A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Lunch Break

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Lunch Break  Empty Lunch Break

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 7:50 pm

Derek walked into the mess hall and exhaled once he felt the cool air go over his body. He was followed by Justin and Alex who, which seemed like, were also hungry. "So, where shall we sit?"He asked them as he scanned the room for an empty table. Usually the demigods would have to sit at their assigned tables, but he was sure no one was going to reinforce that rule.
    This would be the first time Derek would sit with a group that didn't include his siblings.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Registration date : 2014-12-15

Lunch Break  Empty Re: Lunch Break

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 7:57 pm

Justin walked into the Mess Hall, following Derek. He pointed to one of the empty tables, near the edge. "How about over there?" Justin was starving, he could eat a satyr, although he wouldn't say that to anyone.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male
    Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2014-12-24

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 8:07 pm

Lunch was almost finished when they came. Some kids are already stacking up some plates but some are still busy finishing their meals. The room was still crowded but not as crowded as before seeing that there are empty tables already. The table assignment shouldn't really matter now seeing that Alexander doesn't even have a cabinmate around anymore except for those assigned to clean. Children of war gods does tend to eat fast. He scanned the available food for what's left and there are still plenty for everyone to get another serving. It's always a mystery as to where the left over food is going, he just hopes that it's not recycled to be lunch tommorow. "Why don't we sit there? That table seems to be the cleanest." Alexander sat down, the table smells of lavander and roses in particular parts, a single thought came to him thinking that it's the Aphrodite's. Compared to the messy table he has been sharing with his fellow minor war god children, this table is really a rare sight.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 8:18 pm

Derek glanced between Alex and Justin. "Looks fine to me." He shrugged and sat down across from the son of Deimos. He smiled a bit before getting up again. "I'm gonna go ahead and get some food before I get too comfortable." He stated and went into the lunch line.

He had made up his mind about what he was going to eat, but decided to chance his mind and get something else. After standing there for about fourty-five seconds, he decided to get a bowl of shrimp gumbo along with some baked bread. He took in a deep breath, smelling the Cajun dish that reminded him of his week trip to New Orleans in Louisiana. After he got what he wanted Derek headed back to the table where him and his new friends were sitting.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 9:01 pm

When Derek sat down, Justin rose towards the line. "Fooooood, soouup." He moaned. He made it to the counter and took about 5 plates? He had soup, shrimp, steak, chicken. He went over to the fire and burnt some potatoes to Aphrodite and sat down next to Derek and Alex.

"Hey Derek, look, potatoes. We were talking about potatoes before." He looked at their disgusted faces as they watched him eat plate after plate of food.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 9:11 pm

Alexander followed Derek through the line. It was a bit shorter that normal since the other kids were just grabbing a second serving. He looked back and forth at the heap of ham and the roasted chicken, he went ahead and grabbed a bit of both. He also took slices of steak and some mushroom soup. He proceeded to take a big scoop of mashed potato and slammed it right into his plate and drizzled it with gravy as well as a platter of baked baby potatoes. Before returning to the table, he went ahead and burnt a piece of steak for his God parent. After he took his serving and burnt some offerings, he went back and sat on the table. "Potatoes!? I love potatoes." Alexander smiled.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 9:15 pm

He raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "What's with you and potatoes?" He asked as he gestured toward the stratchy vegetable. Derek watched as Justin started to consume each plate one by one. "You sure can put it away, pretty boy." He mumbled as he started to eat his own food. The shrimp gumpo tasted like it was freshly made. "Oh I forgot my drink!"He quickly got up and headed to the food table, grabbed two goblets, and headed back to the table.

"Here, Broski."The son of Demeter handed Justin while he sat down. "No need to thank me."

Derek turned his attention to Alex. He had a healthy portion of meat on his plate. "So, Alex. Where are you from?"He asked as he took another spoonful of gumpo into his mouth.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 9:21 pm

Now, all three of them had plates full of food, a well-deserved lunch. Even though Justin hadn't worked at all. "Hey, don't call me pretty boy. And potatoes are nice, full of carbs. I have to keep my good looks somehow, although you might not know much about that. Justin began to laugh, he had meant it as a joke but Justin was very self-conscious about his image.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 9:27 pm

Alexander swallowed a spoonfull of ham and steak. It tastes somehow better if he's tired. "Me? I'm from New York, although we lived in Indianapolis before that." Indianapolis was his hometown, it sucks that some people mistake it that Indianapolis is in India, it's not okay?, that would be his response to each person asking if it's in India. It was a quiet place, quite different from the loud and busy New York. He then took a spoonfull of mashed potatoes and stuffed it in his mouth. "Mhmm, Howh bhout yhou guhuys?", He said with a mouthfull
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 9:37 pm

Derek frowned a bit at Justin when he made a remark about his looks. He narrowed his eyes before smiling again. I'll simply get him later. He thought to himself before causing one of his potatoes to roll on the floor. "I hope you like posion ivy." He whispered.

Before Justin could say anything, looked at Alex. "I'm from Cape Town, South Africa." He answered and smiled proudly. "But I moved to Tennessee when I was about five years old." Derek touched his gold armbrace that had tribal writing engraved in it. The arm brace concealed his double sided battle axe.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 9:44 pm

Justin heard Derek's whisper, but wasn't too bugged about it. He spun around to Alex."Me, I am from Brooklyn, very local." He thought about poison ivy, Justin could do much worse. Ruin his love life, but he wouldn't do that to Derek. Mix up Derek's shampoo with hair dye, that would be funny.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 9:56 pm

Alexander finally managed to swallow his mashed potatoes. Alexander pierced some ham with his fork and made a big bite. "It's always nice to meet new people. He smiled and took another bite. He heard Derek whisper something about poison ivys, he decided to ignore it anyways. Alexander smirked, it might just be a start of something fun.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 10:04 pm

Derek nodded in agreement and went back to eating his meal. The son of Demeter was half way finished before saying something else. "Ya know, I honestly don't feel like going back to fields.." He stated and rubbed his forehead. It had been a long hot day and he wouldn't mind spending it somewhere else. Maybe the beach, forest or even the arena. Anywhere except the fields.
    He cleared his throat and looked at Alex. "So, do you have any special powers?"
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 10:11 pm

Justin had just finished 5 whole plates of food, he was finally full. "I'm definitely not going back to the fields, I don't want to have to wash these shoes again." Justin laid back in his chair, almost falling off of it, drawing laughs from the other two. Oops. To be honest, Justin just wanted to curl up and sleep, but he thought he could spend the rest of the afternoon with Alex and Derek. Then go to sleep, of course.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 10:21 pm

Alexander forked some steak after finishing the ham. Special powers, yes, that's what Alexander likes the most of being a demigod. "Well yea, I have some. Although I don't really use most of them when in camp, some powers are just dangerous you know?" He smiled. He almost forgot, he is capable of knowing peoples deepest fears by a touch of a hand. He's always tempted to do it with people he encountered, but for now, he'll have to stop himself from doing so. "I can pretty much know people's fears" He said with a smirk
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 10:28 pm

"I have this one power, and it's really hard to explain. I have this kind of aura on the people around me which makes them feel - I don't actually know the ins and outs - sort of a feeling if love. It doesn't seem to be affecting you two, like I said, I don't know how it works.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 10:32 pm

The son of Demeter nodded slowly. He almost forgot that Alex was a son of terror itself which meant that his powers centered around people's fears. "Well that's...useful I guess. I hope no one would considered missing with you in that case." He laughed a bit and placed his hands on the table. Derek scratched the top of his head, glancing at the overly stuffed Justin, then back at Alex. Who knew that he would be friends with a son of love and a son of terror. I guess Fate is funny that way.
    He looked back over at Justin and shook his head. "Oh it works alright. I've been trying to resist your 'aura' for the past five minutes."He admitted, turning his head away. Maybe it worked on him because he was bisexual. Eh, hopefully the feeling will pass. If the gods willing.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 10:39 pm

Justin turned away, feeling guilty. He didn't want to affect his friends with this aura, he didn't want to change their opinions on him based on a power. "Oh, umm, sorry. There's not really a way I can control it, it's just there." He glanced at Alex. "So, you could know the thing I'm scared of the most, just by touching my hand, scary." Justin had never told anyone his fear, and he didn't intend to.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 10:54 pm

Derek waved his apoloize away and cracked his knuckles. "Don't feel bad. I know you can't help your passive ability."He stated and bit the inside of his cheek. "But don't be surpised if I comment you on your dreamy eyes or soft lips." He gave himself a mental facepalm and cleared his throat. "Uh, anyways. Alex. As you were saying."
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 10:56 pm

"Love eh? It would be a disaster for my first love to be a man" Alexander jokingly said. He grabbed the platter of baked potatoes and started to eat one by one with a fork. I do have a somewhat simmilar power. Instead of feeling love towards me, the feel fear towards me." Alexander took a quick pause to bite a potato, it might not be the best thing to talk about his terrifying powers but it's always fun for him to talk about it. "Don't worry about it, I won't be using that power anytime soon" He smiled and bit his baked potato once more.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 11:22 pm

"Well that's good to hear." He relaxed a bit and shifted on the lunch bench. Why did it have to be so uncomfortable? Derek swallowed a spoonful more of the gumpo and wiped his mouth with a napkin. " How long have you been here at camp?" He asked, giving a look around the mess hall before turning his attention back to Alex.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 11:31 pm

"Been a year and a half already. Haven't been socializing with people from other cabins really. He took another potato and bit it. It has been a year and a half, yet, the only ones he actually know well enough are those from his cabin as well as some of his friends. It's been a while since Alexander and his friends have been up to no good, they must be running out of ideas. He took a cup and grabbed the goblet, "I'm guessing that you've been staying longer here?" He asked as he poured himself some drinks.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/4/2015, 6:35 am

Justin wondered, Alex had been here longer than him. "I've only been here just over a year, best year of my life. Before that, not so much." Justin didn't enjoy talking about his childhood, it was a touchy subject. "Either of you been on a quest? I think it would be awesome. That's if you don't die while on it.

Last edited by DeadlyLynx on 1/4/2015, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/4/2015, 7:36 am

"Me? Haven't been yet, I don't even plan on doing any at the moment." Although, it did come up to Alexander's mind once and even now he's thinking what it would be like if the three of his best friends would ask him to do a quest with the four of them. It would probably be fun, heck no, it would be the best, all the possible things to mess with out there are countless considering the way the four of their minds work, the world's just like one huge wall to vandalize. But right now, he's too lazy to do those kind of things, working on the fields wasn't even something he wanted, it was just a punishment after being caught sneaking in some liquor disguised inside a grape juice bottle. He'd rather do video game quests than real life quests. "Also, How 'bout you Derek? Since we've shared our powers I think you should share yours too, huh?" He raised his eyebrows up and down with a big toothy grin.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/4/2015, 8:07 am

Derek listened to their conversation about going on a quest. He nodded here and there agreeing on some parts more than others. He smiled back at them and uncrossed his arms. "Well since I'm a son of Demeter, I can control plant life. It's callled chlorokinesis." He stated proudly and took a bite out of his bread. "I also got a bag of seeds that can grow anything." He was referring to the insta-seeds that he got as a present from his mother after their encounter in the fields.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:49 am