A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Chilling at the beach

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Chilling at the beach Empty Chilling at the beach

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/21/2014, 7:01 pm

Jane sat on a dull dark blue towel on the beach, her axe glistening in the warm sunlight by her side. She enjoyed the warmth of the sun on her skin, the way it made the water shimmer like sliver. She wore a black sleeveless t-shirt, with dark blue shorts and surprising dark grey trainers. Her hair had been dyed a dark purple and hung loosely around her neck. It would have been difficult to tell from the fact that she was sitting down but Jane happened to be one of the tallest girls at the Camp, six foot four in height.
    She shuffled on the towel feeling restless, part of her wanting to swim in the cooling water, part of her looking for trouble. Jane found life to be difficult at the Camp, she was used to constant danger, the safety of the Camp well was always off putting to someone used to keeping a constant vigil for danger and being constantly paranoid with caution. This was paradoxically countered by apparent recklessness and insane bravado.

She waited for the arrival of her friends, who she agreed to meet at the beach for an adventure, telling of stories, swimming and perhaps some lunch to eat. Maybe even there would be a few fights? Friendly of course, but conflict was always something which would liven things up for her. Camp could be so boring and dull at time, particularly through her eyes.
    Some of the other Campers found ways to pass the time through finding themselves boyfriends or girlfriends. Jane however did not have a relationship, her reputation of being rather prone to violence while it made her popular with the Ares children, left the other kids wary of her. Few boys were brave or foolhardy enough to try and capture Jane's heart.

Who could blame them really? Jane smiled knowing that the last guy who tried hitting on her, he became a rapid annoyance. She solved the issue quite simply by breaking his nose. He never bothered her again, surprising that.
    Jane often got the results she wanted from the methods that she employed.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Chilling at the beach Empty Re: Chilling at the beach

Post by Brastus 11/21/2014, 7:35 pm

Damien walked around proudly. After five months of intense exercise he was able to literally morph his once muscular body to a completely state of utter rippedness. He was once handsome and well-built, now he was even more good-looking and looked even better than the marble depictions of Ares in old Rome. He was quite proud of his build and liked it, though he wasn't going to show off since showing off was narcissistic and he hated vain people.

Since he wasn't going to show off intentionally, he decided to wear a shirt, but much to his surprise, the shirt barely fit him and the sleeves did not fit his arm size, so he opted to cut them off himself, hence reducing his V-neck trademark black shirt into a V-neck wife beater. Over his shirt he wore his trademark dagger-like necklace, and used dark military pants with a belt made out of the pieces of several locks wrapped around his waist. He also wore heavy military boots and used a leather glove on his sword hand. Damien had his black hair fitted with constant, short pointy spikes already built from short hair itself. At the base of his hairline, he allowed a few strands to hang just above his forehead. He also didn't notice it much, but he was significantly taller than before. Before he stood at 6'5, but now he stood at 6'8, a height he thought was perfect for a son of Ares. His infamous blue eyes were still the same, as well as his Spanish olive skin.

As Damien strided around the warm sand and took in the heat of the blazing sun, he noticed a girl, a girl with purple hair and a large axe to her side. He didn't know her but she looked tough. So he walked up to her and tried to put on the best good guy greeting he could. However, it came out wrong.

"So, you are the new tough girl I've heard about. Betcha ya know how to swing that axe you got their pretty well am I right?" Said Damien to the girl in the towel as he crossed his impressive arms across his chest.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/21/2014, 7:53 pm

Jane looked up to see Damien. The new girl term was not correct, she had been at Camp Half-blood for a couple of years now. Though she decided not to point this out to him, he did look rather impressive, all those muscles. He would make for a good warrior, strong, brave, currently the image of what someone could imagine a hero to be.
    She replied with a slim smile with her Finnish accent. "Well nice to meet you too and yes I can and do." Jane had a small axe so that she could swing it one handed. It was very handy in the close confines of ships, or on their rigging. Jane preferred to fight on a boat rather than dry land, though she was equally adept at fighting there.

"So..." She began. "I see you must have been working out a lot." Now this was novel, a boy actually taller than herself. Much to Jane's frustration she commonly found boys who were either the same height as she was or smaller than her. She made no attempt to get up however shuffled slightly over to the left, taking her axe with her. "Feel free to sit down if you would like?" Jane offered to him, deciding it would be much easier to converse with him if he was sitting down. Jane usually got on well with the sons and daughters of Ares. One of them in the past famously even managed to take her on a date briefly, nothing happened really. They ended up in a fight, in which neither won but became good friends as a result afterwards.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 11/21/2014, 8:11 pm

Damien smiled at the girl back and promptly sat down beside her. This girl had a charming accent that Damien quickly took notice off. He didn't know which country she was from, but she was clearly European. As he sat down he allowed himself to relax by propping one leg over the sand and letting the other one relax over the warm grains. He then turned his head around to meet her face.

"Hmm, that accent. I'm guessing you're an Euro mutt like me huh? I'm from Spain, but that's supposed to be obvious. You though, I can't pick up. I know it's not French since my crazy ex is French, and one of my best friends is German so that takes Germany off the list took. It's way too romantic for being Italian and it's softness makes it clearly not Russian." Began Damien as he tried to inspect her origin country. He also too the opportunity to start off some innocent flirting with her. He did it by adding a few key words, but experience had taught him to be subtle instead of blunt. The last time he came out and confessed his feelings for a girl, a daughter of Neptune mind you, he got splashed with a tidal wave. It was worth it though since he managed to steal a kiss from her slightly salty lips. Painful, but worth it. He didn't want to actually impress this girl, he was just being his natural self. It was in his nature to be a flirt even if he didn't want to.

"Oh, um, sorry...my name's Damien. Son of that bastard good-for-nothing Ares and de-facto Lieutenant of Cabin Five. at your service." Greeted the tall man who purposely rolled his r's so he could denote his Spanish origins. It was only fair that he used his accent since she already did it. He smirked at her as he finished greeting at her. It wasn't a seductive smirk but rather a confident, yet not overwhelmingly so gesture of his personality.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 11/21/2014, 8:53 pm

OOC: Brastus, Damian was never approved as the lieutenant of cabin 5. And since you just came back, I'll have to wait a bit before considering giving your character that position.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 11/21/2014, 9:37 pm

OOC: AWWW, can he be Lieutenant? please ( also I put De-facto as in unofficial for that reason)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 11/21/2014, 9:42 pm

OOC: It is not only my decision. I'll talk with it to Lila. As of now, you just came back, so no.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/23/2014, 1:34 am

Jane disliked the term Euro Mutt, she bristled visible her eyes flashing with brief indignation. "Firstly I am no Euro Mutt." She spat the term out like it left a bad taste in her mouth. "Secondly I am Finnish." Jane only really lived over here because her mom decided to move. She face precious little choice in the matter otherwise. After correcting him as well as informing him where she hailed from, she calmed down slightly though her mind tempted Jane with images of him with a broken nose.
    However today was not for punching Ares children which sometimes would go badly, or work to her favour. Particularly if she managed to triumph over them in battle.

She failed to notice his flirt, too busy focusing on what she believed to be an insult. "I'm Jane nice to meet you Damien." Jane said introducing herself in turn though not introducing who her father was. For some reason she only ever felt it was proper to say when someone inquired. It seemed rude to mention him when no one cared to ask, though she felt sure the god took offence when Jane did not automatically say, or when someone did not ask or even when someone did inquire. She remained mute on the topic of Ares' being a 'bastard good for nothing' somehow upsetting the god of war felt like a stupid idea. Almost as dumb as playing Russian roulette with a full clip.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 11/23/2014, 11:03 pm

Damien was caught aback by her words a bit. He didn't understand why she was took so much offense in his words, but guessed he wounded her pride a bit, so he could relate a bit. He sat up and formed a semi crouching position. The day sure was beautiful and calmed. He took a deep breath in and relaxed once again.

"Sorry for the Euro Mutt thing. I just meant that you have a pretty accent. I'm not good with words ya see. Also what a nice name. Jane. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs: Diary of Jane. Anyways. It's a pleasure to meet you Jane." Informed Damien as he gave her a smirk. As a sign of courtesy he extended his fist to her. It was meant as a handshake, well a weird one since he had the thought that by bumping fists together one can relate to each other. He fumbled a bit after not receiving a responding fist bump again and grew a bit worried.

"Um, this is how I greet people back in the Ares Cabin." Began Damien as he awkwardly kept his fist up. "Anyways, enough small talk! You have a nice-looking axe and I've got a great sword! Put one plus one together and well…" he stammered a bit. He found it a bit hard to challenge girls to fight, as well as asking them out, although he wasn't asking her out in any way.

"Do you wanna have a little sparring session here?" He asked with the typical confidence of the Sons of Ares. His smile was bright and his eyes lit up. He clearly liked fighting. He sure liked fighting a lot more than he liked swimming, since he didn't know how to swim. He grew physically excited, but not too excited as if he was going to pounce at her at any moment. More like how a child gets when his dad tells him that he will buy him a new toy. He got up from the sand and extended his hand to Jane so he could help her get up if she wanted to fight. A few minutes later he summoned his own weapon by grabbing is necklace and smashed it between his fingers. Upon breaking his pendant a fiery orb of writhing flames enveloped his hand and from the burning fires that were held in his palm a black-colored celestial bronze sword with a skull design on the guard and a dark, blood-red ruby on the pommel appeared. It was a weapon fit for a man of his size and looked liked it required the use of both hands in order to swing it effectively. Although Damien just grabbed it with one hand and slammed the blade against the sand, burying the sword's metal against the grains. He made sure not to splash Jane with sand as he did that since it would be bad for him and did it as a sign of his excitement.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/29/2014, 6:29 pm

After a moment of consideration, Jane fist bumped him. Just because she several of her best friends where sons and daughters of Ares did not mean that she herself knew all their quirks. She watched him coolly, her eyes flickering with amusement. Truthfully, she preferred the company of the Ares children compared to her own half brothers and sisters. They were generally as a whole, honest, you knew where you stood with them.
    But probably more often than not Jane could count on them to back her up if need be, besides most were fine with Jane being around their cabin. A few of them had even been beaten by her in combat, something they never really forgot or got over.

"Is that what you do with all the girls you meet?" She asked quizzically but clearly it was a joke at his expense. A bit of a flirtatious one at that. Yet who cared really? Jane was single so she could flirt with who she ruddy well liked in her opinion.
    "Yeah sure if another one of you sons of the God of War wants to be defeated by me who am I to deny them of that pleasure." She smiled, grabbed hold of her axe and getting to her feet, using his hand to help herself up.
    "No killing, no lobbing off heads, limbs or generally actually killing someone." She informed him, holding her axe one handed as she took a few steps backwards. It was frowned upon at Camp to actually kill another Camper, so it always paid to remind whoever you spared against of it, as well as yourself.
    Jane did not want to kill any of the Ares' kids, even on accident as doing so would probably wipe out a large portion of her friendship group.

"Do you want to surrender now or later?" She teased, knowing that the tempers of the Ares' children, particularly some of them made them much easier to beat.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 12/26/2014, 12:48 am

Damien scratched the back of his head for a quick moment in confusion of his words. He had this honest to god stupid grin to his face that he could not help but maintain. However, be it his charm or be it his true personality, he conked his head to hers and smirked wildly. He liked this girl's wild and brave attitude. She sure was like some people from his cabin. He looked down at her and proceeded to smile at her after releasing a jovial laugh.

"I like ya kid! Your braver than most people around here. Most people here would just say no and run away with their tails behind their arse if I told em to fight me. You are an interesting fella ya know!" Smiled the muscular and tanned male with the black leather jacket and the confident yet comforting smile. He made sure to keep his tone casual yet cheerful and upbeat. He wasn't the loud, bombastic fellow some people knew him to be, lest he scared the crap out of this potential sword-friend er axe-friend. Axe-maiden? Ah! to hell with boring terms! Why must we name everything! The only thing Damien knew was that he liked the energy coming off this girl.

"Here's the deal mate, if I win, you go out on a date with me!" blurted out Damien with a sarcastic smirk and a cross of his strong arms. He wasn't really serious about the topic but he wanted to see what sort of reaction would escape this fellow. Maybe she would get mad, maybe she would get excited, maybe she would slam that impressive axe of her's against his black-haired head of his. He just wanted to see what kind of person she was. He was hoping for the playful and cynical type himself. The ones who weren't easy to get at all! For an easy date he would just flex at the daughters of Aphrodite...and that was so banal and unoriginal it was boring!
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/26/2014, 4:09 am

She rolled her eyes before replying. "A spoils of war date? Fair enough and what do I get if..." She paused. "Sorry when I win." Jane was deliberately trying to get under his skin, if she could trigger his temper, he might be easier to take down. The secret lay in knowing which buttons to punch. It seemed odd that someone would want her to go on a date with them, especially after a fight, but it would only happen after they won of course.
    Which in turn would mean that Jane lost the resulting clash of arms, something she intended not to do.

Unsurprisingly, Jane didn't go on too many dates with anyone. Her temper and habit of punching people who annoyed her placed her squarely in the off limits, because generally it wasn't safe to flirt with her. Usually only the bravest, foolish or those who somehow believed that they might be successfully able to claim her heart attempted. So far, all failed, some did go out with her for a bit, but usually said the wrong thing or performed some act with she took affront too. Relationships kinda end when the girlfriend throws everything she has at hand at you, this can be particularly dangerous when fore-mentioned girlfriend is practising with throwing weapons.

Always a good time that... Still most boys never attempted to flirt or date Jane because she could be unpredictable. However as normal there always were a few brave fools who mistaking believed they were the love she longed for. If she wanted love all she need do is flirt with an Aphrodite kid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 7:03 pm