A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+5
sienna
daddeme
Green
Morgan Landry
The Cheshire Cat
9 posters

Call to Arms Meeting

Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Call to Arms Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: Call to Arms Meeting

Post by Metilinos 7/23/2015, 9:51 pm

"Think outside the box here." Andrew said to the daughter of Athena, with a smile on his face as though he were some brilliant tribal chief. "Powers don't work on them. That doesn't mean powers don't work. Blasting one of these things in the face with water won't work, sure, but some children of Ares, Hades, Thanatos, and such can summon the dead. Cannon fodder is never bad to have on your side, especially when there's a lotta canons to be fired. And of course, there's demigods that can heal wounds, travel through unconventional means, and so on. But I'll give you credit, I am a good shot."

"That's what I like to hear!" Andrew said, referring to Tobin's plan. He listened to the others who had to speak, people speaking up was the first step to a team-like communication. The daughter of Athena didn't hold the reigns so tightly, it didn't seem, which left room for others to take leadership too. "If we're looking for microwaves, we might as well hit New York. I'm sure we can easily find the copper wire we need there too. Even the capacitor. But we might be able to save some time if the Hephaestus cabin already has enough wire and good enough capacitors."

It went to show, that watching Doomsday Preppers would indeed spring an idea to save all sorts of people.

"We should get moving, immediately. I'll take some people with me to New York, we'll keep in touch with Iris Messages." The son of Apollo was eager to prove just how killable these robots were. "We should have everyone staying here prepping the electromagnetic pulse devices, prepping Greek fire for just in case, and keeping tabs on the perimeter of camp." Andrew was just about ready to leave and run to New York with the adrenaline running through him. "Any thoughts?"

Post by Guest 7/23/2015, 10:19 pm

tobin couldn't help but throwing up her hands in a clap, which ended up with her tipping over backwards in her crash with a soft crash. blinking her eyes rapidly, the demigod shakes her head vigorously, trying to make sense of what had just happened. oh yeah, she had gotten a bit too excited that someone liked her plan. scrambling back onto her feet, she stands her chair back up on its legs and plops herself back down on it. well that was a bit embarrassing . . . oh well!

"right! so how exactly do you plan on getting the microwaves? by stealing them? hey, i'm always down for mischief, but if your group could keep the mortal authorities out of our plans, that would be amazing. we're trying to solve problems, not possibly create more." as she talks, the lights in the room shudder back to life, showing off a glint of energy in her toffee eyes. once she was done addressing andrew, she looks to the girl who had mentioned something about being slightly knowledgeable about electromagnetic pulses. "first off, i have no clue how you all know my name! second, that is good! we need all the knowledge we can get our hands on." the demigod was now up on her feet, opening up the shades that for some reason were down during the middle of the day. having the sunlight shine into the room definitely helped lighten the mood in it, which was good. "let's get some light in here," the girl mumbles as she finishes opening up the last shade. she turns around and looks to all the other demigods in the room. "there, much better!"

also, how should we go about dividing the groups up evenly? pick out who is skilled in what category and divide them evenly among groups. also, should there only be two groups?" tobin didn't really know what she was talking about now. sure, she could talk about electrical energy and magnetic fields all day, but creating even teams and stuff like that? the daughter of astrape was clueless when it came to that.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2015, 3:56 pm

"By all means, let's waste hours going to New York for microwaves." Victoria shook her head. "All we need is right here at camp. Did none of you ever go to the forge? We need: the circuit of a camera flash or a zapper, copper wire, insulation material, a battery holder and a switch. Everything is right here, and if there isn't enough, I can print some."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Post by Metilinos 7/27/2015, 10:14 pm

Well, that was one way to crash the skyscraper tall wave of morale that was going. Thanks, yellow care bear. Of course, Andrew wouldn't voice that. He was stubbornly keeping his mouth shut, it was for the best to not begin arguing. Especially with the girl who seemed like she held a grudge. Especially when she could use more syllables in a word than words in most of her sentences.

"Circuits and motherboards aren't just things that are printed. At least, not to my knowledge." Andrew hastily added in the part about his knowledge. He had no clue what things the Athena cabin had been working on. Maybe they had made a 3D printer capable of it? He strongly doubt it, with how advanced that must be, but he wouldn't put it passed them. If anyone could do it, it was the cabin of blonde hair and grey eyes.

"If you feel different, let us know. But at the end of the day, it's up to us as a whole." Andrew insisted. It had looked like she'd been running the show for a while, but when it came to rallying people together, Andrew figured Victoria was as good at that as an overtired Starbucks manager. "Is there a chance we have the circuitry we need already? And if we do, will depleting this resource be troublesome?" The question was dictated at the entirety of the group for those who would know about it. Whether it be Tobin or a child of Athena. Or someone else who happened to know.

Post by Guest 7/28/2015, 9:50 am

"well let's see, who here has any disposable cameras? they will be the best source of a circuit board. and if we don't have enough, they can be printed, yes. i was thinking we were making more of a large take-down-a-robot-grade electromagnetic pulse machine, which is why we would need something as large as a mot. do you plan on creating small-grade electromagnetic pulse machines then if they work successfully on smaller things, make large scale ones?" tobin didn't exactly follow why the daughter of athena was hellbent on making all of the plans bend to her will. did the demigod want to lead this project that badly? why didn't she just go off by herself and take them down all on her own? whatever the reason, tobin decided not to wreck her thoughts on the subject. there were larger concerns at the moment.

"well, i don't really think disposable cameras are really so much of a resource. they are mass produced and can be acquired easily. copper wire is easy to come by, as well as insulation. switches and battery holders can be either printed or created in the forge very easily." by now, tobin was pretty sure it was only her, andrew, and victoria that were truly contributing to the group. the daughter of astrape turns her head to look at all the other demigods in the room. "do any of you guys have any ideas stowed away in your heads? don't let us run this show. by all means, put forth some input! we don't bite . . . well, she might," tobin adds, lightly chuckling as she points quickly to victoria when she says the last bit. she wasn't trying to start anything, but rather lighten the grim mood in the room.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2015, 11:03 am

"I have a 3D omniprinter in my cabin, self-made, that can print any material if only I can provide it. With the correct programming, I could print you a flamethrowing hairbrush razor blade," Victoria said in a flat voice. "How do you think I got the parts to build my hoverboard?"

Then she listened to Tobin and nodded. "While you gather the materials, I can print out several circuits as well as put together the frame of the machines. I suggest we stay here for the building part though, there is a robot in the vicinity of the forge."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 8/2/2015, 12:41 am

Galena had listened to the exchange for a while, but wasn't really sure what to input. She hugged herself defensively, looking around. She wasn't a fighter, or a builder. Her expertise came in the form of programming, usually. "Victoria, isn't half the stuff we need in the forge? I mean, seriously, aside from your omniprinter..."

Her voice trailed off and she looked over to Lightening Bug and That Guy That Wasn't A Demititan Or Holding A Scythe. "If we're doing teams, and separating based on specialty... I'm just a software nerd. Not hardware."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:52 am