A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Prom? Never heard of it.

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Prom? Never heard of it. Empty Prom? Never heard of it.

Post by Sammy 6/26/2014, 1:36 pm

Sofia slipped into the Mess Hall, awed by all the shining lights around her. She’d never really been to a dance before. The idea had never really interested her. But now that she was here…she saw the appeal.

The colors danced on her feathers and bodies moved all around her. A fast song was causing everyone to dance playfully with their respective partners. Some guy in a Peter Pan out fit bumped into her, followed by a girl dressed in…Zeus knows what that thing was.

After a few more moments of this clashing and colliding, Sofia decided to sit down. There was an empty bench in a corner, and everyone seemed to be staying away from it. She decided that it would be alright, and sat down.

OOC: description of her outfit, plus an explanation of why her eyes look a bit red from crying. Description is below the *** http://www.camphalfblood.org/t19170-sofia-s-bunk
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Prom? Never heard of it. Empty Re: Prom? Never heard of it.

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/26/2014, 7:02 pm

OOC: SOMEBODY HUG SOFIA AND COMFORT HER! I indentify with her a bit.

Prince walked into the well-decorated Mess Hall. All those ornaments, colours and glitter were making him feel uncomfortable. Almost awkward. He felt displaced in the middle of that silly thematic party, after all the theme was "once upon a time", he knew that, but he didn't have the time, the will or the patience to choose a decent costume. He was already a prince charming by nature, even because of his name. So what was the point of all that piffle? You could say that Prince was dressed like himself. He even had the effort to wear something more formal than usual, an ellegant suit with... no tie. Well, nobody would notice it, as he was already highlighting for being one of the only people in that prom who weren't wearing some silly costume.
    He looked around, searching for Sofia in the middle of the small  dancing crowd. And there she was, hiding in a corner as if she was scared of all that people. Yeah, that was predictable. At least she was strong enough to face that situation. Prince was really proud for her. He walked near her and sat by her side. He brought her hand to his lips before she could realize that he was there. "You're looking specially beautiful tonight." He said kindly, and his voice sounded a bit nervous, because the compliment was absolutely true.

Not exactly fairytale, but it was Prince's choice, not mine, hehe:
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/26/2014, 7:21 pm

Sofia jumped a bit, before blushing and standing up, straightening her feathered skirt as she did so. "Drawing isn't exactly the only way I pass my time..." She replied softly, looking up at him. "So, who are you here with? A girl in a crop top and leggings?" She joked, noting his semi-casual outfit. "Then again, all you really need is a crown."

She brushed the loose strands of hair out of her face and reached up for the pencil she usually kept behind her ear. A force of habit, of course. She would've loved to draw this moment right now, his hand in hers...wait, what? Sofia remembered what her sister had mentioned to her in the bathroom, and casually--but quickly-- removed her hand from his.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/26/2014, 7:53 pm

Prince grimaced for a second, pretending to be offended. "I'm dressed as a prince, can't you see?" He laughed. "Maybe I need a crown. I swear I didn't think about that. Actually, I didn't care much about the costume thing, but you surely did." How could he look at every single detail of her swan costume without making her feel uncomfortable? He would repeat his compliment a few dozens of times. She was gorgeous in so many ways. But what was the point in telling her that if she obviously didn't believe that? She would think that he was trying to be flirty or daring. That wasn't the case, not in that night, not with that girl. Then she pulled her hand away from his as if it had burned her soft skin. Prince was a bit startled and he wondered if he had been too unkind or held her hand too tightly. Then he remembered how shy she was, if compared to most of the daughters of Aphrodite. He would try to respect her own ways, the ways that made her so special. "We don't even have to dance if you don't want to." He tried to choose his words more carefully, although he sounded unnatural in that way.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/26/2014, 8:05 pm

"No! No...I mean. Sorry, its just..." She cracked. Gods, this was too hard. He was obviously hurt, though she had no idea why. "My sisters must be rubbing off on me," She improvised, looking down at the floor, before glancing back up at him. "Which is not something I'm particularly happy about," She smiled, softly, hoping for him not to be mad. Hoping that he hadn't hurt him too badly. "Anyway, I'm a pretty horrible dance-"

Of course, the DJ chose that moment to play "Endless" by Amanda Falk. Sofia's eyes lit up. This was her one of her favorite songs, and she'd danced to it millions of times by herself in her bunk. She glanced up at Prince, begging him to ask the question that would determine how the rest of the night went. She could barely stand to stay still, and every bone was aching to be held, or at least for him to put his hand in hers again.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/26/2014, 8:46 pm

Prince rolled his eyes. "Forget about her. And everyone else. This is suposed to be a great night for you." He replied, trying to inspire her some confidence. Actually, he could see in her eyes that she was feeling miserable, and the reason seemed to be way more serious than that. But he wouldn't ask. She probably wouldn't want to talk about it. A beautiful, sweet and slow song started playing. It was definately perfect. Prince decided to assume a risk. "Would you like to dance? It's... It's ok if you don't." He wanted to have a an excuse to touch her hand again. But he felt like he needed her permission to make any move.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/26/2014, 9:31 pm

Sofia smiled, happy that he'd asked. "Absolutely!" She replied, stepping away from the table a little bit. "i absolutely love this song. I can really...connect to it, you know?" She replied after stopping at the edge of the crowd. They still had their own private little area, but with a lot more room to move and such.

Hesitantly, she wrapped her hands around his neck, which was pretty difficult for her small frame, but she managed. "Would you believe," She began, looking up at him, "If I told you that I've never danced with anyone before?"
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/27/2014, 3:25 pm

Prince could barely believe it. He wasn't being a total failure. He couldn't avoid smirking again as Sofia touched his neck. "I feel honored." He whispered, as he lay his hands on her waist, slow and carefully. "Dancing is easier than it seems. Just relax and follow my moves. You may even find it fun." He replied, as they started to move gracefully to the rhythym of the song, step by step. But Prince couldn't really concentrate on what he was doing. Actually, it was impossible to take his eyes off her. He kept thinking about how much she was small and delicate, and how he wanted so hard to hold her, but he knew he shouldn't... Those stupid impulses.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/27/2014, 6:21 pm

Sofia let him lead for a while, listening to the music beat in here ears. After a while, her eyelids began to get heavy, and she was happy when it shifted to a bit of a faster beat.

"Have you ever been to the lake on the night of a dance? The boardwalks are lined with lights that shine like stars. It reminds me of home, you know. My dad used to have these great Christmas parties. He'd let me plan the decorations, and then I'd help him hang up all the twinkling strings of light. I always loved those Christmas parties. Until they were over. After they were over, he'd go to the bar and drink all night. He'd come home in the morning and I'd hide under my bed..." Sofia finished, looking up at him.

"Maybe after this, we can go see the lights,"Sofia was getting pretty tired, now. Her small frame hadn't had sleep in a few days, and without food to keep her energy levels up, she was running on pure will.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/29/2014, 7:30 pm

Now that Prince was finally approaching her, he could amost feel her weakness. She seemed to be also psychological weak, in a way that he couldn't explain. But still, he wouldn't ask her about anything that she didn't want to talk about. It seemed to be hard enough for her to talk about her past. He still knew her so superfitially. Maybe that could change. Even though the little voice of reason, deep inside of his mind, was telling him not to get too close. He decided to ignore that voice for a moment and he stroked her arm softly, as if he was trying awkwardly to comfort her. "We can leave if you want to. We can go somewhere quiet and less overcrowded. This place is giving me dizziness." It wasn't exactly the place that was making his dizzy, but well.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/29/2014, 8:00 pm

Sofia yawned softly, and nodded. "That sounds fine. Anyway, I'm pretty thirsty and I'd like something a bit more non alcoholic to drink. I saw the Hermes kids slip something into it earlier," she replied, already stepping off of the dance floor. "Can we stop by the cabin first, though? I'd like to change into something a bit more comfortable. If you don't mind, of course."

OOC: This is hardly the right post for this gif but I just like omg

Prom? Never heard of it. Tumblr_m1x78kEZ2C1r9wv9ro1_500

Mila Kunis is the perfect Sofia I swear like omg.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/29/2014, 9:41 pm

OOC: Mila Kunis is sooooo pretty. How did you know she's one of my biggest girl crushes? Once I had a daughter of Eros with her as a FC, which is another weird coincidence.

Prince went all serious for a second, looked down at the cup he was holding, and laughed. "I swear I hadn't noticed that there was alcohol in this. Well... I may seem drunk, but I'm not, okay?" Only to take advantage of the situation, he held Sofia suddenly and gave her a kind of innocent kiss on the cheek. Now he could die happily. It would be worth the slap that he would probably receive straight after. He hesitated a bit, as if he were waiting for a reaction. "Ok. I will walk you there, if you don't mind." Then they left, and he wondered if it would be too daring to hold her hand. That would be, for sure. What do you think you're doing? You're not a Prince Charming. She doesn't deserve somebody like you, said the little voice of reason.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/29/2014, 10:00 pm

OOC: Can Prince be a real person and kiss me on the cheek? Please? xD

BIC: Sofia touched the place on her cheek where his lips had touched, surprised. It doesn't mean anything. He has that stupid punch in his system. She was still all giddy inside, but she didn't let it show. She still had a mask over her, though it was slowly being lifted up. "That's fine," she replied, and slipped out with him.

OOC: Do you wanna make the topic?
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/29/2014, 10:05 pm

OOC: I would be careful with a real life Prince. He follows the commandments of Marina Diamandis. x. Ok, I will, give me a sec.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/20/2014, 9:32 am

OOC: Prom is over, I'm locking the topics. You can finish your RPs via PM if you want to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:37 pm