A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other

Aves
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9301
    Registration date : 2010-06-23

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other Empty To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other

Post by Aves 2/2/2022, 1:36 pm

Emily strolled the streets of New Rome with confidence, a small smile gracing her lips as she reminisced about the stories from her grandmother about these very streets, and now she was doing the same. Her outfit was pretty standard for a day like today, old Camp shirt she had cut the sleeves off of to make a tank top, a pair of shorts, and running shoes. She had completed her studying for the day and just in time to head to The Coliseum to watch another week of the Gladiator Games.

Making friends had always been one of Emily's strong suits, and she made a new one just a few days ago. The daughter of Bellona funneled into the amazing structure with the rest of the crowd, looking for her friend as she walked toward their seats. A small sigh left her lips seeing the stands almost packed with people. She hated climbing over people but would have to to get to George. A curse left her lips under her breath just as she found him in the stand. Perfect! She thought to herself as she climbed the steps and started shuffling past people in their seats, "Hey!" She said excitedly, sitting down softly next to the son of Aglaia.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other Empty Re: To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other

Post by honey 2/2/2022, 4:58 pm

The sun shone warmly on George's back as he clambered over people with a flash of an apologetically dazzling smile, his long legs stretching from row to row until he reached one with a good view and some empty spaces. He'd been looking forward to this all week, since he'd met Emily Cartier in one of his classes and had quickly started a fast-paced conversation. He'd put up with all the monotony of class and homework and studying and charming his math tutor to be nicer and more patient with him (he just wasn't meant for math!), with the goal of having fun at the end of the week at the game, so by gods he was going to have fun.

After narrowly dodging a snack bag and a drink from spilling on him, George finally found a space in between two demigods, and he lunged for it (well, lunge was a strong word - anyone else would have described it as a graceful leap, or something). "Hi! These seats aren't taken, are they? Thanks!" he asked the admittedly very cute Romans brightly - not giving them a chance to refuse - smiled his prettiest smile at them both, and sat down. After giving the guy an appreciative once-over (since the girl was turned slightly away), George stretched his neck and turned his eyes to the lower stands, on the hunt for his friend.

After a bit, he honed in on a familiar dark head of hair, and he bolted up in his seat. Waving his arms in the air, he yelled, "EMILY! EMILY UP HERE!" until the daughter of Bellona looked up and saw him. She quickly made her way over to him, and he darted forward to kiss her cheek when she sat down.

"Hey, love!" George grinned at her. "Wasn't class completely insufferable this week? Today couldn't have come fast enough," he added with a dramatic grimace.

Last edited by honey on 2/28/2022, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other Empty Re: To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/3/2022, 9:54 am

David had finished his lab assignments just in time for the gladiator games. Pushing his way through the crowd, he gave his ticket to a staff person with an excited smile. He couldn't wait to watch the games. He'd been coming here every week or so since he started at NRU. It was so much better than the MMA fights his mortal friends liked to watch - here you had armor and categories and techniques and strategy! There was no getting tired of it. The staff guy handed him his stamped ticket back and he made his way upwards on the marble stairs.

The Colosseum... Every time he was here, it was like little angel voices sang in the background. The grandiose amphitheater was almost a perfect replica of the one in Rome - well, old Rome - just slightly taller and with more modern mechanisms. He'd read all about how it was built, the architecture, the stages etc, everything. He could probably tell you the total number of stones in the whole structure or the exact diameter of the arena.

"Scuse me, sorry," he said as he elbowed his way past a throng of teenagers and squeezed into row LXI. His seat was there, the marble warmed by Californian sunshine. He was just leafing through the program when a beautiful masculine voice behind him said:

"Hi! These seats aren't taken are they? Thanks!"

David almost fell over. The guy who had spoken - and was now scampering past him without waiting for a reply - was without a doubt one of the most gorgeous people he had ever seen. And he'd seen some gorgeous people in his life, having been around demigods practically 24/7 for six years or so. But gods of Olympus this one was something else. He was lean and elegant, with dewy clear skin, sparkling eyes and chocolate brown hair ... A vision. Gender-swapped Aphrodite.

Against all odds, the son of Athena managed to pick his jaw off the floor and make space for the guy who sat down right next to him. Wait... was it him or did he just give him a once-over? David wasn't one to blush but he could feel his ears turning pink. Dammit. He passed a hand through his messy blonde strands, trying to look cool and relaxed but definitely covering his ears with his hair. What should he do? He couldn't just sit next to this absolute supermodel and not strike up a conversation. David prepared to strategically drop his program at the guy's feet to have an excuse but he suddenly stood up and waved his arms at a girl. He followed his eyes and saw an athletic brunette making his way over to their row.

Oh great, he was here with a friend. That complicated things. David scrapped his innocently-dropping-the-program idea and racked his brain to come up with a new strategy....

... and Gorgeous Guy kissed the girl on the cheek. Shattering his budding dreams. He even called her love! David sighed and turned away to make a disgruntled face. Why did so many hot guys have to be straight?

Lillie hadn't really paid attention to the interaction happening next to her. She was nose-deep in a One Piece manga, headphones tightly screwed on and the straw of a drink in her mouth. In case you didn't realize, that's her way of saying Don't talk to me. She had come early to save herself a seat since she'd missed the online sale, and had been here for about half an hour. She was sweating a bit, all decked out in black under the hot sun, but with a perfectly iced drink in her hand she barely felt it.

The show wouldn't start until 3 which gave her about ten more minutes to immerse herself in her world and not deal with people. Loudly slurping her bubble tea, she flipped a page and only briefly looked up when a guy sat down a seat away from her. Unlike David, she didn't fumble or blush, but she did note that he was extraordinarily handsome. Even by demigod standards. A second later she was immersed in her book again, flipping another page, her ears gently cradled by shrill screams of heavy metal.

She was just sighing contentedly when someone bumped into her, almost spilling her drink. She glared up at the brunette sitting down next to her.

"Hey. Do you mind?" she growled.
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 2/3/2022, 4:21 pm

After kissing George on the cheek in return, Emily sighed and rolled her eyes dramatically, "Don't get me started." She sighed her french accent poking through her words just a little, "I've been looking forward to this afternoon since Monday morning." She said looking down at the program for the day as she reached up into her hair and turned her hearing aids down a little bit, the noise of the crowd becoming distracting.

She sat between George and the girl he was sitting next to. She gasped as she bumped into the girl as she squeezed between her friend and the girl. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She said politely, "I didn't spill your drink, did I?" She asked concerned, fully prepared to buy the girl a new drink and maybe one for herself. Emily couldn't help but think how warm the girl must be, sitting in the California sun wearing all black.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/3/2022, 10:28 pm

i know i've got a big ego
    To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other E5507fd5d7496c822e037cdb8f2bdd2ce19c5c4b
    GEORGE KANG

"Honestly, meeting you on Monday was the best thing to happen to me in at least a month," George snorted, playfully nudging her shoulder with his own. He loved making new friends, and judging by the enthusiastic way Emily and him had hit it off, he could tell they were going to keep getting along wonderfully. She brushed her hair away from her ears and huh, he hadn't realized she'd had hearing aids. Maybe he'd ask her to teach him sign language sometime - nothing was worse than flirting with someone only to realize they communicated in a different language.

To be quite honest, he didn't have much interest in games beyond admiring and appreciating the fighters' bodies in the sun - it was too sweaty and dirty for his taste - but what he loved was the atmosphere, the fun of being in a crowd who were all just as excited as you if not more. Speaking of the games, he was just thinking that he should really look at that program, when the flash of color to his side caught his eye. The cute demigod to his right held a program in his pretty hands like a tantalizing gift, and George made up his mind while the demigod's head was turned away.

"Excuse me, darling, I think I forgot to grab a program from the front - d'you mind if I borrow yours for a bit?" George asked him, and when he reached to take it from the demigod, he "fumbled" it with a little startled noise, and it fluttered to the seat on the other side of the guy. "Oh, sorry, let me--" George mumbled, and leaned around him, tilting his body flatteringly and making sure to brush against him.

He snatched the program up, and settled back into his seat, if not a tiny bit closer to the guy than he had been before. "Ta, love," George said, flashed another warm, bright smile at him, and turned his attention down to the triumphantly acquired program in his hands (and if he had an identical one in his tote bag? Well, the guy didn't need to know that.)
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/5/2022, 11:20 am

Lillie was very much looking forward to the possibility of chewing someone out and starting a fight but, unfortunately, the girl apologized. She was even conciliatory. Eugh. Now the beautiful rant Lillie had prepared in 0.5 seconds evaporated into thin air.

"No, you didn't" she reluctantly grunted. "But you could've! Try and be mindful of others around you." At this point even she knew she had no leg to stand on so her sentence ended in a vague grumble. Slurping her bubble tea louder than ever, she maxed out the volume of her headphones and went back to her manga. Hopefully the fights would start soon. She was growing restless.

David was trying to distract himself by animating the little gladiators on the programme with a trick of Mist. Bam, the cestus hit the myrmillo square in the face. He was doing a fairly good job of blocking out the conversations around him when the angelic voice next to him asked: "Excuse me, darling, I think I forgot to grab a program from the front - d'you mind if I borrow yours for a bit?"

.... Darling??

David turned around, wanting to make sure he had not misheard, that the model was really talking to him and not his girlfriend. Surprisingly, he was. The guy smiled and reached for the programme, both of them fumbled, and the flyer fluttered to the seat on David's other side.

"Oh, sorry, let me--"

Not even waiting, the guy leaned over his lap to get the program before it could make another bid for freedom. David froze from head to toe. His ears turned bright fuchsia. Was this... really happening? He could swear he felt goosebumps as the guy lightly brushed against him. Goosebumps. In the middle of summer! And his scent, oh my gods... Did he jump out of a Chanel ad?

"Ta, love," he said as he leaned back up, leaving David's head filled with Error 404 pop-ups.

Come on, get it together big guy. He couldn't just stay frozen like one of Khione's statues after that.

"Erm... anytime." He cleared his throat, drank a mouthful of water and turned back to him. The guy was flirting, right? Time to retaliate.

"Do you ever fight in these games yourself?," David smiled. "You look like you have the build for a parmularius."

Last edited by FinnsRainbow on 2/5/2022, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 2/5/2022, 6:48 pm

Emily loved fighting as much as the next kid of the gods of war, but she tries to avoid conflict with other people if she can. A part of her loved disarming her opponents, watching their fight fade from their eyes as they accepted their fate. She watched as the other girls shoulders sagged gently and she spoke reluctantly. Emily nodded thoughtfully, hearing the other girl grumble but not quite able to make out what she said after saying Emily should be more mindful but deciding not to ask her to repeat herself as she turned her music all the way up and looked back into her book.

Emily felt George nudge her shoulder as she was sitting down and had heard most of what he said, but by the time she was done apologizing to the girl she had bumped into and turned around to respond he was flirting with the blond boy. Or at least what she assumed was flirting based on the blond's deep blush and the stumbling of his words. Best leave them to it, she thought before turning her attention to the playing field. Her mind drifting back to her own attempts at playing in the gladiator games just a few years ago. It didn't go overly well for her, only winning two matches and then getting her ass handed to her in the third the last time she tried to participate.

Emily nudged the girl reading her book with her knee trying to get her attention, might as well try to make friends if nothing else she figured. "Are the books any good? I've only seen the show." She asked smiling politely.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/6/2022, 3:41 pm

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other D9578901e04bfbe44a930befb9803f4ef8676a2e
    GEORGE KANG

The loud slurping noise from his left distracted him from his skimming over of the borrowed program in his hands, and he leaned around Emily to look at the pretty girl dressed in all black. George's eyes zeroed in on the cup of bubble tea she held, and he gasped dramatically. "Where the Hades did you get that?" he asked the girl urgently, brown eyes open wide. He gently tapped her knee to get her attention, as she had headphones on. "I've been looking all over for a good boba place and I haven't found anything! Please, I am going through withdrawal, haha." (The last part was only half a joke.)

The sound of a throat clearing directly next to him distracted him yet again. George turned back to the cute blond at his right, and was met with an adorable smile and - ah. He was really rather attractive, wasn't he? The blond asked him if he'd ever fought in the games since he apparently had the build for it, and George grinned, delighted.

"Do you think so?" He huffed a laugh, feigning shyness for a second. "No, it's never really been my thing, but, uh," he hesitated, and not-so-subtly looked the blond over again, "you look like you could handle yourself." A slow smile spread across his face as he met clear blue eyes. "In a fight, I mean."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/8/2022, 11:40 am

Lillie was completely immersed in the story when a little nudge came from the girl next to her. She reluctantly took a headphone off her ear. "Sup?"

"Are the books any good? I've only seen the show," the girl asked.

Finally, an intellectual conversation.

"The books are the OG," Lillie said. "I liked the anime but it was too censored in my opinion. Loved Sabo's backstory though."

She loudly drank from her bubble tea and was about to carry on talking about One Piece - the girl couldn't be that bad after all - when the Asian guy popped his head out of the row.

"Where the Hades did you get that?" He asked and tapped her knee. "I've been looking all over for a good boba place and I haven't found anything! Please, I am going through withdrawal, haha."

Lillie glanced at the spot where he tapped her knee. She wasn't a fan of physical contact, especially unprompted. And given how he'd been cooing at the blonde guy down the row, he probably wasn't flirting with her. Too bad.

"Yeah, there's a really good place in Nerva's mall," she told him. "It's kinda tucked away but I'll give you the address before you die of tapioca-withdrawal."

"You bet I can," David fished out the little owl pendant he wore around his neck. "Athena cabin. Five years and running. Maybe I could win a laurel wreath or two down in that arena."

Was he bragging? Alright, yes. But was he right? Absolutely. David knew he was a good fighter. He wasn't the best - Annabeth regularly beat him to a pulp in the arena - but he was among the top fencers in Camp Half-Blood before he left for New Rome. What harm was there to brag a bit if it could impress the gorgeous guy next to him?

David's eyes glanced at his arms and realized there was no Roman tattoo on either one. "Wait... are you not from Camp Jupiter?"
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 2/8/2022, 1:07 pm

Emily smiled when the girl removed one of her headphones and said "Sup?" Which was progress from a few minutes earlier when the Canadian had sat down. "Oh really?" She asked, not really understanding as much but still remembering that some people had told her that the show was different. "It's been so long since I've seen the show." She admitted laughing a little.

Emily listened closely to the directions the other girl gave to the boba place, she had heard good things about those kinds of drinks but never had the chance to try one. Emily looked back to George grinning, "We have to go then!" She said excitedly. Emily looked back to the girl sitting opposite George, "Thank you so much for the recommendation!" She said happily. "I'm Emily by the way," She introduced holding her hand out for the other girl to shake if she wanted to.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/8/2022, 11:28 pm

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other Tumblr_inline_ppjaruKZ971qasytv_1280
    GEORGE KANG

OOC: Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to time this, so it might be slightly out of order?

BIC: The guy basically preened and George's grin got wider. He had honestly meant his compliment - the blond was lean and athletic, and when he tugged a pendant out from his shirt George could admire the subtle shifting of muscle in his forearms. Then he focused on the pendant the blond was holding. Wait. "Athena-" George echoed, blinking, at the same time the guy spoke again.

"You're Greek?" he blurted out, and excitedly put a hand on the guy's arm, unthinking. The rest tumbled out eagerly. "Oh my gods, I'm Greek - I'm a son of Aglaia, she's a minor goddess!" He moved in his seat, taking his hand off of the (Greek!) demigod's arm to offer it him to shake. "I'm George Kang, what's your name?" He smiled again, this time genuine and warm.

"We have to go then!" he heard Emily say, and still holding the guy's hand, he leaned back so that he and Emily could see each other. "Right, this is Emily, my friend from NRU - we should all go get bubble tea together!" George said - and then a cheer rose from the stands as the games began.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/9/2022, 7:09 am

"I'm Lillie," she said, giving Emily's hand a strong shake.
    Unlike the other demigods down the row, she didn't say anything about her god parent. Had she worked past her issues with Mars? Not exactly. She still carried
    a grudge the size of the Empire State Building against him, and chewing him out on her first and only visit to Mount Olympus had not smoothed over their relationship. He had it coming though.

The model's face lit up with excitement. "You're Greek? Oh my gods, I'm Greek - I'm a son of Aglaia, she's a minor goddess!"

Aglaia.... Figures, David thought as he put his hand on his arm. The goddess of beauty and splendor. No wonder his lightest touch made him turn bright fuchsia.

But now that they were talking, he was eager to keep the momentum going. He leaned into his seat, relaxed, and shook his hand. "I'm David. Wait, I think I might've seen you around. You were among the unclaimed in the Hermes cabin, right?"

There were so many in there it was hard to keep track, but now that he looked at him properly he did seem mildly familiar. They probably just didn't hang out in the same groups. (To be fair David spent most of his time at Camp Half-Blood either in the arena, the library, or pining after Marcus, a son of Nike. Whatever the Hermes cabin had been up to, he hardly kept track. Now he wished he had.)

Still shaking - or holding? - his hand, George leaned back to introduce his friend. "Right, this is Emily, my friend from NRU - we should all go get bubble tea together!"

"David, enchanté. I've never had bubble tea before, should we go after the games?" he asked, glancing from Emily back to George. Ideally he'd like some one-on-one time with the son of Aglaia, but he knew a group thing was the perfect way to get to know him. And to gauge how interested he was in David.

"Sounds good to me," Lillie butted in, then jumped out of her seat to cheer as the games started.

The enthusiasm of the crowd caught David too and he found himself cheering and shouting strategy tips in no time.

Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 2/9/2022, 10:15 am

Emily smiled and shook the girls hand, "Enchanté," The daughter of Bellona said politely. She hadn't really expected Lillie to say who her godly lineage was from, but had some suspicions. Emily understood well how rocky those relationships could be around camp. While her tattoos wasn't hidden at all in her current outfit she wasn't going to snoop and look at other people's. The black crossed sword and torch and caduceus showing her godly lineage were only her first tattoos. She had gotten several more on her back, finding the tattooing needle relaxing and enjoying the self expression of the pieces.

Emily looked back to the blond boy and waved hello, "Enchanté." She repeated, smiling politely. "Sounds good to me too!" She said happily, before standing up and cheering with the crowd. She tried to nonchalantly turn off her hearing aids, she'd be able to hear the crowd just fine, muffled but well enough. She probably wouldn't be able to hear her friends, but the noise of the crowd around her was giving her a headache.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/15/2022, 7:00 pm

To new friends, and watching people beat the snot out of each other Tumblr_inline_o76m58tBMh1u1mcp2_500

David. A nice, strong name for the charming son of Athena. He hoped he'd have the chance to say it a lot more. The cheering got louder as the games started, and George quickly got distracted from flirting. He threw himself up out of his seat to cheer, loud and riotous along with the rest of the crowds. Did he one hundred percent understand the rules of the games? No, although he could vaguely the first one as harpastum. Did he really know who exactly he was cheering for? Also no. Did that stop him from having fun? Absolutely not.

"YEAH!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, waving his arms around wildly. "GO TEAM!!" he added when a few players tackled each other with a boom that he could almost hear from all the way up at his seat. He occasionally grabbed Emily or David's shoulder in excitement, bouncing on his feet.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/17/2022, 2:50 pm

David was completely in his element. He cheered and booed in unison with the crowd, taking meticulous mental notes of interesting sword moves. Sometimes he wished he had been a Roman demigod instead of a Greek one - imagine coming here every week, having lessons tailored for strategic combat !

But who was he kidding, there was no way he could be Roman. Minerva had no children. And he would never trade having Athena as his mom for anything in the world.

"Feint to the left! His side's exposed!" he shouted at a murmillo, his voice drowning in the crowd.

"Skewer him, come on!" Lillie roared somewhere to the side. She was standing on tiptoes, craning her neck to catch a glimpse of the action from behind the 7 foot colossus who'd decided to plop down in front of her. Was he Schwarzenegger's stunt double or something? Lillie was fairly tall but she couldn't reach his midriff if she tried. Why did so many demigods here look like they'd had steroids in their baby bottle? She tried dancing to the sides a little bit, wishing Terminus hadn't confiscated her dagger at the pomerium.

"GO TEAM!" George shouted and David couldn't help but smile a little. The son of Aglaea's enthusiasm was infectious, and his habit of grabbing him by the shoulder put David in the best of moods. He allowed himself to do it a few times too - not too much, he couldn't be flirting too openly especially since George was also doing it with Emily on the other side. But the simple touch of his hand on George's stylish shirt, the graze of their skins, was electrifying.
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 2/19/2022, 9:34 am

Emily's excitement grew with the crowd and her group of friends, even with her hearing aids off she could still hear her friends shouting encouragement to the crowd. "Let's go!!" She shouted excitedly, "Come on! Just disarm him!" She yelled watching the two demigods go at each other. She looked over at George excitedly when he grabbed her shoulder in excitement, doing it to the Greek demigod as well.

A small frown grew on Emily's face when she looked to her other side and saw a hugely tall guy blocking her view. The daughter of Bellona tapped the girls shoulder as the Lillie danced to the sides to try to get a better view. "Do you want to switch spots with me?" She asked trying to be heard over the roaring crowd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 1:57 am