A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A slow day at the beach

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

A slow day at the beach Empty A slow day at the beach

Post by Oli_Paxton 3/19/2014, 6:46 pm

With a long day starting for Aaron. The sea boy had nothing planned, and the day was just getting started for him. The peaceful waves calmed Aaron's mind. Cleared it of all the things that happened on New Year's Day, and the following week. The sky was grey, and the sea was stirring more than usual. Waves crashed violently against the shore, occasionally splashing Aaron. For the past week, the kids of the Triton cabin followed him around much to his annoyance. They did it just to spite him. Although, he wa alone when he went hunting, which was good. He barely managed to escape from his life. Hellhounds swarm him. Oh well. The wind picked up as Aaron sat down, and looked out onto the grey horizon. It looked as though a storm was about to happen, but he didn't care. Laying back in the sand, Aaron stares at the sky. "Yep...Here it comes" Aaron says to himself as the rain began to pour. Even though it was raining, he wasn't motivated enough to get up. Slowly, rain washed over the young Demigod. Although this was relaxing, it was starting to get boring. Not just this, but his routine. Go about his day doing almost the same things, with the occasional deviation from the plan. Days went by like that, and it made Aaron feel like he was stick in a constant loop of time. It was boring trying to pretend to be excited and happy, but the truth was, that he was far from excited. He couldn't find the motivation to get up, so he just kept getting soaked. "Gods is my life boring..." He muttered. Thinking to himself, he has a sudden realization. "You're too young to be having an existential crisis!" He thinks. As Aaron laid there, he wished something exciting would come along. He wished something would change his life. For better, or worse.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A slow day at the beach Empty Re: A slow day at the beach

Post by Morgan Landry 3/20/2014, 6:38 pm

Lakisha was not a loner, despite the fact she did not interact much with other people. Which was mainly due to the fact she saw herself on Mount Everest and the rest of the world at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. So today, as she always did when she was done with assigning her cabin what to do and participating to a wrestling lesson, she had decided to let them go running with the nymphs, something she was already very good at, to take a pegasus in the stables and do a little tour to clear her mind from her dilemma.
    The air was howling in her ears. Flying was one of the lessons she liked the most at Camp Half-Blood, because it was one of the rare where the sun was not baking her skin. As a child of Khione, she was extremely sensitive to heat and her body temperature was lower than average. When she was flying though, even if she had the sun in her eyes, the air she was rushing through kept her at a nice, cold temperature.
    She felt icy.
    Of course, that was the moment she reached the beach. On the beach, the weather was not always beautiful and sunny, it happened that sometimes, a little rain would come along.
    Like now.
    Fine droplets of freezing water were hitting her skin softly, dampening the black Chanel top she was wearing and her dark riding trousers. Water started getting into her boots. She knew it would not last long though, soon the clouds would be dissipated by the magical climate of Camp and the sun would be there again.
    Lakisha decided to land on the beach and do some dressage exercise. Her horse, a cherry-brown Mustang with a black mane, was the one she chose most of the time for this. She briefly noticed a boy gazing at the horizon, not at all disturbed by the rain, but did not pay much attention to him. Her mismatched eyes scanned the beach quickly and she guided her horse to the right.
    Her thick, dark auburn hair was pinned up in an irreproachable French braid bun that curled around one side of her neck. She had a framed her eyes with copper eyeliner to intensify the different colors of her irises, added some nude, discrete eye shadow on her lids, but wore neither gloss nor lipstick. Her pale, thin lips had a sort of cold shimmer.
    The tall eighteens years old started the dressage exercise: piaffer, pas allongé, pas espagnol.... All these things she had learnt when she had still been a child, back in Stockholm.

Suddenly, something flew at her and stayed glued by the wind against her horse's flank. Looking down, Lakisha retrieved it with gloved fingers - she always wore riding gloves when on horseback - and gazed at the boy who was staring at the horizon, oblivious to the rain.

"Is this yours?" She asked in her melodious yet cold voice.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 3/20/2014, 7:05 pm

Ooc: What is this something? Or can I just make it up?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/21/2014, 6:59 am

OOC: You can make it up.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 3/21/2014, 5:26 pm

Looking up from where he was laying down staring at the sky, Aaron's attention turned from his existential crisis to a girl. Touching his neck, he felt for the necklace that would normally reside there. Then, spotting it in the girl's hand. "Yeah, thanks for finding it." A faint grin of gratitude on his face. His now soaked orange camp shirt and dark blue jeans made a shuffling sound as he got up from the spot where he laid. The necklace must have not been hooked on right. The rain began to let up, but it didn't stop. The now pouring rain subsided to a light drizzle. "Ew" he thought. The sound of his clothes was a sound he hated. It sounded like a dog scratching on a door, or something wooden. "Should I use my powers?" He asked himself under his breath.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2014, 3:44 am

Lakisha trotted over to the boy, handing him his necklace. He grinned at her and passed the necklace back around his neck: "Yeah, thanks for finding it," he said.

"Not a problem," Lakisha coldly replied, already turning the reins to make her horse go back.

The rain had started to subside, but was still present; Lakisha's dark auburn hair looked completely brown now, and some strands had escaped her French braid bun, sticking to her face and neck. She knew that it would not be a bother, her hair and clothes may be wet now, but as soon as the rain had subsided, she would freeze it then break the crust of ice away. That was what she always did when she got her clothes or hair wet somehow, and for her, it was far more efficient than a hairdryer.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 4/6/2014, 10:58 pm

Although he loved water, Aaron didn't like this feeling. "I'm Aaron, son of Triton." He says as she walks back to her horse. "This girl is kind of giving me the cold shoulder. I can feel the ice in the air....or maybe that's the rain." He says to himself. With that, Aaron used his powers to get the water out of his clothes. The water formed a ball hovering above his hand. The rain slowed a bit yet again, now to a light drizzle. "Thanks again. Since you're leaving, I guess I'll see you around camp, maybe." Knowing how big the camp was, it was almost impossible to run into someone unless it's planned. Aaron's orange shirt was slowly getting wet again, appearing dark with the water. Wind blowing caused a dark overcast in the sky. But, the same thing causing the overcast was causing the clouds to move fast, the sun shining bright through whatever cracks it could find.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/8/2014, 7:00 am

"Lakisha Bellamy, counselor of the Khione cabin," she haughtily replied as he introduced himself.

He opened his hand and the water which had been present in his clothes escaped the cloth fibres with a succion sound before gathering over his hand in a sphere.

"Thanks again," he said. "Since you're leaving, I guess I'll see you around camp, maybe."

Lakisha stared at him. Arrogant thoughts were racing in her mind, but she couldn't ignore him, it was not polite. At least he was courteous.

"Maybe," the daughter of snow stated, softening a bit. Her manners were still cold, but more -2°C cold rather than -16°C.  "Why are you staying in the rain? Don't you have any lessons to attend to?"

The faint rain was subsiding and soon enough, she froze the water in her clothes, then forced it to break apart. A cascade of ice fragments fell down on the sand where they melted rather quickly, the sun rays helping.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 4/10/2014, 1:25 am

"Well I like the water, and I have lessons, but blowing them off and goofing around is so much more satisfying, don't you think?" he asked. Aaron skipped lessons so, people called him a slacker, while others called him fun. "I think that just hanging out here is more peaceful than running around and swinging swords at each other..." He trails off.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/10/2014, 7:03 am

Lakisha frowned disapprovingly.

"How grand it must be to have the luxury of not going to lessons that might save you out there," she frostily replied, cooling up again. "I admire your selflessness."

OOC: I'm sorry, but I had to quote Snape.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 4/12/2014, 8:38 pm

"I admire your....disapproval." Aaron says, almost as a question. "Well now I know why she was so cold. Khione kids are almost always like this. But you never know." He thinks. Aaron wasnt one to give in to the cabin stereotypes. Like Aphrodite kids being all makeup and no brains. But whatever. "Do you have any lessons to get to?" She obviously didn't want this to go on. He could see that. The cold, emotionless replies said it all.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2014, 8:09 am

"As a cabin leader, I am not obliged to attend some lessons," she replied. "My cabin is running with the nymphs, something I am already very good at, so I decided to train something I wanted to improve: Pegasus riding."

She kicked the horse's flanks and made him step into the water, the sun warming her cold skin.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 4/18/2014, 12:00 am

"Aren't cabin leaders supposed to, I dunno....supervise? " Aaron asks. Lakisha seemed alright enough. Not too dangerous, but she seemed like someone he didn't want to cross. Aaron made a mental note of that. "The sea god cabin supervisor never let's us go anywhere by ourselves. So I assumed all cabin leaders were like that."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 6:08 am

"When I decide to do something else, I leave the command to Cassiopeia, my lieutenant," Lakisha explained. "Surely your cabin leader sometimes does it."

The daughter of Khione looked up at the now sunny sky and sighed. Where did the rain go? She almost wanted it to rain again, the sun rays were definitely getting too hot. She longed for Åre, or Funäsfjallen, or even Stockholm.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/6/2014, 9:52 pm

"I don't know. I tend to not stick around there too much. I train on my own terms." Aaron says slyly as he walks up to Lakisha. She seemeda little off, well, compared to who he met before. "You're different than the rest of your cabin. Different is good. I like different. You're cold, which is understandable, and that far away look you give me makes it seem like you don't wanna be here. Kinda hurts my feelings." He joked. Pacing around the sand, he grinned.

"It's cool ("ha, pun" he thought.) if you don't want to be here. I'm not forcing you to stay here. Sure I'm dragging the slowly dying conversation along, and it's cause you're interesting, but if you wanna leave just say so..."

Ooc: I was grounded! Sorry!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/7/2014, 2:25 am

Lakisha snorted an arrogant laugh. "What makes you think I'm going to ask your permission to leave?" Because that was what he was implying in her eyes; he implied she was staying here just to talk to him and wouldn't leave unless she told him so, which was a bit asking him his permission.

"How do you know the rest of my cabin?" she asked. "Do you know all of them? Cassiopeia, Jea, Fridge, Mia, Lorelei, Luke, Icyono?" There were mainly girls in the Khione cabin. She wondered what he meant with 'you're different, but different is good'. Was he.... flirting with her? It had been quite long since Ethan, her last boyfriend, who had had kind of an instant crush. It had lasted one or two months, then he had left Camp Half-Blood.

"If you're wondering, I want to be in the mountains," she said. "In Åre, most of all."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/11/2014, 1:03 am

"I know Jea and Mia, that's about it. Never really got to get to know most of the Khione cabin. Guess you could say you guys always a little too cold." He says with a sarcastic grin on his face. Every time he met someone from that blasted cabin, other when he met Jea and Mia, they acted like Lakisha did or maybe even a little worse. "Mountains huh? Sounds fun. I can see the appeal if I were an ice demigod. Cold mountain tops, thin air. Just oodles of good times." A twinge of sarcasm hitting every word in that sentence.

Aaron had always been sarcastic, which was just one of the many perks about him. Another perk was being sarcastic. Did I mention he was great at being sarcastic? Whatever, Aaron, sat again in the sand, a few feet away from Lakisha and facing her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/11/2014, 6:03 am

"I know Jea and Mia, that's about it. Never really got to get to know most of the Khione cabin. Guess you could say you guys always a little too cold."

"Hilarious," Lakisha commented on his little pun. "Not to mention nobody before you made that joke," she sarcastically added.

Aaron had that ironical grin on his face as if the whole life was a joke he had made. It made her feel weird, she didn't know why.

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/13/2014, 12:37 am

"Glad see I'm original." He said with a sigh. Looking at her standing just made him uncomfortable. She seemed too....How could he put it? "Don't be so tense. C'mon, relax and sit down. It's not like I'll make a typhoon and throw you into the ocean...maybe."  Aaron says jokingly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2014, 4:09 am

Lakisha looked haughtily at him. Who did he think he was, acting so familiar with her?

"I'm already sitting," she informed him. "On my horse. And it's not like I would freeze the water or counter your storm with a blizzard."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/13/2014, 6:19 pm

"I know you're on your horse, but you look tense. On your guard even. Don't be so alarmed. I'm pretty sure I couldn't if I wanted to..." he mutters that last sentence under his breath. That could be fun, ice vs. water that is. Who'd win? "Would it be a tie?" He thought. He'd been training forever so maybe he could take her. Take her? No, that sounded weird. Beating her up sounded bad, so how could he put it without sounding weird?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2014, 2:59 am

"I am not tense," she haughtily replied. "But if you want me to slump down like a peasant, no, I won't. I have not been raised like that."

Then he said 'would it be a tie?'
    If you knew, was all she could think. All the times Nigel and her had had the power struggle, the son of Njord attacking with water she would freeze. She hated him, they both hated each other but they somehow needed one another; this ambiguous relationship had led to that one hateful kiss they had shared for four seconds on this exact same beach.

"It might be a tie," Lakisha then stated with superiority. "Though I doubt it."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/14/2014, 11:27 pm

"Peasant?" Aaron thought as he got up. Her words almost ticked him off. "Oh get off your.... High horse. I could take you with an arm behind my back. " The grin back on his face. "Hey stupid, your fatal flaw is pride remember? Shut up me. You're gonna lose...SHUT UP!: Going back and forth with himself in his mind was something he did often. But Aaron couldn't help it. Whenever he made a stupid decision, or whenever he was completely alone, he did that. "I mean, we're on a beach, it's hot, so I might be at an advantage. Doesn't really seem fair now does it?:
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/15/2014, 2:20 am

"Oh get off your.... High horse. I could take you with an arm behind my back," he grinned.

Lakisha could only chuckle to that; she wasn't the counselor of the Khione cabin to be beaten by the fifteen-years-old son of a water god. She just looked at him with arrogant amusement, her mismatched eyes glistening.

"I mean, we're on a beach, it's hot, so I might be at an advantage. Doesn't really seem fair now does it?"

"Are you implying I can't defend myself even in an unfair battle?" Lakisha rose an eyebrow, a Sphinx-like smile on her lips.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/17/2014, 4:59 am

"Are you implying you can?" He taunted. His voice sounded intense,serious, but playful too. To Aaron, it just made him feel cool (Which he almost never was.). It's not like he wanted to fight her....Okay, he totally did. Ice against water? The odds could turn in anyone's favor. An Athenian could see that. Hell, Aaron could see it, and trust me, he was nowhere near half of an Athenian. But he could at the very least hold his own. There was something about Lakisha that ticked him off, he couldn't put his finger on it, but he felt something. The feeling of an unknown annoyance. He liked it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 9:32 pm