A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Your Luck Just Ran Out

DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male
    Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2013-04-26

Your Luck Just Ran Out Empty Your Luck Just Ran Out

Post by DannyBoi 1/16/2014, 3:06 pm

Blake watched as Sky as she threw her sword into the dummy's chest. Blake knew that she was feeling like she was perfect with every weapon that her hands touched. How naïve of her. He went over to the rack, picked up two knives, and walked over to Sky. Well, do you think you could stop someone one on one now? Or will you keep on playing target practice? He said. He then did the same thing to a different dummy with his sword, but he also nailed both his dummy and hers right in the head. Throwing your weapon is a cool trick, whatever. The thing is, when you throw your weapon, you are left with nothing. You dissarm yourself, and that, in itself is suicide. They walked back to the rack where Blake answered Calli's question. Different sizes and shapes not only tell where the sword is from, but how it was used. Some weapons we know of today weren't always weapons. Most "ninja" weapons were farm tools, and sythes, much like the Grimm Reaper's, were used as farm tools as well. Swords weren't always used in combat either. The original weapon was the club, and knives were used to cut meat and skin. All swords are effective, but the best sword, in my opinion, would be the broad sword. It's light-weight, easy to handle, and durable. I can see why every camper is required to have one.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female
    Number of posts : 320
    Registration date : 2013-07-30

Your Luck Just Ran Out Empty Re: Your Luck Just Ran Out

Post by lexypaws 1/16/2014, 7:32 pm

Anger started to boil up inside of me as I hear his remark. In a second I pull my bow off my back and fire an arrow at a random target without looking at it. "Not unless you have a second weapon." I say as I pull my arrow out of the dummy's chest. "And if you ask me I think it's stupid to walk into a fight with only one weapon." We walk back over to Cali by the other swords. I picked up the sword which I had dropped to fire an arrow. I start spinning it again listening to Blake's history lesson, anxious to spar with someone. I'm not sure were my anger was coming from but I couldn't hold it back much longer.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/16/2014, 9:32 pm

You obbviously don't get it. A weapon is only as good as the one holding it. You can have expert skill of every weapon known to man, but if you're short tempered and rash, then you will be your own demise. Obviously it is stupid to have only one weapon in battle, but each weapon has a specific perpose. He said as he picked up a knife. Let's say you threw your sword in the heat of battle, but you, oh so cleverly, had your little bow and your little arrows. Your enemy would see you unarmed the moment the sword left your precious little hands, and come at you with full force. By the time you noticed that he was coming towards you, it would've been too late. The monster would have you in his grasp already and kill you before you could even draw your bow. Blake watched as Sky spun her sword angrily. He knew the effects of anger in a fight. He had seen it too many times with his friend Dylan. What good do you think anger will for to you? Let's spar, since I see you are so eager to. He said. She was about to learn a really good lesson.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female
    Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2013-11-25

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/16/2014, 9:49 pm

Calli wasn't sure that was a good idea. Even though she did not know much about sword fighting, but she figured that, like most things, it was not a good idea to try it when someone is emotionally charged. It might have been perfectly safe but Calli wouldn't feel right if one of them DID get hurt and she hadn't at least said something. "Why don't we just keep practicing with targets a little more? I just think it might be best if we held off on the fighting for a few more minutes while we learn the techniques."
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/16/2014, 10:08 pm

Blake then walked over to Calli, leaned in close, and whispered She thinks that she's perfect at everything. She needs to learn that there are other people out there that will stomp whatever self esteem she has with embarassment. You know this already, so you're just watching her and seeing what not to do. Here's exibit A: Don't let emotions have complete controll over your body. You'll soon see why.. He then walked over to Sky, readied his weapon, and said Ready Sky?
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/16/2014, 10:43 pm

Blake leaned over and whispered something to Cali. He then walked back over to me. I slung my bow over my back and readied the sword."Ready" I held the sword out ready to spar all my anger boiling to the surface.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/17/2014, 8:31 am

He ran at her. She tried to slash at him, but he could see it from a mile away. He stepped out of the way and her sword slammed the ground. He grabbed her arm, and twisted her arm. She released her sword out of sheer pain. He threw her down, squatted close to her face, and said Rule number one: learn to controll your anger.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/17/2014, 12:28 pm

As quietly as possible I summoned a wind that slowly pushed my sword to me. "Anger can be used to your advantage if you know how." I grabbed my sword and rolled out of the way. I jump up and look at him trying to calm my anger. I swung my sword as hard as I could. It hit his sword with a loud clang, knocking it from his hand. I grabbed it off the ground quickly and looked back at him. I honestly didn't know how I knew how to do that. Using wind to grab my sword took a lot and I was tired but I did my best not to show it.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/18/2014, 6:12 pm

Rule number two: never exhaust all your energy. If it's a life or death situation, then it will be common sense to do so. But, if you're just in a one on one spar, as we are now, you will find yourself... He kicked Sky off of her feet and onto the ground. He grabbed her sword from her hand and put his foot on her chest. On the ground, beaten. He then helped her up, and said We're done sparring, I won. It's always good to know when you are beaten, then you know who the better warrior is. Any questions, Sky? He liked Sky, she had potential. Once she learned to control her anger and powers, then she'd be legendary.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/18/2014, 8:55 pm

Calming down finally, I brush off my jeans. He was right he beat me. A some what strong breeze had picked up and was making the dirt swirl. It formed a miniature tornado and started to pick up speed. Before I could get a good look at it, the wind stopped and it disappeared."Well that's new" I say simply. I looked back at Blake."Any advice on powers? I seem to be discovering new ones." I say I wasn't sure if he would now anything but I asked anyways.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/18/2014, 10:08 pm

Blake saw the mini tornado forming, and realised Sky had calmed down. His stature and attitude towards her changed, and he was now the 'happy-to-help' teacher instead of the 'drop-and-give-me-twenty' teacher. Well, you never learn new powers, you just grasp better control of the ones you have. To get a new power, you'd need a god's help with that one. He saw the tornado form a couple of times before, it's a common ability that demigods have. Remember, your powers are like your emotions. You need to have control over them or you will hurt yourself.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/18/2014, 11:13 pm

"Understood" I didn't think I would have a problem with that because I never try to fly or do other things other than create winds. A light breeze blew my bangs into my face. The blue streak blurred the edge of my vision, I pull it out of my eyes and tuck it behind my ear.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/19/2014, 5:25 pm

Calli was intrigued. She had never thought about how powerful emotions can be. After all, she had just seen Sky's anger become her defeat and turn into a mini tornado. That made her think that even if she did have music powers, that alone would not save her in a life or death situation. She would still have to train. But she had a pretty crazy idea of how to kill two birds with one stone. "I'd like try something. See, a few years ago I sang a solo that literally stunned an entire concert hall. If my mother says that there is power in my music, then I wonder if I can't use that to my advantage. I know it sounds crazy but it seems like a good way to test my theory. So what do you say?"
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/19/2014, 6:56 pm

Blake heard what she said, and pondered the thought. Music is a universal tool. It is used therapeutically, and persuasively. If you control the tone your music is played in, then you can control their actions. Music can be used almost as a mind control device. Stories, like the Pied Piper, have been told verifying this possibility. He said.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/19/2014, 7:40 pm

"But should we even try it? I think it could be interesting but I also don't know what will happen." After all she had never consciously tried to affect anyone's mood or emotions with music before. She didn't know how many people it would affect, what they would do, or how long it would last. Then there was the question that Blake had just raised of the type of music. If fast, violent music with lots of dissonance was played would everyone suddenly become lethal assassins? Or if she used calm, soothing music, would that turn everyone into vegetables? "I won't try it unless you both agree to it. If you don't want to... that's ok. I understand."
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/19/2014, 8:50 pm

I'm all for it. But first, think about this: What do you want me to do? How do you want me to feel?
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/19/2014, 9:49 pm

" I agree with Blake. Just be careful because I have almost no control of my powers. They kind of just happen depending on my mood." I want her to do it I just don't want my powers suddenly happening.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/20/2014, 11:43 am

"In that case I'll start with something calming. This is the solo that I sang in the concert I was telling you about. It's called Lux Aeterna. From a piece called Calling All Dawns." Calli took a deep breath, and sang.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/20/2014, 12:10 pm

The song calmed my nerves completely and just the normal breeze was blowing around my feet. Out of habit I started playing with my arrows in my quiver out of boredom. "Nice song" I wasn't sure of what else to say, so I just left it at that.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/21/2014, 5:10 pm

The song did calm Blake down, so that showed that his theory was true, emotions do overide powers. Well, that was extremely relaxing. The song you sang, you should use it on some Ares kids during battle. It could probably turn the tide of battle.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/21/2014, 5:55 pm

I laughed at the statement."I would love to see an Ares kid actually calm for a change." I thought it was pretty cool having a music power. The wind slowly died and I started hearing fast footsteps coming towards us. I turn and see Annie and Jake, my 2 Siberian huskies, running toward me. Jake jumps on me knocking me to the ground and I laugh as Annie licks my face."You two are supposed to be back at the cabin." I say still laughing.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/22/2014, 10:26 pm

"Yeah I'll have to try that sometime." It was pretty cool having a power and Calli was DEFINITELY going to have to experiment, practice, and see if anyone could help her. All of the sudden these two dogs came up to Sky and Calli got excited. "Oh my gosh! I love dogs! Back home, I have two. Ludwig and Amadeus. If I had known we could have pets, I would have gotten my mom to send mine to me. Can I pet them?"
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/23/2014, 8:49 am

I stand up brushing my jeans off. "Ya sure go ahead. The one that's gray and white is Annie and the white one is Jake." They both walk over to Cali and started sniffing her shoes. Jake got bored and walked over to me. I stroked his soft, white fur and he started wagging his tail.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/26/2014, 8:48 pm

Dogs…. yay. Blake said in the most sarcastic tone he could possibly use. He was terrified dogs, ever since a run in with a hell hound. It was on the long and dangerous journey to the camp that every camper faces. He was in Queens, New York, closest he had been to the camp since he started, when suddenly, a hell hound bounds out of the shadows of an alley that he and Rhett, the satyr that brought him to the camp, were walking by. It was a quick battle, which ended with him turning the hound to dust and Rhett having a broken arm. From that day forward, he's been deathly afraid of dogs. Can you get them back to your cabin, Sky? Cali and I will wait for you as you do. But, could you do it like, now.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/27/2014, 5:22 pm

Petting Sky's dog Annie reminded Calli of how much she missed her two best friends. She was a little sad when Blake asked if the dogs could go back to the cabin but she understood that some people have problems with dogs. She gave Annie one more quick pat on the head and stood up. "So why don't you like dogs? Or are you just a die-hard cat fan?" She said, trying to lighten the suddenly present tension.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 2:53 am