A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A slow day at the beach

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A slow day at the beach - Page 2 Empty Re: A slow day at the beach

Post by Morgan Landry 5/20/2014, 3:23 am

"Are you implying you can?" he asked in a taunting tone that triggered a cold irritation in Lakisha's ribcage.

"I am not implying I can, I am stating I can," she replied, her melodious voice freezing cold.

She moved her lips into an icy Sphinx-like smile while looking at him disdainfully with her mismatched eyes; did he really think he could beat her? she was thinking. Him, a little boy who looked younger by three or four years, having such an experience gap?

"Do you really think you're the first son of a water divinity I'm fighting?" she added, raising one of her slanted auburn eyebrows.

If I could beat Nigel, I can beat you easily, she thought.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/21/2014, 3:28 am

"No, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one you'll lose to." Aaron was getting ahead of himself by a Longshot.  But he was more than just a water demigod. He was a swordsman, someone who could hold their own even without powers. She underestimated him. Or maybe he overestimated himself. Aaron wasn't quite sure which was true, but he didn't care then. Either he got beat up and he would look like a complete idiot, or he would beat her and all that talk would be backed up by actions. Aaron knew powers wouldn't help much in this fight, if there was one. He would need to rely on something he rarely used...His brain.

Last edited by Oli_Paxton on 5/21/2014, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/21/2014, 4:30 am

"No, but I'm pretty sure I'm the guest you'll lose to," he said.

"You are very self-assured for someone so young," Lakisha condescendingly stated in a cold purr.

Her tone clearly said: you are self-assured but without much experience, so hardly a match for me. Her dagger was resting at her hip, the leather grip against her side; she was still deciding whether to fight him or not... if he charged her though or explicitly asked her to fight him, she would. Children need lessons, she thought.

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/22/2014, 1:26 am

"You underestimate me. Probably shouldn't do that. I may not look like much but I could give you a run for your money." Was that the truth? Aaron couldn't tell anymore. Did it matter to him? Absolutely not. He was pretty close to just flat out asking her to fight. She seemed like the kind of person who Aaron would like to challenge. But then again, the condescending tone and the stone cold attitude ticked him off. Like he said, she was different. "You're an ingesting person you know that?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2014, 5:41 am

"You underestimate me. Probably shouldn't do that. I may not look like much but I could give you a run for your money."

"I don't underestimate you, I consider a very realistic option." Lakisha leaned forward on her horse, keeping the animal in place. "How long have you been at Camp, youngling?" she cooly asks him.

He mustn't have been here more than three years at most, she thought, perhaps a bit less; she ignored him when he said she was an interesting person.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/22/2014, 8:18 pm

"I've been here for 4 years now. And I understand where you're coming from. You think since I'm younger, I'm weaker. Is that right?" ("Of course it's right you moron." "Shut up you." Aaron had been up against older campers before, just not cabin leaders. This could be something completely different them what he had faced before. The challenge excited him. So he did what any sensible guy would do. "Why not see if I can hold my own against you, since you think you're so good?" He asked calmly, a hint of arrogance in his voice.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2014, 10:24 pm

Ah, four years. When estimating three years, she hadn't been too far.

"And I understand where you're coming from," he added. "You think since I'm younger, I'm weaker. Is that right?"

"No, I don't think you're weaker, I just think you have less experience than I," she haughtily replied. "Strength has nothing to do with it."

"Why not see if I can hold my own against you, since you think you're so good?" Aaron asked in a slightly arrogant tone that made Lakisha smirk in amusement.

Because you think I don't have anything better to do than to fight against a child.

"I'll give you a quick death," she replied with amusement, a hint of a joke in her tone as she put her feet out of the stirrups and slid to the ground, passing one leg over the saddle.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/24/2014, 8:02 pm

"I'm looking forward to it." Aaron smirks as he unsheathes his sword from the case hanging from his side. A unique style of fighting he used was using one hand for the sword, and the other for his powers. Only when he was in serious trouble did he use both hands for his sword or vice versa. His right hand gripping the sword and his left behind him tucked into a fist, Aaron put his right leg firmly infront of him, planting the left one behind. "Ready when you are ice queen."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/25/2014, 5:20 am

Lakisha slid Chrymos out of its sheath with a sound of oiled, well-kept metal, and walked away from her horse -- last thing she needed was the stallion thrashing around and perhaps hitting her if it were to be scared by the clanks of swords.

She went into fighting stance: feet shoulder-wide, torso straight and slightly bent forward, her dagger in front of her vertically. She waited for him to strike first with an arrogantly amused smirk.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/25/2014, 5:57 pm

Aaron rushed her. Almost in an instant, he was a foot away from Lakisha. A small laugh escaped his lips as he swung his sword at her torso. "I've got to be faster," he thought. "Hey stupid, she's gonna kick your arse." "You again? If it gets bad I'll use my powers." "Will the be enough?" That was the question indeed. Would his powers be enough to take her down? A sixteen year old against an eighteen year old cabin leader.  Oh boy, what fun.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/26/2014, 1:55 am

Lakisha slapped his blade away with her dagger and waited for the next blow.
    Perhaps he was testing her too, though it didn't look like it.

OOC: So short D:
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/26/2014, 2:24 am

Aaron was testing himself. He was trying to push himself beyond his own limitations. He wasn't even getting started yet. He dagger pushing his sword back caused it to recoil. Regaining his grip on the hilt, Aaron swung at her legs. "Faster....I need to go faster" Speed was something he had, once he connected with his enemy that is. It was something he had a love hate relationship with. He had speed, but not enough, at least to him. To other demigods he was pretty fast.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/28/2014, 2:06 am

Aaron swung at her legs quickly, a blow Lakisha barely had the time to avoid by jumping up; it almost caught her ankle. He was fast indeed, and it irritated Lakisha. There is no way he's beating me, she decided in her thoughts, aiming a hit at his shoulder.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/30/2014, 12:29 am

Aaron winced as the blade cut his shoulder. If he hadn't jumped back a bit, it would've been a deeper cut. "You're good, I'll give you that much." This challenge was fun, but he wasn't gonna lose to some high and mighty snow girl. Aiming at her torso, Aaron went in for a stab. "No way she's getting away from this!" He confidently thought.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/31/2014, 2:56 am

"You're good, I'll give you that much."

Lakisha looked at him with freezing cold. "Don't you dare condescend to me," she warned him as she parried one blow.

He then lunged at her and the tip of his blade cut across her ribcage, leaving a red line under her torso. It was not deep, but it still hurt like a bite. The hurt and the surprise left her briefly unguarded, then she regained her composure and aimed a kick at his stomach as well as a stab at his shoulder.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 6/2/2014, 11:00 pm

The kick contacted with great force, leaving Aaron stunned for a few seconds before her blade grazed his shoulder. Jumping back, Aaron got a little irritated. "I'm more than just shoulders you know?!" He exclaims with great exasperation. Sighing, Aaron raised his hand toward the sea, the water forming a blade in his hand. He'd have to step his game up if he were to take Lakisha on, that he was sure of. In an instant he ran at her, his sword in his right hand, and the water sword in his left.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/6/2014, 3:18 am

Well now, two weapons.

Lakisha managed to deflect the celestial bronze sword, but the water sword hit her stomach, exercising a pressure there, enough to push her backwards a few feet. Her Chanel shirt soaked wet and clinging to her willowy body, Lakisha hissed between her teeth and started freezing the sword, the temperature dropping around them.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 6/9/2014, 6:51 pm

"Whoa," Aaron said as the temperature dropped around his hand. He dropped the almost completely frozen sword to the ground. "Well that's not gonna work now is it?" A smile grew on his face. "The game is on." He slyly told Lakisha before he sends a wave crashing towards her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/10/2014, 2:54 am

"The game is on," he said.

You have no idea.

If the fights with Nigel hadn't inhabited her to this, Lakisha would probably have been overwhelmed by the wave, like it had happened the first time she had opposed the son of Njord. Today, though, she was prepared. Freezing the water sword had already taken her some energy, but it wasn't much compared to the energy she used to freeze the wave. As it came crashing down at her, she pointed her dagger towards it. The top of the wave whitened, then the pale color spread across the water and the foam until it was encased in a crust of ice, which then extended to the heart of the wave. Small stalactites formed from the top of the wave as the last droplets froze.

Lakisha looked at Aaron with a faint smirk, then slightly extended her arms. Chunks of ice broke from the wave and flew towards her, gravitating around her body as the temperature fell down a further couple of degrees, snowflakes appearing and turning around her too.
    This aura was extremely difficult to hold, she could not hold it for more than three minutes, but that was more than enough for this combat. Lakisha was weakened by the use of her powers, she could feel it in her arms, stomach and legs; of course she had some ambrosia in her saddle just in case, but she knew she couldn't use any more power, or she would pass out. Which would be unacceptable.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 6/14/2014, 6:03 pm

"Well that was a neat trick. Do you perform at parties cause I know some guys at the Hermes cabin who'd love that!" Aaron had enough energy for maybe 2 more water attacks, or enough to make a huge weapon.  He'd save that for later.  It was fun, this little game they were playing, but it needed to end. He wasn't gonna be shown up by some cabin leader who was full of it.

So Aaron put on a serious face. "Putting on your big boy pants now?" the voice in his head (whom he hated) said. "Not helping." He thought back. Aaron rushed at Lakisha swiping the sword at her ankles.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/24/2014, 4:10 am

"Do you have any more of those hilarious punch lines?" Lakisha asked, raising an eyebrow, jumping over his blade.

The heavy ice blocks were still gravitating around her, and she made one break in two; thrown with sufficient forth at the head, any of them were able to crack bones, or even kill in some cases, but killing was not what she wanted to achieve here. She sent the two blocks at him with her willpower, one at his wrist, the other at his stomach.

OOC: Sorry for the wait!
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 6/25/2014, 3:47 pm

"I might have a few more. " He said. The blocks of ice connected woth force. Aaron grunted as one hit his stomach and winced when the other hit his wrist. Getting sent back a few feet, Aaron landed on the ground before standing back up. "Too bad I don't have a one liner for getting my arse handed to me." He grabbed his sword with his slightly sprained right hand.
    "Alright," he sighed. Aaron ran at her, sword pointed at her stomach. "This has to work," he thought. As he ran, a grin grew on his face. When he was about 2 feet away from Lakisha, Aaron sent a wave towards her with force
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/26/2014, 2:50 am

The wave hit her square, and for a moment she lost her concentration. The snow and blizzard fell down, and an ice block whacked into her forehead, sending her backwards in the wave, unable to breathe. There was cold pain where the ice had hit her, but it refreshed her and gave her adrenaline. She thrashed around, trying to get to the surface, her clothes wet with the cold water, but the low temperature energized her. Finally she fell out of the wave and onto the sand, spluttering and spitting the water out of her lungs before turning around, standing up and summoning the ice blocks from the wave.
    They came back to her like a pack of obedient hunting dogs, surrounding her protectively, gleaming in the sunlight. Even soaked wet, with her auburn hair disheveled and sand caking her expensive clothes, she was standing up straight like a queen -- well, she thought of herself as a queen. Droplets of water beaded her face, but she froze them, casting her features in what looked like a mask of ice.
    Then she sent all of the ice blocks straight at Aaron with a movement of her sword.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 6/27/2014, 2:47 am

Reacting on instinct, Aaron put up a wall of water to stop the ice blocks, but to no avail, only stopping a few. One hit him in the chest, another his right leg. His chest throbbed and his leg was already forming a bruise. "I seriously didn't want to so this, but you leave me almost no choices...." Aaron stood, and felt pounding in his leg. He pushed the pain back in his chest, telling himself that he would deal with it later. "There's no good guarantee that this will work." "But there's a chance. I gotta try, right?" An almost angry expression grew on Aaron's face.
    Dropping his sword, Aaron raised both of his arms. Wind began to swirl, and the water behind him started to rotate. With his arms, the water raised. A mini hurricane formed behind him. 15 minutes, that was as long as he could keep this up. 20 at the most before he passed out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/15/2014, 6:30 am

OOC: I don't know if you've ever been hit by ice, but it's pretty heavy and pretty strong. Like, it could crack bones. I didn't wanna power play, but yeah, just thought I might say that.

BIC: She had to admit, the hurricane surprised her. The powerful wind tore at her hair and clothes, breathing sand into her face and forcing her to cough. She quickly regained her composure though and rearranged the blizzard around her. It was not as powerful as Aaron's storm, but powers didn't play everything here. Especially if he dropped his sword. Lakisha didn't lose a second and bounded over to him, jumping between him and his sword and aiming a stab at his shoulder with her dagger, the ice blocks revolving around her body like a separate armor pieces moving out of their own will.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 2:47 am