A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+7
beanie
Green
The Elven Hunter
Kwacken
HaleyTheRandom
Perca
Morgan Landry
11 posters

Prom 2015 Committee meeting

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Prom 2015 Committee meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: Prom 2015 Committee meeting

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2015, 12:35 pm

"I like the ice sculpture thing," Maddy said, pointing a finger at Billie. "You're a child of Khione right?" she asked as she pushed her shades up into her hair and scribbled the idea down on her paper block. (In Ancient Greek of course, she has major dyslexia and couldn't write an English word correctly to save her life.) Then she listened to Layla and cocked her head to the side. "That's a pretty good idea too. So one side would be a bit 17th century style with draperies and stuff and the other side would be all Star Wars with neons and lasers?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/14/2015, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2015, 12:37 pm

"Wasn't Star Wars a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? Star Trek with the gleaming metal and the holograms those little LCARS panels that people type ridiculously fast on!" Kane stopped, smiling sheepishly, "Sorry, not everything is musicals and plays."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2015, 12:45 pm

"I meant Star Trek. Sorry," she said, laughing at her own slip. "Now yeah we could definitely do that, granted the Hephaestus guys (she nodded at Jia Li) are willing to help us out with it. I mean, everything tech-y is your playground, right?"

She glanced down at her notes. "We just have to find the right amount of stuff, so like sleek black and white couches for the futuristic thing and blue neon lighting, and candles and pretty silks for the ancient part? Who's a History expert here?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Post by Perca 5/14/2015, 12:48 pm

"N-not ancient"I complained and cleared my throat. "I-I can take care o-of that. I-Is it going to be the theme f-for sure though?"I asked confused, since I had heard something about a vote from the kids in my cabin
    The Elven Hunter
    The Elven Hunter
    Grand Master Jedi

Male
    Number of posts : 398
    Registration date : 2015-04-08

Post by The Elven Hunter 5/14/2015, 1:32 pm

"It would take me a few days for the sculpture though. And yeah that's my mom. When we figure out which theme we are doing then I can get right on it." he said this with a smile and with a happy tone.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 5/14/2015, 1:52 pm

Narcissus looked at his prefectly manicured hands as he heard the group of prom preppers talked about the theme and such. "Well I can work with the decorations and music for prom. We need to get some of the Demeter or other earth god kids to grow some plants for the occasion. I'm sure someone here knows a few of them.". The son of Aphrodite exhaled, running his hand through his head. "I can set the vibe for the room? Maybe a Dionysus  kid and myself could create a romantic, partish aura in the room."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2015, 1:55 pm

"I can help with lighting a decoration. And I can grow tasty edible plants. Not so much anything else." Kane said, smiling, "But I'm not sure I want to make any thing romantic with you, man."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2015, 3:45 pm

"Awww you know you want tooo," Maddy teased both Narcissus and Kane. "In any case I was thinking that once everyone's here we do three groups: one to organize food, one to organize deco, one to organize entertainment. Four people in each group to balance everything out." She chewed on the end of her pen. "We don't know the theme for sure yet Layla, but we should know soon enough. In any case the two most likely themes are Superheroes and Time Travel so we should start working with that. And Billie, take all the time you need, we still have some time before prom. If you want you can also ask help from your siblings, that way you don't have to exhaust yourself, you know? As for plants, Narcissus... Yeah of course we need some flowers here and there but we shouldn't put too much in, know what I mean? I want this party to kick butt but I don't want it to be overloaded either. I really think that if we do plants for deco, we should grow them around the bar and buffet or something."
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 5/14/2015, 4:45 pm

"Hmmm." Her hand rested on her chin in thought. "I could see if the cabin could help rig up something for either themes." She answered. "Lets see....for time travel, depends on the era, we could try and make miniature sceneries of different time eras. For Superheros well, that might be kinda tricky if we were to, lets say, make a giant furtristic warlike the Batmobile." She had pitched in her ideas, just like anyone else. The res of the committee wasn't here yet so the final vote would have to wait.

Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Post by Break 5/14/2015, 4:50 pm

I spoke up "What we should consider is that super heros and time travel can be linked into the futuristic aspect but the past aspect furthest we can go is the 1930's as I'm pretty sure that captain America was classed as the worlds first super hero and these super heros have high tech bases in general so we could considers a few things." I said "And I'm pretty sure were gonna have to be careful as theirs bound to be a faulty invention costume kimd of thing knowing the Athena and Hesphaetus kids.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/14/2015, 6:27 pm

Narcissus rolled his eyes playfully. "Awww. It's cute how you thought you were the demigod I was talking about." He cooed, looking at Kane with a 'you wish' type of expression. He then turned his attention to Maddy and nodded his head. "I agree, we shouldn't over due it. Simple, but stylish." He crossed his leg and listened to the other ideas, mentally, agreeing and disagreeing.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2015, 6:32 pm

Kane put a hand to his face. "Dude, it's called sarcasm. I wouldn't date you if you paid me to. And," He turned away fromthe living breathing narcissist. "And Superhero or Time Travel. Not time travelling super heroes. Although that would be cool."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/15/2015, 6:06 pm

"To be honest if you Hephaestus people could cook up something mechanical, I'd love it to be some kinda Iron Man suit. Cause that'd rock," Maddy told Jia Li. "As for the mini-sceneries... It's really nice but it depends on how much room we have." She then listened to the others and grinned, chuckling. "I agree Kane that'd be hella. Imagine Iron Man in powdered wig and stockings," she smirked. "Anywaaaay. How about the outskirts of the party? Couples need some kind of quiet place to walk around and make out at, right Narcissus and Bella?" She winked at the two Aphrodite offsprings. "Maybe for Time Travel we could ask cabin four to trim us a garden à la Louis XIV, whatcha say?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 5/16/2015, 12:19 am

Demetrius Feilder ran into the room, breathing heavily. His black hair was plastered to his forehead with sweat from the exertion of running. He placed his hands on his hips and attempted to control his breathing. "S-sorry..." He gasped. He straightened out and ran a hand through his hair. "Sorry about that. Sorry about being late and stuff. I had, erm, a-a thing..." he swallowed raised his hands up and pulled them close to his chest, wringing them self consciously. "Didn't miss anything important did I?" he asked, quietly.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/16/2015, 2:13 pm

"Just discussing if we want Superheroes or Time Travel for a theme. Possible ice sculptures. Different scenes if we do time travel. Oh! We could do Marvel Vs. DC if we had superheroes. Do those as two.different scenes. A Metropolis and a... A.... New York?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/16/2015, 2:37 pm

"Oh! Can I put my vote in for Time Travel?" he asked. "Sorry, superheroes are great and all but they're just..." He hesitated, sounding a bit unsure. "Not as pretty," he cleared his throat. "Time Travel has always reminded me of Doctor Who and Star Trek. Time and Space are pretty intertwined, so if you did a Time Travel themed dance, you could design it like space: with stars and galaxies and nebulas. Think of it! Bright colors on dark background with little glowing, flickering lights... Wouldn't it be beautiful?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2015, 3:01 pm

"You ain't late, we didn't start yet," she said with a smile. "I'm Maddy, this year's prom chairman. Have a seat, we have snacks and drinks for everyone."

She listened to both and pointed at Kane with her pen. "We can do two sceneries like that but my only issue is, what about the other superheroes? Those who aren't from Marvel or DC like, I don't know, The Incredibles?" She then turned to Demetrius. "As for that, Dem, we kind of already agreed on doing the future part of time travel something sleek and dark with neon lights. Kind of like Tron, see what I mean? But it could indeed be pretty. What do you guys prefer?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/17/2015, 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Post by Rhyolo 5/16/2015, 3:10 pm

Rhyolo hurried in breathing heavy. He took a seat and took a deep breath. "SorryI'mlateIgotinbitoftrouble." He then sighed and said, "So What happened while I was out?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2015, 3:21 pm

"Sup Rhy," Maddy said. "Nothing much we haven't really started. We're still missing Caspar and Juliana. Once they're here though we're gonna split into three groups: food, deco and entertainment. It'd be cool if you could start thinking about which one you wanna be in, I need four people per group. Billie, I want you in deco, and Kane, I know what you can do, and I want you in entertainment. I'm also gonna need a vice chairman but I'm first gonna wait for our two latecomers to haul their half-god butts over here," she said, popping a cracker into her mouth and leaning back in her chair, putting her feet up again.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/16/2015, 4:13 pm

Narc glared at Kane for a couple of seconds before turning is attention to Maddy. "Yeah, we Aphrodite's got this." He stated with a quick smile before frowning and staring down at the table. From that point on, Narcissus only listened to the other promers give out suggestions. He glanced over the demigods at the table, smiling at a few of them. All the while thinking about revenge. "And what would you have me do?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/16/2015, 4:52 pm

Demetrius sighed, a little bit disappointed. Oh well though. TRON was awesome, after all. A bit hard to get super artistic with a TRON theme, but with enough detail, it could be just as beautiful as space, he had no doubt. He rubbed his nose, self consciously. "My only problem with the superhero theme is that I'm guessing a lot of people are going to come dressed as superheroes. And that's fine (really, I love to cosplay) but we do have to keep in mind that this is Prom, not comic-con. Besides, there's not a lot of wiggle room with superheroes, as far as the decor goes. Time travel offers a lot more freedom,"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/17/2015, 6:00 am

"Entertainment or deco," she told Narcissus, before turning to Dem. "It's not a matter of convincing, there's a poll and everything. But I agree with you, we gotta make it somehow clear that this isn't a convention or whatever."

She took another sip of her soda and glanced down at her notes before scribbling "Food", "entertainment" and "deco" with a column for each. In food, she put herself as well as Sable, in deco she put Billy and Dem, and in entertainment she put Kane. Now the others... Layla she'd see her in deco too, maybe Bella and Rhy for entertainment? Hm.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Post by Perca 5/17/2015, 6:47 am

Having gotten lost in thouht for the past hour, I raised my hand as if to ask permission before speaking."E-even if the theme is indeed those... s-superheroes, we can still k-keep the classic ballroom idea. From some things my c-cabin leader has made me watch concerning the m-modern era, a-all these people come from a different b-background, s-some even from outer space! T-they have nothing in common so t-the setting could be used as n-neutral ground"I suggested and chewed my bottom lip nervously
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/17/2015, 10:15 am

Maddy's phone buzzed and she sat up, taking her feet off the table.

"Alright, everyone, poll just finished! This year's theme is Superheroes!" she beamed, thinking to herself: Yes! It was her favorite theme and she had been a bit scared Time Travel would win it over. After all it had been pretty much a tie.
    Dem would be disappointed though, that was for sure.

Madeline turned to Layla. "Frankly, I was thinking of doing some kind of cityscape out of cardboard or wood, spray-painted sleek black, with little yellow squares for lighted windows. I found something a bit like that on Pinterest, lemme show y'all," she said and connected her phone to the screen behind her, showing them a picture of what she meant. "And then have dark blue backdrops and stuff. If we keep the ballroom idea, people might be thrown off, know what I mean? Plus, I'd rather keep that idea in case we actually do a Time Travel dance in the future." The daughter of Dionysus checked her watch. "Okay if they're not here in five minutes, I'll start."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/17/2015, 10:53 am

"I'll do the entertainment. I can get a few Apollo kids to give us some live music. I, myself, will probably sing a bit. "Narcissus shook his head, moving his golden locks around. After that he repositioned himself in the chair, resting his head on Maddy's shoulder. "Sense I don't have a date do you want me to, on prom night make sure everything is going okay?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 6:02 pm