp; wandering with your instincts to guide you isn't exactly reliable.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/10/2013, 5:42 pm

One of the character slots is part of Amen-Ra's deal. And Ill edit to your specs.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/10/2013, 5:44 pm

... I'm not understanding what you mean.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/10/2013, 5:56 pm

In my signature, Ramses is part of my Amen-Ra character. I should probably edit it out.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 12/10/2013, 6:00 pm

Catos I don't think you understand. You're only allowed 1 free Norse/Egyptian slot to use, you have to buy the others
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/10/2013, 6:04 pm

AH. Oh I see now. My bad.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 12/10/2013, 6:06 pm

6k: Extra Norse or Egyptian kid (7k if you want to include the extra slot)

A lot more than you have, I'm afraid to say.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/10/2013, 6:08 pm

Im aware. Hmm... I guess Ill keep this form on standby until I have the monies saved. Alternately I could retire my Egyptian...
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/10/2013, 6:21 pm

EDIT: I have decided to retire my current Egyptian/Norse half-blood, so as to own this new character in lieu of the last one. Also, I have made the edits requested.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 12/11/2013, 2:25 am

Please do not double-post.

Catos wrote:This is because his brilliant tactical mind allows him to read his opponents strategies and adapt his accordingly.

This kind of sounds too much to me.
    Also, you say he's talented at all types of games, but seeing the amount of these, I'd like you to tone it down please.

How long is his dagger?

What materials are the items (in the Power section) made of, normally?
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/11/2013, 8:19 am

Edits made, and sorry :P
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 12/11/2013, 9:36 am

Catos wrote:This is because his mind is well adapted to reading his opponents strategies and adapting his own accordingly.

That line still bothers me, because you make it sound like he can always read everybody's strategy, which would be kind of OP considering it would be close to mind-reading.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/11/2013, 1:24 pm

Hmm... Reading is probably the wrong word then. Ill edit it again.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/11/2013, 3:07 pm

Just my 50 cents: as everyone is different and of course have different ways of playing certain games, perhaps say he is good at learning how people strategize by spending time with them and such, and perhaps making ties between people's personalities and such to help this.
    Otherwise it seems as if he can beat anyone in any game he chooses easily, which is OP if I ever saw it.

But just my idea.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/16/2013, 9:00 pm

Well then...
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/19/2013, 4:19 pm

Okay I know this is a double post but this thread has gone ignored since last Wednesday and this kind of irritates me. Can someone please take another look?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/20/2013, 3:21 pm

Rather than double-post, try sending a PM to an admin; it says to do that if your form has remained unchecked for at least 3 days in the little description under the Character Form topic title.

Was his hair dyed white or was he born that way?

For his games, are outside spectators capable of intervening in the game -- meaning can they do so with no magical repercussions?
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/20/2013, 11:37 pm

I made a PM with no response after a week and then sent a PM, which still hasnt been answered a further 3 days later. Anyway, it doesnt matter now, but thanks for having a look :)

To answer the question regarding the hair, it is naturally devoid of pigment and thus appears white. Side effects of this are thin and relatively brittle hair as a result.

With the spectator question, either an invisible barrier will erect itself around the participants to prevent the game from being intervened with, or a spectator that attempts to intervene with the game will suffer a psychic shock in the same way as a loser of the game might, your choice as to which sounds more plausible.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/22/2013, 3:07 pm

Invisible barrier sounds fine, although you'll need to define how large it could be at most -- is it some sort of dome?
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/22/2013, 5:58 pm

It is indeed dome shaped and is large enough to surround the game in its entirety. Normally the games arent much bigger than a room, but the largest Id probably wind up using is about the area of a football pitch, and thats only in exceptional circumstances really. Pretty much as big as is needed, but the likelihood is that they arent much bigger than the room that the game takes place in.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/23/2013, 10:48 am

Edit that in.
    Catos
    Catos