A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows - Page 2 Empty Re: BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 9:48 pm

Zane watches as the girl easily controls the board, and stops before hitting the tree. As he finally got a look at her face, his first thought was that she's really cute, but quickly shook the thought out of his head and nods at the girl "Yea, i'm fine. Are you..?" he asks, speaking a little louder than normal so she can hear him. Zane frowns down at the two Ares kids still insulting each other, Gods, why don't they stop fighting already??, he screams out in his head.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows - Page 2 Empty Re: BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 9:56 pm

He gave her a predatory smile and laughed at her. Brastus dismissed his sword and laughed at his half-sister. She had dodged his attack. He understood if she blocked it or just parried it, but she dodged it.

"Well, this is an ironic surprise. The high and mighty bitc# dodged my meager slash. I thought you were some badass with moves, but in the end your just all and no trousers. Ha, your not worthy of having that nice letter opener. Now, I don't want to repeat my move again. Scram before I cut you in half. Yeah you've fought more than me and sure you might be more experienced , but Im pretty sure I am stronger than you in terms of sheer brute force. Beat it you ill-made, spiteful little brat." Blurted out Brastus who dug out his sword from the heavy hole he made from his impact and transformed his sword back into his necklace.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 4:44 am

"I am alright," Victoria replied. She looked down at the Ares guy and sighed.

"And tell me, what exactly are you doing with this one?" She said. The Ares dude apparently didn't even realize she was there, she could hear him carry on about him being the best and such. Boastful, dumb and blind, she thought with despair.
    When she saw people like that, black holes didn't look that unwelcoming anymore. Wait a second..., she thought. If the Earth shrank into a black hole, what would its diameter be?
    Hm, let's see, she reflected, her mind starting to calculate. It was very easy, so she had the solution in a couple of seconds. The minimum escape speed was v(esp)=c so =3*10^8 m/s. v(esp)=√(2GM/r) <--> 3*10^8=√(2GM/r)
    Knowing the values of G and M, she had [3*10^8=√2(6.67*10^(-11))(5,98*10^24)/r] so r=0.0088636888 her mind told her. Her daily equation solving had sharpened her head into a functional calculator.
    Easy, she thought after the couple of seconds it took her to calculate that. She liked the thrill she felt when calculating, and now she had to find other questions quickly to keep herself occupied and, well, not bored.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 10:10 am

"Well.... I wouldn't exactly say i'm with them..." He responds in his usual softness while frowning down at the violent Ares kids. "I was sitting here in the forest when Brastus, the big guy down there, showed up, and started swinging his sword at nothing. And eventually, the other girl showed up too and started insulting Brastus.."

Zane shakes his head in disappointment down at them and turns his attention back to the new girl. "Did you make that thing yourself?" He asks while indicating towards the board she was riding. "I've never seen anything like it before.." It looks really cool, i want one He thought to himself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 11:08 am

"Meet the Ares cabin," Victoria sighed. "They always pick on each other."

Well, her cabin wasn't much better. Except for Annabeth, Malcolm, Benjamin and Marion, they were all kind of sophists. They thought they were intelligent but when she listened two minutes, she understood it was not the case, and they were just trying to be smart. It made her feel sick.

"Oh yes, I made that one," she replied. "It's the best prototype I have for now. I experienced several others, but this one really is the best. And it's normal you haven't seen anything like it before, I invented it."

If she hadn't been so cold, she would certainly have felt a kind of satisfaction glow at the admiration in Zane's voice. Perhaps she felt something happy... but she couldn't do anything with it. Feelings were weird. They were among the only things she couldn't logically understand.
    Yet she had fallen in love, though, even if she wasn't really sure what love was. But one thing was certain: Jason made her dopamine levels go crazy. That was a fact.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/2/2014, 11:23 am

After exchanging several blows with each other that only ended with futile blocks, defenses and dodges, the guy in black, who was Brastus, became tired of endlessly squabbling with his half-sibling. True he was much stronger, but what good was strength it he lacked the skills needed to back up his sheer power. Truth be told, she was an incredible fighter, much better than he would ever admit it though. Still, he had grown tired of acting so childishly and decided to call it quits.

"Hey princess, Your pretty good yourself. A bit ungraceful, but certainly skilled as befitted a girl of your prowess. As for me, I'm done with ya today. I got better things to do than to waste my time on some battle-loving fool as yourself. Anyways, I guess I'll see ya around, queenie." Said Brastus as he transformed back his blade into his necklace and walking up to the geeky blonde girl he had ignored for all this time.

"Hey there kiddo, nice board ya got there. Did ya make it yourself?" Praised Brastus who didn't really care on what her answer was, but wanted to desperately get away from his half-sister and her ceaseless bantering.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 11:25 am

"I think i'd prefer to stay away from Ares and his children..." He replied his voice a little softer than normal. "It's bad enough my father gave me a reputation of death... I don't want to be known for loving war too..." Zane flips his hood back up over his eyes, but not before taking one last admiring glance at the invention this girl created. He was immensely impressed at this young girl creating such an advance piece of machinery.

Zane could tell this girl was a little cold and calculating, but to him, it's not such a bad thing. Zane tries to avoid people so he can sometimes come off as cold too. He just couldn't handle it if he got him or anyone else hurt from his own feelings, so he tends to put up as many walls between him and everyone else as possible.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 11:33 am

OOC: This RP was no real fun so I'm gonna delete all my Chiara posts. Pretend she was never there. Victoria stays though.

BIC: Victoria looked down at the guy with evident indifference.

"I just replied to that question," she stated, before looking back at the son of Thanatos. How did she know? It was easy -- reputation of death. Death --> Thanatos.
    Refusing to be like your godly parent was a tough thing. The boy seemed like an interesting fellow. "My mother is the also the goddess of warfare," she told him. "I do not like war either, though I have participated in several battles. My mother told me the symbolic of our fight against the monsters, last year, and now I look at our case with new eyes."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 11:52 am

"Wow... you've already been in battles?" he asks with a little surprise in his voice, "I've never even killed a monster, let alone be in a battle.." After he spoke, his hands jerked up to his ears and began rubbing them soothingly, trying to drown out the whispers that seemed to get a louder at the mention of battles. After the voices subside, he slides his left hand back into his pocket while using his other to hold himself steady, then glances down at Brastus and smiles softly, "You should pay more attention man... I asked her that right after she almost took my head off.."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 12:01 pm

"Yes. I have," she calmly replied. "Not to mention the combat missions during the last three years."

She banked her board to the side in order to put it into the sunlight so it could recharge in peace. She had used artificial photosynthesis to get it going, and Camp, with it's magical climate and weather, was just the ideal place to ride it.

"You'll kill monsters soon enough, don't worry," she added in a neutral voice. "And be happy never to have been in a battle; pray that it stays that way."

He was rubbing his ears in a circular motion. From the patterns his hands were drawing across them, she could deduce it had something to do with sound, not an internal pain. The only sounds being heard right now were the rustling of leaves and needles, so she frowned lightly.

"What are you hearing that disturbs you so much?" she wondered
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 12:10 pm

Zane looks back toward her and smiles "Oh, i have voices in my head." he responds with a happy, uplifting voice but gives a quiet laugh and returns to his normal, soft voice. "I hear whispers from people that have recently died... If I talk about topics that relate to any of them, their whispers get louder. I try to drown them out but it never works..." he shrugs once again and starts fidgeting his hand in his pocket, passing a golden Drachma in between his fingers repeatedly. "And honestly, i'd prefer not to go in a real battle either.. Too much death happens in battles... it would give me a very painful earache and headache to hear so many voices.."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 12:34 pm

"You hear voices." Victoria stated, her gaze neutral. "I believe it is a bit... common for chthonian demigods. Several Melinoe children have that too."

She fidgeted on her board, not sure how to phrase what she had in mind, though her eyes did not betray anything.

"If... If I tell you the name of somebody. Would that person's voice become clearer?"

As he said the battles would cause him earache and headache, she wondered if it was a joke or if he was egotistical. Either way, Victoria couldn't make it out, she was too withdrawn emotionally to deal with such things. And what did she care? Victoria didn't care about a lot. She cared about her father, Jason, Annabeth, Benjamin, Marion, her work and the scientific aspect of the cosmos. She had started relativizing existence and life ages ago.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 12:46 pm

"Umm.. i'm not sure if it would or not... If i concentrate on a voice, i'm able to hear it as clearly as i hear you.." he replied. His first thought was that she must have lost someone if she's asking that, but quickly pushed the thought out of his mind. He didn't want to think about things that weren't his business. as he crouched there for a moment, he suddenly blushed in embarrassment and quickly flipped his hood back up, hiding the top of his face from view. He couldn't believe that he was talking so much to this girl. He was way too shy to talk to anyone this much, let alone people of the opposite gender. He silently cursed himself for being so shy but continued hiding his face, fidgeting slightly in place.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 1:18 pm

"Um, if I tell you 'Hannes Alvén', do you hear him?" she asked.

She wondered what it must feel like -- what if she too could hear voices? The voices of all those dead people.... It would be so brilliant.... She imagined what it must be like, to be able to listen to Marie Curie, Lavoisier, Einstein, Carl Sagan, Darwin, Feynman, Alexander Graham Bell, Newton (!), Guglielmo Marconi, Edison, perhaps even Copernicus, Galileo Galilei or her half-brother, Leonardo Da Vinci? Not to mention Socrates, Lycurgus, Spinoza, Ptolemeus and Seneca!

Suddenly, she felt that if he wanted to trade his ability of hearing voices with her board.... she'd be inclined to say yes.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 1:31 pm

Zane shrugs slightly and gives a soft smile "I can try.. just give me a minute to focus please.." he says as he kneels down, placing his right hand in front of him, between his bent knees, to steady himself as he shuts his eyes tight and listens. He stays completely still, almost like he wasn't even breathing, as he continues concentrating. "I... I think i can hear him... He... He died in 1995, i think... His voice is in some language i don't know.. Like... Swedish, or something..."
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/2/2014, 2:25 pm

OOC: I don't mean to be rude, but I believe it is best if I left you two. Seeing as my endeveour with the girl ended and I have nothing to add further.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 3:17 pm

OOC: Well, if you want to man. We'll start an RP later ok?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 3:29 pm

OOC: I'm sorry I didn't want to ruin your RP by joining :/

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 3:33 pm

OOC: Noo, i don't think you ruined it. You can stay if you want Brastus ^^ There's room for you here lol
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/2/2014, 3:36 pm

OOC: Nien, nobody ruined it. It's just, well, u two are so personal now and Brastus will just be a fifth wheel…and I don't wanna get in the way...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 4:15 pm

OOC: You ain't getting in the way?

BIC: Victoria could have drooled with jealousy if she hadn't had schizoid personality disorder. He could actually hear the voice of Hans Alvén.

"Yes, he died in Djursholm," she whispered. The cabin leader of the Khione cabin lived in Djursholm, she knew, and she wanted to visit the area some day. "What is he saying? Can you make words out?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/2/2014, 4:20 pm

Brastus notched an eyebrow and walked up to the center of the place and bellowed at the girl hovering over him at two meter's length. He ascertain this girl was a scientist and not a warrior, still he could offer his services.

"So, was this guy a warrior? Cuz I can try to summon him back from the head but I do need DNA and some other requirements, but mostly that he was a warrior who died by battle." Said Brastus who came back from his dozing off.

Last edited by Brastus on 3/2/2014, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 4:32 pm

"It's... really difficult... Like.. bad reception on a television..." He mutters out, with his eyes still shut tight in concentration. "I.. I don't think i can get anymore information out of him... It's too hard to understand his language.." he finished as his eyes opened slowly, ending the connection. "Sorry.." He rubs the back of his head with an apologetic look on his face.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 4:45 pm

OOC: Victoria is hovering at two meters from the ground, there's no way he could have hit her head.
    Also how did he deduce her name was Victoria? She didn't introduce herself.

BIC: Victoria looked down at the tall demigod with evident disdain. His boastful comments had left her with deep disgust.

"Not everything has to do with war, boy. Hannes Alvén was the physicist who came up with the magnetohydrodynamics theory. Of course it would take thirty-two times the synaptical connections scattered across your brain to understand what that is."

She looked back at the other boy, holding her breath. If this guy could be like a phone between this world and the Underworld, she was either gonna stalk him or moving in with him.
    The problem was.... All the Melinoe kids she had tried that with had told her that when somebody dies and doesn't go to Elysium or the fields of punishment, then they forgot who they were. Their voices were just the chatter of shadows trying to remember who they had been.
    But she hadn't more look this time. She hod her deception under a shrug.

"No worries. If he says anything though, come to me."
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/2/2014, 4:57 pm

Brastus notched an eyebrow again. This was his main feature and he did it when he was either confused, angry or just out of habit. He sure wanted to drill it into her thick head that he wasn't a savage brute only, but an educated man in some ways.

"The theory of magnetohydrodynamics eh, so your basically asking me to revive a scientist who said magneto from X-men can marry hydrogen and create a dynamic relationship? Lame, why would I want to revive that idiot, I say if u can't solve your problems with a sword or with words, you better just let em cloud your being. Besides, your swish physicist lived a barely active life so I would be doing him a disfavor by reviving him." Said Brastus who sadly received only an education up to 9th grade, although he could prove to be an effective lawyer if he wanted to, at least in his mind that is.

Last edited by Brastus on 3/2/2014, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:04 am