A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Korea! (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Korea! (private) Empty Korea! (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 12/10/2016, 2:25 pm

Daeseung pulled her suitcase out of the Incheon International airport. It felt weird to be in Seoul again, like being suddenly back in your old bedroom after a year of boarding school. She turned around to look at Jongsoo. "Ya, oppa! Where to?" Not gonna lie, she was lowkey starving. The more she imagined the delicious foods that filled the streets, the hungrier she got. Oh she'd love a potato tornado right about now.... or some fish cakes...

OOC: Sorry for it being so short! I got an exam on Tuesday.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Korea! (private) Empty Re: Korea! (private)

Post by honey 12/10/2016, 9:46 pm

feeling good now?
    (yeah i'm feeling good now)

Korea! (private) Tumblr_owyuwx7z4y1r4e5xxo1_250
    jongsoo kang

Jongsoo had just finished talking with his father over a public phone, and he dragged his small carry-on back towards Daeseung at her call. Mr. Kang had expressed happiness at Jongsoo going back to his home country, so to speak, while Mrs. Kang fretted in the background about whether or not the press would care about a possible heir to Kang Hotels being back in Korea, and if they would bother Jongsoo and his friend.

Jongsoo doubted it. Even if the press heard news of it, they didn't know what he looked like now - he'd disappeared off the face of the earth for about two years, as far as they were concerned, thanks to the Mist and its power to hide Camp from mortals.

So with a reassurance from Mr. Kang that Jongsoo could use his credit card for anything he wanted, and a few comforting words to his stepmother, he hung up. As he made his way back to Daeseung, he'd been smiling invitingly at a passing girl, who'd looked back at him with interested eyes, but then Daeseung called him "oppa," and the girl hastily turned away.

"Hey, uh, so did you really mean that you'd call me oppa all the time? Because I was totally thinking about being gracious and letting you totally off the hook, we're close enough to not use titles, yeah?" It was half a joke, because honestly it did give him a warm feeling inside to be called oppa.

His stomach growled as soon as he was finished with his sentence, and he straightened up with renewed purpose. "Right, first we're going to the flat to drop off our things, and then we're going across the street - there's this little ahjumma that makes the best gimbap and mandu. it's to die for, Daeseung, honest."

ooc// still sick & on mobile :(

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/11/2016, 5:08 am

"Only around girls," Daeseung snickered, then grinned sheepishly. "Sorry bro. I admit she was quite pretty." Her thoughts immediately switched when he mentioned food. A low grumbling came from her stomach. "Oh, gods bless you." Quite honestly, she was also curious to see where Jongsoo lived. She thought about it a little on the ride there -- would he have a sprawling flat? A sculpted townhouse? At this point she was expecting anything.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/12/2016, 10:09 am

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Before long, they hailed a cab and made their way to Gangnam, and Jongsoo winked at the grumpy driver and gave him a generous tip, and the cabbie took them right to Jongsoo's doorstep, whistling happily the entire way there.

"Right, well then," Jongsoo said brightly, when they were both in the lift, heading up to the top floor of the narrow building. "It's a tad bit on the small side," he shrugged as the lift dinged, signaling their floor, "but we have hotels everywhere and a house in Daegu, so it'd be sort of useless to get a bigger one." He'd chosen the flat instead of the house because it was right in the heart of the city, so they'd be able to go everywhere. The lift doors opened, and Jongsoo motioned Daeseung forward, following her into the flat.

(It was definitely not small.)

It was a studio flat, full of soft light from the windows, with clean white walls and ceilings and light brushed oak floors and furniture. There were touches of pale pastel colours here and there - a pink throw pillow on the sofa, a soft blue painting on the wall, a jade plant on the windowsill, a sprig of lavender on the table.

A small set of stairs led up to a loft, similarly coloured and furnished. There there were two beds on opposite sides of the loft, a large walk-in closet in between them, as to provide privacy as well as storage.

"Make yourself at home, darling,"Jongsoo smiled graciously (although the excitement shined through his voice - he'd never had a an actual friend over, most of his friends in his home in Dorset had been brought over by parents, for a dinner or something). "We can leave to eat as soon as you're ready!"

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/12/2016, 6:52 pm

Daeseung opened wide eyes. It had been some time since her last experience of luxury, but this was a different kind of rich. Far from Emily's glamorous estate and the floating jacuzzis of the Princess Andromeda, this flat was spatious, clean and infinitely soothing. The soft colours reminded her of dewy morning. Inside, it smelled as fresh as a spring breeze.

"This... this is really pretty," she said, looking around. She was surprised. For the son of the goddess of adornment, the decoration was rather discrete, sparse even. She had almost expected rich flowing curtains and crystal lamps.

But actually, now that she thought about it, she realized that this was Jongsoo's style. He was not about opulence the way Emily was, no. He had put the right elements in the perfect places to create a calming, gentle atmosphere. It was simple, but complete in every way.

Daeseung disappeared into the walk-in closet to quickly open her bag and change into better-fitting clothes. Five minutes later she came back out in an oversized number tee with ample mesh cut-outs and a pair of rough shorts, laced with two thin chains.

"I'm good to go!" she happily said, quickly pulling a beanie over her hair.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/13/2016, 10:00 am

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

"Oh, thank you," Jongsoo blushed demurely, although he well knew the flat's decoration was very tasteful. See, he'd taken after his mother in the whole "beauty, splendour, and adornment" area somewhat differently than other of Aglaia's children. Sure, he was as pretty as humanly possible, but it went farther than that. The splendour came in the price tag and rarity of the things Jongsoo surrounded himself with. He liked costly, beautiful, usually unnecessary things, and he carelessly had them, but his taste was not as over-the-top and gaudy as other children of Aglaia.

He dragged his suitcase up the stairs and tossed it to the side as he walked into the closet. Stripping quickly, he slipped on a black cashmere turtleneck, black skinny jeans ripped at the knees, black loafers, and a long tan overcoat. He stuck his head out of the closet and saw Daeseung's outfit, and grabbed a white windbreaker Mrs. Kang had left there.

Hopping down the stairs, he threw the jacket around Daeseung's shoulders. "Daeseung-ah, you'll freeze out there!" he said, fretting - they were in the middle of Seoul's winter, and though luckily it wasn't raining that day, it was still rather cold. He snatched the keys from the ceramic bowl on the kitchen table, patted his pocket for his wallet, and held the door open for Daeseung.

"I was thinking we could take a little day trip after lunch," Jongsoo suggested, as they'd both passed out on the flight there and were well-rested. He was itching to get to know the city again.

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/14/2016, 10:05 am

"Oh were to?" Daeseung asked, slipping into the windbreaker. Like Jongsoo, it was classy and fashionable, and dressed up her casual, jock-style clothes into something trendy. She felt even more confident than usual.

They left the flat and crossed the street. Daeseung's stomach was quietly grumbling, and the warm smell inside the restaurant only made the emptiness in her belly feel painful. As they chose a table, she wondered where Jongsoo wanted to go to -- Seoul was a large city, there was a virtual infinity of things to do here.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/14/2016, 10:41 am

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Jongsoo greeted the little lady at the restaurant with a low bow and she gave him a shrewd look, until her face lit up with recognition and she ushered the pair of them to a nice seat near the windows. The ahjumma chattered on and on about this and that, and how nice it was to see "little CEO Kang-ssi again," and how she supposed she'd never introduce him to her niece, now that Jongsoo was with a pretty girl, and then she bustled away with a final "I'll get you the usual!"

"Well," Jongsoo said, as they waited for their food, "I was thinking we could get us some new clothes at the Lotte department store, first of all!". After all, he thought, glancing down at the jeans that were a bit too high on his ankles, he'd grown out of many of his clothes, and Daeseung's suitcase could only hold so much.

"And I'm not one for planning all that much, so we can wing it after that," he added, and then brightened up. "I do want to go to Namsan Tower later! It's so pretty at night."

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/17/2016, 4:10 pm

OOC: Sorry!!

BIC: Shopping? She was down. Despite her casual I-don't-really-care outside, there was a part of the little child in her who always lit up when she was trying on new clothes. "Sounds cool. I've never been to Lotte," she smiled, then nodded with a grin. "Oh yeah, definitely Namsan Tower. That is gonna be great." She smiled again, warmly.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/13/2021, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/19/2016, 2:06 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Jongsoo smelled the food arrive before he saw it, and his mouth began to water as his head whipped up. The ahjumma cooed over him some more before bustling away again, and he grinned at Daeseung, picked up a piece of mandu with his chopsticks, and held it in front of her mouth. "Here, see why I love this place so much!"

ooc// how did finals go? & i'm sorry too - the wifi doesn't work at home & my mobile's really wonky D: also will they be scouted now or later lol

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/20/2016, 9:47 am

OOC: I don't talk about my exams haha xD But thanks for asking! And they should be scouted now, let's go for it :P

BIC: Daeseung drowned her gaze into Jongsoo's captivating eyes and ate the dumpling from his chopsticks. "Mmm," she said as soon as she started chewing on it. "Zeus almighty, this is good." She closed her eyes in relish. The dumpling swished around in her mouth in a firework of taste, when suddenly, she sensed someone sitting down next to them. Her eyes opened with a snap, food swallowed in a heartbeat. A man had sat down across from her, next to Jongsoo.

He looked groomed in a crisp business suit, smooth hair neatly parted, clear skin. Daeseung instinctively touched her bracelet, ready to rip out her daggers. The man smiled politely. "Hello," he said in formal Korean and produced a business card. "My name is Yun Jinhwan. SM Entertainment. Are you two attending an art school?"

OOC: Feel free to RP him too ^^
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/21/2016, 9:19 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Jongsoo grinned at her reaction, and popped a dumpling in his own mouth, and promptly almost choked on it, jerking in his seat at both Daeseung's snapped-open eyes and the man scraping his chair to sit next to Jongsoo.

Mr. Yun was dressed very tastefully, though in a no-nonsense way. And although it took Jongsoo a second to get his food swallowed down the right pipe, he turned on the charm (as if it was ever turned off) and smiled politely at the man.

"Hello," Jongsoo replied, equally as formally if not brightly, and glanced at Daeseung at Mr. Yun's unexpected question. "No, mister, I can't say that either of us are. Erm, may I ask why?"

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/22/2016, 5:28 pm

The man looked at Jongsoo for a few seconds, blinked, then answered: "Because I think you should come to one of our auditions."

Daeseung would've spat out her drink if she'd had one. She was so bewildered that her wide eyes were fixed on the SM agent, despite the aura of charisma emanating from Jongsoo.

"...Audition?" she asked.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/27/2016, 8:40 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Mr. Yun's words slowly sunk into Jongsoo's skull. SM Entertainment, auditions... Jongsoo's stomach seemed to do an Olympic performance of gymnastics at the same time his heart seemed to stop.

"I - that is very flattering, mister," Jongsoo said after some seconds, voice a bit hoarse as he tried to rally his brain into working again. It hadn't booted up yet.

Mr. Yun smiled back, polite, as he continued in his cool manner, "If you are interested, open auditions will be held at the end of January in Busan." Rummaging in his pocket, he pulled out two business cards, sliding them across the table for both Jongsoo and Daeseung. "You may use this as a recommendation of sorts, and please refer to SM's webpage for further instructions."

ooc// can you tell i have no idea how these things work? but i looked it up and sm is actually holding auditions on 21 january in busan so ;)

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2016, 3:48 pm

Daeseung slowly took one of the business cards and studied it wordlessly before looking back up. "Are you serious, ahjussi?"

"Very much so. You and your friend have the visuals. Do you dance, or sing, by any chance?"

Daeseung swallowed and glanced at Jongsoo. "I don't sing that well, but I rap and know some hip-hop. And, uh, Jongsoo...?"

OOC: I actually don't know how it works, I've googled it as much as possible o_o All I got is this: http://aminoapps.com/page/k-pop/4652944/my-street-scouting-experience
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 12/28/2016, 6:53 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Now, Jongsoo was not modest by any means, but he pushed down his urge to immediately talk about himself in favour of talking about Daeseung, because please.

"Are you kidding me?" he burst out, giving Daeseung an incredulous look, and then turning wide eyes on Mr. Yun. "She's a great dancer! She's amazing!" He then sat back in his chair and somewhat composed himself with an easy smile. "Me, I did some modelling a few years back in London, and I can definitely sing, and I'm a fast learner so with some practice I could be a good dancer as well, but rapping is out of the question." Because as not-modest as Jongsoo was, he was not a liar, and the one instance he tried to rap is one of the few cringe-y memories burned into his brain.

ooc// i found this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB4uxJQLrCc

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/29/2016, 6:40 pm

Jongsoo's enthusiastic outburst gave her pins and needles in the cheeks. It felt weird, like... like she was...
    Oh no. Daeseung almost let out one of her .... creative cuss words. She never blushed. Not even when Lindsey was being romantic, and that was saying something.

Lindsey... oh my gods... what would she say? Daeseung had told her, of course, about her almost-audition. But that had been before they got together. How would she react now?

Whilst Jongsoo talked, she stared at the piece of paper in her hand. If she auditioned, if she succeeded, made second round... if she was chosen... Her relationship with her long-term girlfriend could very well be in jeopardy because of this opportunity.
    Now keep your head, she thought. Nothing has been done yet. Nothing has been decided. You haven't been offered anything, you're not a trainee. Just think this through.

"Marvelous," the agent was saying as she snapped back into the present. "I hope to see you there." He stood up and left politely with a smile and a bow.

As soon as he was out the door, Daeseung turned to Jongsoo. "Mate, this is nuts. What are we gonna do?"
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 1/9/2017, 6:00 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Jongsoo bobbed his head furiously in a quick succession of mini-bows as the agent left, and as soon as the man was out the door, he snapped back to Daeseung.

"What kind of question is that, Daeseungie?" he said excitedly, his smile threatening to take up his entire face. "We audition, of course!" Jongsoo was an ambitious person to his core, and this chance couldn't even be pried out of his cold, dead hands. He spared one fleeting thought for Alex - their love would finally be doomed but oh well what did it matter anymore? "I mean, a recommendation doesn't guarantee we'll be cast, but can you believe our luck?"

ooc// AH I'M SO SORRY i was catching up on college stuff!! i'll definitely be more active now ah[/size]

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/12/2017, 6:20 pm

OOC: No problem babe <3

BIC: She couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement listening to Jongsoo. After all, this had been her dream for years. Today, in her actual reach! She felt like she could cry.

However....

There was this one thing.

"I... should probably tell you...." Daeseung looked at her plate. "I sort of auditioned already when I was twelve."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 1/12/2017, 9:28 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

He grinned at her - she was adorable as excited as she was, until what she said really sunk in. He blinked at her for a bit.

"Daeseung-ah," he said, just fighting a stutter, "what do you mean you auditioned when you were twelve?" Jongsoo tried to imagine a twelve-year old Daeseung dancing and rapping in front of a panel of judges at SM, but he couldn't picture it for some reason.

ooc// help me....... i'm thinking about changing jongsoo's fc from suho to jin but i'm not sure?? because i love suho more but i feel like jin maybe captures jongsoo better? what do you think? also please listen to this i've been listening to it non-stop since yesterday

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2017, 5:39 am

OOC: Well Jin has the whole cute/pretty, glamorous/prince vibe going on so honestly I could see it. Even the fanart would fit. AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE this mashup is amazing holy f

BIC: "Yeah. It didn't go well." She sighed, taking her glass of water and avoiding eye contact. "There was a monster, I panicked, and long story short I'm not sure if they've forgotten me or not." Maybe they had? Hopefully. That agent didn't seem like he knew the story so there was a chance. "I don't even know if I would've made it to second round because they broke up the event and I had to run away," she continued. "I was really upset, and I hated myself and everyone for a good while. Becoming a trainee, an idol, it had been my dream since I was like... seven? I worked hard at my dancing every day after school. I was an awful singer but later I discovered rap and it saved my life. Dude was I excited when SM hosted auditions in the US. But of course," she gave the table a hard little slap, "mythology had to show up and ruin everything." Daeseung felt the bitterness come up again. She had been close to making her dream come true. She felt the same way now, maybe closer even.
    Eventually, she met Jongsoo's eye. "So... what if there is a monster too this time around?"
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 1/13/2017, 6:31 pm

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

He listened attentively as she told her story, watching as her eyes flitted away and eventually back again. Jongsoo was not an overly compassionate or empathetic person, but for what seemed like the first time, his heart ached for someone in an unromantic way. Daeseung must have felt alone and terrified and humiliated back then, but...

"Hwan Daeseung," he said (because now was not a time for silly endearments or flirting), putting his hand lightly on her shoulder, "remember you have me this time around. I don't know about you, but having a friend really makes things better, I think." He cleared his throat with a quick pat to her arm, looking away, feeling strangely and suddenly embarrassed. "Anyway, even if they do remember you, we can just use the Mist, and that's that!" Jongsoo finished in his usual bright, breezy manner, poking at a dumpling with his chopsticks.

ooc// IT'S SETTLED THEN jongsoo's fc is now jin (now let's see if i have the strength of will to redo all the gifs & edits i made)

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2017, 6:54 pm

OOC: I found a thing.

BIC: Daeseung chuckled. "You know how to use the Mist?" She herself knew only a few tricks. How to make a mortal see past a legendary creature or mistake her daggers for a pair of keys. Nothing major.
    However, as much as it pained her to realize it, she with all her big tough rely-only-on-myself attitude, was actually heartened by Jongsoo's presence. Even... relieved. There was just something about him, a warmth, a feeling, a vibe of general positivity. He gave her hope. When she looked at him, she started thinking of all the good sides: she knew how to fight, she knew how to use her powers. If there was a monster in there, she was sure she could scare it away. And if not, she would be happy to send it back to Tartarus as discretely as possible.
    And Jongsoo would be there. She had never really minded being alone, but his presence would be significant. Stronger together, that was what Lindsey and her always told each other.
    She hadn't known him for long, but she wanted to believe him. Even if she felt scared inside.

Eventually she sighed. "I don't want to blow up a second chance, Jongsoo-ssi. I can't take the risk." She picked at her napkin, then shook her head. This was it, this was the big step. "But I'm not twelve anymore." Daeseung held out a hand. "Let's do this."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/28/2017, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 1/18/2017, 12:52 am

feeling good now?

jongsoo kang

Jongsoo laughed a bit awkwardly, rubbing sheepishly at the back of his head. "Ah, not really. I kind of assumed you knew how to use the Mist. I'm sure they won't remember you anyway, you were twelve."

He watched as Daeseung shoulders tensed, then slumped, then as she seemed to steel herself, looking up at him again. He liked the fierce look in her eyes - although he didn't know her that well, he knew that this was her. Jongsoo grinned widely again as she stuck her hand out. He gladly shook it, her hand small but firm in his. "Yes!" he cheered. "That's the spirit! Now let's finish quickly, because we have to a lot of shopping if we want to be presentable and ready for auditions. Eat well, Daeseungie!" With that, he unceremoniously shoved a dumpling into his mouth. They should also probably get home and start pushing furniture towards the walls, to practice dancing. he thought. But shopping was important.

ooc// ahem i made another thing ;)

Last edited by baekhyun on 9/27/2017, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/18/2017, 12:08 pm

Daeseung finished her lunch in record time. It was delicious and she probably ate more than she should have, but she was too happy to truly care.

"What's the best shopping place in Seoul?" she asked. "Also, we should probably get our hair done too. Mine is a bit... eh." The orange dye had started fading and looked murky rather than bright.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content