A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE)

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE) Empty would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE)

Post by mabel pines 6/25/2014, 5:52 pm

© html made by albatross, graphic by merlin
    Look who's digging their own grave, That is what they all say, You'll drink yourself to death. look who makes their own bed Lies right down within it, And what will you have left? Out on the front doorstep Drinking from a paper cup. You won't remember this. Living beyond your years, Acting out all their fears You feel it in your chest. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun, It's just begun. Standing on the cliff face Highest fall you'll ever grace, It scares me half to death. Look out to the future But it tells you nothing, So take another breath. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. And this is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave. You put up your defenses when you leave, You leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. You're putting up your armor when you leave, And you leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. This is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave

vinyl is truly glad for her discovery of the hammock outside of the hypnos cabin. she can avoid the annoying and stuffy and so sleepy feeling of the cabin, but everybody assumes she'll be asleep if she lays down in it because, well, hypnos, duh. just about all of her cabin mates are on best friend basis with their pillows, which, quite frankly, is kind of concerning (then again, vinyl isn't on best friend basis with anyone since lola disappeared and everything with alexander happened, so, she probably doesn't have room to talk).

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE) Empty Re: would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE)

Post by honey 6/25/2014, 6:30 pm

and i see colours when i hear your voice
    grab your wings, they're putting gravity on trial

would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE) 2121_900
    stiles prevalsky

It's not that Stiles is compulsive or anything (okay, yeah, he's so compulsive) but he had been put on library duty the other day and as he was cleaning out some shelves, he saw a book about Little Red Riding Hood, and he almost brained himself in his haste to get out of the library. Like, what better idea than to go to prom as Little Red? No better idea, totally.

Although, now he's kinda regretting it. How the hell did Little Red survive with her dumb cloak? He keeps tripping over it, or someone steps on the hem and nearly chokes him to death. He's got his basket on his left arm, and it's considerably less full than it was an hour or so ago. He'd filled it with candy and Hershey's kisses and an apple (hah, crossover), but basically everything had fallen out.

Yeah, he'd tripped a lot. He's trudging to his cabin to restock on candy when he trips again (seriously, he should invest in life insurance) on the damn cloak. His arms windmill, basket flying up and away. He takes a jerky step, trying to regain his balance, but he looks up and where the Hades did that hammock come from and tries to flail away from the hammock. He succeeds in not upending the hammock and its occupant, but his momentum takes him crashing to the ground. He tries to pop back up, but the cloak is over him now and he can't see the sky, everything is just red. He gets tangled up in the cloak, and has plenty of time to question his life choices before he emerges again with a triumphant "ha ha!"

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 3:07 am; edited 3 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE) Empty Re: would this interest you at all? (PRIVATE)

Post by mabel pines 6/25/2014, 7:08 pm

Look who's digging their own grave, That is what they all say, You'll drink yourself to death. look who makes their own bed Lies right down within it, And what will you have left? Out on the front doorstep Drinking from a paper cup. You won't remember this. Living beyond your years, Acting out all their fears You feel it in your chest. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun, It's just begun. Standing on the cliff face Highest fall you'll ever grace, It scares me half to death. Look out to the future But it tells you nothing, So take another breath. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. And this is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave. You put up your defenses when you leave, You leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. You're putting up your armor when you leave, And you leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. This is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave

vinyl hears some whooshing sound from above her and, oh, her eyes were closed. when she opens them she sees somebody trying not to fall over right above her. she miraculously does not scream like a child.

the person above her, however, does not seem to be so lucky and falls over. he seems to be tangled up in a bunch of fabric that vinyl is nearly certain is a cloak.

it really isn't her fault that she can't hold in a stream of chuckles, especially once she spots the basket. really, little red riding hood? she knew some people were doing some strange costumes for prom, but little red riding hood was never one she considered. she starts laughing even louder when she sees that, oh, it's a boy, which was entirely not what she had expected

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 6/28/2014, 5:09 pm

stiles prevalsky

Stiles hears a laugh somewhere above him, which, um, rude. He finally gets up, with a huff and a swish of ruby red cloak. There's a girl in the hammock, he realises as he wobbles up. and--and damn, she's hot. Sure, she's a little too pale (maybe unhealthily so), and her hair is a mess, but her eyes are amazing and just-- like, he might even break his gay-ness for her which would honestly be a waste because she probably won't give him a second look.

So, he's gotten distracted by her good looks, so what? He will not be derailed. "Like, that wasn't even funny, dude," he flails, giving her a judge-y look. She's stopped laughing though, so maybe she got that she was sort of mean? Honestly, he's not offended or anything, he's just pointing it out to her.

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 6/28/2014, 10:01 pm

"don't call me dude," vinyl says before she even has the time to think about it. it's something of an instinct with nicknames. she's never liked them.

the thing is, she really has been trying to make a conscious effort to not be too mean, only because she doesn't want to get kicked out of camp. it's a free roof over her head and free food on her table, why would she give that up? she knows it was probably rude to laugh, and she's fairly certain that there are eyes set up all over camp so they can report her whenever she messes up the tiniest bit.

she opens her mouth to apologize, but the word 'sorry' gets stuck in the back of her throat. vinyl has never been one to apologize, and she knows she should start doing that if she doesn't want to get kicked out, but. but apologizing is so not her that she just can't.

"er, are you alright?" she says instead.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 7/18/2014, 11:41 am

stiles prevalsky

Stiles shrugs, voice agreeable as he says, "sure, dude." It's not that he means to be annoying, it's just something that he does. He supposes that's why that son of Aphrodite flicked him off at the mess hall. He fussily brushes imaginary dirt off of his cloak, while his brain all of a sudden remembers his synaesthesia.

The girl speaks again and--huh. she's green; an interesting mossy sort of green, deep and comfortable. That's strange, because green is the only colour that Stiles doesn't hear normally. He's heard frosty pink, sunset orange, periwinkle blue, and fluffy duckling yellow, but he's very, very rarely heard green.

It's why he takes a little longer to reply. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good, great even, how about you?" He doesn't wait for her to reply before he scoots forward an inch and excitedly says, "you're green!"

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 7/20/2014, 10:51 pm

vinyl is about to get all stern and angry when, what. green? vinyl checks her skin, which is still the pale, fleshy color it's always been. which means he is probably on drugs, or something, vinyl doesn't know. she wouldn't be surprised if the satyrs had something, they seem suspiciously like druggies to her.

"i'm green," she says flatly, not even bothering to make a question out of it. "and that would mean?" she tries to shoot him her most strongest 'i think you are an idiot and possibly insane' look. they're not her specialty, but vinyl's got it down pretty good.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 7/20/2014, 11:01 pm

stiles prevalsky

The look the insanely attractive girl gives him completely bounces off of him without so much as a dent (he's intimately acquainted to precisely those looks already). His hands wave wildly in the air around him as he excitedly replies, "I'm not high as a kite or even as a rock--I'm not high at all, okay but that's beside the point--" He doesn't even stop to take a breath before barrelling on, "anyway, I have this neurological condition thing okay but I'm not crazy don't worry and I can hear colours and feel sounds sometimes."

He finally takes a (admittedly short) breath here and continues. "It's kind of a pain sometimes but really cool other times and anyway, you--or your voice, anyway--are green, and dude, I've like never heard green before."

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 7/21/2014, 5:40 pm

vinyl isn't sure that's too different from not being right in the head, because it sure doesn't sound normal. besides, vinyl would not be green. green is like, hippies and flower children. sure, she doesn't wear shoes, but that's as close to weird hippie flower child she gets. vinyl would be dark blue, or dark gray, but certainly not green. that just doesn't make any sense.

"ooookay," she says, dragging out the o. she keeps an eye on him, not quite sure that he can be trusted not to fall over even when standing still. from what she's seen, he could trip over a speck of dust. she's surprised that she doesn't see any injuries on him, seeing as they have real life actual weapons that can stab and cut and kill.

"does that happen a lot?" she finds herself asking. "the whole falling all over my own feet like a bumbling fool thing, just so i know how far away from you i should stand when holding a weapon. don't need someone's murder on my conscience."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 7/29/2014, 7:37 am

stiles prevalsky

Did Stiles say she was attractive? He might have been mistaken. There was that saying about how external appearances don't matter if the personality is gross, and Stiles might be sort of getting it now. He shoots her a completely flat look.

"I haven't directly caused bodily harm to a person yet. I think you're safe." Yeah, he knows that she asked about it in order to not murder him, but really, he knows what the real question was. Anyway, he's careful about adding the 'directly' to his sentence, because he has caused bodily harm to someone. He wasn't the one to do it, but if he hadn't been stupid and convinced Scott to sneak out to the woods, he wouldn't have gotten attacked. Scott wouldn't have those permanent scars on his arms. Stiles probably would be back in Sacramento, blissfully unaware of monsters and half-bloods.

It's no use crying over spilled milk, he decides, rallying. He straightens up, and offers his hand to the girl. "I'm Stiles, Hecate kid."

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 8/25/2014, 4:49 pm

"vinyl record," she says, hesitantly shaking stiles' hand. he's feisty, which vinyl can appreciate in a person, but she's had enough experiences to know that skin to skin contact isn't always wise with a stranger, and the scars to prove it. "hypnos."

still, stiles seems mostly harmless, but you can never be too sure with the kids at camp. some of those aphrodite kids can be downright vicious. perfume is not fun when it gets in your eyes, and that is from experience.

"so," she says, "if i may ask, what is up with the cloak?" vinyl has to bite her tongue so she doesn't tack 'especially when you've got the coordination of a baby on roller skates,' because that would probably get her in trouble; there are spies everywhere, and they all seem interested in getting her in trouble.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 8/25/2014, 7:00 pm

stiles prevalsky

"Cool name," he says honestly, because, dude. Sure it's unusual, but at least she didn't get stuck with a nearly unpronounceable Polish name. It takes him about half a second longer than normal to answer her question, but that's just because he's been distracted.

"I'm little red riding hood," he explains, and then glares down at his cloak as if it's betrayed him. "I was going for the whole original approach, but as you can obviously see, it's not working out." He shrugs, untying the cloak and draping it over his arm. "I've got a modern take on it in my bunk." He hadn't been able to decide on the original version or the modern one, so he'd gone straight the only nice Aphrodite kid he knew and asked her. They'd decided on the original one first, even though the Aphrodite girl had told him that if he weren't mostly gay, she'd climb him like a tree with the modern version. Which--yeah. Aphrodite kids made him uncomfortable.

Anyway, he'd gotten distracted because his synaesthesia was kicking in hard. He'd thought she was moss green, but he was noticing textures and shades he hadn't before. She had a sort of smoky, misty quality, and there was a dusty, greyish tint to her green.

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 11/3/2014, 9:10 pm

"you're little red riding hood," vinyl says slowly, coming out as more of a statement than the question it was posed as in her mind.

fair enough, he's decided to dress up as little red riding hood, but. "why are you dressed up as little red riding hood?" vinyl asks suspiciously, feeling like there's something important that she's missing. there always seems to be some sort of celebration going on at camp, and, quite frankly, vinyl's done keeping track of them. she remembers carnival, which probably would have been much more exciting if a) there was alcohol, and b) vinyl actually had friends to spend it with. if only she'd known lou then, they could have had fun stepping on the long dresses and wreaking havoc, and not to mention making fun of everyone in sight.

her hands are shaking slightly - vinyl needs her nicotine fix, but she finished off her pack around noon and the hermes kid working the camp store said they wouldn't get some more in until after dinner tomorrow, at least, and there's not a chance she'd ask for a smoke off of a stranger. not at all.

"have you got any cigarettes on you?" dammit.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/6/2014, 5:02 pm

stiles prevalsky
    OH OH OH IT'S MAGIC
    "why not?" he replies automatically, rolling his eyes, "pff." he knows he's a little shite, it's written into his fundamental coding, he's sure. anyway, he can be helpful sometimes, so he continues, "also because of prom. are you not going?" the last words are said completely free of judgement, because although he doesn't understand why you wouldn't want to go to a costume themed prom, he can totally respect people's choices. come to think of it, vinyl doesn't seem the type to want to go to any sort of party.
    TAG: STILES + VINYL | NOTES: NEW CODE!

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/30/2017, 3:12 am; edited 3 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/5/2015, 4:09 pm

© html made by lucifer rigby, graphic by sherlock

vinyl huffs out a humorless laugh. she's not so much mad as she is frustrated, really - he's a pesky brat, but overall harmless.

"yeah, but why," she repeats. in her entire life, vinyl never imagined herself in this position. "i mean, she was a bit of an idiot, wasn't she? she trusted a stranger she met in the woods which led to her grandmother getting eaten."

she scoffs at the thought of going to prom. honestly. as if vinyl would fit in at a prom. "of course i'm not going. prom's stupid."

'i haven't got a dress,' a part of her wants to say, and she squashes it immediately. her emotional stability is one bad decision away from being destroyed into a million tiny, shattered pieces, and so long as she can just stick to the simple rules she's set up for herself she'll be fine. she will.

a voice in the back of her head says that she deserves nice things, like going to dances, but vinyl ignores it. it sounds too much like rhythm, anyway.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/11/2015, 11:51 pm

stiles prevalsky
    OH OH OH IT'S MAGIC
    He admires her persistence. "Well, I've been told I look quite fetching in red," he bats his eyelashes. "Also because f*ck gender norms." He squints at vinyl for a second.

"As a person who is currently on his way to prom, I deeply resent that," he says, fake-offended. He gets distracted for a little, because yes, he has been side tracked, and if he's late, his half-siblings might think he ditched them.

The thing is, the other day Stiles had been arranging his basket for his costume, and he'd remembered the bottle of wine that little red takes her grandmother in the old versions of the story. Of course, alcohol had been banned from prom. Naturally, this led to Stiles thinking about any alcohol substitute, which led to him (and with the help of two other Hecate kids, and a Hermes kid) concocting a potion that had basically the same effects of alcohol, except without the hangover. Because while Stiles likes pranks, he's not a soulless jerk and everyone knows hangovers suck.

Anyway, they were going to maybe spike the punch today. Just to live up to Teenage Clichés.

"Besides," he says, overly casual as he gives a little shrug, "it might be a little interesting today."
    TAG: STILES + VINYL | NOTES: IM F*CKING CRYING U MENTIONED RHYTHM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:43 am