A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+5
sienna
daddeme
Green
Morgan Landry
The Cheshire Cat
9 posters

Call to Arms Meeting

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Call to Arms Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: Call to Arms Meeting

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/18/2015, 11:05 pm

First off, stop being a bloody prat and thinking you're better than all of us. Last I checked great people don't talk about how great they are. Andy said angrily to Victoria.And secondly, attacking from above wouldn't do us any good. You said so yourself they have visual recognition and im betting they have sensors to detect sound from everywhere like us. Pegasi would make noise from their wings and im willing to bet your board makes a sound of some sort too. The best bet we have is in ground attacks and trenches to attack. She said pointing to a few plans laid out in front of her. She had been drawing in ideas for trenches and small barricades.If what you say is true we have two options; a full on strike or the element of surprise. If we line the surrounding area of the training grounds in a shallow trench and fill it with some kind of signaling device or even an attacking one we can get to the creatures faster. Plus if we do monitors around camp nad take shifts we can get to them before they get to us. The daughter of Hecate explained as Necro walked into the hall and sat by her side.No plan is fool proof for sure but we can at least try them. She said firmly holding on to her belief in the matter.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 7/19/2015, 8:25 am

Galena stared dumbfounded at the room. No doubt she was impressed by the human lightening rod/torch, but she was bemused and befuddled by Victoria's nonchalant response, and the utter lack of response afterwards. The older girl with the scyth didn't even stop the petty bickering with Victoria. In the D-home it would have stopped everything cold, but here, the very real possibility of bloodshed and murder was apparently so commonplace it wasn't worth blinking over.

Galena put a hand on her forehead, trying to comprehend. Although that also explained why they wouldn't stop bickering. Death and carnage was such a normal thing, why stop protecting your pride and proving superiority for a little thing like malfunctioning killer robots designed by the god of the forge himself. "You are all completely detached from reality." Galena said, still holding her knife.

"Trench warfare would take far too long and risk too many lives. And we'd have to dig up half the camp to succeed, since we don't know where they're going to be attacking. Pegasi do make sound, but from high enough, they most likely wouldn't be visually noticed. What about coating arrow tips in Greek fire and having Apollo kids attack from a distance? Less coverage with the fire, but if they hit with multiple arrows... We know arrows and explosives did some good with the Not-Exactly-Iron-Giant that attacked Ares Cabin. The redhead Ares girl, uh, Kiera? Eh, whoever. She and that Hecate girl both damaged it with Greek fire and explosive arrows."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/19/2015, 9:00 am

"What would you know about great people," Victoria said with a snort. This girl believed she was her equal? What a hilarious thought, she probably had never solved a ninth degree equation in her life. "I am better than all of you and I don't have time for your offended feelings. Like Galena said, digging trenches would take too long. If it's monitoring you want, we can use drones. My board relies on magnetics and superconductors, it doesn't make any sound -- but pegasi indeed do, however if we attack in groups like I suggested earlier, we can try to distract the robots long enough for one of us to launch the Greek fire. Then we can finish the job with acid spray and metal tongs. If what you say is true and explosive arrows do work on these things, then that's a great distraction right there. Any more questions?" she asked, toying with the hem of her white shirt.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 7/19/2015, 10:36 am

Gabriel had been quiet, he had been listening and watching. It was not his place to talk while those lower than him were squabbling over nothing. When a knife was drawn on the pretentious one he thought perhaps things might get interesting but of course that was proven wrong and she lived to put others down another day. It made him wonder how she lived so long. Sure, from the way she talked she seemed to want everyone to believe she was smart but that was about all she had going for her. Back home in Dublin she wouldn’t have lasted five seconds out on the streets with that attitude though, let alone ten years. Although he would admit her plans did sound pretty good and might just work, accept the whole throwing the Greek Fire thing. That was completely stupid unless you were fireproof. Like he was.

“Yea. I got a couple.” He stated, standing up once more as he had been sitting down through the whole kindergarten meeting. “Are all of your meetings like this? Because fu** you are one pretencious little bi**h aren’t you? I’d love to knock you down to size when all this is done.” He knew he shouldn’t be getting her all mad or wound up but he couldn’t help it, it was just who he was. He loved to fight and wouldn’t mind bashing her ‘pretty’ little face in. “As for questions that we don’t know the answer to why the bloody hell would you waste your time using arrow and throwing the canisters of the ‘save all Greek Fire’ when you’ve got Campers that are immune to fire, that can’t be burned? Have us do the heavy lifting in that sense. Use your resources. I’m damn sure I’ve bloodied a few Thanatos kids who can summon the undead. They’re expendable. Use them as fodder while you all do the real crap. Or better yet point me and my Cabin at the damned Robot things and let us have some fun.” Stella may not admit it but he knew she’d have some fun with the robots.

((very crappy post imo but I had to get something out))
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/19/2015, 10:08 pm

Andy gripped her scythe and Necro growled at Vic.I am not hurt even in the slightest by you and you're ego. What does bother me is how you make it seem like everyone else in the whole d@mn world is worthless. She spat at the girl.

Andy m...maybe you sh...should go. Terra said nervously placing a hand on her back. The daughter of Hebe hated seeing her like this but there was no way this was going to end well, not with Andy here. The daughter of Hecate stormed out and Necro gave a demonic growl before running after her. Terra let out a sigh of relief.Wh....what are we going to do about...um...teams?/[b] She said once more before fiddling with her nerd glasses. They totally were hipster glasses but she didn't really care, they looked cute on her and she needed them for her horrible vision.

Musa walked into the meeting area with her cherry blossom pink hair pulled into a high pony tail and a long white dress on with a brown belt around her middle, barefoot as always.[b]I want to help. I may be a dryad but this is my home too.
    She said in her kind voice, not really wanting to be a cause for attention but more of to show she cared about the camp, a lot. This was the only place she had ever known so when it was under attack she was determined to go and do what she could to help. Her staff with crescent moon end was firmly in her hand and she leaned against it while looking over plans.What's the plan? She asked to the general public.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post by jake. 7/20/2015, 6:34 am

Call to Arms Meeting - Page 2 Tumblr_n6v2gij3tK1qbcgixo5_250Call to Arms Meeting - Page 2 Tumblr_n6v2gij3tK1qbcgixo7_250
    douglas - pasithea - eighteen

douglas walks in with a grim expression on his face, eyebrows furrowed so strongly they might have been sown together. the son of pasithea avoids any glances or looks, and plummeted down in a chair, sighing heavily. he listens to the conversations and hectic talking for a few seconds before clearing his throat. he really wasn't the brightest kid, but when it came to battle strategy he had it in him real good. "i'll bet my sorry arse that one of you athena kids knows who alan turing is? guy who broke enigma? figured it out with a machine, and whatever?" douglas scratches the back of his neck, pursing his lips.

Last edited by jake. on 7/20/2015, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/20/2015, 10:47 am

"Um, Mr. Demi-titan-guy, I honestly think pointing your cabinmates towards the robots would be singularly the worst idea possible, since they just react and adapt to powers. You, your cousins, would all just make the robots far more powerful and more difficult to destroy." Galena said, her voice quieter than it had been. The Demi-Titans scared the hell out of her. "Immunity to fire would be useful, but even most who are immune to fire can be hurt or killed by Greek fire, which, yes, is a save all...because it works."

Galena looked over at the guy who asked about Alan Turing. "Alan Turing, worked for the British special intelligence, MI6 during World War II, broke Enigma. Established the Turing test. Was arrested and chemically castrated for sodomy, and died in obscurity and shame. Recently pardoned decades after his death. Why?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post by jake. 7/20/2015, 11:56 am

Call to Arms Meeting - Page 2 Tumblr_n6v2gij3tK1qbcgixo5_250Call to Arms Meeting - Page 2 Tumblr_n6v2gij3tK1qbcgixo7_250
    douglas - pasithea - eighteen

douglas sighs and bites his lip. "turing broke enigma using another machine, didn't he? i was just wondering, what if we made fairly accurate replicas of those things, in essence a couple of automatons, all together? maybe even with the other camp? camp jupiter? those hephaestus kiddos make a couple of those automatons every day, so if we all worked together, maybe... well, it's just a suggestion." douglas says it all awkwardly, in a different tone than he usually says things. usually there's multiples and multiples of swear words in his sentences, but douglas felt the need to be somewhat civil today. he wanted to get sh!t done. he knew it wasn't time for his bickering and vulgar language; they needed to act, and soon, if they were going to get rid of those ugly tin cans.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/20/2015, 12:00 pm

Terra thought for a moment the spoke shyly.Its not a bad idea. She shrugged as fiddled with the hem of her shirt a little. Musa and Syn nodded in support and Ash just sat there with her arms crossed in front of her.Why don't we just do what Vic said, it makes the most sense. The fight loving daughter of Aphrodite said.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Post by Metilinos 7/20/2015, 12:16 pm

Andrew had most of the blood off of him before he walked into the meeting room. Even walking up to the place, it was clear that some not-so-productive things were going on. From just the things he heard from the outside, he could already tell the meeting was guest staring the antagonist of Mean Girls and Gary Busey. He'd decided to not bring Netha in with him, as she would only literally serve to bite at least one child's throat out. Best to save that for another day when the robots were gone.

"Sorry I'm late." The demigod said, walking in to the room. He was pretty sure tensions were at a maximum, but worse come to worst, he was just a poor sod walking into a room of even more poor sods. "Someone catch me up please? Where do we stand on the subject?" The child of Apollo was working hard to not crack a joke about cutting the tension in the room with a knife.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/20/2015, 6:44 pm

Great, now the arrogant blonde kid who had started the snide remarks spoke up again, only to make Victoria sigh in annoyance. Greek fire isn't the same as normal fire - at all. People who could control fire didn't stand a chance against the ravenous green inferno -- not even this kid. Fortunately though, Galena beat her to that, and to the fact that powers woudn't work at all on the robots. Something he had clearly overlooked. Again, Victoria wondered which of these ķids had actual ideas about what was going on. Only her and Galena seemed a bit little.

"I am not hurt even in the slightest by you and you're ego." The way she gripped her scythe and the fact she had to leave the room clearly proved the opposite. Saying Victoria hardly cared would be an understatement. She had grown so used to people's hurt and angry reactions over the years it simply did not reach her. But what she said after that was true, she did think everyone else was worthless -- well, mostly everyone else. They just floated around, existing, not doing anything worthwhile. Victoria had thought out and put together a hoverboard (with assorted anticrash vest, magnetic shoes, flight control gloves and helmet), a 3D-omniprinter, smart lenses, skinspray, three different kinds of nanobots, had managed to sheathe the muscles of her forearms with self-repairing monofilaments, skipping past a large amount of various other creations she had built herself (including stealth drones and automatons among else) -- which subsequently means that she herself had gone out of her way to find all these advanced materials for herself and learn how to use them (her father's budget had helped) -- and she was only fourteen. What was everybody else's excuse?
    The truth was, if you did not do things, if you didn't have that drive in you to achieve at least something important, you simply did not matter, even if godly blood was flowing through your veins. History would indicate that the majority of people have always been sheep anyway. And Victoria, despite all her social immaturity, was fully aware of that.

Two other people showed up, a dryad and an Asian kid Victoria had seen bullying others. "Countering with robots of our own has two major flaws. One, we can't rival with godly technology, so they would simply make us win a couple of minutes at best. Second, it would take us time, very precious time, to put together strong enough bots. If only we still had that bronze dragon....." She shook her head. "I can get my two stealth drones and rewire them to hype up their offensive, but if they get laser-eyed out of the sky in the first minute, there's nothing more I can do robot-wise in the little time we have."

Yet another demigod walked in just as she finished her sentence and Victoria stared at him before briefly explaining the two main ideas till now: Greek fire and robots.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/22/2015, 6:35 pm

Andrew wasn't too fond of the look that the blonde girl was giving him, and sadly, it was beginning to look like she was running the show. Her brief explanation of machines versus machines and using Greek fire left Andrew wondering if those were really the only two ideas running around. It was a creative camp, with campers that were even more creative. Then again, creativity didn't matter here if it wasn't executed in a very practical way, especially with queen Build-A-Bear in charge. Andrew began to roll up his sleeves, before resting his hands on the table and looking around at everyone. He wasn't sure it was quite his place to speak, as he'd just arrived. But nobody else did, any out of nowhere, an idea sprung from the void of his brain.

"Electromagnetic pulse." The words came from Andrew, as though someone else was speaking them and they simply came out of his mouth by some cosmic mistake. Andrew was certainly no child of Athena, but he remembered hearing about these while watching TV. Things like Doomsday Preppers, and that one movie his dad was in that he couldn't remember. Call of Duty once too, maybe. "It's a disruption, that can potentially disable or destroy all electronics it comes in contact with. Assuming the components aren't fully surrounded by a conducting metal." Andrew explained. He secretly thanked his dad in his head for showing him that former-waste-of-a-time TV show.

"It would be a lot less destructive towards the camp than Greek fire. We could even scavenge the metal from the robots afterwards. But I have no idea what the process is to get an EMP in an area, or what the time would be to do it. I was hoping the Athena or Hephaestus cabin might be able to shed some light in that aspect?" The demigod was hopeful Greek fire could be a last resort. Setting things on fire was a barrel of fun, but setting everything on fire was a barrel of tombstones.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 6:41 pm

Terra got a decent idea.If we can get someone to make portable EMP devices then we can hanve them hands and set them off manually when we find a monster machine.She smiled a little at her idea before pushing some of her hair behind her ears and making sure her glasses helped them stay in place. Its really not a bad idea.Syn said gesturing to Terra.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/22/2015, 6:55 pm

"You think Hephaestus forgot to shield the circuitry and wiring?" Victoria cocked an eyebrow. "It's not like him to be sloppy."

Using an EMP hadn't crossed her mind even when that girl had generated one because she herself used special gaskets and filters to protect her phone and hoverboard. She couldn't make much because the materials were expensive, but if she could do it, then so could Hephaestus.

"Give it a shot, but control it. Celestial bronze is not normal metal, it behaves differently so ask a child of Hephaestus before you do anything, and be careful. If I have to use my drones, I'd rather they be functional."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/22/2015, 8:57 pm

Galena shot her sister a strange look. It wasn't like Vic to forget something very important about conduction, electricity, and the like. "The bronze outer skin and other such components of the automaton act as a natural Faraday cage. Electromagnetic pulses would do very little good. And aside from lightening bug over here, I can't imagine us being able to produce a strong enough one."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 9:08 pm

Terra thought long for a second and tried to remember all the things she had read about in the past.Well, I do have on idea. It's totally stupid though. She laughed at herself.Why not use the lightning or shocking power and amplified the little gizmo. It may not work, just a thought though. She said. They were wasting time not doing anything as far as actions went and with Vic shooting down every possible idea there was nothing for them to do other than hope for the best.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/22/2015, 9:40 pm

And just like that, Andrew's idea was beginning to slide off of the table. He took note of Syn contributing, and might have asked about Lena had he not been so keen on fleshing this idea of his out. "Whoa, hold on now, let's entertain this for a minute." The demigod said; he was pretty fond of this solution. It meant the least amount of death and destruction. It also meant that Andrew wouldn't have to take a nice hot Greek fire bath before all of this is over. "We've built much bigger and more difficult things than a little device that radiates a pulse. Like the Argo II." Andrew argued. "We for sure have the resources. I'm not concerned in that aspect. I'm only concerned in how long this will take and if we have the knowledge in the camp to put one together." Andrew certainly didn't have that kind of knowledge.

"All it takes is one little crack, any size, and that pulse will ooze right in. You can leave that part of the lifting to us if you need to." Andrew said, he didn't take these robots too seriously; there were far too many demigods for them to take on. "No plan we make at all is gonna be perfect, no one here can outwit a god." Andrew subconsciously eyed the blonde kid from the Athena cabin, though not with hostility. More like an apologetic look. "Maybe we split these plans up into groups? The teams can then go with the plan they think works best for their set of skills. Then, once we've taken some of them down, we all regroup and talk about what does and doesn't work. Once we know our prey, hunting it will be easier."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/22/2015, 9:47 pm

Syn chuckled slightly.You make it sound like we've been the ones hunting them, Andrew. They've really been hunting us though. He said to the boy his sister was interested in. He wouldn't say it flat out but he was still going to be nice to him after what Lena had told him. Terra let out a small giggle when one of her friends made the hunting joke and Ashe just rolled her eyes, getting up and walking away.

Lena walked back in and sat next to Andrew, giving a quick wink and looking over what they had planned out so far.I like what Andrew says, breaking up into teams. If we group with people we work well with then it'll make decisions easier and more effective. Andy, Lachlan, Neri and Alice are also in. They've working on training up right now and couldn't make it. The daughter of thantos said as Stark trotted inside and laid at her feet under the table while also laying on Andrew's feet some. He was starting to really like the demigod.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/22/2015, 10:17 pm

"Yeah, they have." Andrew replied to the son of Thanatos. "That's why we're here now though. Sometimes a bear kills a stray wolf that's not with their pack. That's what these things are: bears seeking to destroy the den. They can kill us if we fight alone, but if we fight together, they're nothing but fresh food." He blinked once afterwards, he was getting way too into the analogy. "Or, in this case, fresh scrap for the Athena and Hephaestus cabin." The son of Apollo avoided the fact that they would be frying circuit boards. He had a feeling there might be some people who would want to preserve them for research, which made perfect sense, but was way too risky.  It was a good moment for Andrew to reflect on where he exactly got these speech skills he never knew he had.

Definitely watched too much Expendables.

Andrew smiled at Lena, he'd been getting much closer with her. Though, having the dog that once wanted his throat so close to him was slightly unnerving. It was okay though; wolf assistance was only a whistle away. Andrew looked to the two children of Athena, as much as he didn't want them to ruin the good vibe, it's not like they were doing it for fun. "Do you two feel differently on the plan?" He asked, their input, as strict as it might be, was valuable.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/23/2015, 7:07 am

Victoria shrugged. She wanted to work solo, as always, but understood it wasn't the time right now.

"I can put a device like that together. If you give me fifteen minutes, I can even put the EMP generator in one of my drones, that way I can control it from here, track down a robot and fire the EMP when ready. If we split up into groups, I'd like the three least incompetent ones on my team."

Problem was, the only not incompetent one in her eyes was Galena. Maybe she could take on that girl Tobin too.... but the rest? Andrew didn't seem too bad, but if he liked that daughter of Thanatos, that didn't say much positive about the type of intellectual levels he surrounded himself with. And she needed people who could understand what she was talking about.

Post by Guest 7/23/2015, 1:54 pm

perfect. tobin finally could have some input in the conversation. she was very intelligent when it came to electricity. learning all about it was part of her power training. the daughter of astrape shifts her position so her hand rests on the input panel of the vending machine, her body sucking the electrical energy out of it and making her feel reinvigorated. the white flashes of light throughout her skin start to speed up as she holds her hand on the machine. once she felt energized enough, the demigod lets go and shoots a glance towards victoria, who looked oh-so-pleased as usual. tobin hadn't actually ever met any of these demigods before, but first impressions were a big thing to her, and victoria hadn't given off the best one.

"now this i can get behind," tobin mumbles as she steps forward, hovering her hands just above the table. she didn't want to touch it, just in case the electricity flowing through her somehow pulsed through the table. "electrical energy is sort of my thing. i can help whoever create and test the device." her words were picked carefully, as if she was trying not to offend anyone. this group of demigods seemed to be very touchy and tensions were high. tobin did not want to disrupt the peaceful communication that was finally taking place.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/23/2015, 5:37 pm

"Hold on, now." Andrew insisted towards Victoria. "It might be your place to be a team captain, assuming that's how you want to play this, but if so, we're not picking people like we're playing kickball." Andrew's voice was adamant, but in no way hostile. "We need to split up based on skills and compatibility. For instance," Andrew pointed to the two children of Athena, "You two shouldn't be in the same group. Your know-how could potentially save lives and take robots down, where without it, the opposite could happen. In the same group together, your biggest talents just overlap one another. Keeping the smarts in one group, well, isn't smart." Athena had some sharp kids, Andrew was aware of that fact. Their quick thinking and strategy could be the difference between scrap metal and scrap flesh.

"People that are good shots, or quick on their feet, have special powers, experience with robots, quick witted, intelligent, strong, work well with others, all of these things factor in on how we should make our teams." Andrew insisted. He looked towards the girl who'd just spoken up shortly before he did, who clearly had some sort of special power involving electricity, or maybe just lights? Then he looked back towards Victoria. "If she has the knowledge here, I say let her help. The sooner we know what we can produce, and how, the better." The demigod said, things were finally making progress.

He was honestly dying to make a joke, but it seemed like he was getting through to people. He was willing to hold it all in until later if it meant keeping this momentum going.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/23/2015, 7:28 pm

"Powers don't work," Victoria said in a tired voice. She didn't have the time to explain that when she had said least incompetent, she had meant people with different skills. After all, that was what she had suggested earlier with the teams, when Andrew hadn't arrived yet: a tech-savvy person, a person with good aiming skills, etc. But well, he could think whatever he liked, it wasn't like she would care about it anyway.

"Right. Let's make the teams. Alex, you're strong and you're social, I'd like you on my team. Andrew, I'd like you on my team too, as a son of Apollo, you must be a good shot and have a fair capacity for precision, which would be helpful in case the EMPs don't work and we need to fall back on Greek fire. Tobin, I'd like you not to join any team for now but rather to help everyone with building their EMP gens and test the finished ones."

Post by Guest 7/23/2015, 9:16 pm

a large grin slides onto tobin's face as she listens to the plan formulate. without thinking, she slams her palms down on the table. thank goddess it was made of wood and not something that conducted electricity. "okay! we'll need a lot of these!" the demigod starts, slapping her hand down on the microwave that laid on the edge of the table, causing the machine to groan thanks to the overload of electricity now pulsing through it. "now microwaves have something that people like to call a mov inside of them. this stands for microwave transformer. we can use this to help charge a capacitor, which could be anything from a disposable camera to a leyden jar to a legit capacitor that is rated to hold a certain voltage. remember, the higher voltage capacity, the stronger and longer the electromagnetic pulse can be. perhaps the hephaestus kids can cook something up. next up we will need a trigger; something that will, as the name suggests, trigger the pulse. creating these will most likely be the easiest and least dangerous task. electricity of this strength can kill. remember that. and last but not least we will need coils of copper tubing. in theory, these will have to be pretty large generators if they are going to take down a robot of such magnitude. maybe with magic we can condense them, however. but let's not worry about that now. getting the materials will be annoying enough. it might take a while to find a lot of microwaves to smash open."

a large rush of air speedily fills the demigod's lungs and just as quickly puffs out of a gap in her lips. it had taken quite a bit of wind for tobin to talk like a teacher. once she was finished, she sits herself down on a down and tips it back, holding her hands behind her head. "how does that sound?" her words were full of gusto. she was ready to kick some robot bum; also the topic of electricity excited her greatly, but she had her heritage to blame for that.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Post by daddeme 7/23/2015, 9:33 pm

Casey had separated himself from the meeting when things started to get hostile, but had returned back into his seat when the planning continued. America, on the other hand, hadn't moved and instead watched quietly until she thought it was appropriate to speak. Ideas were tossed around, and she started to finally see where the planning was going even if she didn't quite understand what an EMP was. She'd ask Kate later on outside of the meeting - the last thing she needed was to irritate the daughter of Athena in charge (at least she assumed) any more than she already seemed to be. She raised her eyebrow when teams were mentioned. America personally liked to work alone; with teamwork she would rather be in charge. It...didn't look like that was going to happen, and even though she didn't want to admit it she had the idea that getting a whole bunch of demigods to make sarcastic remarks and try to throw the robots around would be less than effective.

"Um," She hesitantly raised two fingers in the air. "If we're talking strength, then maybe I could help too. My dad's Kratos." Ah, yes, her super strength. She didn't like to brag about it ever since her moms made her quit MMA because of it. However, it may have been useful for this fight. America never backs down from a fight. She was going to suggest more, but nearly jumped out of her skin when the blond person behind her finally spoke up.

"I could probably help you out, Tobin." Jourdan said from her corner. It was the first time he'd spoken since the meeting began, so hopefully whatever came out of his mouth would be valuable some way or the other. To America, he seemed uncomfortable speaking up. She smirked in amusement. "I can help find microwaves. Also the guy who lives with my dad works with EKGs, so I'm a little knowledgeable about EMPs too"

"Okay, let's not use acronyms."
    America stated, looking around the room. "...Some of the others may not understand them, I mean."

"My aim isn't too bad, and the same time I'm always up to help when I can." Casey offered in order to get back on task. He fidgeted in his seat, and America noticed him mumbled things to himself since he returned back in the room. He seemed a little off the rocker, if you get her drift. "I also don't have a problem with Greek fire. If it does come to it - and I'm not saying that it will but just in case - then I will be more than happy to get with the throwing/firing-people if need be. As stated earlier, I don't think my weapons will be of much use. But if it's something dangerous, like the trigger, then I'm up for it." America did not like the bitter look he gave when he realized that weapons offered no help, and inconspicuously scooted her chair away from him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:34 pm