A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Business majors unite (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Business majors unite (private) Empty Business majors unite (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/1/2024, 11:00 am

Spencer wasn't good at group projects. Her competitive streak kept getting the better of her. Arguments were sparked, pencils thrown around, whiteboards defaced, all because nobody took the work as seriously as she did. Unfortunately, that also meant that she usually ended up being the one pulling the entire project together, which she definitely did better than anyone else. And how could she not? With Fortuna and Victoria in her family tree, it was easy to believe she had all the answers.

So after yet another meeting with her team ending in a row, she went directly to the cafeteria to grab a coffee. She needed it. Leaning back against the wall with her steaming cup, she pondered about strategy. Realistically, she knew she had to do this business project all on her own. She could maybe delegate to one or two people, but the three others she just didn't trust. Which was why they had a row today. I mean come on, how difficult was it to produce a neat and organised Excel sheet? She was so deep in thought about how she was going to do this project that she bumped into another girl, spilling coffee. "By Venus, I'm sorry!" she said, clutching her dripping cup. "You're not burned, are you?"
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Business majors unite (private) Empty Re: Business majors unite (private)

Post by honey 2/1/2024, 2:30 pm

Usually Holly would rather go hungry for a few hours than eat at the cafeteria, opting instead to step out to grab a bite elsewhere and eat on the go, but she’d had no time today. She had stayed behind in her dreadfully boring accounting class to sweet-talk her professor into extending a deadline (it’s not that she really needed it, but she had better things to do with her time), and since she’d stayed up late IMing her dads last night, she needed the energy for her next class.

There hadn’t been any spaces in the actual cafeteria so she’d had to take the outdoor seating, and had sat through a slightly wilted salad and the discomfort of quickly stamping down the flowers that would start popping up in the ground underneath her seat. Finishing as fast as she could (and yes she’d scooped some of her food into the offering fire but honestly she doubted her mother would accept it), she neatly stacked her tray away, and set out for her next class at a rather brisk pace. She barely caught a glance of gold beads in dark hair as she turned a sharp corner, before crashing into another girl.

Only Holly’s demigod reflexes saved the Saint Laurent tote bag she used for school from getting splashed, as she jerked back a second before coffee sloshed over the rim of the cup the girl held. Her blouse, however, was a lost cause, and she couldn’t hide the small hiss of pain as the hot liquid went through the light fabric.

At the girl’s frantic apology, Holly tried to play it off - despite her annoyance, she knew it wasn’t exactly the girl’s fault. She voiced as much. “It’s alright,” she said, snatching some tissues out of her bag to brush off the excess coffee on her shirt sleeve (while surreptitiously checking that there was no stain on the black leather of her bag). “I’ve been through worse,” she added dryly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/2/2024, 7:37 am

The girl played it off but Spencer could tell she was only being polite. Her stylish blouse had a big, growing brown stain which didn't go away no matter how many napkins she pressed on it. "Gods, no it's completely my fault, I wasn't paying attention," she said, dabbing at it. "I was angry and, well, bad luck tends to happen when I feel that way. I'm sorry it fell on you."
    She thought quickly. People were starting to stare and she really did want to make it better. The napkins weren't helping. Time for a different approach. Bad luck caused this, maybe good luck could make it right! She closed her eyes, focused hard, and dropped her cup of coffee into the offering brazier, where it disappeared in a golden shimmer. Nothing happened for a moment, then she was struck by a suddent inspiration. "Come this way," she said, and beckoned her towards the girls' bathroom. Hoping for the best, she pushed the door open and gasped happily. Yes! It worked! The box of cleaning supplies, which were usually under lock and key, now stood slightly open and she hurried over to grab the rubbing alcohol.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 2/6/2024, 11:29 am

OOC: I LOVE the bad luck/good luck aspect of her godly heritage! I’d never thought about the bad luck part, I just assumed children of Fortuna would only have good luck haha

BIC: The girl hurriedly pressed enough napkins to Holly’s arm to make her look like a papier-mache project as Holly tried to politely tell her that she was fine actually, it was no big deal, without hurting her feelings or causing a scene. Which wasn’t working, clearly, since some students had started looking sideways at the two girls. Holly felt the beginnings of a headache coming on, before the girl (bewilderingly) darted away from her to toss her coffee cup into one of the braziers.

“Seriously, please don’t worry about it–” she tried to demur, but the girl essentially herded her into the bathroom, and Holly was really about to start protesting – all she had wanted was to get to class on time, and now she felt as prickly as her thorniest rose bush – when she caught sight of the box of cleaning supplies.

“Oh,” she said, eyebrows raising in surprise. Delicately peeling off the napkins stuck to her arm, she then stood still as the girl splashed some rubbing alcohol onto some paper towels to start dabbing onto Holly’s shirt. “Thank you,” she added, meeting the girl’s eyes and giving her the most genuine smile she’d had all day. After a beat, she said, almost teasingly, “Does this happen to you very often? Enough to know where the nearest stash of cleaning supplies are?”
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2024, 5:50 pm

Spencer chuckled, "It doesn't always happen this way. I followed my intuition and found the supplies there, but solutions can pop up in all kinds of ways. For all kinds of mishaps. It all depends on how angry I am and how much I manage to control it. Earlier back there... not so much." She continued cleaning the item, the brown stain paling into a yellow. "Lovely blouse though, where did you get it? The fabric is pristine."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 7:46 am