A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private)

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Empty I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/21/2016, 11:16 am

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_o9lnm7kBNb1ruw9nfo1_500

It was early in the morning, far earlier than Emma wanted to be awake, but she couldn't sleep, again. The sun had just started to rise when Emma reached the front steps of the cabin. The air was crisp and cool, and a light fog laid over the ground. The daughter of Zelos was wearing a short dress with little flowers on it, a navy jacket, dark gray tights, and a pair of black boots that came up to her knees. She'd only put in the effort to do a small bit of makeup and brush out her hair, not wanting to wake her cabin-mates that early.

Emma had discovered the Old Titan Cabin a while on one of her adventures through the woods with her best friend, and cousin, Allison, and her brother, Miles, and had started coming back quite often. There was something beautiful about nature retaking the building, weeds and flowers a like overgrowing the place. Emma didn't know anything about what the place was, but that didn't stop her from coming here almost everyday now.Emma was sitting on the front steps of the cabin, picking at the flower petals on some daisies that had grown through a crack in the steps. She was lightly humming a song as she watched the slowly rising sun peak through the trees.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Empty Re: I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private)

Post by Green 7/21/2016, 12:00 pm

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_inline_nlxcgbNXf81scq4k2
    Calder didn't like getting up so early especially during the Summer, but since it was the coolest part of his day, he decided to sacrifice. While walking passed the cabins, Calder peeped inside of the still sleeping Aphrodite cabin. There was someone special inside of it that he was hoping to get to see today. He could hear soft music coming from the Apollo cabin. They always got up with the Sun which made sense because of who their father was.

Just wearing a pale blue t-shirt, blue jeans, brown flip flops, and a gray beanie. The son of Khione walked through the forest until he came across a girl who seemed to be humming something. "Sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt you." Calder said with his mid Finnish accent.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Empty Re: I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/21/2016, 12:28 pm

Emma's eyes popped up from the flower in her hand and the humming stopped when she heard a voice. There was an accent to her voice, but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. Emma sat there for a second too long just looking at him, her hand mid-pulling a petal off the flower. It had been a while since Emma had talked to someone who wasn't related to her, and she kind of forgot how it went. Emma blinked once, and then pulled the petal off, pulling herself back into the real world with it. "Oh, no. You didn't disrupt me at all." Emma said, a wide smile forming on her face. Emma stood up and shook the dirt of the skirt of her dress. "I'm Emma." She said, her voice sweet and innocent.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/21/2016, 12:56 pm

"I'm Calder. Calder Virtanen." He greeted with a wave. "It's nice to meet you, Emma." He walked closer to her, putting his hands inside of his pockets. He knew if he stood in one place for too long, then frost would start forming in his footsteps. "What were you doing if you don't mind me asking?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/21/2016, 1:08 pm

Emma waved back. "It's nice to meet you, too, Calder." Emma said, sitting back down on the porch. She patted the space next to her, gesturing for Calder to sit down. Emma crossed her legs, placed her elbows on her knees, and placed her chin in her hands. "I was thinking about how unlikely rainbows are. Like, it takes so much going exactly right to make them happen." Emma said innocently. She looked back out into the woods, watching a chipmunk scurry in front of the cabin.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/21/2016, 2:12 pm

Calder sat down beside Emma, hugging his knees to his chest as he looked at the forest, then back at the Old Titan Cabin. That in itself was frightening. "You should check out the rainbows in the Iris Cabin." Calder said with a smile. "They do all kinds of tricks with them."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/21/2016, 2:22 pm

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_oafod74HVu1uzml7wo4_250

Emma looked at Calder, smiling. "I like rainbows." Emma said, sweetly. "What do you like?" Emma was a little clumsy goofball who just loves life. She was so goofy, though, that it was hard for her to make friends who accepted her as she was. That's why, since she got to camp, she spent so much time with her family. Even though it was tough, that didn't stop Emma from trying.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/21/2016, 2:40 pm

Calder laughed some at the girl's innocence. It was good to engage with someone who wasn't completely corrupted by the world. "I like...snowflakes, cookies, iced coffee, Finland, ice puns and...this one Aphrodite boy." The son of Khione laughed a bit, looking down at Emma. "How long have you been at Camp Half-Blood, Emma?" He asked playing with the beads on his camp necklace.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/21/2016, 8:37 pm

Emma smiled excitedly. "Finland!" Emma said excitedly, poking Calder's arm. "That's where the accent it from!" Emma exclaimed, with a small laugh. The daughter of Zelos looked more and more excited as the conversation went on, excited that she was even holding a conversation without someone calling her weird or goofy or telling her to get out of Emmaland. Emma pulled her necklace out from under her dress, exposing 2 beads, one brand new looking. "I just passed the 2 years mark." Emma said with a proud smile.

Last edited by QTheRevolution on 7/22/2016, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 12:39 am

"Two years? That's pretty cool!" He laughed, scratching the forming stubble underneath his chin. "So, where are you from, Emma?" Calder asked, wanting to make a new friend. His current friend group was awesome, but that didn't mean he didn't want expand his friendship kingdom.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 12:53 am

Emma drummed her fingertips on her knee caps. "I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I lived there with my dad, step mom, step brother, Miles, and my best friend-slash-cousin Allison." Emma said excitedly. Emma didn't know what to say not to scare him away. Emma loved who she was, but also spent a lot of time caring about what people thought of her. Like, a lot of time. A LOT A LOT. Emma couldn't help but wonder what Calder was thinking of her, but she wasn't gonna ask. That scared people away.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 1:13 am

"Sounds like you're never lonely, ja?" He asked with a kind smile. Calder was very close to his twin sister, Marta. They'd been through a lot together and even came out to their father holding hands. It was a real touching moment. Anyways, Calder looked from the sky to the Emma. "Who's your god parent, Emma? Hebe?" He asked with a playful nudge and a chuckle.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 1:39 am

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_o7yl4wdwzB1ue0wxmo3_250

Emma shrugged. "Miles sleeps an impressive amount, and Allison spends a lot of time reading. I'm not great with making friends, so I guess I do end up kind of lonely." Emma said, picking at her nails, her smile faltering. She took a deep breath, and looked back up, bringing the smile back. She chuckled lightly. "Yeah... Hebe... That would make sense. I wish it made sense. My mom is Zelos." Emma said with a shrug. "Let me take a guess... Your mom is Khione." Emma asked, tilting her head, having taken account all of the things that he liked.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 2:06 am

"Yep, it's Khione. Isn't Zelos the god of, uh, rivalry?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. He decided to let his legs go, touching the ground beneath them as they lightly swung on the swing.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 2:16 am

Emma sighed and nodded. "I'm not really competitive, though. I like watching sports competitions, but I'm not big into winning. I would rather see my friends win and be happy, then to win myself. I love my friends." Emma said, saying the end quieter. She pulled her knees up and placed her chin on her knees, and she picked at the laces on her boots.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 12:05 pm

Calder nodded his head slowly. "I get it. Do you get along with your paternal brother and sisters?" He asked curiously as frost crept across the seat from his body. "Oops, sorry about that." He wiped it from the wood before it became an annoyance for Emma. "As you were saying."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 12:44 pm

Emma shrugged. "Not really. They think I'm too nice and goofy." Emma said, thinking about the time that she spent in her cabin with her roommates. It had become so disheartening that she tried to spend almost no time there, unless she was sleeping. Emma looked down just in time to see the ice before Calder wiped it away. Emma's smile returned. She clapped excitedly. "That is so cool! Do it again!"

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 1:05 pm

Calder laughed when she started clapping. "Alright." He concentrated and soon frost started to creep across the bench until it was fully covered with it. "Tell me if it gets to cold, alright?" The son of Khione watched as the Sun began to raise. He knew more and more campers were starting to wake up including his cabin.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 1:28 pm

Emma smiled excitedly. "I love it! I wish I could do something cool. All I can
    do is get mad at Suns, Cardinals, Coyotes, and Diamondbacks games."
    Emma said, listing off his favorite Arizona teams."Oh and the Knicks." Emma added. She'd gotten really into the Knicks since coming to camp. Emma didn't have any cool powers.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 5:00 pm

Calder laughed some. "That's okay! A good number of people don't have any powers. That doesn't make you any less of a demigoddess, Emma!" He said encouraging her. "Some of us just got lucky." He shrugged his shoulders with a smile still on his face.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 9:37 pm

Emma laughed, pushing him jokingly. "Well, some people have all the luck." Emma joked. Emma leaned back on the palm of her hands. Emma ran through their conversation thus far, trying to find something to ask him about, before stumbling on something. "So... Tell me about this Aphrodite booooyyyy." Emma said, drawing out the last word, and elbowing Calder jokingly.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 10:32 pm

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_inline_nlxcdnJSwj1scq4k2
    Calder's cheeks immediately began blushing when Emma asked about him.. "Well...he's cute, seventeen like I am, his name's Winnie and he has a nice a-- personality." The last thing he wanted to do was ruin her innocence that she possessed.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 10:45 pm

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_o8z4exxvgf1vrvsggo3_250

Emma clapped excitedly again. "That is so cute. I l-o-v-e romance. There was this guy..... well.... nevermind.... He's not important." Emma said, her smile maintaining on her face, but something changing in her eyes. She shook her head, and then looked back at Calder. "So, you and Winnie, are you two like actually a thing?" Emma asked.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 11:40 pm

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_inline_nlxcdnJSwj1scq4k2
    The son of Khione rolled his eyes with a wide smile on his face. "Oh, shut up." He got this way whenever Winnie was brought into conversation. "And to answer your question, no. We aren't an item. I barely said ten words to the guy. I'm playing hard to get. It always works. Plus, it gets me all excited." He laughed, nudging Emma playfully. "What about you? Do you have your eye on anyone?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/22/2016, 11:51 pm

I'm Gonna Take On The World (Private) Tumblr_o8z4exxvgf1vrvsggo3_250

Emma poked Calder's arm. "Hard to get. Nice choice." Emma said goofily. Emma looked down when he asked about her life. She shook her head quickly. "The last time i liked someone, he made a big fool out of me. Allison and I agreed that I shouldn't let anything happen without her around." Emma shrugged. What Emma didn't know was that Allison and Miles had this thing called the "Emmaland Cabinet," and there job was to keep the world from ruining Emma.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content