A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long Empty Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long

Post by Sammy 10/24/2014, 10:24 pm

Gods, why is she always up so early? You know, its getting really annoying, having to wake up at the break of dawn so I can narrate. I mean, does it look like I'm a farmer? No. I'm an author. And not a very energetic one at that. In fact, one of the main reasons I even do this is because I thought I'd get to sleep in. Really, do you think I'm doing it because I'm good at it? Ahahaha, no.

Anyway, it was early. The arena was empty. Well, almost empty. In the center of the arena floor, an annoyingly early-riser stood, practicing offensive moves on a cloth dummy. The mannequin was in terrible shape by now, but she just kept practicing, hair flying everywhere.

She wore her usual training clothes, a gray sweatshirt and black leggings. Gods, you have no idea how sick I get of people asking me why she's not wearing a sari or something. I don't know. Like, seriously, I don't control her. I just narrate the soulless beast. But I imagine its pretty hard to train in a sari.

She stopped momentarily, panting slightly as she stepped to the side of the arena and took a sip of her water. It was a bit chilly, and she rubbed her hands together in their black fingerless gloves, removing her bronze, ruby and emerald studded knuckledusters with a swift motion.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long Empty Re: Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long

Post by Guest 10/24/2014, 10:54 pm

Hayden Jennings was always unusually happy in the morning. He didn't know what it was that made him all bright and shiny he just was.
    But he wasn't playing with swords. That's hilarious, Hayden is not good with swords. Hayden was jogging, he finds himself doing that a lot. He jogs everyday at the same time. He's like clockwork, it's terrifying.
    Hayden was making his way down his usual route, he would go to the area and then the chariot track and maybe the hill. the idiot kept on
    Hayden's unreasonably messy hair was covered by a navy hoodie and as he jogged, Hayden looked around at the arena. It was almost empty, almost...wait, Ari? Hayden remembered Ari from the observatory. The day was a blur for the Australian, but all he remembered was that the idiot kept on staring at her.
    "Ari!" God dammit Hayden. He shouldn't of done that, he should've kept jogging. Now he has to talk, and then he's going to stare and make a fool out of himself.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long Empty Re: Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long

Post by Sammy 10/24/2014, 11:09 pm

Ari gave a bit of a sigh as she used her shirt to polish off her weapons, thinking deeply. Mornings are what I like to call her "philosophical time". Basically, when she's too tired to keep her mind completely straight set on one topic, so she drifts over into, like, the purpose of life and tea and stuff.

She was thinking about who knows what (I stopped trying to figure that out a long time ago) when she heard her name being called out of the misty morning air. Looking up with a squinted glare, she searched for the source of the voice, until she noticed Hayden. She almost smiled, sliding her weapons into her shoulder bag and jogging over to meet him.

"Pleasure meeting you here," She greeted, folding her hands and doing a slight bow--before realizing that this was America, and people were weird and didn't do that. She brushed off the gesture, placing her hands behind her back. "Are you usually awake this early?" She asked, trying to remember if she'd seen him when shed been out here before. He'd probably jogged by many times, and she'd just never noticed. She was pretty focused on training. Or tea.

By the way, the answer to that question is no. No one is usually awake this early. Except for you and the poor narrator who's forced to follow you.

Post by Guest 10/25/2014, 10:39 am

Hayden grinned as Ari jogged. He shouldn't be grinning. He should be all chill and be casual with the girl standing before him. But after the observatory he felt all weird around her. Like...weird feeling in his stomach every time she comes in radius of him.
    "Up and early every day. I uh, like to jog." I uh, I like to jog?? Look how smooth Hayden Jennings is. You might as well just have Cupid bash his head over with the whole sack of arrows. Hayden laughed, now putting his hands in his pockets, "What about you? Why are you up? I mean, besides the fact that you were using your sword...I mean that's probably why you're her early.." Dork of the year, everyone.

Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 10/25/2014, 4:26 pm

Oh, are you really? Are you really always awake this early? If so, you two deserve each other. Gods, I hate morning people. So happy and peppy. I bet he's lying, you know. It would be like him. I mean, he's obviously some deceptive player...or maybe some demonic creature in disguise waiting for her to fall for him so he can rip her apart and drag her through the pits of hell. Yes! That's it!

Look out, Hayden Jennings. I know your secret.

"Oh, it's not a sword. It's actually...Never mind," She began, but then stopped herself. "Yes. Mainly training. I'm usually up very early, as well."

"As well". Gods, Ari. I mean, I'm not helping you with this one, but you definitely need some help when it comes to social interaction.

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 10:52 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long Bjimb8

This is the part where Hayden Jennings begins to stare at Ari.

Now, don't get him wrong it's not that Ari is ugly and that's why he doesn't want to stare at her. It was the exact opposite really. Hayden finds Ari really attractive to be honest. But hah, he doesn't really realize that. All Hayden really knows is that his stomach does flips whenever he sees her. Which is the worst, like seriously the worst.

Gaaah why can't Ari have moles on her face and laugh like a pig?

"I'm horrible with my sword,"
    Hayden laughed, fixing his hood, "I don't use much, any way so it doesn't really matter." Hayden, stop it.  
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 11/6/2014, 5:42 pm

"Well, there are the fighters and there are those to be fought for. A fight is impossible without both," She responded, pulling out one of the pair of decorative weapons and brushing its blade lightly.

Oh, yes. That's a great way to make friends. Talk about fighting in an ominous way while gazing at your very sharp and very pointy stick of death. Way to go, Ari. You've got it all figured out.

"I could help," She offered, turning her brown eyes back up towards his own. "With training, of course. Only if you wish, though."

Gods. Kill me now. I can't sit here and watch this "social interaction" continue. Really, like, we need to get you in a shrink's office or something so you can learn how to deal with people. Or an asylum.

Ooh, an asylum? High security, of course, so that this 'Hayden' (which obviously isn't his real name) can't sneak in a and steal her soul. Not that I care.

Post by Guest 11/20/2014, 10:12 pm

"Really?" Hayden's voice cracked a bit when he got to the 'e'.
    Hayden Jennings was happy about Ari's offer, and happy might be an understatement But we're going to keep it as happy because we are not here to embarrass the poor son of Zelos, or we are, I can't seem to recall.

Any who...wait, did Ari say 'those to be fought for'?? Yes, Hayden is fairly certain she did. That's very exciting to the teenager, but he might be stretching this a little bit. What the boy got from that was Ari could be the fighter and Hayden can be the person to be fought for. It sounded right in his head, anyway. But Hayden couldn't comment about that out loud of course because his could not possibly achieve a whole new level of awkwardness in this maybe five minute conversation. Hayden seriously could not deal with that. So, he kept quiet and instead of saying what he wanted to, he said, "I would love to! Or like to whatever word you would prefer to substitute in."
    Let us all take a few steps back and appreciate the loser called Hayden. Only he could make mornings so unbelievably odd.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 11/30/2014, 10:21 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long Tumblr_mxnzsq0bSW1s6pukzo1_500

"Oh. Really? Most people don't accept," She said, a bit surprised. Yet another reason you shouldn't trust him. No sane person would except lessons from you. Or should I say...no sane human.

"Well...er...would you like to start now?" She asked nervously, actually feeling a bit awkward with his decision. "I know where they keep some spare swords." She said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear and she stared down at her knuckledusters. "Or I could show you some defensive moves" She suggested lightly and quietly.

OOC: sory for the wait and the short post!

Post by Guest 12/6/2014, 9:12 pm

"I can't imagine why they don't." Hayden commented. He smiled, fiddling with the ends of his hoodie. He was excited for this lesson of sorts. It gives him something to do. If he didn't see Ari when he did, he would lap around and then go back to the over stuffed minor gods cabin. He was very glad to see Ari, to say the least.

"Defense sounds cool, unless you have anything else in mind. Because that would be fine too." Though, he would much rather do defense with Ari. To be honest with you all, he would be dreadfully embarrassed if she saw him fail at using a sword. He would figure that it would go a little like him stabbing himself  in the foot or something and being dragged away by angry Apollo kids while she laughed. Delightful.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/8/2014, 12:00 am

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older? Then we wouldn't have to wait so long Tumblr_my815iHUju1s88ak5o3_250

Oh, gods, how to approach this. Okay, Ari, we need to think this through. We can't just go roll out samurai warrior on this kid, we need a strate-

Ari? Ari, what are you doing? Oh, gods, this isn't going to end well.

"Well, let's see what you can do, first," She said, clearing her throat awkwardly and jogging back towards the middle of the arena, standing loosely and almost care-free. Like a normal person.

"Hit me," she urged, clapping her hands and chewing her bottom lips, waiting. "Come on, I've been through worse. Just hit me. I'll be fine."

Ooc: permission to change fcs halfway through an RP? Yes, because I'm helplessly looking at the worst fcs ever at this point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 9:51 pm