A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Do we have to say goodbye?

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Do we have to say goodbye? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have to say goodbye?

Post by daddeme 3/4/2014, 4:33 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

"I know that we were meant to break. So what? I don't mind."

Adan sucked in some air from between his teeth and clucked his tongue twice. "No can do, Aliana. Sibling's Oath." He paused his playing to reach into the side pocket of his tool belt for a long sip of water from his Tar Heels bottle. He took his time to deliberate whether or not he should tell Aliana the story, then decided that it really wouldn't hurt anything. "Alright, alright. Fine." Adan flipped through the pages of the song book that sat before him until he found one with a humorous tune to match the mood of his story. He played softly as he continued on with the whole spiel. "So it all started in West Virginia, right? My sister and I...we had no business hanging around the corner store down there, but we figured we could snag a few cupcakes and other sweets - You know, like those one chocolate cupcake things with the fancy icing and the whipped cream on the inside? The ones in the packages? Those. Anyway, the clerk saw us and started making the connection between us and the pictures in the Missing Persons newspaper. He called me over since my sister was doing whatever and started asking me questions. Like my name, if I felt safe at my old home, et cetera. Then things got bad." His finger slipped and a different key was played. He winced while restarting the measure and continuing on. "Long story short, my sister got a hold of some of the beer and stuff in the freezers, we made a run for it, she cracked open a few cans without listening to me, and boom. She stayed passed out in the middle of the park for a good ten to twelve hours." He laughed as he recalled the memory and shook his head. "The moral of the story: never let a fifteen year old drag her younger brother into a situation like that. She wouldn't stop puking."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

Post by sienna 3/5/2014, 11:36 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana leaned forward, propping her head up on her elbow. She gave Adan a smirk, somewhat proud that she got him to tell her the story. The song made her clamp her hands over her mouth to keep her laughter from escaping. She didn't know why, but she had been very giggly for the past couple weeks. When he laughed also, she took her hands away and laughed with him. When he finished his story, her laugh had downgraded to a grin. "Wow." She commented, "Ten hours? That sounds horrible. I think you win at story time." Adan had mentioned his sister a couple times since they first met, but not in depth. "How old is your sister now, if you don't mind me asking?"

OOC: I think I'm gonna keep this avatar for a while.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 3/6/2014, 4:53 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Adan's little song ended around the time he finished the story, so he now sat in a slouch with his hands folded between his knees. His wide smile stayed in place even though his laughter had ceased, though he'd been smiling an awful lot lately so the action wasn't out of place. He was here right now during the Free Time placed on his camp schedule - the climbing wall, monster assault tech., pegasus riding, and canoeing were already taken care of earlier in the day. He wanted to spend this time with Aliana. Talking to her was almost like writing in a journal, or attending some AA seminar: it allowed him to open up more and even take time to reflect on himself. He turned his attention back to her voice. "Thanks, I try my best." He laughed again. "Nah, I don't mind at all. Let's see...My sister's about 20 now. Her birthday just passed recently." He rubbed his chin in thought. Adan had sent her an Iris message last weekend to ask how she was celebrating, but they were both too busy with their own schedules to really do anything. Aubrey told him that they'd just celebrate on his birthday, but Adan highly doubted it. He was born on Mother's Day...They didn't really acknowledge his birthday until a month or so later. It didn't feel right.
    Ooc: I'm switching gifs as an excuse to stare at Avan Jogia for extended periods of time.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 3/6/2014, 11:39 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana nodded, "It must be nice to have a sibling though." She commented, "I wish I had a sister or brother. The closest thing I have is Kitty." She flicked her hand towards the snoring dog. She would've liked to have someone close to her age growing up. Someone she could've played with when her dad was busy. Maybe someone she could just rely on. Someone that would always be there. Someone who would answer back when she talked. It occurred to Aliana that Adan was all of those things. Yet, their "relationship" didn't feel very sibling like. At least, that was how she saw it. She always felt like there was something more. She only hoped Adan saw it the same way.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 3/9/2014, 6:32 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

"It has its perks, though sometimes it can get annoying." Adan replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "Hey, Kitty's pretty awesome. I mean, that fur is just amazing. It's like a majestic cottony field of happiness and sunshine or something like that. And her sleeping patterns captivate me." He joked in a serious tone. Adan watched Aliana as she thought about this and thought some himself. With Aubrey he'd learned to be gentle or strong at the appropriate times, when and when not to fight, and even when to shut up and listen instead of talking and wasting air. Even though they had their sibling moments, Aubrey had always been more of a mother to him as much as he hated it. He found himself wondering what it would be like if he had a sibling that actually acted like one. Would his life be different? Of course it would've. If Bree Lightfoot had survived giving birth to him, would he even be the way he was today? He shook the thought away. See, the thing with Adan is that he keeps way too many things to himself. Like many Hephaestus kids, he seemed to shut down any negative thought to focus on the things he had control over, the things he could sculpt right now in his bare hands. Now as he watched Aliana, he hoped that she was the one that  would be able to help him learn how to remodel and improve his past inventions. He wondered if she thought the same way as he. He also wondered if his own thoughts meant something deeper.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 3/15/2014, 7:47 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana laughed, "Yeah, her fur is pretty magical." Kitty was family to her,there was no other word for it. Without Kitty, Aliana would be lost. Literally. "You know, Kitty led me to camp." She started, crossing her legs, "Something happened to the Satyr when we were leaving Manhattan, and Kitty guided me through the last leg. Somehow, she knew exactly where to go. I still don't know how she did it. She's just always been there."

OOC: This is so crappy.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 3/16/2014, 3:31 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Adan looked back to Kitty and laughed lightly. "I always wanted a dog." He said mostly too himself. He would have to invest in one soon. Adan listened to Aliana as she explained how important Kitty was to her arrival at camp and couldn't help but to smile. He found their relationship like one you'd read in a book, a very rare book that people usually hid in the libraries so only they could read it over and over. "That's amazing. You said that you don't know how she got you here, huh? She just...knew." Adan's eyebrows knitted together in new found curiosity and, yes, respect. It was a natural reflex to his to discover how things worked. and this seemed like a pretty good mystery. Shaking that away, he turned back to the piano and began playing again very softly.
    Ooc: Ew so is this one.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 4/7/2014, 2:51 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana smiled as she heard Adan slip into another song. This whole moment felt perfect to her. The music, Adan and Kitty by her side. If she had the option, she'd make it so that she would be stuck in this moment forever. But life wasn't like that. This moment would end, there was no doubting that. Other moments would come, moments arguably better than this. She just had to wait. Aliana didn't mind waiting.

The only thing that would make this moment better, was if her father was here. She missed him terribly. It had been, what, a year since she last saw him. She missed her step-mother, Suzie, also. What she would give to be able to see them again. She would love for them to visit, except mortals weren't allowed in the camp. And Maine was a six hour drive. Far too long for a day trip, even if she were able to find someone to drive her there. She'd find a day to go up there.

Adan's piano playing came flooding back into her focus. She wasn't familiar with the tune, not that she knew many piano compositions. "What song is that?" She asked curiously, turning to face him.

OOC: I have returned.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/9/2014, 1:03 am

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

During Aliana's brief silence, Adan decided to take this time to try to expand his knowledge of the song. His long fingers wove delicate patterns across the keys as if he were reconstructing one of his most intricate inventions. The sound brought yet another one of his broad smiles to his face. His now brown eyes studied the keys before slowly closing in content. When Aliana had addressed him, the sound still hadn't stopped nor did his eyes open. "I've made a few changes, but...It's 'Stay the Night'." Adan suddenly felt his face get warm. His eyes opened again, smile disappearing, as he continued on. This was a song he'd only heard a few times before, but he figured he'd play it since the music was there and the tune wouldn't leave his head. It wasn't the music that made him blush. No, it wasn't the fact that he could actually play the piano or that he was playing for the girl he was - possibly - falling for. It was the lyrics. Adan couldn't sing at all, but if he could he would be way too embarrassed to sing the lyrics. This song really wasn't his style at all. It was too soft yet techno...But the lyrics, man. They said what he didn't have the courage to.
    "It's a song by Zedd and Hayley something. Williams, I think." His voice was his usual quiet tone, though at the very last word it shook. He laughed at himself internally. "It's, um, supposed to be faster. I just...piano."
    Ooc: Welcome back, Rad Guy
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 4/9/2014, 6:30 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana wanted to say more, but she just turned back around and listened. It wasn't that bad of a song at all. She figured it was some popular modern composition. She had no clue who Zedd was, and she didn't know any Hayley Williams. Maybe it was about time she started to learn about the music everyone was into today. It probably would help her from becoming her dad, who only knew about music produced from 1970-1990.
    The way that Adan talked, sort of quiet and soft. There was something about it that Aliana found... well, cute. Of course she didn't admit that aloud. It would be mortifying if she did. Considering Aliana wasn't as intuitive as others (her lack of sight might have something to do with that) she had absolutely no clue what Adan thought about her. Well, maybe she did, but she didn't want to believe that she was right on the chance that she wasn't. In fact, she wouldn't be completely convinced if he did like her until he said it flat out. And then it might take some convincing.
    To Aliana it still felt like she was still somewhat in this awkward phase with him. One minute they could be laughing and talking freely about the most random things. Then the next, they were completely silent. It felt like everything she was thinking about the first moment was gone the next. Why did she feel so tongue-tied around him?

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/11/2014, 4:47 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

When yet again she didn't reply, Adan felt as if he were doing something wrong. Was his playing that bad? Did he smell like barbecue and trees? No, that couldn't have been it. He always smelt like coals and random foliage, and if it had bothered her before then she probably would've said something. He hoped. Adan's fingers paused on the keys just in case it was the song. He tried to cover up this sudden stop with a cough along with fumbling with his tool belt. What do I say, what do I say, what do I say? Adan asked himself mentally while rotating a wrench between his fingers. This was a sad sight to see, Adan all fidgety and uncertain. His eyebrows sewed together in stress, his knee endlessly bouncing. What could he say or do to make this agonizing silence end?!
    Ooc: Sorry for the short post. .-. Spring Break has me wonky
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 4/11/2014, 9:31 pm

Aliana Parks

When Adan stopped playing, Aliana got a little paranoid. She didn't know why he stopped playing, and she wasn't about to ask him. Well, she could but she was afraid of sounding clingy. As the agonizing silence went on, she frantically searched her brain for a topic to end it. Nothing came to mind. She felt so awkward, just sitting there. It felt like she was in a library or something. She had no clue what Adan was doing, which just made her feel even more awkward. Her violin started to feel heavy on her lap.
    Wait. That was it. Her violin could help her get out of this horribly embarrassing situation. There was only one song that came to mind. Something she started not long after she met Adan.
    Aliana took a breath, "Do you want to hear the song I'm learning?"
    Without waiting for an answer, mostly out of fear that he would say no, Aliana put her violin under her chin and started to play.
    It was a pretty song called Vocalise by Sergei Rachmaninoff. The song also felt a tad romantic, although that was beside the point.

OOC: Oh look, new HTML. I'm pretty proud of it. I also added the song she's playing to the music player thing below this.

Last edited by Sienna on 6/23/2014, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/12/2014, 4:54 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

It had gotten to the point when Adan could hear his pulse in his ears, feel his throat go dry from anxiety. His palms were starting to sweat: what if she just got up and walked away because he didn't say anything? What if she couldn't take always having this awkward air around them whenever he did something stupid? Or risky? This was bad. Oh, very, very bad considering Adan was naturally a risky person. The corners of his eyes twitched subtly as his fingers found his labret piercing and began to rotate it. If she could see him. If only she could see him. Then she'd know why most of their conversations went from Rob Dyrdek's Ridiculousness to Flynn Rider at the bar. Or Daryl with Beth. Actually, sticking to this most recent reference, things would be a lot more easier if Aliana had just told him to look at the flowers and get this endless weirdness over with. The clock ticked on, the silence and elephant in the room. Then - PRAISE HEPHAESTUS - she had spoken.
    "Yes, please." He had responded quickly to her question, though it didn't matter because she was already playing anyway. He listened to the song and smiled a small grin. This song sort of reminded him of the Titanic - not in a depressing way. Everything the featured a violin and sounded romantic in a way made Adan think of the Titanic. Good thing Aliana's name wasn't Rose! Heheh...heh...Adan looked briefly to the ground in shame, then went back to listening to her play. When it had ended, Adan was held in the same awe he found himself in whenever she played anything. "That was beautiful." He laughed quietly. Should he be cheesy? "Like...Well...buffalo wings." Wait, what. "I mean, it made me feel like I ate some really good buffalo...I mean it...Um...What." So much for playing it cool.

Ooc: I barely understand what happened here. xD Your HTML is gorgeous btw. Great idea with the Vocalise.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 4/12/2014, 5:30 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana stopped. Had she heard him right? Did he actually say buffalo wings? Well then. "Buffalo wings?" She asked, trying not to laugh, "Ookay. Thanks I guess." Then she had an idea. Why not play along. "Although, I think it's more like soup." She smiled, "One that isn't too strong, but still has a little kick to it. There's this one soup that my family has occasionally. I think it's called Manhattan Clam Chowder. That's what the song reminds me of." Aliana shrugged, "At least, that's my opinion. If you think it sounds like buffalo wings, that's alright with me."

OOC: This is short. Oh, and no RP is complete without a conversation about soup. It's a fact.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/13/2014, 3:10 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Thank the gods for Aliana. Adan laughed when she decided to play along, grateful for her sense of humor. Here he was about to fall flat on his face in embarrassment and she came by and caught him. Soups, though? Alright, Adan could talk about soup. "Hm, yes, the song does seem much like a hearty clam chowder." Adan's voice suddenly changed to that of an uppity food critic's. "Sticking with my previous buffalo wing comparison, it also had a saucy tone to it. It can be concluded that the song was both hearty, a bit spicy, and saucy. Like buffalo wings and Manhattan Clam Chowder." With that statement standing, he turned back to the piano and played a very quick theatrical noise to add to the moment. Times like these would be remembered years on. Times when he could screw things up with some dumb phrase and Aliana could clean it up with some quick thinking. He noticed that the longer he spent with her, the more focused he was starting to become. He could finally pay attention for longer than 5 seconds now! Not to be cheesy, but Aliana was starting to bring out the best in Adan. He scratched the base of his neck, right were the tattoo of his sister's name was, and yawned. "So what else do you want to do today? We do have about three hours until the Bonfire, you know."

Ooc: I concur with this statement wholeheartedly.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 4/16/2014, 7:04 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana was surprised on how the time flew. It felt like just five minutes ago she was going to meet Adan. Aliana felt her left hand wrist for her watch. All she had to do, was flip open the glass cover and feel for where the hands were. Adan was right, it was 6:15. Her watch always came in handy, plus it was less annoying than the talking watch she used to have.
    Aliana wasn't sure what they could do in three hours. She never really cared for the bonfires, though. It's not like she could even see the thing. The sing-a-longs were fine and all, even though she preferred to just listen instead of joining in. She shrugged, "I don't know. We could watch a silent movie." She said, purposely suggesting something that would be impossible for her to do. "Honestly, it's your choice."
    Of course, after she said that, she realized how "date-like" the idea was. Sure she was just joking, but did Adan know that? She didn't want him to get the wrong idea. Then again, was it truly the wrong idea? She and Adan had always been wavering between that line of friends and something more. It was absolutely stupid to deny it. Ever since she had started meeting up with him, she would get all giddy and feel butterflies in her stomach. Maybe it was time to just accept that she wanted to be more than friends with Adan.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/18/2014, 12:27 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Adan remained silent, staring at Aliana with a straight face. "Silent movies." He repeated, laughing quietly and shaking his head at her. Adan scooted back by the slightest amount, just enough to close the lid of the piano keys comfortably, whilst biting the non-pierced side of his lip in deliberation. What could they do until the bonfire? He was a bit hungry, but he didn't want to spoil his appetite before dinner. After all, that's all he went for. The free food, plus the fire gave the chance of a possible explosion--Which would be HILARIOUS since only a select few of the people at camp were fire-proof like he. Don't judge him. Being in social situations were uncomfortable for Adan, so imagining amazing pranks and misfortunes was really the only thing he could do to stop from feeling his anxiety level raise. With that fact pointed out mentally, he began to think of activities he and Aliana could do somewhat alone, such as watching a movie (WITH SOUND), or relax near one of the bodies of water at camp. "We could just walk around. Like go to the lake or the creek and whatever." His face flushed at these ideas. This wasn't a d-date was it? They were spending time together, alone, and enjoying the others' company. Holy pistons! Was this a date?! Did you already mess up? What if he did? What if Aliana ditched him during this said walk? Oh, gods of Olympus, he really didn't want to blow this chance...
    ...Whoa. What chance was Adan talking about? Alright, at this point he could no longer try to ignore what he felt for this girl. He liked her, that was for sure. Like liked. But he realized that she was all classical and poised and, though he wouldn't admit it out loud, more delicate than he physically because she was a female organism. He on the other hand was a Beatle-loving wannabe greaser that looked like he belonged in a gang. He knew he didn't have a chance, so why was he worrying about this "date". He was, like, Level: 5000 Friendzoned.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 4/18/2014, 7:31 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana liked the idea of going outside. It had been forever since she actually enjoyed the outdoors. Granted, the last time she went outdoors, she got lost. "Sounds good." She said, standing up to put her violin away. As she snapped the lid shut, she couldn't help feel a sort of excitement to go out. Maybe she was experiencing spring fever, or maybe it was Adan.
    When she went to go Kitty. Kitty refused to budge, instead she tried to go back to sleep. Aliana groaned, "Come on, Kitty,you've got to move." Aliana tugged on the harness. Kitty slowly got up and yawned before moving three feet, and then sitting down again.
    "You know what, I might need to drop kitty off at my bunk and just grab my cane. Since apparently she's too tired to go anywhere, even though she slept all day." Aliana ran her hands through her hair, trying to devise the best way to do it. "Um... why don't you just wait here, I'll run Kitty back to my cabin and then come back." Aliana grabbed the harness again and got Kitty to stand up again, and then slowly led her out the door. "I'll be back in five minutes tops." she called.

OOC: Now we don't have to worry about a dog getting in the way of their Not-a-date-but-it's-still-sort-of-romantic date.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/6/2014, 2:01 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

He watched Aliana leave with Kitty, quiet throughout her explanation. "A-Alright! I'll, uh, wait here." He called as she walked out the door. Yep, she was ditching him. As soon as she left, Adan heaved a heavy sigh and tumbled backward off the bench, landing on the floor with his arms spread and legs perched over the bench, long hair creating an uneven halo around his head. Stupid. He blew it. Adan exhaled a series of curse words and covered his face with his rough hands. He knew that this was a "Don't call me, I'll call you" situation and you would think that he would be used to it. In fact, he was not at all. He never like-liked anyone before. The fact that he actually did and she casually ditched him sucked majorly and was enough to make him feel like he had to go on one of those self-reflection trips in the Himalayas or something. Maybe he could shave his head and become a monk. Or perhaps he could go to work at the Grand Canyon or historic Indian resting place as a shaman. No, that was a stupid plan. He didn't even have the right voice for it. And let's not forget the repeated fact that Adan was quick to be judged on his personal choice of "fashion". Now feeling self conscious, Adan stood slowly and walked towards a long mirror at the other end of the room, typically used by musicians who were trying to work on their posture and fingerings. there was no way he could be a shaman or a monk. In his black t-shirt and equally dark jeans, you could clearly see the sleeve decorating his left arm in flames and work tools, his thick forearm on his right holding delicately drawn Greek and Cheyenne words for "brother", "son", and "trouble" all in a list form. His collarbone was visible and as was the cursive "Aubrey" blossoming with black roses, above the Cheyenne sign for warrior that was hidden under his shirt and over his heart. Also not shown was the broken sword on his right shoulder blade, and the name going down the right side of his ribcage, sketched so that it looked as if it were clawing out of him. "Beast." He said out loud quietly, rocking the alone silence in the music room. His index finger touched the two rings in his eyebrow, the one in his nose, then the two on his lip. He stared absently at the woven labret, paid no mind to the stake gauges in his ears. He looked into his reflected deep summer brown eyes and scowled. If she could see him, she'd know. He knew this was coming sooner or later, but it hit him harder when she couldn't even see him and she fled. He tore himself away from the mirror and sat back on the ground where he was before, head facing the his dirty Chuck Taylor's.

Ooc: I owed you a kinda wowza post after going MIA and I thought I could get a bit more into why Adan thinks of himself as a beast and why I refer to him as such, his thoughts on himself, and his appearance in general.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/6/2014, 10:45 pm

Aliana Parks

Ok, so maybe Aliana wasn’t that good at estimating. And time. Time always messed her up. Especially when there were distances involved. That being the case, It took her twice the amount of time to get back to the music room than she had told Adan. All she could do was mentally criticize herself the whole time she was walking back. It was a good thing that she had the path between the music room and her bunk memorized. Then again, it does say a bit about her. When she had made it back to the music room, she slowly opened the door, hoping that he wouldn’t be too furious with her. “Ok, I am so sorry.” She said, flashing a small smile, she walked over to where Adan was when she had left, “I did grab my cane, so you won’t have to usher me around or anything.” she held up the thin rod.

Aliana was doing her best to hide her excitement. She was going out with Adan. Well, not going out, like dating. Not that she’d be against that. The two of them were going on a walk, somewhere. Adan wasn’t really specific. Not that she cared. As long as it wasn’t someplace that was hard to navigate. The last thing she needed was to get lost again.

OOC: It is a very wowza post. Mine is just me trying to get comfortable writing Aliana again.

Last edited by Sienna on 6/23/2014, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/7/2014, 2:31 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Adan wasn't going to lie - he really was about to sit in the middle of the music room and pout until the harpies began to roam the camp looking to nab some risky half-bloods. Let me tell you this. As soon as Adan heard Aliana's voice, his heart jumped to his throat and he sprang to his feet. She came back! He slowly smiled at the ridiculousness of it all and shook his head at himself. Look at him. Getting all heart-stricken over a girl was not like him at all. Why did Aliana do this to him? It was then when he realized he had just been standing there in the quiet after she spoke. "Oh, uh, it's no big deal. You were gone long? Pssh, I swear I didn't even realize." Adan gave a small laugh and tried to calm his voice so that he wouldn't sound like a pansy. He touched her hand - very swiftly and gently as to give her the general direction of which he was walking - and began to walk towards the door.
    "It's good you have your cane, what with kitty being tired and all. Though who wouldn't want to relax today? It's nice out. The wind is nice. The sun...is, uh, nice." Adan babbled in his quiet voice. He held back an agonizing groan as he realized he had just said nice like three times. Smooth. "Just...never mind."

Ooc: I am so sorry for my lack of inspiration.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/8/2014, 7:55 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana was scared for a moment when ten seconds of silence passed after she had spoke. What did that mean? Did it even mean anything? Why was she asking herself all these questions? So, she went with what she did know. Sounds. Sounds were her friends. If only it wasn’t weird to personificate sounds. “You’re lying.” She said. Then, realizing that what she said could be perceived as blunt, she tried to explain, “The fillers and change in pitch. I was gone for a very long time, and you noticed. I can admit that I am not punctal.” Aliana’s voice trailed off.She probably forgot to mention that the blind read people’s voices like normal people read faces. Most people can tell someone’s emotions by their facial expression. Since Aliana could not do that, she went with the next best thing. That usually gave her a leg up, after all, most people only try to keep their face stoic, not their voice. However, she didn’t put much thought into it.
    “So,” Aliana prompted after Adan led her to the door. “Where are we headed?” Aliana bounced the end of the cane off of the bottom of the door. Yep, it was still there. Just making sure.

OOC: Don't even know what's happening here.  

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/10/2014, 1:44 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Adan's eyes widened. She had realized he was lying, but how...? He stopped his footsteps ad his voice faltered, looking back at her in confusion as she explained how she had recognized his filler-y change in pitcher's mound or something like that. Well, damn. Adan had always thought that he was a pretty good liar...okay, maybe not but still. "Oh...S-sorry..." Was all he could say to such facts and bluntness combined. What had just happened? He shook it away and continued, his grin returning.
    "Let's drop by the creek or something. Just because it's hot out and collapsing from heat exhaustion is not fun." He had said when she had asked where they were going. He reached for the door, waited until Aliana bounced her cane off of it, then opened it for her. "I mean, if that's fine with you. This wouldn't be like a date or anything...Unless you want it to be. I mean, geesh, that sounded weird. What I'm trying to say is - Gah! Creek. let's go." What.

Ooc: What.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/11/2014, 11:17 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana made it two steps down without a fault, until Adan said the word date. Needless to say, it caught her off guard, and there was a moment where her balance wasn’t so great, and she wobbled a bit on the step. Thankfully, she grabbed onto the rail before she went tumbling down the steps like humpty dumpty. Although humpty dumpty didn’t fall down steps. As far as she could remember, there were no nursery rhymes that portrayed the dangers of falling down a staircase. Although that wasn’t important, at least not at that very moment. Adan had said something. Something that could change her life possibly forever. Not really, though. She might’ve been overreacting.
    Aliana took a second to process the information fourteen-thousand times to make sure she heard him right. What the hell was she supposed to say to that? She could admit her feelings right at that moment. Say what she had been trying to say for the past week or so, that she liked him. Easier said than done. And even if she did say that she wanted it to be a date, how would she word that? ‘I want it to be a date’? No. No no no. That sounded weird. Even in her head. And things always sound better in your head. What she really wanted to say was, ‘Dude. Yeah. Let’s make it a date. While we’re at it, let’s admit our feelings for each other and maybe kiss.’ But that wasn’t her. That line was reserved for the most confident, well liked, eloquent person on the planet. Who was that? Aliana had no idea.
    Aliana spent all of her energy thinking about what to say, and when she opened her mouth, she lost all control. “Excuse me?” Of course she didn’t say it in a way that would be rude. If she had to describe the tone of voice it would be a mix of amusement and shock. “did you say, ‘date’? The only reason why I’m asking is because you sort of started to mention it and then completely changed the subject, acting as if it was a slip of the tongue. I can assure you that it is a big deal. Almost as big as the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. ” Okay. Now it was time for her to stop talking. It was like her common sense had just died. Seriously, what even happened. She didn’t even mention the fact that she was okay with it being a date, which was why she opened her mouth in the first place. Now she ruined her chances. No amount of violin concertos would save her now.

OOC: I am chock-full of allergy medication at the moment, so I apologize if this makes less than no sense.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/13/2014, 11:37 am

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Automatically, Adan's hand reached out, ready to catch her as she stumbled. However it quickly retracted when she grabbed the rail instead and due to his internal over thinking. He didn't want her to freak out if he touched her. I mean, he'd already touched her hand just a second ago. Aliana probably already thought of him as a creep or a, an um, a groper or something. There was a few heartbeats of silence that followed after his words and, like always, Adan was worried that he had said something stupid yet again. Pssh, what was he talking about? He always said something stupid when he was around Aliana. not that he didn't like it...well, he didn't like the fact that he looked like a bumbling idiot, but he liked that she could make him into one he guessed. No one has ever made him all jumpy and over think-y before. It was new, and sometimes new things were good.
    What did Aliana think of what he had said? He was hoping for a 'Sure, let's call this a date! Then you could ask me to Prom and finally get the butterfingers to tell me how you feel!' or maybe even just a 'Let's hold hands.' Hell, Adan wasn't even the touchy-feely type but he would definitely be for Aliana! Did...that sound creepy? Holy Hera, that had even sounded creepy in his own head. What did he sound like aloud?! He jumped slightly when he had heard an amused-sound "Excuse me?" He couldn't help but to smirk as he listened to her. Just play it cool. Or...as cool as you can.
    "Well, I wouldn't say World War 1 level but I guess because it's k-kinda a pretty big question coming from me. S'just that I never really..." Okay, stop. This was when he started freaking out, having to get a whole 'nother grip on his delivery. How could he back-pedal while keeping his voice steady? "I don't really understand our relationship now. Sure, we've known each other for a little over a month. We've been friends for all of that time. I was wondering what exactly you would call this." Adan's hand were back in his pockets, his satisfied smirk now painted on his face. he hadn't exactly answered her question, and now the spotlight was turned on her. On the outside, Adan was as calm and collected as ever. on the inside...well...Let's just say that the suspense was driving him mad.

Ooc: I NEEDED THIS GIF, OKAY?! xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:00 pm