A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private)

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private) Empty Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private)

Post by Sammy 8/1/2014, 12:33 pm

Upahara Bagya Yatra. Ah, yes. Some know her as Ari, some know her as Stick-In-The-Mud, and some know her as Oh-My-Gods-Don't-Look-Her-In-The-Eyes. I, however, know her as the one who will never break down emotionally, even if it would be great for her plotline. In other words, Miss Stubborn.

However, Ari is still a normal person, and normal people need to eat. Which explains why today, Ari is seated on a table (Yes, on the table) in her usual semi-meditative sitting position, slowly devouring a plate of six Navbahar beans and humming an Uttarakhandi tune.

Now, Ari would usually be eating somewhere away from lousy Americans and their disgusting culture, but the tables were perfect for sitting on. And this girl did have some serious skills when it came to sitting, especially for a hyperactive ADHD demigod. (Actually, it was because Chiron insisted that she started "chilling" with some of the other campers.)

So, here she is, and here I am, watching with boredom as she sips her Assam tea, and waiting for her to go into that long-awaited emotional breakdown.
    Summer
    Summer

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2012-04-07

Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private) Empty Re: Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private)

Post by Summer 8/1/2014, 1:33 pm

soledad montez
    don't worry. i'll never forget.
    Soledad was sitting at her cabin table in the mess hall. A large sheet of paper, tinged yellow in the late afternoon sun, sat in front of her covering almost half the table's surface. Brow furrowed, the daughter of Phobos had a pencil in her hand and was fine-lining the details of her masterpiece.

Vaguely, she sensed that not far from her, there was someone sitting on a table, but as artists usually go, Soledad was entirely absorbed in her piece. Then again, the girl had the ability to ignore Aphrodite drama and a drakon attack, so a stationary camper sitting in an odd position probably wouldn't bother her as much. In fact, Soledad would have stayed indoors if not for the fact that she had already been sitting there since lunch. Besides, in the mess hall, she was closer to the ever-lit braziers.

Returning her attention to her work, Soledad shifted so that her shadow fell lightly over the paper in order to reduce the odd lighting. Spread over the entire area and drawn in visionary, immaculate detail, were dozens of buildings, towers, and skyscrapers. It was the entire city and skyline of Tokyo. They ranged from offices to malls, all intricately silvered in graphite. Amongst the innumerable structures, standing taller than any other building, was the Tokyo Tower, shaped rather recognisably after a certain landmark of France.

In fact, at a first glance to the unfamiliar eye, the whole sketch might likely have been mistaken for Paris. Further scrutinisation would reveal an interesting fact. The city was strangely empty. It portrayed none of the life that bustled through great major cities, nor any sort of life at all. Yet the skyline itself seemed to tower out of the flat page and into the supreme dimension of reality. That was how realistic it appeared.

With each section Soledad moved to, she shifted a smaller, unmarked piece of paper under her drawing hand to prevent unnecessary smudges.

words: 314 // tag: #jas // notes:

Last edited by Summer on 8/2/2014, 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private) Empty Re: Fear Is A Type Of Magic. It Enchants Your Soul. (Private)

Post by Sammy 8/1/2014, 1:59 pm

Ari's head pokes up out of her tea, causing the large teardrop jewel on her hair chain to jingle softly, as she catches the sound of pencil on paper. It wasn't that loud, but the slightest interruption to a peaceful silence could set this girl off.

Oh, gods, please don't kill her.

Ari, instead, slowly stands up on the table, brushing off her ankle-length red rag skirt (Which went very well with her white cotton top). Her light green flats made no sound as she used the bench as a step to reach the floor. She slowly began to make her way over to the girl with the paper, her curiosity overwhelming her. Battle plans, maybe? Ooh, yes, she would love that. It wouldn't be that rare, either, considering the upcoming threat of the Romans and such. Maybe this was an Athena kid, searching for the best method of attack.

But as she neared the girl, she saw no such thing. Only large spires of unfinished buildings against a to-be-created skyline. Sighing with disappointment, she turned back around. She should probably get going. The lunch crowd would be here any minute. Now, that was loud.

Ari, however, was still a bit curious as of the details of the drawing. So she turned back around and silently leaned over the paper, observing the unfinished artwork and rolling her eyes. Art was such a waste of time. There might be a war coming, and the whole camp was just laying back and do stupid things like drawing.
    Summer
    Summer

Female

Post by Summer 8/2/2014, 4:13 am

soledad montez
    Almost done with the sketch, Soledad cast a trained eye over her drawing with a last flourish, as if looking for areas she missed out—though she already knew there was none. The whole city was ingrained in her mind, down to the very last tile. Suddenly, Soledad noticed that there was something off about the paper. What—oh. It occurred to her that someone's shadow was covering a quarter of the buildings. She was unable to see the lines clearly.

"Would you move?" Soledad said absently, her tone mellow and utterly placid, like she was politely refusing an offered biscuit.

words: 101 // tag: #jas // notes:
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/2/2014, 2:39 pm

That line would be the perfect place for an offensive position. And if we had the defensive along the skyline area, we could corner and possibly take out their defensive. And if we hide some along the median of the road, we could...

Ari's mind had transferred the entire paper into a map of the camp, each line being a possible route for attack. She was interrupted from her planning, however, when she heard the girl say something. After a while, she realized what it had been.

Oh, snap. Here we go again.

"My apologies. Just trying to do something productive around here, unlike most people," She said, sighing and turning on her toe before walking back off.

Well, that went well. No death threats, no cursing in Hindi. I think she might be getting better with that temper of hers.
    Summer
    Summer

Female

Post by Summer 8/3/2014, 10:29 am

soledad montez
    Soledad didn't really care what the camper said, so long she got that shadow off the paper. There. The daughter of Phobos thickened a last line, and put down the pencil on the bench. Tilting the paper so that accumulated eraser dust rolled off, Soledad scanned the piece. She closed her eyes and envisioned the whole drawing in her head, then opened them again. Satisfied, she stood up, picking up her stationery and pushing them into her jeans pocket. The pencil stuck out defiantly.

Soledad then picked up the paper, carrying it toward the nearest brazier, where a fire flickered merrily. Dropping the whole drawing in the flames, she watched as the heat first darkened the centre of the paper, forming a charred hole. Luminous orange alowly ate at the edges of the hole, which curled itself into dark grey ash. Smoke rose from the brazier as particles of soot swirled in the air.

words: 154 // tag: #jas // notes:
    i keep typing phobos as photos damn
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/3/2014, 11:22 pm

Ari rolled her eyes as the girl didn't reply, simply stalking off and burning the paper, making it an even bigger waste of time. Gods, she was so done with this camp.

Ari turned to strut away, maybe to do some training or heavy meditating or something like that.

Wait wait wait. You can't leave! We're in the middle of something, Ari! Just... And... Stop!

Thank the gods that the girl had some type of curiosity, because not even I have any control over her.

Ari stopped in her tracks as she felt some sort of pull back towards the girl. Crap. Almost every time she felt that pull, it meant trouble, and trouble called to her like a cracker to a bird.

She turned back around and began to walk towards the girl, stopping in front of the fire, standing next to the girl. Was this some type of... practice in American culture? Do people burn whatever they put their time into. "Why would you do something like that?" she asked, with a mix of curiosity and anger in her voice.
    Summer
    Summer

Female

Post by Summer 8/4/2014, 4:05 am

soledad montez
    Soledad turned away from the heat of the brazier to face her addresser. She had never spoken to the camper before, but Soledad recognised her from cabin twenty.

In fact, a name Soledad had seen written in the camper list came to mind. Upahara Bagya Yatra. Unusual name in America, but not for one of the girl's race. Therefore, Soledad guessed this was probably her. After all, there weren't too many Indian campers around campus.

Soledad studied the girl in response to her question. The girl seemed annoyed, angry even—she seemed like the quick-tempered, full of attitude type, Soledad noticed.

After contemplating for a few seconds, the daughter of Phobos finally said, "Are you asking because you really want to know, or because you want to start something?"

words: 129 // tag: #jas // OOC:
    uh jas i just realised.. ari's mortal parent was her mother?
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/4/2014, 12:50 pm

Ooc: Her adoptive mother. She found her on the side of the road, after being abandoned.

Bic: At the question, Ari realized how much her rage was showing, and close her eyes, letting it seep down under her skin. She opened her eyes again, putting on a fake smile. "I'm trying to learn more about American culture, you see. Do you typically burn your artwork here?" She said, almost gagging at herself.

Ari brushes her hair over her right shoulder, running it through her fingers and staring at the fire, her ADHD starting to get a rare grip on her. She shook it off, extending a hand to the girl. "I'm Ari," she said, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at the stupidity of her tone. "Daughter of Hecate."
    Summer
    Summer

Female

Post by Summer 8/5/2014, 10:16 am

soledad montez
    The girl closed her eyes as if pushing down her anger and then put on a rather forced smile. Not fooled, Soledad did not react.

At the camper's response, the daughter of Phobos raised her eyebrows lightly. "That's nice of you. I'd like to learn about Asian culture too. Do you typically insult someone before offering to shake their hand?"

She was simply teasing, of course, but her tone sounded so matter-of-fact that most people would've been mislead or confused. Soledad looked at Ari lazily for another moment, before lifting her lips in a slight but genuine smile.

"I'm Soledad," she shook Ari's hand carefully, before withdrawing her own—Soledad didn't want to spark the girl's anger. She seemed like a fuse that could go off any moment. "Daughter of Phobos."

words: 131 // tag: #jas // OOC:
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 7:52 pm

Ari was seriously about to strangle this girl. However, she pushed the anger she felt down to save it for another time, preferably when she was in the middle of training or battle. "Sorry about what I said earlier. I'm just really focused on this whole war thing going on with the Romans," She aid, giving her a semi-genuine smile.

"But, in complete honesty, I am curious as to why you would burn your artwork," She said, staring at the glowing flames, before she realized that she'd seen people do thing like that before. With food, right?

"Oh. Sacrificial?" She said, pretty sure she'd figured it out. She'd never really done that. It hit her too closely. At home, her mother had made her light the fires to honor the various Hindi goddesses. Of course, seeing that was all superstition, she didn't usually participate in the offerings. And maybe one day she would get struck down for that, but she didn't care. No, really, she honestly didn't.
    Summer
    Summer

Female

Post by Summer 11/6/2014, 1:08 am

soledad montez
    Soledad could hear the gentle crackle of the fire as it finished devouring the paper. She nodded in response to Ari's apology. "It's fine, everyone's a little irate right now."

Soledad brushed off eraser dust from her shirt, then said abruptly, "I don't keep souvenirs. You could see it that way too, I guess."

The daughter of Phobos wondered if Ari really cared. Now that Soledad had gotten into a conversation, probably the first time that week, she decided that there was no harm continuing. Soledad stared inscrutably into the girl's eyes, her head tilted a slight degree to the left. "Does it bother you?"

words: 105 // tag: #jas // notes:
    sorry for the late reply, my holidays just started

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 7:41 am