A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me) Empty Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/2/2015, 2:52 pm

Lakisha couldn't believe it. Sol is back! She had a large smile on her face, probably the first in a very long time -- after all, the daughter of Khione never showed her emotions more than through small shifts in her body language, she didn't do things as obvious as grins or broad gestures.

But a smile was okay for now. Even Salomon, her lynx, had showed his happiness by rubbing his head against the demigod's legs, purring, which was something he didn't do often.
    Now she was heading to the forest with Sol after he had walked into her cabin as casually as if he had never left camp. An explanation and a couple of hugs later, they had decided to do one of the activities they always did together: hunting monsters. It was actually how they had first gotten to know one another and Lakisha couldn't really imagine herself hunting with anyone else than Sol, not even Spencer.

The Swedish girl had shouldered her bow and quiver and taken her hunting knife, then engaged on the small path leading into the forest, the trees growing thick only a couple of meters in. They didn't stay on the path long though and headed deeper into the forest, the undergrowth cracking silently under their feet. Lakisha was dressed in a gray hoodie, black pants and the boots her mother had given to her for the winter solstice; her auburn hair was braided down her back, all rebellious streaks tucked behind her ears.
    Stepping over roots and ducking under low branches, they neared a part of the forest which they knew crawled with monsters; Lakisha had notched two arrows and was ready to let them fly any moment.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2015, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me) Empty Re: Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me)

Post by Guest 7/3/2015, 11:31 am

it was an amazing feeling to be back and be with lakisha and of course, salomon. sol tried his best to keep his face as straight as possible, but he was horribly failing. he couldn't help but smile. he was home! one of the very first things he had done when he arrived at camp was find lakisha. he tried his best to act like he hadn't even left, attempting his hand with humor. it wasn't really his thing though. that didn't matter though, for he had surprised lakisha, which was his main goal.

now the two found themselves in the middle of the forest, off the trodden path. this was where solitude shone. hunting was in his blood and it was something where he could truly feel free of all cares, besides trying not to get his limbs smacked off by a manticore, but that was just a minor bother. as he takes careful steps through the brush, sol reaches down to pet salomon. the lynx was seemingly very happy to see sol earlier, but now was in hunt mode, his pupils the size of saucers. once he was done petting salomon, sol reaches behind his back to take out his bow. the group had entered an area of the forest where monsters ran rampant. a rattling in the bushes next to him causes sol to quickly load his bow his an arrow, but it was a false alarm; a chipmunk. oh well, you could never be too careful. "now only if it was ten feet taller and rabid. now that would be a story," sol says quietly with a grin plastered on his face. ah, he was home!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me) Empty Re: Knights of Cydonia (private for toast and me)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/3/2015, 5:52 pm

Lakisha chuckled at his joke. A flash of euphoria burst up in her chest -- she often got flashes of either euphoria or anger -- and her smile grew a bit more, her eyes narrowing. Finally, she was hunting again with her closest friend.

Suddenly, something whistled past her ear and stuck itself in the tree in front of her. A dart, the edge coated with something yellowish and oily.

"Manticore." She spun around, her bowstring drawn back to her ear and her chin lifted as she tried to make out where exactly it was. Sol and her had hunted enough together to know each other's moves and strengths: with her weapon, Lakisha could cover close and long range, and she could shoot fast. Apart from that, both were quick, both were agile, Lakisha was more aggressive but Sol had hunting tactics flowing in his blood, so they made up for each other.

Post by Guest 7/4/2015, 11:38 am

thank goddess that solitude had his bow out due to the chipmunk false alarm. as soon at the boy heard the thud of a dart hit tree bark, the boy whips around to face the place where he determined the dart originated from. sol had his war axe strapped to his waist, but for now he had his bow in hand, an arrow already notched and ready to be deployed. just to be sure that the beast, which was most likely a manticore-  - judging by the dart and the fact that lakisha had said it was one - was behind the thick bush cover, solitude lets an arrow fly. within seconds, the boy had another arrow set up and ready to go. the son of polydeuces exhales deeply as he listens for the sound of an impact, and boy does he get one. with a loud roar, the bushes split to reveal a huge manticore, which just so happened to be lunging directly at sol. just barely was the demigod able to roll out of the way before firing another arrow at the beast, this one hitting it in the back left leg.

"we have to confuse it! make it not know which one of us to go after!" sol says, his voice unwavering. he was not afraid, he had fought many a beast before and a manticore was nothing to him, except for deadly. a manticore always had the chance to be deadly. solitude quickly steals a glance at lakisha, just to make sure that she was okay and ready to attack. the girl already had her bow out and loaded, ready to fire. there was no doubt in solitude's mind that the manticore would lose this fight. their skills combined, sol and lakisha were one hell of a force to be reckoned with.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/4/2015, 5:43 pm

The manticore was female, with fair skin and long red hair tied into a messy bun. Two curling horns protruded from her forehead and the fur of her lion body was as red as her hair -- thankfully, she didn't have wings like some of the other manticores Lakisha had fought. Running backwards, firing arrows at a monster who chases you flying nap-of-the-earth while shooting back with poison spines is a tricky business.

The manticore would actually have been quite pretty, if her lips didn't open to three rows of gleaming fangs. Trying to ignore her Gucci earrings and ruffle top, Lakisha let her arrow fly at the scorpion tail, where it ricocheted against the scales. She took another arrow, drew back, her body turning to keep her target in range, side-stepped a dart coming at her face and let go of the bowstring, her arrow flying and hitting a place between two scales on the tail. The manticore hissed and charged.

"Die, demigod scum!"

Lakisha bounded off into the woods, leaping onto a rock and using the momentum to jump at a branch. From there, she snaked across the tree like a cat and dropped down behind the manticore, firing an arrow at her back. It wedged itself in her shoulder blade, green blood starting to flow out of the wound, trickling down her spine. Salomo leaped at her back, digging his fangs into her fur but the tail slapped him away. Her lynx smacked into a tree and hissed, ears flattened down on his skull. Lakisha's heart ached for him and she jumped in front of him to protect him while he recovered, bow at the ready.

Post by Guest 7/5/2015, 10:40 am

with the manticore now chasing lakisha down through the forest, solitude takes the chance to put his bow away and unsheathes his war axe. gripping it firmly in his hand, he races towards where he last saw lakisha and the manticore duking it out. if everything went to plan correctly, sol would get a clean shot at the manticore's tail and hopefully slice it clean off. that would make this fight much easier. goddess, they are fast. the demigod thinks to himself as he blasts through thickets and pricker bushes that stick to his skin and enjoy slicing him open. so far, a pricker bush had done more damage to solitude than a manticore had. hopefully it would stay that way as well.

after what seems like an eternity of running, solitude comes to a stop behind the manticore. it was relentlessly firing darts at lakisha, who was firing right back at her while trying to protect salomon. solitude quickly locks eyes with lakisha and gives her a nod before charging forward at the manticore. with a leap and a shout, the son of polydeuces brings his axe down on the manticore's tail with all of his strength. with a cry of pain, the she-beast quickly whips around and lunges at sol, but he manages to duck quickly enough and have the creature soar over him. he had let go of his axe, which was now stuck almost all the way through the manticore's tail, now hanging limp and by threads of skin. sol couldn't revel in his victory though, there was still more 'work' to be done.

after whipping out his bow and firing a few arrows at the manticore's back, solitude finds himself standing next to lakisha. the manticore had turned around and was now facing the two, snarling as much as a human face that was attached to the body of a lion could. it was odd to solitude how a beast could have be composed of two or more completely different beings but still manage to survive. take this manticore for example. how did she brush her teeth? she had lion claws, not hands. her hygiene must suck. the boy didn't even want to think about how long it must've taken the beast to put her hair in a bun. she didn't even have opposable thumbs!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/5/2015, 11:31 am

Lakisha nodded back. Nice shot. With the tail down, they didn't have to worry about the poison darts anymore, which was a plus. Her eyes narrowed as she aimed her next arrow at her chest; however the manticore bounded forward and her arrow hit her collarbone instead. It made her briefly stop, then she leaped at them with renewed anger and Lakisha had no choice but to change her bow into her dagger. It was about as long as her forearm, so not really the longest of weapons, but it was still efficient in battle.
    The manticore lashed out at her with the manicured claws of her paws and Lakisha fell to the ground under the monster's weight, digging her blade into her stomach.

Post by Guest 7/6/2015, 2:43 pm

with solitude's axe wedged in the manticore's tail, he found himself stuck with only a dagger and his bow. at the time being, using his bow was probably his best bet. the boy whips it off of his back and readies an arrow, taking aim at the manticore's head. if he could just get a good shot in, the beast would be done with. however, before he got a chance to let his arrow fly, the manticore had lunged at lakisha and took her down onto the ground. this was solitude's chance. the demigod steadies his bow and pulls the drawstring back to his ear. his aiming had to be perfect, or else he had a chance of hitting lakisha with the arrow. time seemed to slow down for solitude as he targets the manticore's head. he only had one chance at this shot, everything had to go flawlessly. letting a short burst of air escape his lips, the son of polydeuces lets the arrow loose and watches as it screams through the air and stabs right through the manticore's head and embedding itself deep in the ground. the manticore didn't have a chance to retaliate. the arrow had done its job. there was still no time to waste however, for the now deceased manticore was still atop of lakisha. solitude rushes over to the body and starts pushing it with all of his strength. goddess, she really needed some weight watchers. it would take a while for the beast to turn into golden dust, and solitude did not want to wait that long, let alone have lakisha be stuck underneath it for much longer.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/7/2015, 6:22 am

Lakisha managed to push the carcass off her before it burst into dust, the golden grains spiraling down silently. The daughter of Khione ripped a bit of grass from the ground and cleaned the green blood from the celestial bronze blade, the thick substance smelling quite acrid. Her gaze fell on the arrow embedded in the ground, all of it gooey green with some jelly bits which must be brains. The arrow had been shot with so much force it had gone through both sides of the skull -- only Sol could do a feat like that.

"You rarely disappoint, do you?" she chuckled, then wrapped her arms around him, her chin resting on his shoulder next to his head. She basked in his warmth, her icy fingers on his spine and his hair tickling her nose. He smelled of pine and evergreen and mountains and ... of the wild, quite simply. Gods, did I miss him.

Post by Guest 7/7/2015, 6:54 pm

"i try my best to do so," solitude answers with a slight smirk plastered on his face. he wasn't exactly ready for lakisha to wrap her arms around him, but to be honest, sol wouldn't want her to do anything different than that. the boy returns the hug, wrapping him strong arms around her back. taking a deep yet silent breath with his nose, solitude's nose is flooded with the scent of what he could only describe as frost. it made him feel like he was breathing in crisp air from the top of a glacier. to be honest, solitude didn't really want this moment to end. he always had had feelings for lakisha, but never really ever expressed them, give or take a few non-lip kisses. it wasn't exactly his thing: to show emotion.  but here he was and here he finds himself giving her a quick kiss on the forehead; a simple show of emotion and perhaps even a little more than a close friendship. solitude just wasn't sure if that was something lakisha wanted though. sure, solitude was super close to her, but was that all he was to her? a good friend? the boy certainly hoped not. he hoped that he was something more than that.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/8/2015, 10:02 am

She felt his mouth on her forehead in a brief kiss and closed her eyes to enjoy it. Her blood pulsed softly in her throat, like a soft knocking at the door. Lakisha breathed in his warmth, then pressed her lips to his cheekbone and drew back, her mismatched eyes glinting slightly in the light filtering through the tree's canopy.

"Come on," she said with a small smirk, "those monsters aren't gonna kill themselves."

Flipping her dagger back into her bow, she turned around and ducked away under a low branch, the bushes seemingly closing behind her steps, as if the nymphs inside were helping her.

Post by Guest 7/10/2015, 11:15 am

sol relished every moment of contact with lakisha, but alas, all good things must come to an end. the boy unwraps his arms from around her back and makes his way over to where the manticore's golden dust was piled up, a little bit of it catching the wind and blowing it into his face. the boy lets out a spitting sound and reaches down to pick up his war axe, which was now covered in the dust. gross. bending himself into a crouch, he wipes the axe's blade across the ground multiple times in an effort to clean it off. once done with that, he straightens himself up and looks to see that lakisha was already on her way, searching for another creature to hunt. goddess, she was the perfect person in every aspect possible.

"don't leave me here! i'm defenseless!" the boy jokes as he races to catch up with the daughter of khione and her lynx. once caught up with her, sol puts his war axe back in it's sheath, his bow taking its place in his hands. he had an arrow at the ready, just in case. one monster dying usually led to a bunch more snooping around, seemingly trying to find whoever killed their fellow soldier and exact revenge. that's just what sol and lakisha wanted, however. hunting was right up the two demigods' alley and they made a damn good team. monsters were nothing to them. bring it on.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2015, 7:21 am

Lakisha turned around, a smirk on her lips. "A real damsel in distress," she joked back, walking deeper into the forest. She was avoiding the paths, hoping to find a nest of snake women or some mormolyces. She had already found some stryges around her here, but she knew they preferred the upper woods, where the higher trees gave them more camouflage for an attack.
    The only noise she could hear was her own breathing and the dulled thumping over her heart in her throat and ears. The hunt was giving her a rush of controlled adrenaline and she was impatient to let it out.

Post by Guest 7/13/2015, 1:09 pm

"we are getting closer to the lake. we'll need to start heading west to get deeper into the forest, if memory serves me correct," the words slide out of sol's mouth as he walks alongside lakisha. in the area of the forest they now occupied there only existed a few small monsters. the large ones, i.e., the ones that were fun to fight, lived in the westernmost part of the forest. that was where all the fun was to be had. once the words escape his mouth, the demigod takes a left through a bushel of raspberries and heads off in search of bigger and badder monsters. every so often he would check both behind him and to his side to make sure that lakisha was keeping up with him, which she did a great job at. the son of polydeuces kept his breathing and movements as quiet as possible as he makes his way through the forest. if they could get a sneak attack in on a monster, it would be much easier to fight it rather than having it surprise them. hunting was a deadly gamble, and sol and lakisha had to be on their a-game to survive.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/26/2015, 7:14 pm

"You're right," Lakisha said, turning around, her shoulder brushing against Sol as she squeezed past him to duck under a branch. His warmth sent tingles up her arm -- something like that didn't happen with anyone else. Not Ethan, not even Cole. She had been pretty close to agreeing to get a bit more friendly than necessary with him, but with Sol back, she had hardly thought about him lately. Sol was the one she felt best with, she could joke with him, relax with him, hold him, risk her life, be herself and see in his eyes that he didn't perceive her the way others did. It was like with Spencer, but better.

Digging deeper through the undergrowth, bow at the ready, she kept her body low and the sounds as quiet as possible. Maybe they'd be lucky and get spoils from the next monster they encountered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 7:57 pm