A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Your Luck Just Ran Out

lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female
    Number of posts : 320
    Registration date : 2013-07-30

Your Luck Just Ran Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Luck Just Ran Out

Post by lexypaws 1/27/2014, 7:28 pm

I could see a hint of fear in Blake's eyes."Yeah sure be right back" I walked Annie and Jake back to my cabin and made sure that they would stay by tying their leashes to the bunk. I ran back to the arena and and picked up the sword again. "Back" I say simply
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male
    Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2013-04-26

Post by DannyBoi 1/27/2014, 11:59 pm

I just... have a history with dogs, okay. Let's leave it at that. He said. He then walked away from the dogs and started messing with the other knives and swords.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/28/2014, 11:34 am

I watched Blake walk away a little and lean over to Cali. Probably best we just leave him alone about it. I say quietly.
    OOC: Could I bring in another character of mine? If so I'll start adding color to make it less confusing
    CalliopeMcCann

Female
    Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2013-11-25

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/28/2014, 6:02 pm

"Agreed." Calli whispered back. "So... when do I get to try to fight with a sword?" She really wanted to learn how to sword fight since it seemed like it was a necessary skill to have here. That and a change of conversation was also necessary.
    OOC: I'm cool with it.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/28/2014, 10:14 pm

Now Blake was calmer with this subject. He grabbed two broadswords and walked over to Calli. Now swords are weapons. It seems like I always have to remind people whenever they're holding one. It is not a toy, and it is not a tool of convenience, such as a can or letter opener. It is a weapon. It is used as a defensive resort. He knew that he'd said a lot about various subjects, but he did enjoy teaching. It was something he aspired as a future career. He enjoyed it when people understood things. It made him feel like he was making a difference.

He handed the sword in his left hand and said Now, shall we begin?
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/29/2014, 10:00 am

I step back to watch them when I notice someone enter the arena spinning a dagger. I look around and didn't see anyone else and wondered why the other person was here. I turn my attention back to Blake and Cali. One more thing don't be afraid of the weapon. It can affect how you hold it. I say remembering one of the only pieces of advice I knew.

OOC: I'm typing in color the first time to let you know what character I'm using. She's not talking.

I walk in absolutely bored and not sure what to do. I see three other people over by the practice dummies. I walk over to the farthest one from the group and throw my dagger into the dummy's head. I pull it out and look at the shiny celestial bronze surface. I sheath it and walk over to practice swords and look for the one I usually use. When I didn't find it I looked over and saw that the girl I originally saw. She was holding the sword I usually use and growl to my self. I grabbed a different one that was a little to heavy and walked back over to the dummy.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/29/2014, 11:37 am

Blake handed her a sword. Callie looked at it and tried to get a feel for it while he explained about the safety issues. When she heard him ask if she was ready, Calli got scared. "You aren't going to show me how to do it first? You really expect me to just fight you?"
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/30/2014, 2:34 pm

I believe the best way to learn a physical skill is by simply doing it. Don't worry, I'll give you pointers as we go along. He said as he lunged at her.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/30/2014, 4:34 pm

As I watched Blake lung at Cali, I couldn't help but to think about the other girl who had entered. She looked like she about a year younger than me and annoyed. I agree with Blake, you learn best by just trying it. I say to Cali as I direct my attention back to watching them spar.

I look back over at the small group of people and see one lung at the other. Oh good a spar. I say quietly to myself as I lean against the bleachers watching. The girl who looked about a year older than me glanced at me then looked away. Typical, I mean who wouldn't be scared of a daughter of Demios? I mumble to myself as I think about what would happen if I just glared at her from across the arena. Probably what normally happens either she will freeze in place and faint a moment later or we will both faint. Her from fear, and me from exhaustion. No I can't use my power for something that simple.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/31/2014, 12:11 am

Calli ducked as she saw Blake's sword getting a little too close for comfort. And she continued to move out of the way. "I think I'll stop worrying when I get a few of those tips! It might be just me but I find it hard to concentrate when there is a large, sharp, pointy object being thrown at my face!"
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 1/31/2014, 2:46 pm

Well, here's a tip: Don't be afraid of the weapon you hold. It is an extension of you, kind of like a really long arm. Use it to protect yourself, and block my incoming strike. He said as he lunged at her again.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/31/2014, 6:02 pm

I smile a little bit as Blake lunges again. My smile fades as I look over at the other girl. She's staring at me and it makes me a little uncomfortable. Make sure your comfortable with your weapon. If your not it can sometimes be obvious and it will be used against you. I glance back over at the other girl and a strong wind knocks her dagger out of her hand.

My dagger practically flew out of my hand. I'm almost positive that the girl has some power that did that. I glared across the arena at her but nothing happened. Out of my range. I growl to myself as I pick up my dagger again.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 1/31/2014, 6:44 pm

This time Calli attempted to block Blake's blows with her sword. She wasn't very good at it, but she was blocking him to some extent. Until for some odd reason she felt the urge to swing back and swing back hard. "This isn't so bad. I just need practice." She ducked at another blow. "OK. Like twenty years more practice." She gave one last effort to make an effective move, swung too hard, and landed in the dirt. "Make that 30."
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 1/31/2014, 10:26 pm

I laugh at her statement and see if she's okay. I wouldn't say like 30. just come here everyday in your free time, that's what I do. You okay? I ask looking at her.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 2/1/2014, 1:53 pm

Calli laughed, got up, and brushed herself off. "I'm fine. In fact, I think I'm ready to go again." Calli saw someone looking at her group. "Um. Guys? That girl keeps looking at us."
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 2/2/2014, 2:22 am

Ya it's starting to freak me out. I say glancing back at the girl. Anyways you can go against Blake again or me if you want. I ask her spinning the sword again. I adjust my bow on my back and shifting my arrows.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 2/2/2014, 10:45 pm

Well then, since you're ready to go again, how's about we try to learn some blocks. He said. Sometimes, you won't have a sheild in battle. How will you protect yourself? Just block or counter your opponent's attack. He said. He had showed her a way to parry someones oncoming attack. Now you try.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 2/3/2014, 6:47 pm

Calli did what Blake showed her how to do. She though it was okay but she could definitely use practice. She would definitely be taking Sky up on those practices in between asking Blake for help. "This might be a stupid question but does it make a difference if I'm a left-handed person trying to fight with her right?" Calli wondered why she hadn't thought of that before they started practicing. She was probably too preoccupied with trying not to accidently hurt herself or someone else.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 2/3/2014, 8:09 pm

I step back as she tries what Blake said. I glance at the other girl who had stood up and was doing something with her dagger. If your left handed you might want to hold the sword in your left hand.

Getting the feeling that I was starting to freak the group out I toss my dagger up and catch it again. I throw it without really looking and realize where I threw it too late. It lands at the feet of the girl who looked like she was just starting with a sword. Sorry! I shout jogging over there. Sorry that's mine. I say pointing to my dagger on the ground.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 2/5/2014, 5:01 pm

"Yeah. I just didn't know if I had to change my technique. Or lack there of." Calli was about to try the moves again with her left hand when a dagger landed at Sky's feet. The girl who threw it apologized and got her knife. Calli laughed and turned to Blake. "I guess I'm not the only one who does that." She faced the girl. "I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you. It's just that I did the exact same thing with an arrow. Except Sky seems to be handling it a lot better than that kid. He just ran away."
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 2/5/2014, 5:55 pm

It's happened before. I say shrugging. I have had plenty of daggers and arrows land at my feet. I'm Sky daughter of Aeolus. I say coolly spinning my sword.

Ya sorry about that. I say quietly my voice shrinking as shyness over takes me. I'm Stella, daughter of Demios
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 2/5/2014, 10:10 pm

Blake, son of Hephaestus. How do ya do? He said, stretching his free arm out for a handshake.
    lexypaws
    lexypaws

Female

Post by lexypaws 2/5/2014, 10:20 pm

I gingerly take his hand and shake it. Hi I say quickly. Out of habit I take my dagger out and spin it. I look at my reflection in it's shining surface.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 2/6/2014, 4:50 pm

I'm Calli. Nice to meet you. Calli said, offering a handshake. Would you like to join us?
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 2/6/2014, 11:16 pm

With the ammount of people we have, why not have a quick spar? Everyone for themselves? he asked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 7:26 am